Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cornwall Electricals Caution

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 22:43:41 +0100 James Hoarden wrote :
Cornwall Electricals are starting to sound more and more
scary to me, more dodgy by the minute. What is next a
endorsement from the Pope?

From their website

"SAVE 10% WHEN PAYING BY CHEQUE ,POSTAL ORDER, BANK TRANSFER OR
PAYZONE"

... and lose the protection that paying by credit card gives you

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 24, 12:11 am, Emil Tiades wrote:
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:53:59 +0000, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

Your website used to state:

"Cornwall Electricals - Penzance. Founded in 2008, Cornwall Electricals
has many years experience in the Electrical Goods sector"

Now it states "Cornwall Electricals has been established since 2005"

And yet the company was incorporated just this month:

Date of Incorporation: 11/02/2008

How does a business established for just a few weeks qualify as having
"many years experience"?

On the **** estate where is the spare bedroom of the semi he is
trading from, a couple of weeks might seem like a life time!
Look down on his premises from Google Earth

IF ANYONE HAS SOME COMMENTS PLEASE FEEL FREE AND COME AND TELL ME FACE
TO FACE, BUT OH NO YOU ALL RATHER SIT BEHIND A COMPUTER SCREEN AND
TALK ABOUT THINGS YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT, WOW ANYWAY I HAVE A
BUSINESS TO RUN MAYBE ONE DAY YOULL ALL DO SOMETHING USEFULL AND DO
WHAT I DID AND BETTER MY LIFE, NOT SIT AROUND LEAVING COMMENTS , YOU
CAN ALL SAY WHAT YOU WANT , THE PEOPLE WHO BUY ARE THE PEOPLE I WORRY
ABOUT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Your website used to state:

"Cornwall Electricals - Penzance. Founded in 2008, Cornwall Electricals
has many years experience in the Electrical Goods sector"

Now it states "Cornwall Electricals has been established since 2005"

And yet the company was incorporated just this month:

Date of Incorporation: 11/02/2008

How does a business established for just a few weeks qualify as having
"many years experience"?

On the **** estate where is the spare bedroom of the semi he is
trading from, a couple of weeks might seem like a life time!
Look down on his premises from Google Earth

IF ANYONE HAS SOME COMMENTS PLEASE FEEL FREE AND COME AND TELL ME FACE
TO FACE

And get beaten up by your mates on the estate perhaps?

, BUT OH NO YOU ALL RATHER SIT BEHIND A COMPUTER SCREEN AND
TALK ABOUT THINGS YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT, WOW ANYWAY I HAVE A
BUSINESS TO RUN MAYBE ONE DAY YOULL ALL DO SOMETHING USEFULL AND DO
WHAT I DID AND BETTER MY LIFE, NOT SIT AROUND LEAVING COMMENTS , YOU
CAN ALL SAY WHAT YOU WANT , THE PEOPLE WHO BUY ARE THE PEOPLE I WORRY
ABOUT

So explain why the company was incorporated just a few weeks ago, and
why you say 'years'.
http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
... THE PEOPLE WHO BUY ARE THE PEOPLE I WORRY
ABOUT ...

Why? In case they come knocking on your door with baseball
bats demanding their money back?
--
James

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/02/2008 08:41, wrote:

THE PEOPLE WHO BUY ARE THE PEOPLE I WORRY ABOUT

They're the people *we* worry about too, however you may have less
customers to bother you in future.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Hoarden" wrote:

Cornwall Electricals are starting to sound more and more
scary to me, more dodgy by the minute. What is next a
endorsement from the Pope?

Blessings.
May I just say that I've always been highly impressed with Kornvall
Electrikals in my dealings with them. So much so I even bought an ice
cream freezer (so handy for ze bratwurst, ja?) und zey came over to fit
it for not extra charge. Zose guys really know how to party.
A big thumbs up for Kornvall Elektrikals

Heil... er..

--

Joseph Ratzinger
Pope
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember (Andrew
Gabriel) saying something like:

A google search on "Cornwall Electricals" is slightly amusing
if you're bored;-)

Holy ****.

http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/s....php?p=7864731

http://www.nicholasparc.co.uk/began.html

http://www.nicholasparc.co.uk/parc_mellan.html

Fair play to the bloke behind Cornwall Electricals if he's trying to
work his way out of that ********, but there's a string of unhappy
customers who tell their own stories about his trading habits.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 00:41:54 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

IF ANYONE HAS SOME COMMENTS

Please don't shout, it's bad manners.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Fair play to the bloke behind Cornwall Electricals if he's trying to
work his way out of that ********, but there's a string of unhappy
customers who tell their own stories about his trading habits.

Looking at the "nicholasparc" website and the Cornwall Electricals rants
here, it seems that schools in that area have a lot to answer for. I
also wonder how someone managed to raise the £40,000 he claimed to have
invested. A run down council house doesn't offer much scope to raise
capital.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 24, 11:29*am, Grimly Curmudgeon
drugs began to take hold. I remember (Andrew
Gabriel) saying something like:

A google search on "Cornwall Electricals" is slightly amusing
if you're bored;-)

Holy ****.

http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/s....php?p=7864731

http://www.nicholasparc.co.uk/began.html

http://www.nicholasparc.co.uk/parc_mellan.html

Fair play to the bloke behind Cornwall Electricals if he's trying to
work his way out of that ********, but there's a string of unhappy
customers who tell their own stories about his trading habits.
--

Dave

I love reading all your comments, one day one off you will have the
guts to talk to me, oh cant see any off you on my records of buying
anything, may i say thankyou to you all ive had a good time reading,
one day youll haver the guts to start a business yourself maybe we are
all slightly jealous, a 27 old man has got the guts to do something in
his life and not sit around signing on or working for some old git
who thinks he owns penzance. all i can say is your all missing out on
bargains not me and the happy customers roll on cornwall electricals
ltd

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I applaud you for starting your own business and wish you good luck. However
common sense and literacy do not seem to be your strong points. Each time
you respond, you are digging an ever deeper hole and putting folk off being
customers!

I think you meant:

"I love reading all your comments. One day, one of you will have the guts to
talk to me. Oh, I can't see any of you on my records as having bought
anything. May I say thank you to you all. I've had a good time reading. One
day, you'll have the guts to start a business yourself. May be we are all
slightly jealous?

A 27 year old man has got the guts to do something in his life and not sit
around signing on or working for some old git who thinks he owns Penzance.
All I can say is you are all missing out on bargains. Not me and the happy
customers. Roll on Cornwall Electricals Ltd."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 24, 4:04 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from (Steve Firth) contains these words:

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
Fair play to the bloke behind Cornwall Electricals if he's trying to
work his way out of that ********, but there's a string of unhappy
customers who tell their own stories about his trading habits.

Looking at the "nicholasparc" website and the Cornwall Electricals
rants here, it seems that schools in that area have a lot to answer
for. I also wonder how someone managed to raise the £40,000 he claimed
to have invested. A run down council house doesn't offer much scope
to raise capital.

In order to teach children, the schools have to get them to attend.

Doesn't seem as if that's happening...

--
AnneJ

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine
when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty
is revealed only if there is a light from within."
~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross (Swiss-American psychiatrist and author)

So all you can all comment on is my spelling well done, tell you what
if anyone would like to come and visit my store then please step
forward, i will be only to glad to show people around,also yes someone
may have hated this area but one person dosnt count for the whole of
the area im sure mr barnes will tell the truth about what really
happned in real words if only people knew what he used to do
regards cornwall electricals ltd
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 24, 5:01 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from contains these words:

So all you can all comment on is my spelling well done, tell you what
if anyone would like to come and visit my store then please step
forward, i will be only to glad to show people around,also yes someone
may have hated this area but one person dosnt count for the whole of
the area im sure mr barnes will tell the truth about what really
happned in real words if only people knew what he used to do
regards cornwall electricals ltd

I have a full-time job to do, and TWO (very successful) businesses
to run, and if you think I have time to travel the length of the
country... The one thing I _don't_ have to do is try to justify
the shortcomings of either of my companies. (AND, at 65, I'm
old enough to be your grandmother!)

--
AnneJ

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine
when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty
is revealed only if there is a light from within."
~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross (Swiss-American psychiatrist and author)

Bad language hey, rite all i can say is i have a very sucessful
company im running and i dont have time for mindless chat, your all
welcome to your own chat, but i have a company to run ill see you all
later when you come to us for all your electricals needs and believe
me you all will as we are the cheapest on the net, if you all want to
know how good our service is then please try it will even offer you
20% off your first order cod off course , so you dont even have to pay
a penny till the item is in your home, hope this helps
regards cornwall electricals ltd

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 25, 6:45*am, Edward W. Thompson
wrote:
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 09:17:35 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

snip

*if you all want to

know how good our service is then please try it will even offer you
20% off your first order cod off course , so you dont even have to pay
a penny till the item is in your home, hope this helps
regards cornwall electricals ltd

Anyone who would order from you certainly would find out how good your
service is, in short appaling.

20% off, COD, I certainly don't believe it unless you inflate the
price by an equivalent amount. *20% off at 'net pricing' would mean
you lose significant money.

My experience is you take money when the order is placed. *Default on
the contract, then place the onus on the purchaser to get their money
back from whatever credit card processor you happen to be using at the
time.

Ah edward your still there see you dont reply to my emails when you
know facts coem and see me , then we can discuss in person , seeing
you dont all i can say is have a nice life writting sad comments
regards cornwall electricals ltd
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Feb, 22:05, (Steve Firth) wrote:
wrote:
Wow your life must be really sad edward, my experience with people
like you is sad, i have a healthy honest business, who has many happy
customers
get a life before i sue for slander

The lowest watermark of a business is when someone starts trying to
forge positive reviews. It does make one wonder about the "Store
Reviews" on the website.

Store Reviews? Compare and contrast with:

http://www.thedvdforums.com/content.php?contentid=64

look familiar?

I normally keep out of spats like this but this is verging on a case
for Trading Standards.

Andrew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Wow your life must be really sad edward, my experience with people
like you is sad, i have a healthy honest business, who has many happy
customers
get a life before i sue for slander

The lowest watermark of a business is when someone starts trying to
forge positive reviews. It does make one wonder about the "Store
Reviews" on the website.

Store Reviews? Compare and contrast with:

http://www.thedvdforums.com/content.php?contentid=64

look familiar?

I normally keep out of spats like this but this is verging on a case
for Trading Standards.

Andrew

F**k me, as Gordon Ramsey would put it. There's more here as well:

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xMR-Coop%2...30826~S-1~PG-4

people are ripping off Cornwall Electrical's reviews all over the
place.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/02/2008 13:08, Andrew wrote:

Store Reviews? Compare and contrast with:

http://www.thedvdforums.com/content.php?contentid=64

look familiar?

Ouch! I suspect lots of T&C pages get "lifted" but borrowing "reviews"
is a very hooky.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/02/2008 13:08, Andrew wrote:

look familiar?

the "other half" of the reviews seem to originate from here
http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xMR-30826~MRD-30826~S-1
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 25, 1:22*pm, Andy Burns wrote:
On 25/02/2008 13:08, Andrew wrote:

look familiar?

the "other half" of the reviews seem to originate from herehttp://www.dealtime.co.uk/xMR-30826~MRD-30826~S-1

ah you are sad see you all in court, i have contacted google and all
your comments will be removed nothing wrong with my
website cheers dudes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Wow your life must be really sad edward, my experience with people
like you is sad, i have a healthy honest business, who has many happy
customers
get a life before i sue for slander

The lowest watermark of a business is when someone starts trying to
forge positive reviews. It does make one wonder about the "Store
Reviews" on the website.

Store Reviews? Compare and contrast with:

http://www.thedvdforums.com/content.php?contentid=64

look familiar?

I normally keep out of spats like this but this is verging on a case
for Trading Standards.

Verging? As far as I can tell every "Store Review" on "Cornwall
Electricals" website is a review taken from the web of other stores.

A couple of examples:

http://www.cornwallelectricals.co.uk...review-4-w.asp

"by Mrs I W,
I ordered a Zanussi 16281 washing machine on 28th January. Very
competetive price and it was delivered (to East Lothian) on 5th Feb (the
day of my choice) within the time slot advised. I was particularly
impressed with the young lad and lass who delivered it, they were
extremely courteous and pleasant. 10/10"

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xMR-30826~MRD-30826~S-1

Coop Electrical Shop: 82 Store Reviews

"by Mrs I W, 06 February 2008
I ordered a Zanussi 16281 washing machine on 28th January. Very
competetive price and it was delivered (to East Lothian) on 5th Feb (the
day of my choice) within the time slot advised. I was particularly
impressed with the young lad and lass who delivered it, they were
extremely courteous and pleasant. 10/10 for the Co-op."

http://www.cornwallelectricals.co.uk...review-4-w.asp

" LouBarlow said:
Ordered at 2.45pm and received the next day. You can't beat that."

http://www.thedvdforums.com/content.php?contentid=64

SVP Communications

Ordered at 2.45pm and received the next day. You can't beat that."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Feb 25, 1:22 pm, Andy Burns wrote:
On 25/02/2008 13:08, Andrew wrote:

look familiar?

the "other half" of the reviews seem to originate from
herehttp://www.dealtime.co.uk/xMR-30826~MRD-30826~S-1

ah you are sad see you all in court, i have contacted google and all
your comments will be removed nothing wrong with my
website cheers dudes

How strange, because Cornwall TS don't seem to agree with you. They find
quite a bit wrong with your website.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 25, 7:28*pm, "Bob Eager" wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:18:10 UTC, geoff wrote:
In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:04:10 UTC, Emil Tiades
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 05:35:17 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Feb 25, 1:22ápm, Andy Burns wrote:
On 25/02/2008 13:08, Andrew wrote:

look familiar?

the "other half" of the reviews seem to originate from
herehttp://www.dealtime.co.uk/xMR-30826~MRD-30826~S-1

ah you *are sad see you all in court, i have contacted google and all
your comments will be removed nothing wrong with my
website cheers dudes

Business a bit slack today?
You have had the time to arrange a court case, to sort things out with
Google's legal team in the course of one morning (when they are still
in bed in the US).
Never mind googlegroups, the thread is in all the usenet servers, by
the way.

Not to mention diybanter, I expect.

Except for your posts ... of course

Of course! * :-)

[I just *knew* someone would say that...]

* *http://www.diybanter.com- Hide quoted text -

Hi just to let you all know we are now shutting down cornwall
electricals ltd online and just going to work from our store, any
problems let me know, as im sure youll have a thing or two to say,
being the sort off people you are
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 25, 10:04*pm, "Bob Eager" wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:52:11 UTC, Emil Tiades
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:28:27 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Hi just to let you all know we are now shutting down cornwall
electricals ltd online and just going to work from our store, any
problems let me know, as im sure youll have a thing or two to say,
being the sort off people you are

Cops came round, uh?

That'd be the Parkhurst store?
* *http://www.diybanter.com

no the cops didnt come round, cos we done nothing wrong
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 13, 7:41*am, Edward W. Thompson
wrote:
Just a warning re Cornwall Electricals. *TransX their credit card
processor has withdrawn their support for this online vendor due to
non delivery of puchased items and non response to customers. *This
online vendor' seems to be very close to fraudulent practices and in
my opinion *is best avoided.

JUST TO ADVISE THAT THEY HAVE BEEN RAIDED THIS WEEK THE OPERATION HAS
BEEN SHUT DOWN HENCE NO MORE WEB SITE, WE KNOW THIS TO BE FACT AS WE
HAVE BE IN CONSTANT CONTACT WITH THE POLICE, AT LAST ANOTHER GANG OF
FRAUDSTERS ARE OFF THE STREETS !!!!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just a warning re Cornwall Electricals. *TransX their credit card
processor has withdrawn their support for this online vendor due to
non delivery of puchased items and non response to customers. *This
online vendor' seems to be very close to fraudulent practices and in
my opinion *is best avoided.

JUST TO ADVISE THAT THEY HAVE BEEN RAIDED THIS WEEK THE OPERATION HAS
BEEN SHUT DOWN HENCE NO MORE WEB SITE, WE KNOW THIS TO BE FACT AS WE
HAVE BE IN CONSTANT CONTACT WITH THE POLICE, AT LAST ANOTHER GANG OF
FRAUDSTERS ARE OFF THE STREETS !!!!

just to let you all know if you need any information then then please
contact dc goldsmith at penzance police sttionafor update on orders etc