Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OTHow to **** the neigbours off but not go too far? long

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
gazz wrote:
Next door neigbours have turned weird with us,

. Or high power ham or CB transmitter deliberately mistuned.

Reminds me of a previous house I had where the neighbours at the far end
of my garden, 200'+ away fitted a PIR switched flood light that shone
straight into one of my back windows. It was set to run for about 5
minutes each time it was tripped, it was also VERY sensitive to RF.
They didn't seemed bothered that it illuminated much more than just
their property so when I finally flipped I set the beacon timer on my
packet TX, amateur radio data TX, to 5 minutes plus a couple of seconds.
Their lamp lasted a couple of nights before it finally gave up. Maybe
the bulb blew or they turned it off, no idea which but at least it
stopped.......

That was legal, immoral maybe but legal, not quite so sure about the
mistuned TX idea.

There again if they have satellite TV and you can see their dish I have
a 10GHz sig' gen' that has quite a high output! ;-)

Personally I would smile at them and be friendly, should **** them off
totally if you don't rise to the bait.

Best of luck.
--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Jules
writes
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 23:53:11 +0100, gazz wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Love is the best way forward,

What, i should shag his wife??

It'd satisfy the "****ing off the neighbours" bit, although I'm not so
sure about "but not go too far" :-)

Think that counts as going all the way... Besides, it could lead to
bigger problems, she might not want to go home!

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , mogga
wrote:
On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 15:21:29 +0100, "gazz" wrote:

Next door neigbours have turned weird with us,

Smile politely and be chatty with them. For a couple of weeks. In the
meantime, arrange things so you can get your vehicles off your drive
without over running their drive or damaging anything.

Cut some flowers from the garden or soemthing equally nice and take
them round.

Certainly the best way. The more acid they throw, counter it with more
sugar. It will wind them up that you are unresponsive to the aggro. Also you
will sleep more soundly to know that you are doing nothing that will come
back and bite you.

http://www.illifauthouse.co.uk : http://www.ajlelectronics.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 01:09:56 +0100, gazz wrote:
"Jules" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 23:53:11 +0100, gazz wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

as the solution would
be to park the van somewhere else, but that can't be done now,

Hmm, no chance of pulling their poxy light out while they're not there,
moving the van, and putting the light back again as it was? That'll fox
'em. Tell them you hired a big crane at enormous expense to lift the van
out, but it's OK because the DWP are paying for it. Build a fall-out
bunker before you do all that, though.

my GF saw him putting the pole in the hole he'd dug, and says it's about 3/4
of the length of the pole below ground, he was deffo a very long time
digging the hole, as i heard him start it at about 9 in the morning, and he
was cementing it in at about 2 in the afternoon,

i could tell them that the DWP have increased my benefits as i'm now
partialy house bound and have had a quality of life reduction, due to not
being able to use the vehicle which is 'specialy adapted' by having an
onboard toilet and washing machine for when part of my medical conditions
catch me out.
bet they'd be out there with the angle grinder within seconds.

Can't you order something from one of the building sheds - that needs to
be delivered by a lorry with a crane? With any luck it'd flatten the
neighbours pole as it backed over it (maybe with a little direction from
you :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"michael adams" wrote in message

"gazz" wrote in message
Next door neigbours have turned weird with us,

why not invite them over saying you want a chat and ask them directly about
not getting on well anymore? it might reveal some surprising things?

our council offers a 'mediating' service. someone will come and speak to
both sides and try to resolve it, maybe you have something similar?

better than letting things turn nasty?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 18, 5:53*pm, "Roger" wrote:
"gazz" wrote in message

Next door neigbours have turned weird with us,

Good for you, this group is not for solving any emotional or psychological
problems people have. *So I suggest you go and tell someone who cares.

i know half of the problem, i am medicaly retired (progressive joint
problems, gut problems, anemia etc), dont have kids, dont smoke, dont
drink, dont eat takeaways etc, so all the money i get goes on me, hence i
have a motorhome (self built over 7 years and perfectly fine with the
DWP.. they even said it was a good thing, gives me something to do rather
than being a couch potatoe)

I always laugh when people who claim to have such restricted movement

Where does the OP make that claim?

that it enables them to qualify for benefits climb in to a low sports car -
which
is on motability finance! *The very action of climbing in and out of a car
means
they have lied on their claim forms.

There are all sorts of reasons for being given help through motability
as I know from the case of my late sister who had terminal cancer, but
could still get in/out of a car.

Until you know what you are talking about, f**k off back where you
came from.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 18, 7:26*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
gazz wrote:
Next door neigbours have turned weird with us,

Whatever you do, enjoy doing it, don't get caught, and either make sure
* it makes them so mad that it causes them to overstep the mark and gets
them into serious trouble, that they cant or daren't retaliate over, or
that any trouble they get is completely coincidental and happens when
you are somewhere else, or they are too thick to work out how its done.

A good starting point is Kiplings 'Stalky & Co'. It's all online I think.

Another good trick is a nice interference generator that gets plugged
into the mains or phone system, and wrecks TV/radio/audio/broadband
randomly and untraceably. With no pattern. Or *high power ham or CB
transmitter deliberately mistuned.

Just put up the aerial and wait for them to complain to ofcom about
the interference you're causing.

Another interesting ploy is the large firework that goes off at 2 a.m.
FROM THEIR GARDEN.

Or invite all the neighbours but them to a large fireworks party in
your garden.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 18, 7:53*pm, Onetap wrote:
On 18 Oct, 15:21, "gazz" wrote:

Next door neigbours have turned weird with us,

i know half of the problem, i am medicaly retired (progressive joint
problems, gut problems, anemia etc), dont have kids, dont smoke, dont drink,
dont eat takeaways etc, so all the money i get goes on me, hence i have a
motorhome (self built over 7 years and perfectly fine with the DWP.. they
even said it was a good thing, gives me something to do rather than being a
couch potatoe)

Fcuk em, mate. You're making the best of what you've got, they're
jealous. If you respond to their vile behaviour, you risk becoming
contaminated with their bitter hatred. Just get on with your life and
don't waste a millisecond on thinking of them.

*Smile cheerfully at them, wish them a bright and joyous good day
whenever you see them; it will drive them mad.
*Speak to the DWP, tell them you think your neighbours are harrassing
you by reporting your every move.

Does freedom of information legislation allow you to find out who is
reporting on you, assuming it wasn't anonymous (which it probably
was)?

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 20, 12:04*am, "gazz" wrote:
"Anna Kettle" wrote in message

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 22:49:44 +0100, "gazz" wrote:

yet i have handed them their car keys at
least 20 times when they leave them in the door, and i wound their cars
windows up the time they were wide open and it suddenly started raining..

Stop being so helpful ;-) They will be really ****ed off when they
can't find their keys / discover a wet car seat

oh don't worry, i'm not going to do it again, i did those things before this
lamp post thing happened,

i thought what i'd like to happen if the roles were reversed, i.e. i'd left
my car windows open and it rained and they saw it, tho i now know they'd
most likely do nothing,

They keep getting slow punctures on their car tyres (or have the same ones
and have never had em repaired) as i quite often see him out there with a
foot pump for 10 minutes pumping the tyre up.

i have a compressor in my garage, a pull out air line and a tyre inflator
gun, i've offered him the use of it a few times when i have seen him getting
annoyed at having to inflate the tyre with a foot pump, but he's always
refused, i offered to inflate the tyre for her when he was at work and she
had a flat, but she wanted to wait till he got home.
once i was checking my vans tyre pressures with it, and i could see him
looking at me whilst he was treading away on the foot pump, when i finished
i practicaly put the inflator gun in his hand, but he still wouldent use it,
said he was almost done on the foot pump (and pumped away for another 5
minutes to get the tyre anywhere near round)

So they really seem to resent me, so balls to them.

Are you sure they're not Amish rather than just Christian?

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Man at B&Q wrote:
On Oct 20, 12:04 am, "gazz" wrote:

So they really seem to resent me, so balls to them.

Are you sure they're not Amish rather than just Christian?

Exactly how Christian are these folks? Church Go'ers?

Perhaps prepare a list of the ten commandments for them. Highlight the
following.

* You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

* You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your
neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything
that belongs to your neighbor.

.... er, well I don't know about if ye have a wife, ox, or donkey and the
GF might object to coming under the heading of a slave, by ye get the gist.

Maybe a quiet word to their priest / vicar.

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
On 20 Oct, 12:34, "Man at B&Q" wrote:
Does freedom of information legislation allow you to find out who is
reporting on you, assuming it wasn't anonymous (which it probably
was)?

No, because
(a) investigation into crime (including benefit fraud allegations) is
exempt from FOI
(b) the informant is protected by Data Protection Act

Owain

Are the RSPCA excempt from part a?

Adam