Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default Diesoon v. Numatic Those were the days!

PeterC wrote:

About 10 years ago I was chasing some information; the chap said that he'd
posted it to me. About 3 - 4 months later I found the envelope under the
vac. It had drifted there from the letter flap.

Did you move the vac to dust behind it?

Incidentally, some years ago I was installing an aerial and working in
the backyard of the house, near the french windows. It started to snow
and the lady of the house thought my snow-laden appearance hilarious
enough to photograph, moving an easy chair to one side and opening the
french windows to do so. The snow turned into a blizzard so I dusted
myself down and stepped through into the house. Unfortunately I had
walked in some fresh dog **** that had been hidden under the snow, and
it got on the carpet in some considerable quantity. I offered to clean
it up but the lady said gaily, "Oh, I'll just put the chair back over
it. I'll mention it to the cleaner on Thursday."

Bill