Doug Miller

In article , wrote:

But, thats just the introduction to the ultimate "**** off". This
particular **** off happens when someone goes to a lumber yard and/or
most hardware stores and buys some bulk nails. OK, I was just
complaining about plastic bags, so I suppose I should be happy when
they put my 5 lbs of nails in a brown paper bag. WRONG. In this
case, I want plastic. Strong, and Clear plastic.

Strong, clear plastic bags that nails start poking through approximately 2
microseconds after they're put in the bag. Yeah, right, great idea.

Do you know what
it's like when you've accumulated 25 brown paper bags of nails, and
want to find the bag that contains the 10d commons?

How hard is it, to take a pencil and write on the bag what's inside it?

Lets waste the
next 10 minutes going thru each bag. Actually, on second thought,
lets waste the next hour and a half, because at least one of those
paper bags is bound to rip open spilling nails all over the garage
floor under the car tires and under the bench and God only knows where
else they all landed.

Pencils are great time-savers.

So you finally find the nails you're looking for, and get back to work
on your new deck. It's getting late in the day because you spent the
last 2 hours sorting nail bags and cleaning up from all the bags that
broke.

If you'd written down what was in the bags when you bought them, you wouldn't
have had to spend two hours sorting the bags. And if you'd bought them in
five-pound cartons, you wouldn't have to clean up after broken bags.

The dew is starting to set in for the night, and you are
rushing to put down the last few deck boards. You discover your nail
pouch is empty so you rush over to the completed end of the deck to
reload your pouch from that bag of nails you just spent 2 hours to
find. You stick you hand in the bag and the bag disintegrates upon
touching it, because the dew moistened the bottom of the bag. The
entire contents of the bag are now half on top of your deck, and the
other half fell thru the cracks in the deck and are gone forever
unless you want to crawl in the mud under the deck picking them up one
by one.

If you'd marked the bags when you bought them, you would've been done before
the dew set in. See how much time and effort you wasted?

You soon find yourself working in the dark, cussing because you dont
have enough nails to complete the job because they are mostly all
under the deck in the mud and you can hear a rumble of thunder in the
distance.

About that moment, you get the urge to jump in the pickup drive to the
lumber yard where you bought the nails and beat the fu*% out of the
store manager prior to buying more nails.

Why? Is it his fault you didn't mark the bags when you bought them?

Unfortunately they are
closed. About that moment it starts to rain so you rush around
picking up your tools and other materials. Thats when you pick up
that brown bag full of large spikes that you used earlier in the day
to make the frame. As you pick up that wet bag, you watch in slow
motion as all the spikes scatter and fall thru the cracks in the
decking.

If you'd marked the bags when you bought them, you would've been finished
before the rain came.

Who is the fu*%ing idiot that decided that nails go in brown paper
bags, and yet use plastic bags for darn near everything else.

That "fu*%ing idiot" is at least smart enough to realize that nails won't poke
through the sides of a paper bag. And I bet he's smart enough to mark the
contents of his nail bags, too.

Is this
the same fu*%ing idiot that designed the boxes for the pre-packaged
nails? You know, those 1 LB and 5 LB boxes made of paper thin
cardboard with a clear cellophane window in the box. You know, those
boxes where the bottom always falls out, either before, or after the
cellophane window breaks spilling nails out from both the window and
the bottom of the box in unison.

If you had marked the bags when you bought them, you would've been finished
before the dew and the rain, and the bottoms of the boxes wouldn't have gotten
wet either.

If anyone knows this guy, please post his name and complete address.
I'm sure most of us would like to deposit a few broken boxes and paper
bags of roofing nails right outside his front door, with the points
sticking UP.

Oh, so now it's *his* fault you didn't mark the bags when you bought them.
Right, I got it...

--
Regards,