Norminn

Default Enough to **** a guy off !

Jeesh, life is rough, isn't it? If I were you I would:

a dozen large jars of mayo. Empty out the mayo, wash them, and put yer
nails in the jars. While you are there, buy a few of those cloth
shopping bags like your gramma used to use. Now you are set. Get out
on the deck, enjoy the beers, and use granny's shopping bag for your
empties and trash. Don't worry, they are washable and reuseable. If
you have a major project coming up, you can get one of those granny
shopping carts to haul stuff from the car to the yard.

They put enough packaging on the ink cartridges for my computer to
contain Godzilla. Write the mfg of the nails and tell them their
packages are junk. The boxes that wet wipes come in are great for
hubby's tools/screws/drill bits that he leaves everywhere and blames me
for his not being able to find them because I took them off the dining
room table so's I could serve him dinner. Yeah, life is tough. And
then you die. )

SilverUnicorn

Aren't screws better for a deck?

Just wondering.

Chris

wrote in message
I have come to the conclusion that our whole merchandising system is
backwards. Why is it that when you go to a store such as Walmart and
buy 10 items you end up leaving the store with 5 or more flimsy
plastic bags? Why can they not make the bags big enough to actually
hold something? Think this is enough to **** the hair off a gorilla?
Well, your troubles just began. You are leaving the store and the
Fu%^&^# bag breaks because they are made so poorly. It don't require
rocket science to make a decent and usable bag. In fact when I was
much younger, I remember paper bags. Yes, they actually made grocery
store bags out of paper. They were strong, large enough to hold a lot
of stuff, did not require oil to manufacture, and they were
biodegradable. So, if they could make good bags back then, why can't
they do it anymore?

But, thats just the introduction to the ultimate "**** off". This
particular **** off happens when someone goes to a lumber yard and/or
most hardware stores and buys some bulk nails. OK, I was just
complaining about plastic bags, so I suppose I should be happy when
they put my 5 lbs of nails in a brown paper bag. WRONG. In this
case, I want plastic. Strong, and Clear plastic. Do you know what
it's like when you've accumulated 25 brown paper bags of nails, and
want to find the bag that contains the 10d commons? Lets waste the
next 10 minutes going thru each bag. Actually, on second thought,
lets waste the next hour and a half, because at least one of those
paper bags is bound to rip open spilling nails all over the garage
floor under the car tires and under the bench and God only knows where
else they all landed.

So you finally find the nails you're looking for, and get back to work
on your new deck. It's getting late in the day because you spent the
last 2 hours sorting nail bags and cleaning up from all the bags that
broke. The dew is starting to set in for the night, and you are
rushing to put down the last few deck boards. You discover your nail
pouch is empty so you rush over to the completed end of the deck to
reload your pouch from that bag of nails you just spent 2 hours to
find. You stick you hand in the bag and the bag disintegrates upon
touching it, because the dew moistened the bottom of the bag. The
entire contents of the bag are now half on top of your deck, and the
other half fell thru the cracks in the deck and are gone forever
unless you want to crawl in the mud under the deck picking them up one
by one.

You soon find yourself working in the dark, cussing because you dont
have enough nails to complete the job because they are mostly all
under the deck in the mud and you can hear a rumble of thunder in the
distance.

About that moment, you get the urge to jump in the pickup drive to the
lumber yard where you bought the nails and beat the fu*% out of the
store manager prior to buying more nails. Unfortunately they are
closed. About that moment it starts to rain so you rush around
picking up your tools and other materials. Thats when you pick up
that brown bag full of large spikes that you used earlier in the day
to make the frame. As you pick up that wet bag, you watch in slow
motion as all the spikes scatter and fall thru the cracks in the
decking.

Who is the fu*%ing idiot that decided that nails go in brown paper
bags, and yet use plastic bags for darn near everything else. Is this
the same fu*%ing idiot that designed the boxes for the pre-packaged
nails? You know, those 1 LB and 5 LB boxes made of paper thin
cardboard with a clear cellophane window in the box. You know, those
boxes where the bottom always falls out, either before, or after the
cellophane window breaks spilling nails out from both the window and
the bottom of the box in unison.

If anyone knows this guy, please post his name and complete address.
I'm sure most of us would like to deposit a few broken boxes and paper
bags of roofing nails right outside his front door, with the points
sticking UP.

Mark

Suzie-Q

In article ,
wrote:

- I have come to the conclusion that our whole merchandising system is
- backwards. Why is it that when you go to a store such as Walmart and
- buy 10 items you end up leaving the store with 5 or more flimsy
- plastic bags? Why can they not make the bags big enough to actually
- hold something? Think this is enough to **** the hair off a gorilla?
- Well, your troubles just began. You are leaving the store and the
- Fu%^&^# bag breaks because they are made so poorly. It don't require
- rocket science to make a decent and usable bag. In fact when I was
- much younger, I remember paper bags. Yes, they actually made grocery
- store bags out of paper. They were strong, large enough to hold a lot
- of stuff, did not require oil to manufacture, and they were
- biodegradable. So, if they could make good bags back then, why can't
- they do it anymore?

Since I work at Wal-Mart I can say with confidence that a lot of
people who work at Wal-Mart are idiots. (I'll bet you never
suspected that, did you?!)

The smart Wal-Mart cashiers will double bag anything that is heavy
enough to break through a single bag. If they don't, tell them to.
They have to do what you ask re. bagging merchandise. You can even
tell them in advance of ringing up your items how you want your
merchandise bagged. This can be fun if you get one of the idiots, or
one of the ones who couldn't care less about your stuff and bags it
any way he/she sees fit. ("Just get me out of here on time!") Watch
their facial expressions while you're giving your instructions.

If it makes you feel any better, the bags are as big a pain in my ass
as they are in yours, but probably for different reasons. I have told
several people that, if I ever buy a gun and come into work/Wal-Mart
shooting, it won't be at the people -- it will be at the bags on the
carousels. I have no doubt that the other cashiers present will give
me a standing ovation.

HTH,
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/

Doug Miller

In article , wrote:

But, thats just the introduction to the ultimate "**** off". This
particular **** off happens when someone goes to a lumber yard and/or
most hardware stores and buys some bulk nails. OK, I was just
complaining about plastic bags, so I suppose I should be happy when
they put my 5 lbs of nails in a brown paper bag. WRONG. In this
case, I want plastic. Strong, and Clear plastic.

Strong, clear plastic bags that nails start poking through approximately 2
microseconds after they're put in the bag. Yeah, right, great idea.

Do you know what
it's like when you've accumulated 25 brown paper bags of nails, and
want to find the bag that contains the 10d commons?

How hard is it, to take a pencil and write on the bag what's inside it?

Lets waste the
next 10 minutes going thru each bag. Actually, on second thought,
lets waste the next hour and a half, because at least one of those
paper bags is bound to rip open spilling nails all over the garage
floor under the car tires and under the bench and God only knows where
else they all landed.

Pencils are great time-savers.

So you finally find the nails you're looking for, and get back to work
on your new deck. It's getting late in the day because you spent the
last 2 hours sorting nail bags and cleaning up from all the bags that
broke.

If you'd written down what was in the bags when you bought them, you wouldn't
have had to spend two hours sorting the bags. And if you'd bought them in
five-pound cartons, you wouldn't have to clean up after broken bags.

The dew is starting to set in for the night, and you are
rushing to put down the last few deck boards. You discover your nail
pouch is empty so you rush over to the completed end of the deck to
reload your pouch from that bag of nails you just spent 2 hours to
find. You stick you hand in the bag and the bag disintegrates upon
touching it, because the dew moistened the bottom of the bag. The
entire contents of the bag are now half on top of your deck, and the
other half fell thru the cracks in the deck and are gone forever
unless you want to crawl in the mud under the deck picking them up one
by one.

If you'd marked the bags when you bought them, you would've been done before
the dew set in. See how much time and effort you wasted?

You soon find yourself working in the dark, cussing because you dont
have enough nails to complete the job because they are mostly all
under the deck in the mud and you can hear a rumble of thunder in the
distance.

About that moment, you get the urge to jump in the pickup drive to the
lumber yard where you bought the nails and beat the fu*% out of the
store manager prior to buying more nails.

Why? Is it his fault you didn't mark the bags when you bought them?

Unfortunately they are
closed. About that moment it starts to rain so you rush around
picking up your tools and other materials. Thats when you pick up
that brown bag full of large spikes that you used earlier in the day
to make the frame. As you pick up that wet bag, you watch in slow
motion as all the spikes scatter and fall thru the cracks in the
decking.

If you'd marked the bags when you bought them, you would've been finished
before the rain came.

Who is the fu*%ing idiot that decided that nails go in brown paper
bags, and yet use plastic bags for darn near everything else.

That "fu*%ing idiot" is at least smart enough to realize that nails won't poke
through the sides of a paper bag. And I bet he's smart enough to mark the
contents of his nail bags, too.

Is this
the same fu*%ing idiot that designed the boxes for the pre-packaged
nails? You know, those 1 LB and 5 LB boxes made of paper thin
cardboard with a clear cellophane window in the box. You know, those
boxes where the bottom always falls out, either before, or after the
cellophane window breaks spilling nails out from both the window and
the bottom of the box in unison.

If you had marked the bags when you bought them, you would've been finished
before the dew and the rain, and the bottoms of the boxes wouldn't have gotten
wet either.

If anyone knows this guy, please post his name and complete address.
I'm sure most of us would like to deposit a few broken boxes and paper
bags of roofing nails right outside his front door, with the points
sticking UP.

Oh, so now it's *his* fault you didn't mark the bags when you bought them.
Right, I got it...

--
Regards,

Sacramento Dave

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
Ever heard of coffee cans or any of thousands of other

containers that you can transfer your purchases into that
aren't DESIGNED to break down over time?

How about the advanced concept of marking what is in your
containers on the outside, so you can tell at a glance what is
in there?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Watch what your posting .Think of the recipient.You may be responsible for
overloading a fragile mind

Rudy

Aren't screws better for a deck?

Yes, and they come in 5# BOXES with little windows in them so he can see
whats inside in case he can't read the writing on the box

Rudy

Strong, clear plastic bags that nails start poking through approximately 2
microseconds after they're put in the bag. Yeah, right, great idea.

Our local Ace lumber yard had both paper AND plastic bags for bulk
scru&nails..u pick
I NEVER take the paper ones. They're reserved for the original poster.
They're available in 1# and 5# size..You write the code # on the bag with a
pen chained to the nail/scru rack.
The plastic is at least 6 mil and nothing pokes holes in them.

This guy needs a new hardware store..

Rudy

and once I get the bags home, I put the nails/screws in their

...... divided nail box. Takes about ten minutes if you stop for a
break in the middle and a buck three eighty in materials, stackable,
all nails visible.

Harry K

Sacramento Dave wrote:
"Robert Allison" wrote in message
Ever heard of coffee cans or any of thousands of other

containers that you can transfer your purchases into that
aren't DESIGNED to break down over time?

How about the advanced concept of marking what is in your
containers on the outside, so you can tell at a glance what is
in there?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Georgetown, TX

Watch what your posting .Think of the recipient.You may be responsible for
overloading a fragile mind

Exactly! Why ruin a rant with a dose of reality? My preference is for
glass jars for the smaller quantities and coffee cans with a sample
taped to the outside for larger quantity. Have them on 3 1/2" selves
ranked by type/size between the studs of the garage.

Harry K

Goedjn

How about the advanced concept of marking what is in your
containers on the outside, so you can tell at a glance what is
in there?

All of my nails and screws get re-packaged into cut-open
2-liter coke bottles or 1 gallon pland-spring bottles, anyway.
The traveling tool-box gets 20-oz bottles.

Do you know what it's like when you've accumulated 25 brown paper
bags of nails, and want to find the bag that contains the 10d commons? Lets waste the next 10 minutes going thru each bag.

Didn't your grandfather have all those mason jar caps nailed to the
ceiling of the garage/basement or on the underside of a nearby shelving
unit?

You may realize now that he wasn't a silly old man after all. There
was a good reason he had them there... to screw in a mason jar full of
like fasteners.