Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default Diesoon v. Numatic Those were the days!

On Sunday, July 3rd, 2011 at 13:34:40h +0100, Steve Thackery wrote:

In fact that's so obvious I wonder why you can't just go out and buy
levitating furniture now.

Well, maybe it is not fully commercially available yet, but I am sure
if you can pay and know the right people, you can buy it.

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=711

Not so good for people with pacemakers though.

And of course the wonderfully ingenious and inventive English are
building, selling, and marketing this type of furniture today.

http://www.hoverit.co.UK/profile.html

QUOTE

British Company, Hoverit Ltd, introduce €˜The Lounger, which is the
first of their revolutionary magnetic €˜hover furniture range.

British design, precision engineered and British built by hand.

Defying gravity with the use of repelling magnetic forces in both the
bed and base this contemporary lounger is comfortable, practical
and stylish.

UNQUOTE

And best of all it is easily within the budget of any senior BBC
management staff.

QUOTE

PRICE

Were extending the promotional €˜Show price / offer of £5,875 GBP
for a limited period only €“ so hurry and order now.

Usual price £7,500 GBP.

Well also include a free anti-scratch mat (normally £225).

Delivery is an additional charge €“ call for details.

UNQUOTE
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
The other thing is if you smile and say hello to total strangers when
walking alone you'll likely be treated with suspicion.

Only in London.

With a dog, it's the norm.

I find that in London it's the norm to walk past any dog owner, taking
care to avoid eye contact. This is because the overwhelming majority of
urban dogs are fighting breeds.

Think you need to get out more in London. Same as expecting a good cheap
cup of coffee bang in the centre.

--
*Cleaned by Stevie Wonder, checked by David Blunkett*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Thackery wrote:
So the obvious answer is to install levitating furniture that
will rise when the robotic vacuum cleaner needs to suck up the
various particles which have accumulated around the base of
the item of furniture.

In fact that's so obvious I wonder why you can't just go out and buy
levitating furniture now. It'd make it much easier to move around,
too.

Why not simply have a filtered air circulation system. That would cut down
on the dust to very small levels.

--
*Marriage changes passion - suddenly you're in bed with a relative*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Why not simply have a filtered air circulation system. That would cut down
on the dust to very small levels.

Probably not. Most of the dust is produced by us (it's bits of skin) so
unless you move the air fast enough to blow all the dust around to where
it can be filtered - which would probably be uncomfortable and noisy -
filtering won't help.

Andy
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, July 3rd, 2011 at 19:21:49h +0100, Andy Champ wrote:

so unless you move the air fast enough to blow all the dust
around to where it can be filtered

But are you programmed for perfect happiness?

http://www.youtube.COM/watch?v=dns4zUKfskg

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:
Why not simply have a filtered air circulation system. That would cut
down
on the dust to very small levels.

Probably not. Most of the dust is produced by us (it's bits of skin)

That's a falacy put about by vacuum cleaner firms. Most of the skin we
shed gets washed off so it goes down the drain.

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Max Demian wrote:
"Peter Duncanson" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:32:29 +0100, "Steve Thackery"
wrote:

"Rick" wrote in message ...

Somehow I don't think that even the most powerful vacuum cleaner
imaginable
would be much good in space :-)

That's OK, we'll just take some compressed air up with us, so it's
got something to suck on....

OK... let's get practical about this.

So far we have vacuum cleaners floating about in space. If one finds
an asteroid to suck on it will just attach itself without noticeable
affect to its path. Using a long piece of cable to tether a vacuum
cleaner to a suitable planet, or whatever, is a trifle impractical.
The solution is to attach a rocket to each vacuum cleaner to pull
the vac and attached asteroid in the required direction.

The rocket's exhaust gases will surround the cleaner where it is
touching the asteroid thereby giving it something to suck on.

All we need now is an asteroid, a vacuum cleaner and a rocket with
which to perform a proof-of-concept experiment.

Plea to doubters: restrain yourselves until the research grant has
been obtained.

I've just invented a new kind of vacuum cleaner that uses no energy.
Just attach one end of a very long tube to a satellite in
geostationary orbit, with the other end dangling down to Earth.
There's a stopper in the bottom end which you remove to suck up all
the dust into space.
If space elevators [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_elevator ]
work, why not this?

They do, they're called Tornados, only they don't usually quite reach Space

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and £5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

It's interesting, isn't it, how it seems to be impossible to make a
stable levitating platform just using magnets.

I keep trying to visualise various arrangements of magnetic poles which
ought to work, but of course have never succeeded.

I've owned two or three levitating toys in the past, but all of them
rely on a closed loop electromagnetic control system, rather than
passive magnets. Perhaps the most impressive was the one which relied
on the object spinning really fast like a top to produce gyroscopic
forces - it hovered higher than any of the others and didn't require
anything above it, so it really did seem to be in mid-air.

More recently I bought one which doesn't require the object to spin,
but the hovering height isn't very impressive.

The only hovering effect from passive magnetic fields I've seen is due
to the paramagnetic effect. You arrange an array of magnetic cubes in
a certain way, and then hover a tiny piece of diamagnetic material over
it. Again, though, the hovering distance is very small, and it
certainly wouldn't support a settee!

SteveT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
The other thing is if you smile and say hello to total strangers when
walking alone you'll likely be treated with suspicion.

Only in London.

With a dog, it's the norm.

I find that in London it's the norm to walk past any dog owner, taking
care to avoid eye contact. This is because the overwhelming majority of
urban dogs are fighting breeds.

Think you need to get out more in London. Same as expecting a good cheap
cup of coffee bang in the centre.

I think you need to get out of London then you can appreciate that the
place is sick.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote:

Andy Champ wrote:

Probably not. Most of the dust is produced by us (it's bits of skin)

That's a falacy put about by vacuum cleaner firms. Most of the skin we
shed gets washed off so it goes down the drain.

I can't agree with this. London Transport have a lot of problems
with dirt and dust in their tunnels. Scientific analysis shows
that this contains a significant proportion of skin, hair and
clothing fibres.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 14:00:29 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

PeterC wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 22:44:15 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

"J G Miller" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 11:52:09 +0100, Albert Ross wrote:

About as useful as a Dalek on stairs
Talking of which, I am surprised nobody has mentioned the what
are surely useless, especially for stairs, robot vacuum cleaners,
now being sold in supermarkets, eg Samsung Navibot.
Useless as most of the hassle of vacuuming is the trouble to move furniture
and mats around.

Oh, is that supposed to be done?

Only by the anally retentive. Vacuuming where you can't see is the same
as using face bricks when you're going to render.

Bill

About 10 years ago I was chasing some information; the chap said that he'd
posted it to me. About 3 - 4 months later I found the envelope under the
vac. It had drifted there from the letter flap.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
I find that in London it's the norm to walk past any dog owner,
taking care to avoid eye contact. This is because the overwhelming
majority of urban dogs are fighting breeds.

Think you need to get out more in London. Same as expecting a good
cheap cup of coffee bang in the centre.

I think you need to get out of London then you can appreciate that the
place is sick.

Oh I do get about a bit. But can assure you in the parts of London I'm
most familiar with, the most common dogs ain't 'fighting breeds' I can
only assume you're familiar with some of the sink housing estates. And
fighting dogs will be common there the country over.

However, even a so called fighting breed can be a good pet. It's to do
with how it is treated from a puppy. Same as most animals including humans.

--
*Great groups from little icons grow *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris J Dixon wrote:
I can't agree with this. London Transport have a lot of problems
with dirt and dust in their tunnels. Scientific analysis shows
that this contains a significant proportion of skin, hair and
clothing fibres.

Is your house commonly packed full of people so tightly they can barely
move?

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

PeterC wrote:

About 10 years ago I was chasing some information; the chap said that he'd
posted it to me. About 3 - 4 months later I found the envelope under the
vac. It had drifted there from the letter flap.

Did you move the vac to dust behind it?

Incidentally, some years ago I was installing an aerial and working in
the backyard of the house, near the french windows. It started to snow
and the lady of the house thought my snow-laden appearance hilarious
enough to photograph, moving an easy chair to one side and opening the
french windows to do so. The snow turned into a blizzard so I dusted
myself down and stepped through into the house. Unfortunately I had
walked in some fresh dog **** that had been hidden under the snow, and
it got on the carpet in some considerable quantity. I offered to clean
it up but the lady said gaily, "Oh, I'll just put the chair back over
it. I'll mention it to the cleaner on Thursday."

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 03/07/2011 12:49, J G Miller wrote:
On Sunday, July 3rd, 2011 at 07:50:22h +0100, Peter C asked:

On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 22:44:15 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

Useless as most of the hassle of vacuuming is the trouble to move
furniture and mats around.

Oh, is that supposed to be done?

Yes.

So the obvious answer is to install levitating furniture that
will rise when the robotic vacuum cleaner needs to suck up the
various particles which have accumulated around the base of
the item of furniture.

Nah, fit the robot with four small hydraulic jacks and hoses and it can
place one near each corner and jack the furniture up!

SteveW

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 18:17:27 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Nah, fit the robot with four small hydraulic jacks and hoses and it can
place one near each corner and jack the furniture up!

A good alternative suggestion. Of course the software will need to
be calibrated to check that nobobdy is sitting on the chesterfield
at the time!
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

J G Miller wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 18:17:27 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Nah, fit the robot with four small hydraulic jacks and hoses and it can
place one near each corner and jack the furniture up!

A good alternative suggestion. Of course the software will need to
be calibrated to check that nobobdy is sitting on the chesterfield
at the time!

Why?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

S Viemeister wrote:
On 6/24/2011 2:28 PM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
wrote:
Dyson's are grossly overrated, they're called "die soons" in the
trade, Dyson only make a limited range of vacs with built-in
obsolesence, and other 'fashionable' products.

Some 20 years ago I needed a new upright vacuum, and bought the
Which best buy. I've found Which ok for things I'm not really
interested in. ;-) That was a Panasonic. My next door neighbour raved
about Dyson.
She's on her fourth since I bought the Panasonic.

I bought my first Dyson in 1998, on the recommendation of a number of
relatives. Theirs, and mine, are still going strong. Perhaps we were
all just lucky?

But does it actually suck worth a dam?

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and £5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/2011 19:30, J G Miller wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 18:17:27 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Nah, fit the robot with four small hydraulic jacks and hoses and it can
place one near each corner and jack the furniture up!

A good alternative suggestion. Of course the software will need to
be calibrated to check that nobobdy is sitting on the chesterfield
at the time!

I'd be far more worried that it'd try to jack up someone who stood still
for too long or a sleeping cat!

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Oh I do get about a bit. But can assure you in the parts of London I'm
most familiar with, the most common dogs ain't 'fighting breeds' I can
only assume you're familiar with some of the sink housing estates. And
fighting dogs will be common there the country over.

Is Isleworth a sink housing estate? That area seemed to be rife with
them. I spent quite a bit of time around Syon Park and despite having
lovely rover views, some very nice pubs and restaurants I loathed the
place because of the aggressive *******s and their dogs on the street.
Apparently it is a very popular area with folk in the "meeja" or was,
most of them seemed to be BBC staff with a need to be close(ish) to
Shepherd's Minge.

However, even a so called fighting breed can be a good pet. It's to do
with how it is treated from a puppy. Same as most animals including humans.

Well the ones I see on the street or in the Royal Parks seem to be
trained to lock their jaws and to hang on until something is dead.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 03/07/2011 19:44, J G Miller wrote:

But are you programmed for perfect happiness?

http://www.youtube.COM/watch?v=dns4zUKfskg

Apparently not. My hair (what's left of it!) is far too long.

Andy
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Steve Terry wrote:

But does it actually suck worth a dam?

My friends have the DC01 I sold them years ago (which I bought when
they first came out). It always sucked pretty well, and of course it's
just the same now as it always was.

I've never heard of Dysons being unreliable or short-lived; the biggest
complaint is that they are bloody heavy and awkward to carry about, and
too bleedin' noisy. My DC01 was so bad I used to wear ear defenders
when doing the vacuuming.

There's another shortcoming of the bagless system - it's hazardous
emptying the canister into your dustbin on a windy day because you are
almost bound to end up with a faceful of dust.

Personally I've gone back to a bagged Hoover. OK, so the bags cost a
quid each, but I get a few round-the-house-cleans for that, so I don't
care.

SteveT

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Monday, July 4th, 2011 at 19:50:08h +0100, John Williamson asked:

Why?

The person sitting on the chesterfield may have an aversion to heights

You would not want them to have a heart attack would you?
(Think of the legal battles that would ensue.)

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

J G Miller wrote:
On Monday, July 4th, 2011 at 19:50:08h +0100, John Williamson asked:

Why?

The person sitting on the chesterfield may have an aversion to heights

A good point. :-)

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 18:30:45 +0000 (UTC), J G Miller
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 18:17:27 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Nah, fit the robot with four small hydraulic jacks and hoses and it can
place one near each corner and jack the furniture up!

A good alternative suggestion. Of course the software will need to
be calibrated to check that nobobdy is sitting on the chesterfield
at the time!

A couple are enjoying some horizontal fun on a sofa -

Her: "Ooh, The Earth just moved!"

Him: "Errr. That was just the robot lifting the sofa to clean the
floor."

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater writes:

Oh really? I've had my DC01 since 1998 or so.

There appears to be a pattern he people with DC01s (me included) are
perfectly happy. ;-) I've not heard anyone speak up for the later models
yet, so perhaps the quality dropped with the newer designs...

--
Adam Sampson http://offog.org/
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

In article , Adam Sampson wrote:
Oh really? I've had my DC01 since 1998 or so.

There appears to be a pattern he people with DC01s (me included) are
perfectly happy. ;-) I've not heard anyone speak up for the later models
yet, so perhaps the quality dropped with the newer designs...

My DC11 is working just fine after several years thank you.

Rod.
--
Virtual Access V6.3 free usenet/email software from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtual-access/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
Is Isleworth a sink housing estate?

It's not 'London' as you seem to suggest. Just one part of it I'm not very
familiar with.

That area seemed to be rife with
them. I spent quite a bit of time around Syon Park and despite having
lovely rover views, some very nice pubs and restaurants I loathed the
place because of the aggressive *******s and their dogs on the street.
Apparently it is a very popular area with folk in the "meeja" or was,
most of them seemed to be BBC staff with a need to be close(ish) to
Shepherd's Minge.

Seems a strange combination - meja luvvies and fighting dogs.

When I worked for the BEEB many years ago the most popular close place to
live was Ealing.

My usual dog walking places in order of most used are Wandsworth Common,
Tooting Common, Wimbledon Common and Richmond Park. But those who like
'fighting dogs' don't seem to enjoy walking them but prefer just parading
them on their patch.

--
*If God dropped acid, would he see people?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 10:00:25 +0100, Roderick Stewart wrote:

There appears to be a pattern he people with DC01s (me

included) are
perfectly happy. ;-) I've not heard anyone speak up for the later
models yet, so perhaps the quality dropped with the newer

designs...

My DC11 is working just fine after several years thank you.

DC04 around 10 years old and one Dyson £65 service. Nor problems.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
There appears to be a pattern he people with DC01s (me

included) are
perfectly happy. ;-) I've not heard anyone speak up for the later
models yet, so perhaps the quality dropped with the newer

designs...

My DC11 is working just fine after several years thank you.

DC04 around 10 years old and one Dyson £65 service. Nor problems.

Just discovered this, which may be of some interest-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...acuum-cleaner-
collector-lands-dream-job--customer-adviser-DYSON.html

Rod.
--
Virtual Access V6.3 free usenet/email software from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtual-access/

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In article , Adam Sampson wrote:
Oh really? I've had my DC01 since 1998 or so.

There appears to be a pattern he people with DC01s (me included) are
perfectly happy. ;-) I've not heard anyone speak up for the later models
yet, so perhaps the quality dropped with the newer designs...

My DC11 is working just fine after several years thank you.

As is my DC08.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

"Dave Liquorice" writes:

My DC11 is working just fine after several years thank you.

DC04 around 10 years old and one Dyson £65 service. Nor problems.

Cool. When my DC01 finally dies (unlikely to be any time soon) I'll look
out for a newer one.

--
Adam Sampson http://offog.org/
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Adam Sampson writes:
Tim Streater writes:

Oh really? I've had my DC01 since 1998 or so.

There appears to be a pattern he people with DC01s (me included) are
perfectly happy. ;-) I've not heard anyone speak up for the later models
yet, so perhaps the quality dropped with the newer designs...

We have several across the family.

I bought a DC04 about 11 years ago. It's only been used for building
work. It wasn't bought for that, but it turned out to be so much more
effective than a Henry for sucking up plaster/brick dust without blocking
or blowing it out the outlet, that it got dedicated for that purpose.
Still working fine.

Because the DC04 had been repurposed, a DC07 was bought for cleaning
the house. That too is still working fine. Various relatives got to
try it and found it so much better than their bagged cleaners, that
there are now 3 DC07s across the extended family, all still working
fine.

Dysons are expensive. I have never paid more than half price, by
keeping an eye out for offers when I was looking for them.
They're heavy, so unsuitable for an elderly person to be carrying
up/down stairs.
They're fragile, so don't drop them down the stairs and expect them
to still work.
The high suction and wide hose (on later models) means there's a
lot of air pressure force contracting the hose when operating, and
that can be a problem for a frail person.
No bag doesn't mean it doesn't need emptying! If you overfill the
dust canister, there's no cyclone anymore, and you will need to
rinse/dry the filter. It's all too quick and easy to overfill when
it's trapping everything down to 50 microns.

However, if you understand these points, it will clean brilliantly.
The ultimate punishment is consuming the full flow dust output from
a wall chaser, and the DC04 is the only thing I've found which can
do that without either clogging within seconds, or chucking dust
out of the back end of the cleaner.

Something I have noticed across the DC01 - DC04 - DC07 - each new
model is very significantly better than the previous one, both in
performance, and in ease of use. This is at a time when other
manufacturers seem to have run out of ideas, other than following
Dyson 25 years behind when his patents expire. I haven't tried the
later Dysons (DC14 was next, but I think he's in to the 20's now).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/2011 22:35, Adam Sampson wrote:
There appears to be a pattern he people with DC01s (me included) are
perfectly happy.;-) I've not heard anyone speak up for the later models
yet, so perhaps the quality dropped with the newer designs...

We have a DC03. Small sized upright. It's had the cable fail that's
already been mentioned, and I've had to replace a couple of the belts.

15 years old.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

That area seemed to be rife with
them. I spent quite a bit of time around Syon Park and despite having
lovely rover views, some very nice pubs and restaurants I loathed the
place because of the aggressive *******s and their dogs on the street.
Apparently it is a very popular area with folk in the "meeja" or was,
most of them seemed to be BBC staff with a need to be close(ish) to
Shepherd's Minge.

Seems a strange combination - meja luvvies and fighting dogs.

I don't think it's the luvvies that have the dogs. The luvvies live in
the gated developments along the river. The thugs with dogs prowl the
streets.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 22:17:29 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

When I was testing some big speakers and Spook jumped vertically up off
the beanbag and had diarrhoea in mid air.

ROTFL

I've always tended to be a collector of other people's cats.

At one stage I had a double bed with a set of huge cushions arranged
around it to turn it into a couch.

At one time something had caused one of the cushions to fall down the
gap between bed and wall with only the top corner showing.

Cat #3 jumped up onto the bed, spotted the moved cushion and kind of
froze in midair, hanging from the corner of the bed at an impossible
cartoon-like angle with all its hair erect, before descending to the
floor and begging to be let out.

Cat #2 was terrified of the vacuum cleaner hose but couldn't back away
from it. Maybe she thought it was a snake.

Cat #1 was much more laid back, to the extent of drooling while being
petted. Once she rubbed up against the gas fire and stuck her tail
into the flames, then stood there with an aghast expression as it
caught on fire. I had to pull it out and extinguish it for her.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 10:06:28 +0100, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
On 02/07/2011 22:17, Bill Wright wrote:

Snip excellent tails:-)

I think I’ll get a dog.

There is a book in there Bill!

Don't get a dog.

They have even bigger routine Vets bills than cats. They need emptying
twice a day. This may seem to be an advantage over cats who take care of
their own toiletries but actually involves carting a plastic bag
containing brown lozenges of consistency determined by diet for 90% of
your walk. Dog poo bins are never where you need them and, as we all
know, dogs will not **** on their own doorsteps.

NEVER shake hands with a dog walker
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
On 02/07/2011 22:17, Bill Wright wrote:

Snip excellent tails:-)
I think Ill get a dog.
There is a book in there Bill!

Don't get a dog.

They have even bigger routine Vets bills than cats. They need emptying
twice a day. This may seem to be an advantage over cats who take care of
their own toiletries but actually involves carting a plastic bag
containing brown lozenges of consistency determined by diet for 90% of
your walk. Dog poo bins are never where you need them and, as we all
know, dogs will not **** on their own doorsteps.

NEVER shake hands with a dog walker

OTOH our dog only needs emptying once a day, and since he is always on
agricultural land, the poo stays right where he dumps it, with the
landowners blessing 'good fertiliser'

Don't have a small dog with a small bladder in a town, basically.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

wrote:
In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
On 02/07/2011 22:17, Bill Wright wrote:

Snip excellent tails:-)

I think I’ll get a dog.

There is a book in there Bill!

Don't get a dog.

They have even bigger routine Vets bills than cats. They need emptying
twice a day. This may seem to be an advantage over cats who take care of
their own toiletries but actually involves carting a plastic bag
containing brown lozenges of consistency determined by diet for 90% of
your walk. Dog poo bins are never where you need them and, as we all
know, dogs will not **** on their own doorsteps.

rant
why not just bag it and leave it by the side of the path? or better
hang the bag of sh1t from a handy branch?
shows you've "cared"?
After all someone who "doesn't mind" will be along soon to tidy it up
won't they?
Probly the "jolly" local farmer who will be out n about anyway,
clearing up another load of dumped scrap tyres or surplus "house
clearance" items that some "well meaning" pikey kindly tipped in his
gateway late last night - cos the local "militia" won;t let him in to
the (publicly funded) tip in his pikemobile tipper....etc
/rant

yes folks it's summer again, & yes they're all at it again

joy bliss and rapture

Jim K

Where to buy spares for Numatic vacuums NoSpam UK diy 5 September 7th 12 07:33 PM
The next ten days Steve B[_3_] Metalworking 5 January 6th 10 05:27 AM
OT-143 days RB[_2_] Metalworking 1 June 27th 08 10:57 PM
Win XP goes off after 30 days [email protected] Electronics Repair 33 March 5th 08 01:30 AM
Vacuum Cleaner Needed - Numatic? Paul Hutchings UK diy 39 January 15th 07 07:08 PM