Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cornwall Electricals Caution

Just a warning re Cornwall Electricals. TransX their credit card
processor has withdrawn their support for this online vendor due to
non delivery of puchased items and non response to customers. This
online vendor' seems to be very close to fraudulent practices and in
my opinion is best avoided.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 13, 2:41 am, Edward W. Thompson
wrote:
Just a warning re Cornwall Electricals. TransX their credit card
processor has withdrawn their support for this online vendor due to
non delivery of puchased items and non response to customers. This
online vendor' seems to be very close to fraudulent practices and in
my opinion is best avoided.

my opion is transx are going to be taken to court as this is not true
they didnt withdraw i finished with them
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Just a warning re Cornwall Electricals. TransX their credit card
processor has withdrawn their support for this online vendor due to
non delivery of puchased items and non response to customers. This
online vendor' seems to be very close to fraudulent practices and in
my opinion is best avoided.

my opion is transx are going to be taken to court as this is not true
they didnt withdraw i finished with them

To elaborate on the story, Cornwall Electricals offered to sell me a
Microwave oven at a very fair price. I paid them using a credit card
and they offered to deliver in one week. First 'problem' was the
invoice they sent me itemised a camera as the purchased item. I
corrected them by telephone but did not receive a revised invoice.

Cornwall Electricals, or their contractor (TransX) charged my credit
card immediately ( sharp practice). A week plus a day ( I think) I
visited Cornwall Electricals web site and noted that 'Due to volume of
orders, goods will dispatched two, weeks after order' (or words to
that effect).

I tried to call Cornwall Electricals but they were not answering. I
emailed with a question about when I was to expect delivery and
received a reply saying they were having 'problems' with their credit
card processor and I would be receiving a refund within 72 hours. I
could pay them with cash to receive the items ordered! Alarm bells
began to ring.

To date I have received no refund and they claim the problem lies with
their contractor Transx and not them! Cornwall Electricals don't seem
to understand the basics that they as the 'prime' have total
responsibility for the transaction including any default by their
contractors.

Just be warned, do not give your business to these people. They may
not be dishonest but my experience suggests they are to be avoided. I
suppose it is the old adage when a deal seems to good to be true it
usually is! Caveat empor
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-02-15 06:57:58 +0000, Edward W. Thompson

wrote:
[...]

I take it that you've lodged a claim with your card company?

Is the amount involved £100? If so, they have joint liability with
the supplier.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Edward W. Thompson writes:

To date I have received no refund and they claim the problem lies with
their contractor Transx and not them!

You haven't given a timeline with your story, so I don't know
if you've given other parties reasonable time to resolve issues.
Just call your card company, explain, and ask for a chargeback.
For a non-responding retailer, it can take 60 days. However,
you will probably find that your card company won't charge
interest on that transaction during that period (but do check
this, don't just assume it).

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I HAVE REFUNDED EVERYONE ON MYSIDE , IF I COULD MAKE THE REFUNDS GO
QUICKER I WOULD THE MONEY IS SAT IN CYPERSPACE AS THEY SAY , IF YOU
VISIT WWW.TRANSX.CO.UK YOU CAN TALK TO THEM LIVE AND CHECK YOUR REFUND
IS ON THE WAY BACK

REGARDS CORNWALL ELECTRICALS LTD
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Oh dear.

Two more reasons, I fear.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 04:18:37 GMT, Anne Jackson
wrote:

The message from Edward W. Thompson contains
these words:

Caveat empor

Emptor

Sorry! Didn't mean to offend :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:28:03 +0000, Andy Hall

On 2008-02-15 06:57:58 +0000, Edward W. Thompson

wrote:
[...]

Yes. I have spoken to my card company (MBNA) who told me they
would/could do nothing until 30 days has elapsed from the time of the
default. This is despite the parties (Cornwall Electricals and
TransX) agreeing by email that a refund is appropriate. It seems that
as the matter will come to a head before my next credit card bill is
due, I will not be out of pocket (at least I hope so). I understand
from MBNA they have paid TransX so TransX or someone enjoys the
benefit of an interest free loan! Nice if you can get it!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-02-15 06:57:58 +0000, Edward W. Thompson

wrote:
[...]

I can only feal sorry for those who are waiting for the money back, it
should be instant as they (transx) take the money quick enough , i
have instruced my lawyer to take approiate action against transx for
slander

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-02-15 06:57:58 +0000, Edward W. Thompson

wrote:
[...]

What Cornwall Electricals seems not to understand is that their
customers agreement is with them not TransX. The responsibility and
liability for reimbursement rests wholly with Cornwall Electricals,
their customers have no agreement with TransX who have been introduced
into the deal by Cornwall Electricals.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Edward W. Thompson wrote:
What Cornwall Electricals seems not to understand is that their
customers agreement is with them not TransX. The responsibility and
liability for reimbursement rests wholly with Cornwall Electricals,
their customers have no agreement with TransX who have been introduced
into the deal by Cornwall Electricals.

I'm not so sure when paying by credit card. There is often a problem over
the time taken for refunds. Of course a decent vendor wouldn't debit the
card until the goods were actually despatched.

--
*Can atheists get insurance for acts of God? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-02-15 06:57:58 +0000, Edward W. Thompson

wrote:
[...]

I too was caught up with Cornwall Electricals and foolishly placed an
order with them....i got my refund from transx onto my card on Friday
so i'm happy now.

Only wish Cornwall Electricals would answer their phones and emails
instead of replying to people on here! I won't go near them again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-02-15 06:57:58 +0000, Edward W. Thompson

wrote:
[...]

im sure people would like to chat to us about problems please add us
to msn messenger where we are happy to discuss
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 19, 8:14 pm, "Bob Eager" wrote:
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:49:05 UTC,
wrote:

Only wish Cornwall Electricals would answer their phones and emails
instead of replying to people on here! I won't go near them again.

im sure people would like to chat to us about problems please add us
to msn messenger where we are happy to discuss

But you're incapable of using the phone or email? No, I'll just add you
to the list of companies to be avoided - and tell my clients likewise.

http://www.diybanter.com

please check out our store reviews
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 22, 8:03 pm, "Bob Eager" wrote:

wrote:

Only wish Cornwall Electricals would answer their phones and emails
instead of replying to people on here! I won't go near them again.

im sure people would like to chat to us about problems please add us
to msn messenger where we are happy to discuss

But you're incapable of using the phone or email? No, I'll just add you
to the list of companies to be avoided - and tell my clients likewise.

please check out our store reviews

You haven't denied that you prefer MSN to actually talking to or
emailing people...
http://www.diybanter.com

ill talk to anyone no problems email msn phone face to face i got
nothing to hide
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Only wish Cornwall Electricals would answer their phones and emails
instead of replying to people on here! I won't go near them again.

im sure people would like to chat to us about problems please add us
to msn messenger where we are happy to discuss

But you're incapable of using the phone or email? No, I'll just add you
to the list of companies to be avoided - and tell my clients likewise.

http://www.diybanter.com

please check out our store reviews

My experience in trying to deal with Cornwall Electricals was bad and
I would not do business with that organization again and would advise
others to investigate their options before embarking on a transaction
with Cornwall Electricals.

There are many web based businesses that provide excellent service,
why do business with one that doesn't?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Only wish Cornwall Electricals would answer their phones and emails
instead of replying to people on here! I won't go near them again.

im sure people would like to chat to us about problems please add us
to msn messenger where we are happy to discuss

But you're incapable of using the phone or email? No, I'll just add you
to the list of companies to be avoided - and tell my clients likewise.

http://www.diybanter.com

please check out our store reviews

My experience in trying to deal with Cornwall Electricals was bad and
I would not do business with that organization again and would advise
others to investigate their options before embarking on a transaction
with Cornwall Electricals.

There are many web based businesses that provide excellent service,
why do business with one that doesn't?

Wow your life must be really sad edward, my experience with people
like you is sad, i have a healthy honest business, who has many happy
customers
get a life before i sue for slander

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

My experience in trying to deal with Cornwall Electricals was bad and
I would not do business with that organization again and would advise
others to investigate their options before embarking on a transaction
with Cornwall Electricals.

There are many web based businesses that provide excellent service,
why do business with one that doesn't?

Wow your life must be really sad edward, my experience with people
like you is sad, i have a healthy honest business, who has many happy
customers
get a life before i sue for slander

You really do know how to get a good reputation dont you?

Please inform us why you think there is a case for slander.
Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

coz your all idoits

You have obviously never heard the saying "When in a hole
stop digging".

I have never bought anything from Cornwall Electricals, and
after seeing your replies in this group I doubt I ever will.
Many people do a Google groups search for names of online
businesses before trading with them to check if anyone has
had any problems with them, or if they have a bad
reputation.

Google never forgets, and a search for "Cornwall
Electricals" is likely to ring warning bells to a number of
your prospective future customers. You just can't call
unhappy customers "idiots". You also spoke about your
business being close to bankruptcy in another thread - not a
word that instils confidence in potential customers either.
--
James.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 23, 5:45 pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
writes:

Wow your life must be really sad edward, my experience with people
like you is sad, i have a healthy honest business, who has many happy
customers
get a life before i sue for slander

coz your all idoits

You know what? No customer could have damaged the image
of your business anything like as effectively as you
have just done yourself. Do you think you come across
as the sort of person someone would want to do business
with?

--
Andrew Gabriel

i have many of happy customers dont need silly mindless people like
you or your friends to buy off us anyway, just coz we got a business
and your all jealous ha ha

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Feb 23, 5:45 pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article
,
writes:

Wow your life must be really sad edward, my experience with people
like you is sad, i have a healthy honest business, who has many
happy
customers
get a life before i sue for slander

coz your all idoits

You know what? No customer could have damaged the image
of your business anything like as effectively as you
have just done yourself. Do you think you come across
as the sort of person someone would want to do business
with?

--
Andrew Gabriel

i have many of happy customers dont need silly mindless people like
you or your friends to buy off us anyway, just coz we got a business
and your all jealous ha ha

Are they run by a 17 year old spotty kid, who's Daddy put all the money up
for him? Certainly seem so from the coversation here!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Wow your life must be really sad edward, my experience with people
like you is sad, i have a healthy honest business, who has many happy
customers
get a life before i sue for slander

You might care to comment on the observations made in several forums
about the business, such as he

http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/s...d.php?t=500813
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6402662

Your website used to state:

"Cornwall Electricals - Penzance. Founded in 2008, Cornwall Electricals
has many years experience in the Electrical Goods sector"

Now it states "Cornwall Electricals has been established since 2005"

And yet the company was incorporated just this month:

Date of Incorporation: 11/02/2008

How does a business established for just a few weeks qualify as having
"many years experience"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You know what? No customer could have damaged the image
of your business anything like as effectively as you
have just done yourself. Do you think you come across
as the sort of person someone would want to do business
with?

--
Andrew Gabriel
[email address is not usable -- followup in the
newsgroup]

i have many of happy customers dont need silly mindless
people like
you or your friends to buy off us anyway, just coz we got
a business
and your all jealous ha ha

Are they run by a 17 year old spotty kid, who's Daddy put
all the money up for him? Certainly seem so from the
coversation here!

From his language I'd guess nearer 13 not 17. I think we've
all been had by a kid playing troll games who probably
hasn't got anything to do with Cornwall Electricals. I
wouldn't be surprised if Cornwall Electricals doesn't even
know this thread exists!
--
James

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 23, 5:45 pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
writes:

Wow your life must be really sad edward, my experience with people
like you is sad, i have a healthy honest business, who has many happy
customers
get a life before i sue for slander

coz your all idoits

You know what? No customer could have damaged the image
of your business anything like as effectively as you
have just done yourself. Do you think you come across
as the sort of person someone would want to do business
with?

--
Andrew Gabriel

Ive used cornwall electricals ltd on a number of occasions and never
had a problem with them, fast friendly service great products, and
even better prices i would def recoomend them to anyone

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 23, 5:45 pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
writes:

Wow your life must be really sad edward, my experience with people
like you is sad, i have a healthy honest business, who has many happy
customers
get a life before i sue for slander

coz your all idoits

You know what? No customer could have damaged the image
of your business anything like as effectively as you
have just done yourself. Do you think you come across
as the sort of person someone would want to do business
with?

--
Andrew Gabriel

I used cornwall electricals ltd to buy a new washing machine, they
arrived on time and even connected it for me, i phoned them and said i
was in need urgent and got a 24 hour turn around great service , well
done cornwall electricals ltd
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Feb 23, 5:45 pm, (Andrew
Gabriel)
wrote:
In article
,
writes:

[...]

This thread is getting freaky and going from bad to worse.
People who have never posted on this group before just seem
to be popping out of thin air posting messages saying how
wonderful Cornwall Electricals are. Interesting that they
all seem to be from people with Hotmail addresses, posted
via Google groups and have the same grammatical structure.
Could almost be the same person making up fake good reports.

Cornwall Electricals are starting to sound more and more
scary to me, more dodgy by the minute. What is next a
endorsement from the Pope?
--
James

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

You know what? No customer could have damaged the image
of your business anything like as effectively as you
have just done yourself. Do you think you come across
as the sort of person someone would want to do business
with?

Sure it's not a forgery?

Not given the content of the website. It's clear that some text is
written by someone with a good command of English and much is written by
someone with the same grammatical cock-ups as the person writing here.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"James Hoarden" writes:
wrote in message

I used cornwall electricals ltd to buy a new washing
machine, they
arrived on time and even connected it for me, i phoned
them and said i
was in need urgent and got a 24 hour turn around great
service , well
done cornwall electricals ltd

This thread is getting freaky and going from bad to worse.
People who have never posted on this group before just seem
to be popping out of thin air posting messages saying how
wonderful Cornwall Electricals are. Interesting that they
all seem to be from people with Hotmail addresses, posted
via Google groups and have the same grammatical structure.
Could almost be the same person making up fake good reports.

Look at the headers...
,
and
are all the same poster.

Cornwall Electricals are starting to sound more and more
scary to me, more dodgy by the minute. What is next a
endorsement from the Pope?

A google search on "Cornwall Electricals" is slightly amusing
if you're bored;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In Message-ID:

Ive used cornwall electricals ltd on a number of occasions and never
had a problem with them, fast friendly service great products, and
even better prices i would def recoomend them to anyone

In Message-ID:

Wow your life must be really sad edward, my experience with people
like you is sad, i have a healthy honest business, who has many happy
customers
get a life before i sue for slander

The lowest watermark of a business is when someone starts trying to
forge positive reviews. It does make one wonder about the "Store
Reviews" on the website.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Hoarden wrote:

[snip]

This thread is getting freaky and going from bad to worse.
People who have never posted on this group before just seem
to be popping out of thin air posting messages saying how
wonderful Cornwall Electricals are. Interesting that they
all seem to be from people with Hotmail addresses, posted
via Google groups and have the same grammatical structure.
Could almost be the same person making up fake good reports.

Cornwall Electricals are starting to sound more and more
scary to me, more dodgy by the minute. What is next a
endorsement from the Pope?

They all have this in common: NNTP-Posting-Host: 86.137.194.250

The domain registrant is one "Scott M****" which might explain the
email address used for one of the posts.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in
message ...
In article ,
"James Hoarden" writes:
wrote in message

[...]

I see what you mean :-)

Like I said earlier, it is always worth while doing a Google
search on any online companies before parting with money.
There are too many con merchants and dodgy dealers about.
--
James

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , James Hoarden
writes

wrote in message
On Feb 23, 5:45 pm, (Andrew
Gabriel)
wrote:
In article
,
writes:

[...]

I've never used Cornwall Electrical and I found their services to be at
least as good as any other business I've never used

now let us pray

--
Benedict XVI