Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default Prescott...

Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Bacon wrote:
Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

But apparently he is to still have his title.
So the ODPM website will not be run by the DPM ?
Huh ?
They'll have to rename the acronym, um, something like "office of the
dim-witted or purposefully mad".
By the way, what whitehall departement had building regs before
Mr Prescott ?
Also, I hate the way the London broadcasters call him "Mr Prescut".
Thats a letter 'o' on there.
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Chris Bacon wrote:

Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

Not only - the ODPM will be restructured, renamed, broken up and the
crappier bits given to Ruth Kelly as a punishment.

That leaves John free to eat all the pies and pursue his other "hobbies".

Until they need to wheel him out for the Gateheads campaign come the general
election.

Surprised Hewitt kept her job - also surprised Straw lost his.

As to stupid laws, wouldn't be surprised if teh bit of the ODPM that handles
building regs were revived and given to Clarke, after a suitably contrite
period of course.

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
Chris Bacon wrote:

Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

Not only - the ODPM will be restructured, renamed, broken up and the
crappier bits given to Ruth Kelly as a punishment.

That leaves John free to eat all the pies and pursue his other "hobbies".

Until they need to wheel him out for the Gateheads campaign come the
general
election.

Surprised Hewitt kept her job - also surprised Straw lost his.

surmise
Eh! Our Tone! It says in the 'Echo' that Straw bloke, has taken Condeleeza
to the Philoharmonic 'all!
I shudda done that ... I'm from the 'pool!

Well mon cheries he _is_ the Foreign Secretary!

That can be fixed!
/surmise

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bookworm

Chris Bacon wrote:
Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

He doesnt make the stupid laws its the stupid bloody Civil Servants
that cant see further than the ends of their arses.

Its plonkers like Prescott that signs them and puts them before
Parliament. If they work Prescott takes the credit. If they go 'tits
up' the Civil Servants get the blame.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry

On 5 May 2006 14:38:56 +0200, Chris Bacon
wrote:

Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

As it now appears we now have a rabid religious fundamentalist in
charge of such things I suspect it will get much worse. Electricity
will have to reverse itself on Fridays and gravity will be repealed.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin

And as Prescott was shagging the civil servant, the tits-ups and cock-ups
were literal, metaphorical and, now, hardly surprising. And the fat
******* gets to keep his salary........

"Bookworm" wrote in message
ups.com...
Chris Bacon wrote:
Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

He doesnt make the stupid laws its the stupid bloody Civil Servants
that cant see further than the ends of their arses.

Its plonkers like Prescott that signs them and puts them before
Parliament. If they work Prescott takes the credit. If they go 'tits
up' the Civil Servants get the blame.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer

On 5 May 2006 08:27:55 -0700 Bookworm wrote :
Its plonkers like Prescott that signs them and puts them before
Parliament. If they work Prescott takes the credit. If they go 'tits
up' the Civil Servants get the blame.

The same argument is rehearsed in today's Telegraph for hiring
management consultants.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.12 released 8 Dec 2005]

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Tim S contains these words:

That leaves John free to eat all the pies and pursue his other "hobbies".

Mistress. Noun. Item found between a minister and a mattress.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

wrote:

Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

As it now appears we now have a rabid religious fundamentalist in
charge of such things I suspect it will get much worse. Electricity
will have to reverse itself on Fridays and gravity will be repealed.

But the barbed wire on her thigh is nothing to do with masochism - if last
night's programme on the Da Vinci Code is to be believed. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .

That leaves John free to eat all the
pies and pursue his other "hobbies".

If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his alone.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Bookworm" wrote in message
ups.com...
Chris Bacon wrote:
Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

He doesnt make the stupid laws its the stupid bloody Civil Servants
that cant see further than the ends of their arses.

Its plonkers like Prescott that signs them and puts them before
Parliament. If they work Prescott takes the credit. If they go 'tits
up' the Civil Servants get the blame.

You got it. Always been like that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian White

Bookworm wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

He doesnt make the stupid laws its the stupid bloody Civil Servants
that cant see further than the ends of their arses.

Its plonkers like Prescott that signs them and puts them before
Parliament. If they work Prescott takes the credit.

PMs of both parties have appointed a DPM as a way to neutralize the
opposite wing. The problem with is that it's only a title, not a
function. That is the basic reason why the civil servants at the ODPM
have been forever looking around for make-work projects, to make their
boss look busy.

There is some of that tendency in every government department, but it
has been far worse in the ODPM because it never had any real reason to
exist.

When the ODPM is broken up, the same civil servants will take their
present responsibilities with them. But once they have been moved to a
department that has some real reason to exist, let's hope they will be
given some real work to do as well.

--
Ian White

Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

wrote:

Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

As it now appears we now have a rabid religious fundamentalist in
charge of such things I suspect it will get much worse. Electricity
will have to reverse itself on Fridays and gravity will be repealed.

that /is/ worrying, isn't it ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On Fri, 05 May 2006 17:53:13 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

wrote:

Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

As it now appears we now have a rabid religious fundamentalist in
charge of such things I suspect it will get much worse. Electricity
will have to reverse itself on Fridays and gravity will be repealed.

But the barbed wire on her thigh is nothing to do with masochism - if last
night's programme on the Da Vinci Code is to be believed. ;-)

So any underling found between her thighs will claim to be
patriotically "hanging on the old barbed wire".
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hamhoff

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .

That leaves John free to eat all the
pies and pursue his other "hobbies".

If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his
alone.

Not if he ruins governmental blotting paper in the process!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Guy King wrote:
Mistress. Noun. Item found between a minister and a mattress.

Minister? Mister IIRC, unless I'm being dense.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Chris Bacon contains these words:

Mistress. Noun. Item found between a minister and a mattress.

Minister? Mister IIRC, unless I'm being dense.

Well, he's still the Deputy Prime Minister.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Fri, 5 May 2006 17:56:40 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Tim S" wrote in message
. ..

That leaves John free to eat all the
pies and pursue his other "hobbies".

If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his alone.

Fine, provided that he does it on his own time and his own premises
and not the ones that I am paying for.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Fri, 05 May 2006 17:34:58 +0100, Tony Bryer
wrote:

On 5 May 2006 08:27:55 -0700 Bookworm wrote :
Its plonkers like Prescott that signs them and puts them before
Parliament. If they work Prescott takes the credit. If they go 'tits
up' the Civil Servants get the blame.

The same argument is rehearsed in today's Telegraph for hiring
management consultants.

The scourge of society. Worse than politicians. No responsibility
for decisions either.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4971428.stmOn 5 May 2006
14:38:56 +0200, Chris Bacon wrote:

Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

He has a new job from today

Mechanical elephant visit looms

A huge mechanical elephant weighing 42 tonnes is due to thunder
through central London, closing roads and drawing thousands of
spectators.

The 40ft elephant will start parading through streets on Friday, part
of a four-day street theatre show by French arts company Royal de
Luxe.

There's even an 18ft girl with it, so he hasn't learned his lesson.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Guy King wrote:

The message
from Chris Bacon contains these words:

Mistress. Noun. Item found between a minister and a mattress.

Minister? Mister IIRC, unless I'm being dense.

Well, he's still the Deputy Prime Minister.

In name only. He got that title cos no one would dare go up against him
when our president was out of the country, cosying up to Bush.
After all, if he can get away with chinning a member of public, how far
up the scale of offences does he have to go before he is prosecuted?

Now that B Liar has had a drubbing at the polls, he has sacked/moved
certain of his government, but that, in the words of H. Bogart, ammounts
to a hill of beans.

The only thing that this government is good at is,

drawing lines under things, (I wonder if that is in crayon?) or saying
something like 'that is a private mater', or 'that we must move on...)

No wonder voters either didn't vote (as happened in my area, 30% turn
out and has always been a strong labour vote), or has voted UKIP/NF.

Blair one, or Blair 2. What is the difference between them? (Brown/Cameron)

If I had the chance to vote UKIP or NF at the local poll, I would have
chosen either of them.

It's time we brought our politicians back into line. We are supposed to
live in a democracy, but tell me what that means in 2006, now that ID
cards are wanted by the govmint, that lets in over 30,000 EU workers and
doesn't know if they have gone back home

Dave

I hope this means sense.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

"Tim S" wrote in message

That leaves John free to eat all the
pies and pursue his other "hobbies".

If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his
alone.

Not if he ruins governmental blotting paper in the process!

Having signed the Official Secrets act to the level of UK Eyes B, (this
would be one level above the DPM) I wonder what secrets she had on her
arse, imprinted from the blotter, that she could have sold to the
outside world?

Has anyone considered this aspect?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .

That leaves John free to eat all the
pies and pursue his other "hobbies".

If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his
alone.

Go to him Drivel, go to him now, he needs your warm embrace more than ever.
If you search deep, deep within him, you may find...

Four shags a night,
Three different birds,
Two Jaguars,
And a half eaten mouldy pork pie.

[To the tune of "Twelve Days of Christmas", with thanks to
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...ws/news1.shtml
and others, so sue them for libel then!]

"Ode to the Prescott Fan Club: Presiding, and only member, Dr Drivel"
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

I always thought DPM meant damp proof membrane till I discovered
Prescott under the floor.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Tim S wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .

That leaves John free to eat all the
pies and pursue his other "hobbies".

If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his
alone.

Go to him Drivel, go to him now, he needs your warm embrace more than ever.
If you search deep, deep within him, you may find...

Four shags a night,
Three different birds,
Two Jaguars,
And a half eaten mouldy pork pie.

Oh, and there I was thinking to were going to say 'his prostate gland'

;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC

Chris Bacon wrote:
Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

with Ruth Kelly instead? not much change I think.

--
David Clark
http://www.publishing.ucl.ac.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Herber

On Fri, 05 May 2006 23:10:58 +0100, Tim S wrote:

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .

That leaves John free to eat all the
pies and pursue his other "hobbies".

If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his
alone.

Go to him Drivel, go to him now

I think he's already gone.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Edward W. Thompson

wrote:

Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

He seems to have come out of it reasonably well, other than a bruised
ego. He loses his administrative responsibilities but gets to keep
his salary as DPM. What exactly does he do to 'justify' his inflated
salary seeing he is just about as worthless as can be?

No doubt his supporters in this group (Drivel et al) will be able to
enlighten us from the gutter that they appear to share with Mr
Prescott.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

On Fri, 05 May 2006 21:24:29 +0100 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his alone.

Fine, provided that he does it on his own time and his own premises
and not the ones that I am paying for.

Indeed. My attention has been drawn to "the Sun" today and for once
I agree entirely with them, "Now we're ALL being screwed".

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006200988,00.html

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

wrote this:-

If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his
alone.

Fine, provided that he does it on his own time and his own premises
and not the ones that I am paying for.

Indeed. My attention has been drawn to "the Sun" today and for once
I agree entirely with them, "Now we're ALL being screwed".

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006200988,00.html

Jammy *******... Right, I'm phoning the Labour Party - I'll ask if they've
got any opening for useless fat slobs at 600k, I can act!

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Tim S wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .

That leaves John free to eat all the
pies and pursue his other "hobbies".
If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his
alone.

Go to him Drivel, go to him now, he needs your warm embrace more than
ever. If you search deep, deep within him, you may find...

Four shags a night,
Three different birds,
Two Jaguars,
And a half eaten mouldy pork pie.

Oh, and there I was thinking to were going to say 'his prostate gland'

;-)

Ow, bad images...

hehe
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

wrote this:-

If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his
alone.

Fine, provided that he does it on his own time and his own premises
and not the ones that I am paying for.

Indeed. My attention has been drawn to "the Sun" today and for once
I agree entirely with them, "Now we're ALL being screwed".

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006200988,00.html

Jammy *******... Right, I'm phoning the Labour Party - I'll ask if they've
got any opening for useless fat slobs at 600k, I can act!

Tim

Which bits would you need to act? ;-)

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

wrote this:-

If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his
alone.

Fine, provided that he does it on his own time and his own premises
and not the ones that I am paying for.

Indeed. My attention has been drawn to "the Sun" today and for once
I agree entirely with them, "Now we're ALL being screwed".

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006200988,00.html

Jammy *******... Right, I'm phoning the Labour Party - I'll ask if they've
got any opening for useless fat slobs at 600k, I can act!

Tim

Which bits would you need to act? ;-)

I *can* eat all the pies too, especially for 600k!

:-
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

wrote:

Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of
any more stupid laws, I wonder.

He seems to have come out of it reasonably well, other than a bruised
ego. He loses his administrative responsibilities but gets to keep
his salary as DPM. What exactly does he do to 'justify' his inflated
salary seeing he is just about as worthless as can be?

He's an Old Labour souvenir.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Hamhoff" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .

That leaves John free to eat all the
pies and pursue his other "hobbies".

If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his
alone.

Not if he ruins governmental blotting paper in the process!

He hasn't. He just had a shag.