Posted to uk.d-i-y
pcb1962[_2_] pcb1962[_2_] is offline

Default OT - callers at door.

On 20 Apr, 15:47, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:
I know this isn't DIY. * Does anyone know how to deal with hawkers and such
who come to the door?

Speak to your local police crime prevention officer. My road has been
designated a 'no cold calling zone' since an old man got ripped off
badly by some 'roofers' last year. The police have put orange signs at
each end of the road and it tends to discourage most of the nuisance
callers. Google for 'no cold calling zone', you'll find lots to read.
We have had a spate of chuggers recently who seem to think that it
doesn't apply to them.