Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Enthusiasts/DIY Disasters Couples- New Primetime Saturday NightComedy Show

Hello guys,

Don't wanna take up too much space, but thought I'd let you know about
a new primetime ITV Saturday night comedy show that I'm working on
that needs couples to take part, and at the moment I'm looking for
couples who have small minor tiffs or disagreements about DIY. It can
be about anything, such as one partner who secretly makes DIY
adjustments without telling the other, or they think they are much
better than they actually are, or even people that want to make
extreme changes to their home that the partner doesn't agree with.

It doesn’t matter how small or ridiculous the issue may be – it could
be an annoying habit, a strange hobby, or something silly that they
just always argue about.

Our celebrity comedy panel will watch each couple in action, listen to
both sides of the story, and then ultimately decide who they think is
right, and who is wrong. This is the chance for partners to finally
get your own way on an issue that’s been driving them mad!

We filmed a pilot of this show earlier in the year, and our comedians
included Jack Dee, Jo Brand and Sarah Millican.

If you think this is you, or could be a couple you know please pass
along the details and get them to get in contact with us. It would be
a really fun experience and we would cover travel fees for anyone
involved as well as compensation for their time.

Feel free to contact me on if you'd like
any more information or an application form. Or give us a call on our
hotline on 0333 577 7772.

Thanks!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TVCouplesShow" wrote in message
[...]

"I'm a DIYer, get her out of here"?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 14d02863-8f4b-4851-883c-6621dcfb8a29
@p16g2000vbi.googlegroups.com, says...
Our celebrity comedy panel

Oh god, not another one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...
"I'm a DIYer, get her out of here"?

"I'm heartily sick of crap telly, but sadly Radio 4 is going the same
way."?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 12:41:45 +0100, Skipweasel wrote:

In article 14d02863-8f4b-4851-883c-6621dcfb8a29
@p16g2000vbi.googlegroups.com, says...
Our celebrity comedy panel

Oh god, not another one.

Yup, trying to milk the public for cheap TV. In return for humiliation.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TVCouplesShow wrote:
Hello guys,

Don't wanna take up too much space, but thought I'd let you know about
a new primetime ITV Saturday night comedy show that I'm working on
that needs couples to take part, and at the moment I'm looking for
couples who have small minor tiffs or disagreements about DIY.

God no. Please, no more crap telly.

Are you really so bereft of fresh ideas that this is the best you can come
up with? Have you considered a "Watching paint dry" program? Or how about
a program about clueless program makers who can't come up with a single
original thought and who all get the sack? It could be a fly-on-the-wall
sort of documentary of the misery of their lives.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Or how about
a program about clueless program makers who can't come up with a single
original thought and who all get the sack?

Never has an issue come up on this forum that is more suited to being
solved by the forceful application of an angle grinder.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 6, 2:12*pm, "Tim Downie" wrote:
TVCouplesShow wrote:
Hello guys,

Don't wanna take up too much space, but thought I'd let you know about
a new primetime ITV Saturday night comedy show that I'm working on
that needs couples to take part, and at the moment I'm looking for
couples who have small minor tiffs or disagreements about DIY.

God no. *Please, no more crap telly.

Are you really so bereft of fresh ideas that this is the best you can come
up with? *Have you considered a "Watching paint dry" program? *Or how about
a program about clueless program makers who can't come up with a single
original thought and who all get the sack? *It could be a fly-on-the-wall
sort of documentary of the misery of their lives.

Tim

Just to be clear the programme will feature a variety of different
couples with funny and amusing stories to tell about their
relationships, I am just looking for any interesting DIY stories out
there that couples may have, and thought this would be an interesting
forum to find them. It is not our intention to humilate anyone, but
simply have fun with the couples and the comedy guests.

If it doesn't sound like your thing than fair enough, but we think it
would be great fun to take part in, and any couples will be
compensated for their time.

Dan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
TVCouplesShow wrote:
Our celebrity comedy panel will watch each couple in action, listen to
both sides of the story, and then ultimately decide who they think is
right, and who is wrong. This is the chance for partners to finally
get your own way on an issue that’s been driving them mad!

We filmed a pilot of this show earlier in the year, and our comedians
included Jack Dee, Jo Brand and Sarah Millican.

What are their qualifications to judge DIY? Or is it just another taking
the **** show?

--
*Upon the advice of my attorney, my shirt bears no message at this time

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
TVCouplesShow wrote:
and any couples will be
compensated for their time.

Do you also 'just compensate' the panel 'for their time'?

--
*There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 6, 2:50*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
* *TVCouplesShow wrote:

and any couples will be
compensated for their time.

Do you also 'just compensate' the panel 'for their time'?

--
*There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works *

* * Dave Plowman * * * * * * * * London SW
* * * * * * * * * To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Hi Dave,

The focus of the show is ont he couples, and the small funny tiffs
they may have about a variety of topics, not just DIY. The comedy
panel will be offering their views on whatever the topic maybe and
having a laugh with the couple about these small obsessions, hobbies
or quirks.

We will provide travel, accomodation and money for the time used for
each member of any couple we use.

Dan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article
,
TVCouplesShow wrote:
Our celebrity comedy panel will watch each couple in action, listen to
both sides of the story, and then ultimately decide who they think is
right, and who is wrong. This is the chance for partners to finally
get your own way on an issue that's been driving them mad!

We filmed a pilot of this show earlier in the year, and our comedians
included Jack Dee, Jo Brand and Sarah Millican.

What are their qualifications to judge DIY? Or is it just another taking
the **** show?

More to the point who are they and why are they celebrities?
I'm sure Tommy Walsh would be funnier and knows a bit about DIY.
The whole thing stinks, are they going the reconstruct the funny bits or is
it just people telling stories?
Sounds like fourth rate TV so its probably CHB.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 6, 3:02*pm, "dennis@home" wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in ...

In article
,
* TVCouplesShow wrote:
Our celebrity comedy panel will watch each couple in action, listen to
both sides of the story, and then ultimately decide who they think is
right, and who is wrong. This is the chance for partners to finally
get your own way on an issue that's been driving them mad!

We filmed a pilot of this show earlier in the year, and our comedians
included Jack Dee, Jo Brand and Sarah Millican.

What are their qualifications to judge DIY? Or is it just another taking
the **** show?

More to the point who are they and why are they celebrities?
I'm sure Tommy Walsh would be funnier and knows a bit about DIY.
The whole thing stinks, are *they going the reconstruct the funny bits or is
it just people telling stories?
Sounds like fourth rate TV so its probably CHB.

Its a range of coemdians as the show is not just about DIY, its about
a whole range of subjects and interests, but at the moment I am just
investigating DIY stories to see if there are any interesting tales to
tell.

We have a panel of comedians to add light to the couples stories and
relationships, as its a very light-hearted comedy show for Saturday
night TV.

Dan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 06:26:14 -0700, wrote:
Never has an issue come up on this forum that is more suited to being
solved by the forceful application of an angle grinder.

Good point! Plus afterwards you get to use its second-in-command, the
pressure washer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 14:12:40 +0100, Tim Downie wrote:

TVCouplesShow wrote:
Hello guys,

Don't wanna take up too much space, but thought I'd let you know about
a new primetime ITV Saturday night comedy show that I'm working on that
needs couples to take part, and at the moment I'm looking for couples
who have small minor tiffs or disagreements about DIY.

God no. Please, no more crap telly.

Are you really so bereft of fresh ideas that this is the best you can
come up with? Have you considered a "Watching paint dry" program? Or
how about a program about clueless program makers who can't come up with
a single original thought and who all get the sack?

*******, you stole my idea! ;-) Although I had envisioned "the sack" as
something with more comedic value, such as being hurled among a rampant
pack* of rabid monkeys via trebuchet. Naturally, this would require
filming in the jungle, because that's more "real life".

* what is the collective term for monkeys? Obviously, I've put as much
thought into my concept as the average reality TV show maker.

cheers

Jules

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 14:50:31 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article
,
TVCouplesShow wrote:
and any couples will be
compensated for their time.

Do you also 'just compensate' the panel 'for their time'?

Will you also compensate anyone who watches the programme for their
wasted time?
--
(\__/) M.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

* TVCouplesShow wrote:
[...]

Yo've got a bunch of people with a colelctively wide range and depth
of expertise here telling you they could do far better. Why not ask
them what they suggest instead, you might even get something of some
value. This is primarily a knowledgable sort of place, which hopefully
you'll ahve figured from the responses so far.

Do I have any ideas? Yes, one, but I expect it would go well outside
your remit & skill set. It would however be of far more value than
what you're doing now.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

* TVCouplesShow wrote:
[...]

NT- Hide quoted text -

I am simply looking for people who might want to take part, and up for
some fun on a light-hearted comedy show. If this doesn't interest you
then that's fair enough, if it does or you feel anyone else may want
to take part then feel free to pass on my details.

Thanks guys,

Dan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 5e9ba54a-b194-43cb-8a68-578111339a73@
32g2000vbe.googlegroups.com, says...
Never has an issue come up on this forum that is more suited to being
solved by the forceful application of an angle grinder.

And a can of foam.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 0f20c480-d682-4371-a2ac-479e9ffdda11
@c26g2000vbq.googlegroups.com, says...
We will provide travel, accomodation and money for the time used for
each member of any couple we use.

Yup - /use/ is about right.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
TVCouplesShow wrote:
I am simply looking for people who might want to take part, and up for
some fun on a light-hearted comedy show. If this doesn't interest you
then that's fair enough, if it does or you feel anyone else may want
to take part then feel free to pass on my details.

Think you might have realised this is a group about DIY. If you'd been
researching making a *decent* prog on DIY - rather than the more usual
disaster and smarmy fix type, you might have had a better reception.

--
*You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 6, 6:15*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
* *TVCouplesShow wrote:

I am simply looking for people who might want to take part, and up for
some fun on a light-hearted comedy show. *If this doesn't interest you
then that's fair enough, if it does or you feel anyone else may want
to take part then feel free to pass on my details.

Think you might have realised this is a group about DIY. If you'd been
researching making a *decent* prog on DIY - rather than the more usual
disaster and smarmy fix type, you might have had a better reception.

Exactly, tv is overrun with this sort of junk already. Grand designs,
Tommy walsh, and buy & fix programs demonstrate that there is an
audience for real diy. So many viewers are fed up with vapid junk.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember TVCouplesShow
saying something like:

We filmed a pilot of this show earlier in the year, and our comedians
included
Jack Dee,

Used to be funny.

Jo Brand

Dreadful auld bag.

and Sarah Millican.

Never heard of her - was she on the Wright Stuff about a year ago?

Honestly, if that's the standard to expect, it sounds like a dreadful
yet-another-diy-disaster-show.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Skipweasel
saying something like:

More Ray Mears, less Brer Grills.

Whatever happened to Bush Tucker Man?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...
Whatever happened to Bush Tucker Man?

Mmmbpf. Sorry. Pass the ketchup.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Skipweasel" wrote in message
In article 94a5cef8-1b6b-44d2-a580-79cb065100b3
@hg8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com, says...
Exactly, tv is overrun with this sort of junk already. Grand designs,
Tommy walsh, and buy & fix programs demonstrate that there is an
audience for real diy. So many viewers are fed up with vapid junk.

If we really have to have a panel of comedians, why not watch them
attempting DIY? Or pluck people at random from the street and ask them
to put up a shelf (bit of a cliché, that one) or change a plug, or hang
a door, or take apart some bit of electrical equipment not designed to
be repaired and repair it.

Bring back anything that involves real people actually thinking. And I
don't mean programmes where it's been set up in advance to make it
"entertaining" like Scrap Heap Challenge. Nor do I mean programmes where
the original idea gets swamped by media luvvies who want to make it
"more exciting" like Robot Wars. The rules in that are so skewed that I
threw away the plans I had for a rather nice entry - you're not allowed
to damage the house robots, for example, but they're allowed to trash
you.

Bring back almost anything that involved thinking instead of jerks
jiggling their egos in front of me.

More Ray Mears, less Brer Grills.
More Great Egg Race, less Robot Wars.
More real, less "reality".

Couldn't have put it better myself

(ex Great Egg Racer)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/great_egg_race/10802.shtml

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TVCouplesShow wrote:
and any couples will be
compensated for their time.

Do you also 'just compensate' the panel 'for their time'?

--
*There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Ha! That one went right over his head, Dave ... :-)

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TVCouplesShow wrote:
[...]

Tribe of Monkeys ? Troop of Monkeys ? (Troupe ??)

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

* *TVCouplesShow wrote:

I am simply looking for people who might want to take part, and up for
some fun on a light-hearted comedy show. *If this doesn't interest you
then that's fair enough, if it does or you feel anyone else may want
to take part then feel free to pass on my details.

Think you might have realised this is a group about DIY. If you'd been
researching making a *decent* prog on DIY - rather than the more usual
disaster and smarmy fix type, you might have had a better reception.

Exactly, tv is overrun with this sort of junk already. Grand designs,
Tommy walsh, and buy & fix programs demonstrate that there is an
audience for real diy. So many viewers are fed up with vapid junk.

NT

I like the QI story about Joseph Bazalgette and the fact that a
descendent is still pumping **** as a programme maker.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 6, 8:33*pm, Skipweasel wrote:

More Ray Mears, less Brer Grills.

Where does a rabbit on BBQ come into it?

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I vaguely remember a TV programme where professionals watched
reality-ish DIY programmes and commented on where everybody
was going wrong. The only bit I remember was something along
the lines of: no! take the socket off /before/ you tile the
wall! or summat.

Probably never got past the pilot because it was too sensible.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 22:31:22 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:
Visions of Drivel getting plucked from random and asked to install some
plastic pipe.....

The thought of anyone plucking Drivel has just put me right off my
breakfast.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 20:33:25 +0100, Skipweasel wrote:
or take apart some bit of electrical equipment not designed to
be repaired and repair it.

Such as a TV? Whilst it's plugged in? Extra points for use of tongue.

(Someone made a great point the other day about things that carry "no
user-servicable parts" warnings: once it's broken, you can't use it and
therefore can't be a user, so the warning labels are irrelevant)

Nor do I mean programmes where
the original idea gets swamped by media luvvies who want to make it
"more exciting" like Robot Wars. The rules in that are so skewed that I
threw away the plans I had for a rather nice entry - you're not allowed
to damage the house robots, for example, but they're allowed to trash
you.

Yes, been there myself... the rules were so specific that it prevented
many of the things that would have made it far more interesting as a
science/technology show.

More Ray Mears, less Brer Grills.

My wife flies into fits of rage whenever she sees Bear on TV :-) Sadly
they don't show Ray this side of the Pond - I remember him being very
good. There's some Canadian (I think) guy who's quite reasonable - name
eludes me right now. His ego's a little large, but he does convey useful
info - unlike Bear, who seems to be entirely "hey, look at me!"

More Great Egg Race, less Robot Wars. More real, less "reality".

Sadly there seems to be a belief amongst most programme makers that you
can't be entertained by TV while using your brain at the same time.

cheers

Jules
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jules Richardson" wrote in message

Sadly there seems to be a belief amongst most programme makers that you
can't be entertained by TV while using your brain at the same time.

That's because of the low education standards of the programme makers.. they
now think everyone else is dumb too.
The lowering of education standards affect everyone in ways that weren't
dreamt of when they decided everyone could(should) pass A levels.