Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default I have been told to grow up and act my age (again).

So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3/3/2013 3:04 PM, ARW wrote:
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

Pipe, slippers, a cup of Horlicks...

How do you act your age?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4/03/2013 9:04 a.m., ARW wrote:
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

Growing up is over-rated.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

--
Adam

You're as old as you feel.
I feel 20, I act 20.
I'm actually 60!

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

Screw them!

--
Simon

12) The Second Rule of Expectations
An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4/03/2013 9:52 a.m., usenet2012 wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

Screw them!

And make sure you leave them smiling
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message ...

So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

Act the age you feel you are in your head

So I'm staying 29, acting the prat, being a nuisance and generally ignoring
authority

(I was a late developer !)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Nthkentman wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message ...

So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

Act the age you feel you are in your head

That age changes depending on what I am doing.

So I'm staying 29, acting the prat, being a nuisance and generally
ignoring authority

(I was a late developer !)

There is nothing wrong with acting the prat, being a nuisance and generally
ignoring authority. I have been told that it it is part of growing up:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 20:40:22 +0000, Andy Bartlett wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

--
Adam

You're as old as you feel.
I feel 20, I act 20.
I'm actually 60!

I think Adam is as old as the women he feels.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

Well

I tend to take the year I was born away from the year that the calendar
displays, divide it by 7 and take it from there

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"ARW" wrote in message
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

--
Adam

You're as old as you feel.
I feel 20, I act 20.
I'm actually 60!

I think Adam is as old as the women he feels.

That makes me 30.
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

Suitably bollocked - and be an even bigger prat than you are now just to
annoy 'em. I did that after an argument with a couple of cantankerous
clients just before I retired some 12 years ago - and hell the feeling was
great!

How do you act your age?

As disgracefully as possible - especially if you are past the time you start
to receive your old age pension - it's called regression into childhood.
Would that apply to you yet? ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/13 20:04, ARW wrote:
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

Oh FFS

That's just what a woman says to man when she can't think of anything
intelligent to say, has temporarily run out of convenient lies, and you
are expecting her to grow up and act her age.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/13 22:53, Unbeliever wrote:
ARW wrote:
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

Suitably bollocked - and be an even bigger prat than you are now just to
annoy 'em. I did that after an argument with a couple of cantankerous
clients just before I retired some 12 years ago - and hell the feeling was
great!

How do you act your age?

As disgracefully as possible - especially if you are past the time you start
to receive your old age pension - it's called regression into childhood.
Would that apply to you yet? ;-)

http://labyrinth_3.tripod.com/page59.html

Warning - When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple

By Jenny Joseph

€*

When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple

with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

and satin candles, and say we've no money for butter.

I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired

and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells

and run my stick along the public railings

and make up for the sobriety of my youth.

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain

and pick the flowers in other people's gardens

and learn to spit.

€*

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

and eat three pounds of sausages at a go

or only bread and pickles for a week

and hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes.

€*

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

and pay our rent and not swear in the street

and set a good example for the children.

We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised

When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

Suitably bollocked - and be an even bigger prat than you are now
just to annoy 'em. I did that after an argument with a couple of
cantankerous clients just before I retired some 12 years ago - and
hell the feeling was great!

How do you act your age?

As disgracefully as possible - especially if you are past the time
you start to receive your old age pension - it's called regression
into childhood. Would that apply to you yet? ;-)

http://labyrinth_3.tripod.com/page59.html

Warning - When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple

By Jenny Joseph

Snipped

ROTFL

Bloody hilarious that TNP, thanks for posting it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 20:40:22 -0000, Andy Bartlett wrote:

How do you act your age?

You're as old as you feel.
I feel 20, I act 20.
I'm actually 60!

And can still be as physically active, strength and stamina, as you were
at 20? I try to be but normally pay for it the next day with a few
aches...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

Suitably bollocked - and be an even bigger prat than you are now just
to annoy 'em. I did that after an argument with a couple of
cantankerous clients just before I retired some 12 years ago - and hell
the feeling was great!

How do you act your age?

As disgracefully as possible - especially if you are past the time you
start to receive your old age pension - it's called regression into
childhood. Would that apply to you yet? ;-)

http://labyrinth_3.tripod.com/page59.html

Warning - When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple

One of SWMBO's favourites, and she has sworn to live by it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" writes:

Nthkentman wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message ...

So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

I've been celebrating my 19th birthday for quite some years now.

Act the age you feel you are in your head

That age changes depending on what I am doing.

So I'm staying 29, acting the prat, being a nuisance and generally
ignoring authority

(I was a late developer !)

There is nothing wrong with acting the prat, being a nuisance and generally
ignoring authority. I have been told that it it is part of growing up:-)

That's just what people who have died inside tell themselves to get
through another day. I'd rather be a foolish child than a miserable
prick for the 80 years that I have a choice.

Alex

--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2013 01:33, Alexander Lamaison wrote:
"ARW" writes:

Nthkentman wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message ...

So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

I've been celebrating my 19th birthday for quite some years now.

But thats telling porkies.
However you can be 20/21 forever by changing the base every couple of years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2013 07:52, dennis@home wrote:
On 04/03/2013 01:33, Alexander Lamaison wrote:

I've been celebrating my 19th birthday for quite some years now.

But thats telling porkies.
However you can be 20/21 forever by changing the base every couple of
years.

How so? 19 = x^1 + 9. Easily substitutes correctly for any age over 18
(or else the 9 digit is forbidden)

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

--
Adam

As others feel you should act for the age you are. That usually means that
if you are over 30, you should have become a boring old fart full of life's
responsibilities, much like they are. I hit 60 this year, and people have
been telling me it as long as I can remember. I've told the missus that I
will likely never grow up, and that if I ever do, to shoot me. Life's too
short to not have a bit of fun with ... :-)

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 01:33:11 +0000, Alexander Lamaison
wrote:

"ARW" writes:

Nthkentman wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message ...

So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

I've been celebrating my 19th birthday for quite some years now.

Aren't the neighbours a bit fed up with the same old music yet?

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2013 20:04, ARW wrote:
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

Ignore it. Age is just a number, not a state.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message ...

Nthkentman wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message ...

So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

Act the age you feel you are in your head

That age changes depending on what I am doing.

So I'm staying 29, acting the prat, being a nuisance and generally
ignoring authority

(I was a late developer !)

There is nothing wrong with acting the prat, being a nuisance and generally
ignoring authority. I have been told that it it is part of growing up:-)

Yep....Agreed.

Which is why I am 29 and 294 months innit !

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 03/03/13 20:04, ARW wrote:
So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

Oh FFS

That's just what a woman says to man when she can't think of anything
intelligent to say, has temporarily run out of convenient lies, and
you are expecting her to grow up and act her age.

It was a woman that told me to grow up. She must have been right as her
Mother agreed with her:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Owain wrote:
On Mar 4, 8:21 pm, "ARW" wrote:
It was a woman that told me to grow up. She must have been right as
her Mother agreed with her:-)

And did you rise to their expectations?

Only been there once - not at the same time - and they were both younger
than me.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" writes:

Its all rubbish, men never grow up so I do not see the point of trying to
act as if we have grown up.

It's called neoteny. Allegedly one of the things that distinguishes us
from the other animals.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" writes:

Nthkentman wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message ...

So where does that leave me and what am I supposed to do now?

How do you act your age?

I've been celebrating my 19th birthday for quite some years now.

But thats telling porkies.

Not necessarily. You might be counting in Mars/Saturn/Pluto years as
required.

However you can be 20/21 forever by changing the base every couple of years.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/13 07:21, Windmill wrote:
"Brian Gaff" writes:

Its all rubbish, men never grow up so I do not see the point of trying to
act as if we have grown up.

It's called neoteny. Allegedly one of the things that distinguishes us
from the other animals.

Dogs are the same. Floppy ears only occur in wolf pups. For example.

Dogs are bred to remain puppyish for the whole of their lives.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Alexander Lamaison wrote:
I'd rather be a foolish child than a miserable
prick for the 80 years that I have a choice.

Alex

Of course I was ****ed and I cannot be expected to remember every stupid and
childish thing I did on Saturday night.

I do remember getting thown out of a pub for doing star jumps on the dance
floor (I won that bet) and I know I climbed some up some scaffolding and
pretended to be a monkey before I went out (that was to amuse a 10 year old
child).

And the other thing she said was "your friends are as daft as you" - well of
course they are - that's why they are my friends.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 4:42:20 PM UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 05/03/13 07:21, Windmill wrote:

Dogs are the same. Floppy ears only occur in wolf pups. For example.
Dogs are bred to remain puppyish for the whole of their lives.

And cats. Grown up wild cats do not meow, only kittens do.
They remain in a kitten state when being bred and/or treated as pets.
Very interesting documentary about this last year sometime.
It also explained how to "horse whisper" by using their horse body language to
assert dominance without threatening them in order to revert them to "foal" mode.
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:
On 05/03/13 07:21, Windmill wrote:

Dogs are the same. Floppy ears only occur in wolf pups. For example.
Dogs are bred to remain puppyish for the whole of their lives.

And cats. Grown up wild cats do not meow, only kittens do.
They remain in a kitten state when being bred and/or treated as pets.
Very interesting documentary about this last year sometime.

I wish I had seen that one. However
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHZJrx7RZ2w was the first hit on google.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
wrote:
On 05/03/13 07:21, Windmill wrote:

Dogs are the same. Floppy ears only occur in wolf pups. For example.
Dogs are bred to remain puppyish for the whole of their lives.

And cats. Grown up wild cats do not meow, only kittens do.
They remain in a kitten state when being bred and/or treated as pets.
Very interesting documentary about this last year sometime.

I wish I had seen that one. However
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHZJrx7RZ2w was the first hit on google.

BTW, manis RIP, died a week last tuesday

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

geoff wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
wrote:
On 05/03/13 07:21, Windmill wrote:

Dogs are the same. Floppy ears only occur in wolf pups. For
example. Dogs are bred to remain puppyish for the whole of
their lives.

And cats. Grown up wild cats do not meow, only kittens do.
They remain in a kitten state when being bred and/or treated as
pets. Very interesting documentary about this last year sometime.

I wish I had seen that one. However
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHZJrx7RZ2w was the first hit on
google.

BTW, manis RIP, died a week last tuesday

Sorry to hear that - she was quite a character.

I liked the way you said you did not like her begging for food when your
were eating and then gave her a nice tasty morsel from your plate:-).

--
Adam