Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - callers at door.

I know this isn't DIY. Does anyone know how to deal with hawkers and such
who come to the door? I have had this three times in the last six months.
Each time these people claim they do not speak English (one occasion
claimed to be deaf!) and are toting wares ( dusters and towels) or pictures
of various kinds they want to sell me.

It scares me. I usually do not answer the door. I cannot afford to buy the
things anyway but if I get caught I am stuck. How do you deal with this?

I don't want to sound prejudiced but I noticed this when I first moved to
my house 12 years ago. Then these people disappeared and now, since the new
recession they have returned. I just don't like it. My husband must be
equally afraid because he dealt with yesterdays caller and just gave home a
fiver to go away!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart wrote:
I know this isn't DIY. Does anyone know how to deal with hawkers and
such who come to the door? I have had this three times in the last six
months. Each time these people claim they do not speak English (one
occasion claimed to be deaf!) and are toting wares ( dusters and towels)
or pictures of various kinds they want to sell me.

It scares me. I usually do not answer the door. I cannot afford to buy
the things anyway but if I get caught I am stuck. How do you deal with
this?

I don't want to sound prejudiced but I noticed this when I first moved
to my house 12 years ago. Then these people disappeared and now, since
the new recession they have returned. I just don't like it. My husband
must be equally afraid because he dealt with yesterdays caller and just
gave home a fiver to go away!

take their picture with a camera, answer the door naked, and ask them if
they have received Jesus into their hearts.

Works every time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote in message
I know this isn't DIY. Does anyone know how to deal with hawkers and such
who come to the door? I have had this three times in the last six months.
Each time these people claim they do not speak English (one occasion
claimed to be deaf!) and are toting wares ( dusters and towels) or pictures
of various kinds they want to sell me.

It scares me. I usually do not answer the door. I cannot afford to buy the
things anyway but if I get caught I am stuck. How do you deal with this?

I don't want to sound prejudiced but I noticed this when I first moved to
my house 12 years ago. Then these people disappeared and now, since the
new recession they have returned. I just don't like it. My husband must
be equally afraid because he dealt with yesterdays caller and just gave
home a fiver to go away!

I have several signs up in my window.

The first says "No sales reps, hawkers or bible bashers, thank you"

The other signs specifically relate to the TVLA, Stagecoach drivers and
political canvassers and tells them in no uncertain terms that they are not
allowed on my property.

I seldom get people knocking on my door that I do not want to knock on my
door.

Maybe you would find a door chain helpful. If you get an unwanted caller
than they cannot open the door and you can just shut it in their face. Any
foreigner or deaf person will understand that.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , sweetheart
hotmail.com@?.? writes
I know this isn't DIY. Does anyone know how to deal with hawkers and such
who come to the door? I have had this three times in the last six months.
Each time these people claim they do not speak English (one occasion
claimed to be deaf!) and are toting wares ( dusters and towels) or pictures
of various kinds they want to sell me.

It scares me. I usually do not answer the door. I cannot afford to buy the
things anyway but if I get caught I am stuck. How do you deal with this?

I don't want to sound prejudiced but I noticed this when I first moved to
my house 12 years ago. Then these people disappeared and now, since the new
recession they have returned. I just don't like it. My husband must be
equally afraid because he dealt with yesterdays caller and just gave home a
fiver to go away!

Open door.

spiel starts (or doesn't)

2 secs into spiel, smile, say, "no thank you" and close the door.

Do not interact with them in any way and particularly do not respond if
they attempt to bait you. If they do then, smile, say, "goodbye" and
close the door.

There are ruder versions of this but I find the polite version more
satisfying in the long run.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2010 16:47, sweetheart wrote:
I know this isn't DIY. Does anyone know how to deal with hawkers and
such who come to the door? I have had this three times in the last six
months. Each time these people claim they do not speak English (one
occasion claimed to be deaf!) and are toting wares ( dusters and towels)
or pictures of various kinds they want to sell me.

It scares me. I usually do not answer the door. I cannot afford to buy
the things anyway but if I get caught I am stuck. How do you deal with
this?

I don't want to sound prejudiced but I noticed this when I first moved
to my house 12 years ago. Then these people disappeared and now, since
the new recession they have returned. I just don't like it. My husband
must be equally afraid because he dealt with yesterdays caller and just
gave home a fiver to go away!

Giving someone like that a fiver was not a clever idea. Either he or his
mates will be back for more now. I'm afraid in the circumstances you
just have to be firm and decisive. Just say "I'm not interested" and
close the door. Even if they keep talking just ignore them and close
that door. If they knock again after doing that just shout through the
closed door "F. off", they soon get the idea. The fiver to go away was a
really bad thing to do - you can expect more of them now.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth
wibbled on Tuesday 20 April 2010 16:05

Stagecoach drivers

???

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:47:54 +0100, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:

It scares me. I usually do not answer the door. I cannot afford to buy the
things anyway but if I get caught I am stuck. How do you deal with this?

Agree with the others. Open door, say 'Not interested thankyou', close door.
Any hint of intimidation, contact the local police team.

http://www.local.direct.gov.uk/LDGRe...=neighbourhood

Andy C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Cap" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:47:54 +0100, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:

It scares me. I usually do not answer the door. I cannot afford to buy the
things anyway but if I get caught I am stuck. How do you deal with this?

Agree with the others. Open door, say 'Not interested thankyou', close
door.
Any hint of intimidation, contact the local police team.

http://www.local.direct.gov.uk/LDGRe...=neighbourhood

Andy C

The neighbourhood police should be able to get you one of the official "we
do not buy from door to door salemen" stickers. I cannot remember the exact
wording.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

"Andy Cap" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:47:54 +0100, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:

It scares me. I usually do not answer the door. I cannot afford to buy
the
things anyway but if I get caught I am stuck. How do you deal with this?

Agree with the others. Open door, say 'Not interested thankyou', close
door.
Any hint of intimidation, contact the local police team.

http://www.local.direct.gov.uk/LDGRe...=neighbourhood

Andy C

The neighbourhood police should be able to get you one of the official "we
do not buy from door to door salemen" stickers. I cannot remember the
exact wording.

Adam

There's also a lot of nicely printed plaques on Ebay. Reminds me that I
meant to get one...

JW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
ARWadsworth
wibbled on Tuesday 20 April 2010 16:05

Stagecoach drivers

???

--
Tim Watts

Stagecoach run the local buses. I do not like to be woken up at 7am (first
bus of the day) by a driver asking me to move my van or car because he
cannot get a bus past when it someone else (usually a visitor to the street
who has no idea that buses use it, who has parked up after I have parked)
that has stopped the buses getting past.

I sent a nice polite letter to stagecoach explaining the situation. The
notice in the window is a "gentle" reminder to the drivers.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 20, 4:12*pm, David in Normandy
wrote:
[...]

My father used to feel sorry for these chaps and by the time he died
he had cupboards full of cleaning cloths and pan scrubbers. Maybe it
was the decent thing to do. helping someone up when they are down is
a good thing. Better this than that they are forced t oa life of
crime.

But, we had them call in our street recently and there were several of
them. As they walked away from the area the were discussing the
'rating' they were going to give the street, presumably to advise
those doing the next trip.

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Apr, 15:47, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:
I know this isn't DIY. * Does anyone know how to deal with hawkers and such
who come to the door?

Speak to your local police crime prevention officer. My road has been
designated a 'no cold calling zone' since an old man got ripped off
badly by some 'roofers' last year. The police have put orange signs at
each end of the road and it tends to discourage most of the nuisance
callers. Google for 'no cold calling zone', you'll find lots to read.
We have had a spate of chuggers recently who seem to think that it
doesn't apply to them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2010 16:05, ARWadsworth wrote:

The other signs specifically relate to the TVLA, Stagecoach drivers and
political canvassers and tells them in no uncertain terms that they are not
allowed on my property.

Do Stagecoach drivers do a lot of cold calling?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

In article , John
Whitworth wrote:

There's also a lot of nicely printed plaques on Ebay.
Reminds me that I meant to get one...

JW

Perhaps if you bought a job lot, you could sell them door-
to- door
John

--
John Mulrooney

Prepositions are not used to end sentences with
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Clive George" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/04/2010 16:05, ARWadsworth wrote:

The other signs specifically relate to the TVLA, Stagecoach drivers and
political canvassers and tells them in no uncertain terms that they are
not
allowed on my property.

Do Stagecoach drivers do a lot of cold calling?

They do not do any calling now I have the sign up.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

In article
,
David in Normandy wrote:
The fiver to go away was a
really bad thing to do - you can expect more of them now.

An aunt of mine who had moved to Spain, made the mistake of
giving some coins to a gypsy outside the church, she is
pestered by them all, all the time now

John

--
John Mulrooney

I bet being with gamblers anonymous will work this time
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
ARWadsworth
wibbled on Tuesday 20 April 2010 16:05

Stagecoach drivers

???

He lives int frozen north.

:-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2010 17:16, ARWadsworth wrote:
"Clive wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/04/2010 16:05, ARWadsworth wrote:

The other signs specifically relate to the TVLA, Stagecoach drivers and
political canvassers and tells them in no uncertain terms that they are
not
allowed on my property.

Do Stagecoach drivers do a lot of cold calling?

They do not do any calling now I have the sign up.

Someone sending dial-a-ride to your door?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:10:28 +0100, fred wrote:

In article , sweetheart
hotmail.com@?.? writes
[...]

That is also my technique. It seems to work.

I have a friend who engages them in conversation for as long as it
takes for them to give up on him and leave. He says they never come
back. but I lack the patience for this. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:22:42 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

The neighbourhood police should be able to get you one of the official "we
do not buy from door to door salemen" stickers. I cannot remember the exact
wording.

If the callers claim not to speak English, surely they would also
claim not to read it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bruce
wibbled on Tuesday 20 April 2010 17:42

[...]

I did that to a LibDem canvasser the other day - not with the intention of
making them run away mind...

He started with the usual spiel - I invited him in. Then launched into "so
if you scrap Trident what will you use instead?" Didn't know, but he did at
least email me back later with a reference to the manifesto pages.

Then I started on about Building regs and public surveillance and education.
Then he started running away

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The neighbourhood police should be able to get you one of the official "we
do not buy from door to door salemen" stickers. I cannot remember the
exact
wording.

If the callers claim not to speak English, surely they would also
claim not to read it?

In my original reply to the OP I did point out that shutting the door in the
face of an unwanted caller is understood by callers of all nationalities
(and deaf people). A nice polite "No Thanks" is of no use to to them.

Adam

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:55:01 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:
Bruce
wibbled on Tuesday 20 April 2010 17:42

I have a friend who engages them in conversation for as long as it
takes for them to give up on him and leave. He says they never come
back. but I lack the patience for this. ;-)

I did that to a LibDem canvasser the other day - not with the intention of
making them run away mind...

He started with the usual spiel - I invited him in. Then launched into "so
if you scrap Trident what will you use instead?" Didn't know, but he did at
least email me back later with a reference to the manifesto pages.

Then I started on about Building regs and public surveillance and education.
Then he started running away

Poor guy. My father used to do that with political canvassers,
Jehovah's Witnesses and, in particular, two earnest young Americans
from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons).

I don't think they had the faintest idea what they had let themselves
in for. He talked to them for over two hours and, from half an hour
in, they had been itching to escape. He was relentless. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:

2 secs into spiel, smile, say, "no thank you" and close the door.

Do not interact with them in any way and particularly do not
respond if they attempt to bait you. If they do then, smile, say,
"goodbye" and close the door.

That's the way to do it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart wrote:
I know this isn't DIY. Does anyone know how to deal with hawkers and
such who come to the door? I have had this three times in the last six
months. Each time these people claim they do not speak English (one
occasion claimed to be deaf!) and are toting wares ( dusters and towels)
or pictures of various kinds they want to sell me.

It scares me. I usually do not answer the door. I cannot afford to buy
the things anyway but if I get caught I am stuck. How do you deal with
this?

I don't want to sound prejudiced but I noticed this when I first moved
to my house 12 years ago. Then these people disappeared and now, since
the new recession they have returned. I just don't like it. My husband
must be equally afraid because he dealt with yesterdays caller and just
gave home a fiver to go away!

It's really very simple. You open the door, see some people you don't know, and
don't want to know (hawkers, religious nutters etc.), and you say "Not today,
thanks" and shut the door.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 21, 1:57 pm, Gib Bogle wrote:
sweetheart wrote:

It's really very simple. You open the door, see some people you don't know, and
don't want to know (hawkers, religious nutters etc.), and you say "Not today,
thanks" and shut the door.

So, they'll come back tomorrow!
Since I made a picket gate to match my fence, people can't find the
gate now.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart wrote:

It's really very simple. You open the door, see some people you don't know, and
don't want to know (hawkers, religious nutters etc.), and you say "Not today,
thanks" and shut the door.

So, they'll come back tomorrow!
Since I made a picket gate to match my fence, people can't find the
gate now.

:-) Actually I'm more likely to say "Not interested, sorry", or if I'm feeling
irritated I'll drop the "sorry". In the case of Jehovah's Witnesses and their
ilk I might add "We're atheists" just for kicks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
"Clive George" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/04/2010 16:05, ARWadsworth wrote:

The other signs specifically relate to the TVLA, Stagecoach drivers and
political canvassers and tells them in no uncertain terms that they are
not
allowed on my property.

Do Stagecoach drivers do a lot of cold calling?

They do not do any calling now I have the sign up.

Adam

I bet you're not troubled by elephants, either.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:53:56 -0700 (PDT), Matty F wrote:

It's really very simple. You open the door, see some people you don't
know, and don't want to know (hawkers, religious nutters etc.), and you
say "Not today, thanks" and shut the door.

So, they'll come back tomorrow!

B-)

They might, that's why I prefer the "Sorry, not interested close door"
method, note the "sorry" comes first. Remember this will be an interuption
to their speil, they will only "hear" the end of the interuption not the
begining so it's then end that is important.

I get the impression that the OP and her partner are of mature years and
will have been brought up to be be polite and show courtesy to everyone
(if you didn't you got a clip round the ear hole...). So being forceful
and rude by closing the door in someones face goes against that
upbringing. Unfortunately in this modern world it's the best solution,
unless you do have the gift of the gab and can talk about anything for
ever and bore them to death. A fruitless half hour on your doorstep will
be a good number of your neighbours that won't have been bothered...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
[...]

I'm of that ilk. It really is quite uncomfortable for me to be forceful -
which I think of as discourteous.

Unfortunately in this modern world it's the
best solution, unless you do have the gift of the gab and can talk
about anything for ever and bore them to death. A fruitless half hour
on your doorstep will be a good number of your neighbours that won't
have been bothered...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice :
I get the impression that the OP and her partner are of mature years and
will have been brought up to be be polite and show courtesy to everyone
(if you didn't you got a clip round the ear hole...). So being forceful
and rude by closing the door in someones face goes against that
upbringing.

I'm of mature years and had a similar upbringing. But I feel no need to
show respect to someone who doesn't show respect to me. If they don't
take no for an answer, they deserve to be left looking at a closed door.

Not that I get more than one cold caller every couple of years or so. Or
to be more accurate *two* cold callers - one at the front door, swiftly
followed by the same person at the back door (thinking, with some
justification, that it's the front door of another house).

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:56:48 +0100, "Clot"
wrote:

I'm of that ilk. It really is quite uncomfortable for me to be forceful -
which I think of as discourteous.

Unfortunately in this modern world it's the
best solution, unless you do have the gift of the gab and can talk
about anything for ever and bore them to death. A fruitless half hour
on your doorstep will be a good number of your neighbours that won't
have been bothered...

My parents used to answer their door. They were ripped off for £2500
for a baddly done guttering job that they had to pay someone else £800
to re-do.

The conmen came back for more work. Mum told them what-for.
If she'd had the physical ability I suspect violence might have been
involved.

I later found out that she'd been buying dusters and the usual rubbish
for years. She's stopped that now, thank God.

I don't answer the door until I've looked out the window.
If it's anyone important they'll try again.

Sis-in-law had one a while back.
Bloke knocked on door asked for water for car that was 'around the
corner'.
S-i-L noticed a car waiting nearby but didn't think anything of it.
Later that day a Taxi driver turned up asking her to pay the fare of
the so-and-so who'd said she would pay.
The bloke had made out he lived with S-i-L, hence why he'd knocked on
door!
(the fact he'd not used a key helped convince driver they'd both been
conned)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:53:56 -0700 (PDT), Matty F wrote:

It's really very simple. You open the door, see some people you don't
know, and don't want to know (hawkers, religious nutters etc.), and you
say "Not today, thanks" and shut the door.

So, they'll come back tomorrow!

B-)

They might, that's why I prefer the "Sorry, not interested close door"
method, note the "sorry" comes first. Remember this will be an interuption
to their speil, they will only "hear" the end of the interuption not the
begining so it's then end that is important.

The only flaw I can see in the 'not interested' bit is that if they are
sharp enough then they can counter with, 'how do you know you're not
interested until I tell you why I'm here'. That's not a problem for me
or thee but it might throw the unpracticed door closer. Never give them
an 'in'.

I also hate to lie to anyone so I never tell them I'm sorry ;-).

Mine is, "No thank you", close door.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gib Bogle" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:
"Clive George" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/04/2010 16:05, ARWadsworth wrote:

The other signs specifically relate to the TVLA, Stagecoach drivers and
political canvassers and tells them in no uncertain terms that they are
not
allowed on my property.
Do Stagecoach drivers do a lot of cold calling?

They do not do any calling now I have the sign up.

Adam

I bet you're not troubled by elephants, either.

No elephant trouble at all. Bunny boilers on the other hand....

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I remeber when I was a boy of about 12 or 13 we had a (male) Jehovahs
Witness at the door. I opened it and then called for my Dad. When Dad came
to the door the JW launched into his speech. Dad said "No thank you" and
shut the door. As the door was nearly closed the JW put his foot in it
preventing my Dad from fully closing it. The conversation went.......

Dad - "Do Jehovahs Witnesses believe in miricles?

JW - "Oh yes Sir the Lord Almighty can do many wonderous
things............"!

Dad - "Good, because if you don't move your f****ing foot you'll need one"!

Needless to say the foot was removed rapidy and we never saw JW's again.

Cheers

John

(RIP Dad)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Gib Bogle
writes
sweetheart wrote:

It's really very simple. You open the door, see some people you
don't know, and
don't want to know (hawkers, religious nutters etc.), and you say
"Not today,
thanks" and shut the door.

So, they'll come back tomorrow!
Since I made a picket gate to match my fence, people can't find the
gate now.

:-) Actually I'm more likely to say "Not interested, sorry", or if I'm
feeling irritated I'll drop the "sorry". In the case of Jehovah's
Witnesses and their ilk I might add "We're atheists" just for kicks.

Jehovas witnesses?

Invite them in and then lock the door

unsettles them that, especially when you then ask them questions that
you know they can't answer

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Clot
writes
Dave Liquorice wrote:
[...]

I'm the same, me

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart wrote:
I know this isn't DIY. Does anyone know how to deal with hawkers and
such who come to the door? I have had this three times in the last six
months. Each time these people claim they do not speak English (one
occasion claimed to be deaf!) and are toting wares ( dusters and towels)
or pictures of various kinds they want to sell me.

It scares me. I usually do not answer the door. I cannot afford to buy
the things anyway but if I get caught I am stuck. How do you deal with
this?

Send now for my DIY plans for a large lever, a trapdoor and an oubliette.

Colin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Apr, 17:42, Bruce wrote:
[...]

He's right, they never return
Was annoyed to be woken up this evening by what I thought (going by
the bright colours) was a BNP rep but turned out to be "British Red
Cross". Told him I'd zero interest in contributing to their asylum
seeker support services or any third world disasters. He ignored the
obvious signs of a smart-arse and had the bottle to stick it out.
Blood (notional therefore needed to be spilled, so I asked what
lump of my cash would end up feeding the starving and not buying
AK47's?. "100%" he confidently stated. I said that was a direct lie
and his ~20% commission proved it. A pregnant silence, then followed
25 minutes of my doorstep educating him on business charities, illegal
accountancy practices, and cutting up and rearranging money pies and
him educating me on commission based charity collection techniques and
the demographics of profitable houses.
We both gained a little but I had to finish it by saying Trading
Standards now had a good case to pursue BRC for blatant
'misrepresentation'.
It only works well if you're a bit of a sad *******, are prepared to
spare the time and hold strong opinions. Nowadays I'm down to about 1
charity, 1 energy company caller per year. If they're a bit thick then
it's usually a 'bugger off' type response.
(I can say though I do enjoy an honest, genuine, doorstep chat with
the religious nuts who turn up every two years.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 20, 3:47*pm, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:
I know this isn't DIY. * Does anyone know how to deal with hawkers and such
who come to the door? *I have had this three times in the last six months.
Each time these people claim they do not speak English *(one occasion
claimed to be deaf!) and are toting wares ( dusters and towels) or pictures
of various kinds they want to sell me.

It scares me. I usually do not answer the door. I cannot afford to buy the
things anyway but if I get caught I am stuck. *How do you deal with this?

I *don't want to sound prejudiced but I noticed this when I first moved to
my house 12 years ago. Then these people disappeared and now, since the new
recession they have returned. *I just don't like it. My husband must be
equally afraid because he dealt with yesterdays caller and just gave home a
fiver to go away!

If you think you need be polite, just remember these people are
parasites trying to take as much of your money as they can. And they
don't give a monkeys how much they pester you.

I find just closing the door without pause or comment is most
effective. Any communication whatever leaves them with a glimmer of
hope.

If you've got the time you can have fun with them though. Eg say to
the Jojos 'oh do come in' followed by the sort of laugh that will make
them wonder if you think you're the antichrist. Be sure to block the
doorway as you say this, and if they're dim enough to accept your
offer, reply 'oh goodie!' with plenty of evil laughter, wring your
hands etc. If they actually start to move in, jump back in the way,
finger out, too close for comfort, and say 'But... actually Marjorie
might get a bit funny about this, and I dont want the scene that
happened last time, oh god, please no. Do you do exorcisms?' Put it on
youtube.

Another thing some people try is to try and sell the salesperson
something, like a used microwave. Life's too short imho.

NT