Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sound advice to Muslims

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I can recall many Years ago there was some problem due to a clock that
had Jesus on the cross on it and the chime was every hour little men
came out and hammered in the nails for the hours. The world has not
ended since then, and most people, although they find it in bad taste or
gross, realise that its just dark humour. So yes, in many ways people
are entitled to be annoyed even outraged, but not go around doing
people harm over bad humour. At tg that rate, Bernard Manning would
never have lived past his 30 birthday.

It's not that long ago Mary Whitehouse initiated a trial of Gay News for
blasphemy in the UK.

It's not just Moslems who don't want anything they don't like said about
anything to do with their religion. Even more so in the US.

Freedom of speech usually means 'my right to criticise you' Commonly, not
the other way round, too.

--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.