Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default Weekly spends on the domestic requisites;!...

On 27/04/12 21:44, tony sayer wrote:

Seeing that most all UK-DIY'ites are sensible practical people I was
wondering if anyone would like to comment on this..

How much of your hard earn't are you spending at the supermarket these
days?. I've just had a run in with SWMBO re this over the last few weeks
and to my mind it seems to be a bl^^dy small fortune so I'd just like to
canvass some opinions. Say a family of Four, 2 adults and a couple of
teenage children.

Living in the ever so effluent sarff to include grub, excluding eating
out, and all things like washing up stuff, bog paper cleaning stuffs all
those things that are needed to run the home excluding fuel costs,
amounts per month please if you don't mind

Of course those who don't quite fit that spec are welcome to comment...

A long time ago, when asked a similar question I had to admit I had no
idea, so I started keeping a record.
long term (since 2006) and overall something under £250 month, but
This is for one person living in central London. Call it the Grocery
bill: what I spend in the supermarket (usually Waitrose) plus the deli
and a few other food and household supplies.

April 2010 211.48
May 2010 329.63
June 2010 242.64
July 2010 256.47