Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default OT - callers at door.

In message , Clot
writes
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:53:56 -0700 (PDT), Matty F wrote:

It's really very simple. You open the door, see some people you
don't know, and don't want to know (hawkers, religious nutters
etc.), and you say "Not today, thanks" and shut the door.

So, they'll come back tomorrow!

B-)

They might, that's why I prefer the "Sorry, not interested close
door" method, note the "sorry" comes first. Remember this will be an
interuption to their speil, they will only "hear" the end of the
interuption not the begining so it's then end that is important.

I get the impression that the OP and her partner are of mature years
and will have been brought up to be be polite and show courtesy to
everyone (if you didn't you got a clip round the ear hole...). So
being forceful and rude by closing the door in someones face goes
against that upbringing.

I'm of that ilk. It really is quite uncomfortable for me to be forceful -
which I think of as discourteous.

I'm the same, me

--
geoff