Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Weekly spends on the domestic requisites;!...

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket these
days?. I've just had a run in with SWMBO re this over the last few weeks
and to my mind it seems to be a bl^^dy small fortune so I'd just like to
canvass some opinions. Say a family of Four, 2 adults and a couple of
teenage children.

Living in the ever so effluent sarff to include grub, excluding eating
out, and all things like washing up stuff, bog paper cleaning stuffs all
those things that are needed to run the home excluding fuel costs,
amounts per month please if you don't mind

Of course those who don't quite fit that spec are welcome to comment...

cheers....
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/04/2012 21:44, tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket these
days?. I've just had a run in with SWMBO re this over the last few weeks
and to my mind it seems to be a bl^^dy small fortune so I'd just like to
canvass some opinions. Say a family of Four, 2 adults and a couple of
teenage children.

Living in the ever so effluent sarff to include grub, excluding eating
out, and all things like washing up stuff, bog paper cleaning stuffs all
those things that are needed to run the home excluding fuel costs,
amounts per month please if you don't mind

Of course those who don't quite fit that spec are welcome to comment...

cheers....

Kids have left home but last month for self & wife was £325. Not a lot
of booze in there, no expensive "ready-meals" but no particular
attempts to economise. Plenty of fruit and veg (but no organic).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 21:44:53 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket these
days?. I've just had a run in with SWMBO re this over the last few weeks
and to my mind it seems to be a bl^^dy small fortune so I'd just like to
canvass some opinions. Say a family of Four, 2 adults and a couple of
teenage children.

Living in the ever so effluent sarff to include grub, excluding eating
out, and all things like washing up stuff, bog paper cleaning stuffs all
those things that are needed to run the home excluding fuel costs,
amounts per month please if you don't mind

Of course those who don't quite fit that spec are welcome to comment...

Difficult to tell, but average about £60-£70 per month for a family that
fits that spec (hungry teenage boys). Mostly at Ocado.

However, we also spend about £100 a month at Costco on bulk stuff (every
3 months I visit them and stock up). 72 loo rolls, 48 kitchen rolls, 24
litres of orange juice, etc.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:

Difficult to tell, but average about £60-£70 per month

Did you mean ten times that?

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 21:44:53 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket these
days?.

Grocery spend is:
Tescos somewhere between £50 and £70 a week.
Local Co-op another £20 ish/week.
CostCo £100 ish every couple of months, maybe a bit longer.

Call it £375/month. No booze or fags. 2 adults 2 kids. I keep an eye
on the offers and prices it is surprising how often the "big value
family pack" actually costs more than buying two or whatever of the
normal size.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:14:22 +0100, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

Difficult to tell, but average about £60-£70 per month

Did you mean ten times that?

Oops. No, I meant per week!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 27/04/12 21:44, tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket these
days?. I've just had a run in with SWMBO re this over the last few weeks
and to my mind it seems to be a bl^^dy small fortune so I'd just like to
canvass some opinions. Say a family of Four, 2 adults and a couple of
teenage children.

Living in the ever so effluent sarff to include grub, excluding eating
out, and all things like washing up stuff, bog paper cleaning stuffs all
those things that are needed to run the home excluding fuel costs,
amounts per month please if you don't mind

Of course those who don't quite fit that spec are welcome to comment...

A long time ago, when asked a similar question I had to admit I had no
idea, so I started keeping a record.
long term (since 2006) and overall something under £250 month, but
This is for one person living in central London. Call it the Grocery
bill: what I spend in the supermarket (usually Waitrose) plus the deli
and a few other food and household supplies.

April 2010 211.48
May 2010 329.63
June 2010 242.64
July 2010 256.47
August 2010 229.06
September 2010 319.61
October 2010 260.52
November 2010 240.79
December 2010 305.61
January 2011 170.36
February 2011 182.97
March 2011 166.30
April 2011 247.54
May 2011 158.13
June 2011 433.50
July 2011 164.09
August 2011 196.89
September 2011 210.93
October 2011 178.19
November 2011 164.09
December 2011 171.61
January 2012 112.08
February 2012 125.38
March 2012 216.67

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:

Difficult to tell, but average about £60-£70 per month

Did you mean ten times that?

Oops. No, I meant per week!

Family of 4, Ocado - minimum £100 pw, max (bar visitors coming) £150. Varies
as we tend to bulk buy certain things when they come round of a 3 for 2 (eg
washing liquid).

That does not include lunch in the week but does include all household
things - we rarely (once per month) eat out.

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tony sayer" wrote in message

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket these
days?. I've just had a run in with SWMBO re this over the last few weeks
and to my mind it seems to be a bl^^dy small fortune so I'd just like to
canvass some opinions. Say a family of Four, 2 adults and a couple of
teenage children.

Living in the ever so effluent sarff to include grub, excluding eating
out, and all things like washing up stuff, bog paper cleaning stuffs all
those things that are needed to run the home excluding fuel costs,
amounts per month please if you don't mind

Of course those who don't quite fit that spec are welcome to comment...

I'm too frightened to add it all up. There's just the two of us. I must hit
ASDA maybe 3 or 4 times per week (very often for excercise). Anything from
£20 to £60 each time. Even then, I look in the fridge/larder and there's
nothing of interest to eat.
What ****es me off is the '2 for whatever' deals, e.g, some weeks back they
had Bachelors cup'a'soup at £1.08 each or 2 for a quid (now 4 in a pack
instead of 5 [I emailed Batchelors and was virtually told to **** off]).
Then there's the old biddy who wants a few bread rolls, ~69p per pack or 3
for £1.50, cheeky *******s.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/04/2012 21:44, tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket these
days?. I've just had a run in with SWMBO re this over the last few weeks
and to my mind it seems to be a bl^^dy small fortune so I'd just like to
canvass some opinions. Say a family of Four, 2 adults and a couple of
teenage children.

Living in the ever so effluent sarff to include grub, excluding eating
out, and all things like washing up stuff, bog paper cleaning stuffs all
those things that are needed to run the home excluding fuel costs,
amounts per month please if you don't mind

Of course those who don't quite fit that spec are welcome to comment...

Family of 5 (three adults, two junior school age sprogs), probably £130
- £150 / week at Waitrose or sometimes Asda. Then perhaps another £100
every 4 to 6 weeks at somewhere like Makro (booze, bog rolls, misc).

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2012 8:44 a.m., tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket these
days?. I've just had a run in with SWMBO re this over the last few weeks
and to my mind it seems to be a bl^^dy small fortune so I'd just like to
canvass some opinions. Say a family of Four, 2 adults and a couple of
teenage children.

Living in the ever so effluent sarff to include grub, excluding eating
out, and all things like washing up stuff, bog paper cleaning stuffs all
those things that are needed to run the home excluding fuel costs,
amounts per month please if you don't mind

Of course those who don't quite fit that spec are welcome to comment...

cheers....

Why not just try doing the shopping yourself for a while? Then you'll
get a good idea of what it costs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket these
days?.

A lot more since Netto became Asda...

I've got long-term records of housing costs 'cos I make a
standing order payment from my personal account to my
property account every month. Non-housing costs are a bit
harder to come by. Last time I got a new mortgage I kept
food receipts for several months, so in about 2004 I was
spending about £17 a week on food.

Going by the last few months bank statements I'd say I'm
spending about £75pm on food, £12 on bus fares, £12pm on
newspapers etc.

Single person, no kids, no pets, etc.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gib Bogle wrote:
[...]

But you can shop on line so it's not that bad. It's still shopping but
without the car park.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 27, 9:44*pm, tony sayer wrote:
[...]

Two of us around £40/week. But no ready meals, & we grow most of our
own fruit & veg & save in the freezer. Wife does a lot of baking etc.
No gas or electric bills either.

The big one for us is council tax.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket these
days?. I've just had a run in with SWMBO re this over the last few weeks
and to my mind it seems to be a bl^^dy small fortune so I'd just like to
canvass some opinions. Say a family of Four, 2 adults and a couple of
teenage children.

Living in the ever so effluent sarff to include grub, excluding eating
out, and all things like washing up stuff, bog paper cleaning stuffs all
those things that are needed to run the home excluding fuel costs,
amounts per month please if you don't mind

Of course those who don't quite fit that spec are welcome to comment...

cheers....

id wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't 200 notes

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 10:03:27 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article
,
harry wrote:

On Apr 27, 9:44Â*pm, tony sayer wrote:
Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket
these days?. I've just had a run in with SWMBO re this over the last
few weeks and to my mind it seems to be a bl^^dy small fortune so I'd
just like to canvass some opinions. Say a family of Four, 2 adults
and a couple of teenage children.

Living in the ever so effluent sarff to include grub, excluding
eating out, and all things like washing up stuff, bog paper cleaning
stuffs all those things that are needed to run the home excluding
fuel costs, amounts Â*per month please if you don't mind

Of course those who don't quite fit that spec are welcome to
comment...

cheers....
--
Tony Sayer

Two of us around £40/week. But no ready meals, & we grow most of our
own fruit & veg & save in the freezer. Wife does a lot of baking etc.
No gas or electric bills either.

What does the freezer run on then, if not gas or electric?

Allegedly, the sun.

Allegedly.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Eager writes:

Difficult to tell, but average about £60-£70 per month for a family that
fits that spec (hungry teenage boys). Mostly at Ocado.

However, we also spend about £100 a month at Costco on bulk stuff (every
3 months I visit them and stock up). 72 loo rolls, 48 kitchen rolls, 24
litres of orange juice, etc.

I've never managed to get out of Costco for less than £200, but I'm
often buying for 3 households, one of which seems to think kitchen roll
grows on trees. Oh, hang on a mo...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[Default] On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 21:44:53 +0100, a certain chimpanzee,
tony sayer , randomly hit the keyboard and wrote:

How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket these
days?. I've just had a run in with SWMBO re this over the last few weeks
and to my mind it seems to be a bl^^dy small fortune so I'd just like to
canvass some opinions. Say a family of Four, 2 adults and a couple of
teenage children.

Living in the ever so effluent sarff to include grub, excluding eating
out, and all things like washing up stuff, bog paper cleaning stuffs all
those things that are needed to run the home excluding fuel costs,
amounts per month please if you don't mind

Of course those who don't quite fit that spec are welcome to comment...

'Cos I'm sad... (*)

I have records in Microsoft Money dating back over fifteen years of
virtually every penny I've ever spent, broken down into categories.
The breakdown over the last ten years, for a single person (*) for
'Groceries' (basically my supermarket shop which includes bog rolls,
cat food (*), etc.) is:

2002 £1523
2003 £1729
2004 £1671
2005 £1457
2006 £1828
2007 £1929
2008 £1967
2009 £2288
2010 £1878
2011 £1987

(* Lives alone, owns a cat, keeps records of everything he spends,
posts to usenet.)
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have I strayed"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 10:41:22 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
Bob Eager writes:

Difficult to tell, but average about £60-£70 per month for a family
that fits that spec (hungry teenage boys). Mostly at Ocado.

However, we also spend about £100 a month at Costco on bulk stuff
(every 3 months I visit them and stock up). 72 loo rolls, 48 kitchen
rolls, 24 litres of orange juice, etc.

I've never managed to get out of Costco for less than £200, but I'm
often buying for 3 households, one of which seems to think kitchen roll
grows on trees. Oh, hang on a mo...

!!

I usually end up spending about £300-£350 (note that I said I go every 3
months).

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket these
days?

Just on my tod, I'm lucky to get out of Lidl's without breaking the
60quid barrier per week. If I'm being a bit thrifty I can get it down
as low as 40/wk but that's a bit Spartan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/04/2012 21:44, tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

Eventually we will go to the following ...

A daily sugar pill, a multi-vitamin pill, a caffine pill, and an
occasional government sanctioned hallucinogenic (to counter the feeling
of blandness). No energy required for user preparation or storage and
there won't be much need for bog roll which will be good as there won't
be any water available to flush...

The above will still be priced and taxed slightly beyond what could be
called comfortable, to encorage people to work.

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Hugo Nebula" wrote in message
news
[...]

Wonder why it varys like that. Have you seen good and bad times etc ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian C" wrote in message
On 27/04/2012 21:44, tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

Eventually we will go to the following ...

A daily sugar pill, a multi-vitamin pill, a caffine pill, and an
occasional government sanctioned hallucinogenic (to counter the feeling of
blandness). No energy required for user preparation or storage and there
won't be much need for bog roll which will be good as there won't be any
water available to flush...

About as likely as us all having flying cars IMO.

The above will still be priced and taxed slightly beyond what could be
called comfortable, to encorage people to work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[Default] On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:23:02 +1000, a certain chimpanzee,
"Rod Speed" , randomly hit the keyboard and
wrote:

"Hugo Nebula" wrote in message
news

The breakdown over the last ten years, for a single person (*) for
'Groceries' (basically my supermarket shop which includes bog rolls,
cat food (*), etc.) is:

2002 £1523
2003 £1729
2004 £1671
2005 £1457
2006 £1828
2007 £1929
2008 £1967
2009 £2288
2010 £1878
2011 £1987

Wonder why it varys like that. Have you seen good and bad times etc ?

2005 looks low; I don't know why that was (except that I moved from
one part of the country to another). 2010 was when I went on a diet
and cut right down on booze; just prior to that I was getting through
a couple of bottles of wine a week & a bottle or two of lager a night,
all supermarket bought.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have I strayed"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:
On 27/04/2012 21:44, tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

Eventually we will go to the following ...

A daily sugar pill, a multi-vitamin pill, a caffine pill, and an
occasional government sanctioned hallucinogenic (to counter the feeling
of blandness). No energy required for user preparation or storage and
there won't be much need for bog roll which will be good as there won't
be any water available to flush...

The above will still be priced and taxed slightly beyond what could be
called comfortable, to encourage people to work.

:-)

That raised a smile.

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Tell you what, how about posting up low cost recipes?

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 13:13:06 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Adrian C wrote:
On 27/04/2012 21:44, tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

Eventually we will go to the following ...

A daily sugar pill, a multi-vitamin pill, a caffine pill, and an
occasional government sanctioned hallucinogenic (to counter the feeling
of blandness). No energy required for user preparation or storage and
there won't be much need for bog roll which will be good as there won't
be any water available to flush...

The above will still be priced and taxed slightly beyond what could be
called comfortable, to encourage people to work.

:-)

That raised a smile.

In the year 2525....

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
On Apr 28, 1:14 pm, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Tell you what, how about posting up low cost recipes?

You mean like the days I have value soup-in-a-cup and toast for
dinner ;-(

With toast? Do it with pasta.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:
On 27/04/2012 21:44, tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people
I was wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

Eventually we will go to the following ...

A daily sugar pill, a multi-vitamin pill, a caffine pill, and an
occasional government sanctioned hallucinogenic (to counter the
feeling of blandness). No energy required for user preparation or
storage and there won't be much need for bog roll which will be
good as there won't be any water available to flush...

The above will still be priced and taxed slightly beyond what
could be called comfortable, to encourage people to work.

:-)

That raised a smile.

In the year 2525....

Is that when the orgasmatron will be invented?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2012 13:28, Owain wrote:
On Apr 28, 1:14 pm, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Tell you what, how about posting up low cost recipes?

You mean like the days I have value soup-in-a-cup and toast for
dinner ;-(

Owain

One of the best money saving tips IMO is to buy the most expensive bread
and keep it in the freezer. We usually have a Cranks and a Vogel in
stock, and maybe a thick white in case I get loose down below. It goes
straight in the toaster, so an ordinary sandwich is out, but we
certainly don't waste bread. Having watched a bloke feed a whole loaf to
the ducks the other day, I do wonder about some people's home economics

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:
On 27/04/2012 21:44, tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people
I was wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

Eventually we will go to the following ...

A daily sugar pill, a multi-vitamin pill, a caffine pill, and an
occasional government sanctioned hallucinogenic (to counter the
feeling of blandness). No energy required for user preparation
or storage and there won't be much need for bog roll which will
be good as there won't be any water available to flush...

The above will still be priced and taxed slightly beyond what
could be called comfortable, to encourage people to work.

:-)

That raised a smile.

In the year 2525....

Is that when the orgasmatron will be invented?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J04gTJvynjg

for those that need to know
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4/28/2012 9:41 AM, stuart noble wrote:
On 28/04/2012 13:28, Owain wrote:
On Apr 28, 1:14 pm, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Tell you what, how about posting up low cost recipes?

You mean like the days I have value soup-in-a-cup and toast for
dinner ;-(

Owain

One of the best money saving tips IMO is to buy the most expensive bread
and keep it in the freezer. We usually have a Cranks and a Vogel in
stock, and maybe a thick white in case I get loose down below. It goes
straight in the toaster, so an ordinary sandwich is out, but we
certainly don't waste bread. Having watched a bloke feed a whole loaf to
the ducks the other day, I do wonder about some people's home economics

This IS uk.d-i-y, isn't it? Bake your own bread, slice it, then freeze it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Adrian C wrote:
On 27/04/2012 21:44, tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people
I was wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

Eventually we will go to the following ...

A daily sugar pill, a multi-vitamin pill, a caffine pill, and an
occasional government sanctioned hallucinogenic (to counter the
feeling of blandness). No energy required for user preparation
or storage and there won't be much need for bog roll which will
be good as there won't be any water available to flush...

The above will still be priced and taxed slightly beyond what
could be called comfortable, to encourage people to work.

:-)

That raised a smile.

In the year 2525....

Is that when the orgasmatron will be invented?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J04gTJvynjg

for those that need to know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isrd7E5nzIQ

"I think we should have had sex - but there weren't enough people."

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Gib Bogle
scribeth thus
[...]

It might come to that. It was more of what the "average spend" was in
order to live in these days its without doubt this has increased and by
a lot like Gas Leccy and Petrol.

However some forensic accounting work is in progress;-!).

And thanks to all who have thus far replied. I rather expect that we're
all interested in this these days...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:

Having watched a bloke feed a whole loaf to the ducks ...

Bread is not good for ducks.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:

We usually have a Cranks and a Vogel in stock,

FFS why not just eat the litter from the hamster cage? It's about the
same stuff give or take.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:24:22 +0100, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts
wrote:

stuart noble wrote:

Having watched a bloke feed a whole loaf to the ducks ...

Bread is not good for ducks.

Try telling that to the hordes that descend on our village pond. The poor
ducks swim around in bread soup which does nothing for the quality of
water.

There is a small note in the parish council noticeboard but the council is
reluctant to place an obvious notice in this conservation area.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 14:49:00 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

Adrian C wrote:
On 27/04/2012 21:44, tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people
I was wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

Eventually we will go to the following ...

A daily sugar pill, a multi-vitamin pill, a caffine pill, and an
occasional government sanctioned hallucinogenic (to counter the
feeling of blandness). No energy required for user preparation or
storage and there won't be much need for bog roll which will be
good as there won't be any water available to flush...

The above will still be priced and taxed slightly beyond what
could be called comfortable, to encourage people to work.

:-)

That raised a smile.

In the year 2525....

Is that when the orgasmatron will be invented?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J04gTJvynjg

for those that need to know

Actually I was referring to:

http://www.metrolyrics.com/in-the-ye...and-evans.html

and

http://youtu.be/WhNM2K8cmU8

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
On Apr 28, 1:14 pm, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Tell you what, how about posting up low cost recipes?

You mean like the days I have value soup-in-a-cup and toast for
dinner ;-(

Owain

I have dine better than that.

All the veg I was about to put in the trash can, removed bad bits and
shoved in a pot...added a tin of tomatoes..a few broken bits of noodles
found in the bottom of the cupboard, boiled it all up added salt pepper
and oregano and with some stale cheese grated on to the best minestrone
I've ever tasted.

Oh and don't forget lentils..probably the best vegetable for protein
ever if you cant even afford a dead rat for the pot.

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Adrian C wrote:
On 27/04/2012 21:44, tony sayer wrote:
Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people
I was wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

Eventually we will go to the following ...

A daily sugar pill, a multi-vitamin pill, a caffine pill, and an
occasional government sanctioned hallucinogenic (to counter the
feeling of blandness). No energy required for user preparation
or storage and there won't be much need for bog roll which will
be good as there won't be any water available to flush...

The above will still be priced and taxed slightly beyond what
could be called comfortable, to encourage people to work.

:-)

That raised a smile.
In the year 2525....

Is that when the orgasmatron will be invented?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J04gTJvynjg

for those that need to know

Before Jane Fonda went all environmentally lefty and pretended she had a
mind.

sigh.

and how hard it is to achieve it.