Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Prescott...

"Edward W. Thompson" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 May 2006 14:45:28 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
through a haze of senile flatulence wrote:

In article ,
Mr X wrote:
But to suggest involving the law in a bit of nookie between consenting
adults is going back to the dark ages. And says far more about those
who
suggest the law should be involved than the act itself.

Circularity. It happens to be the law. Misconduct in a Public Office is
a very old common-law criminal offence.

Then it's about time it was repealed or forgotten, like dunking witches in
the village pond.

I've already commented on all the points regarding that particular
topic.

Good for you.

Goodbye!

And the same to you. Now **** off back to where you came from.

You've been made to look

If Johnny has a shag that is his business, and his alone. I bet you peep
into the cars on lovers lanes, don't you? More interested in other people
shagging.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Doctor Drivel

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Brian Sharrock wrote:
'Tone' has promised Prescott that he will receive his perks, pay and
pension, so two-Jags will laugh all the way to the bank ... and the
Revenue would like us all to form an orderly queue as we continue to
pay for him.

The question remains (unanswered) why?

Probably to give Brown the pleasure of sacking him?

You honestly think Gordon will ever get to number ten? For a couple of
weeks maybe..
There is a ****load of economic trouble boiling up:

You just made that up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Doctor Drivel

"The Todal" wrote in message

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Mr X wrote:
The fact that you take the attitude that you do in respect of Prescott's
misbehaviour speaks volumes for your own low standards of personal
behaviour, IMO.

How comfortable is your pulpit?

The topic of Prescott inevitably came up on
Question Time on tv last night. As Heseltine said (I paraphrase) having an
adulterous affair does not in itself justify being sacked. But making
yourself and the office of Deputy Prime Minister a nationwide laughing
stock, should do.

He hasn't made a laughing stock at all. All he did was have a shag, which
is his business. It is Little Middle Englanders who want top know about the
shagging.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
John Rumm

Doctor Drivel wrote:

The topic of Prescott inevitably came up on
Question Time on tv last night. As Heseltine said (I paraphrase)
having an adulterous affair does not in itself justify being sacked.
But making yourself and the office of Deputy Prime Minister a
nationwide laughing stock, should do.

He hasn't made a laughing stock at all. All he did was have a shag,

Yes you are right, to be fair he was a laughing stock long before this
episode.

which is his business. It is Little Middle Englanders who want top know
about the shagging.

You can probably understand that since it is little middle england that
is paying the best part of 600K / year to allow him this priviledge.
Still nice work if you can get it I suppose.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

The topic of Prescott inevitably came up on
Question Time on tv last night. As Heseltine said (I paraphrase) having
an adulterous affair does not in itself justify being sacked. But making
yourself and the office of Deputy Prime Minister a nationwide laughing
stock, should do.

He hasn't made a laughing stock at all. All he did was have a shag,

Yes you are right, to be fair he was a laughing stock long before this
episode.

which is his business. It is Little Middle Englanders who want to know
about the shagging.

You can probably understand that since it is little middle england that is
paying the best part of 600K / year to allow him this priviledge.

It is not their business if he has a shag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
The Todal

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

The topic of Prescott inevitably came up on
Question Time on tv last night. As Heseltine said (I paraphrase) having
an adulterous affair does not in itself justify being sacked. But
making yourself and the office of Deputy Prime Minister a nationwide
laughing stock, should do.

He hasn't made a laughing stock at all. All he did was have a shag,

Yes you are right, to be fair he was a laughing stock long before this
episode.

which is his business. It is Little Middle Englanders who want to know
about the shagging.

You can probably understand that since it is little middle england that
is paying the best part of 600K / year to allow him this priviledge.

It is not their business if he has a shag.

It is their business if he seduces a subordinate and has sex in his office
during working hours. It is their business if he attracts press attention
that disparages him and the office which he holds.

I think Clinton should have resigned when the Lewinsky story came out, but
perhaps others believe that Clinton was such a brilliant and talented man,
doing such good work for the nation, that it was right to turn a blind eye
to his regular demands for a blowjob from any attractive women who worked in
his office, and his lies under oath when asked about such matters. Clinton,
after all, was in charge of the most powerful nation on earth and could not
have been easily replaced. Prescott could have been replaced by a box of
paperclips or a tub of margarine. It turns out that whatever it was he was
doing, writing memos or fiddling about with the conveyancing rules, could
easily be re-allocated to other cabinet members leaving him with more time
to spend with his Jaguars while he counts the money pouring into his account
from the nation's coffers.

Prescott's only talent was loyalty, unquestioning loyalty to Tony.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/vote2001/hi/en...00/1336317.stm

"I want to say something to you about John Prescott. You could not wish for
a deputy more loyal, more true and more decent. "

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

The topic of Prescott inevitably came up on
Question Time on tv last night. As Heseltine said (I paraphrase)
having an adulterous affair does not in itself justify being sacked.
But making yourself and the office of Deputy Prime Minister a
nationwide laughing stock, should do.

He hasn't made a laughing stock at all. All he did was have a shag,

Yes you are right, to be fair he was a laughing stock long before this
episode.

which is his business. It is Little Middle Englanders who want to know
about the shagging.

You can probably understand that since it is little middle england that
is paying the best part of 600K / year to allow him this priviledge.

It is not their business if he has a shag.

It is their business

Not at all. Johnny having a shag with a consenting shagger is not our
business. The minds of Little Middle England. I don't know.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Palindr˜»me

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Doctor Drivel wrote:

[...]

But not a civil servant reliant on him for annual reports, promotion,
etc, in competition with other civil servants.

Who knows - maybe he even threatened her that she would be transferred
to the Home Office, if she didn't play ball?

--
Sue

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Homer2911

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"legin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dr Drivel wrote;
Matt, have you looked in this alleged black book? Where is it kept?
What
did it say?

Hmm,

Legin have you been trying have a shag as well?

There never was a more appropriately named poster than Dr Drivel -
discuss

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Homer2911 wrote:

There never was a more appropriately named poster than Dr Drivel -
discuss

Could we discuss something more controversial? Like is water really wet?

Still he must be due a name change shortly, not had one is a while.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Doctor Drivel

"Palindr?me" wrote in message

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Doctor Drivel wrote:

[...]

But not

Johnny having a shag with a consenting shagger is not our business, no
matter what narrow minded Little Middle England thinks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Homer2911" wrote in message
oups.com...

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"legin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dr Drivel wrote;
Matt, have you looked in this alleged black book? Where is it kept?
What
did it say?

Hmm,

Legin have you been trying have a shag as well?

There never was a more appropriately named poster than Dr Drivel -
discuss

Nothing to discuss. Johnny shagging is Johnny's business and no one else's.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Homer2911 wrote:

There never was a more appropriately named poster than Dr Drivel -
discuss

Could we discuss something more controversial? Like is water really wet?

Still he must be due a name change shortly, not had one is a while.

Yurs should be appropriate: Essex Chav.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger

The message
from John Rumm contains these words:

There never was a more appropriately named poster than Dr Drivel -
discuss

Could we discuss something more controversial? Like is water really wet?

Still he must be due a name change shortly, not had one is a while.

I thought it showed at least a trace of a sense of humour when he
changed from Dr Evil to Dr Drivel in line with how most of us referred
to him. But will he change to Dribble or even Dr Dribble?

--
Roger Chapman
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Could we discuss something more controversial? Like is water really wet?

Still he must be due a name change shortly, not had one is a while.

Yurs should be appropriate: Essex Chav.

I have no need to hind behind an assumed identity.

What is your excuse?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Mr X

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

Johnny having a shag with a consenting shagger is not our business, no
matter what narrow minded Little Middle England thinks.

Mindless repetition.

You are Bob Brenchley and I claim my five pounds
--
Mr X
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Could we discuss something more controversial? Like is water really wet?

Still he must be due a name change shortly, not had one is a while.

Yurs should be appropriate: Essex Chav.

I have no need to hind behind an assumed identity.

Then why are you using Rumm when you are an Essex Chav?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from John Rumm contains these words:

There never was a more appropriately named poster than Dr Drivel -
discuss

Could we discuss something more controversial? Like is water really wet?

Still he must be due a name change shortly, not had one is a while.

I thought

snip inane babble

Roger Chapman

Roger, do you still hear the voices?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr X

In article , Edward W.
Thompson writes

Recent records (prosecutions) indicate it is not lawful for the lower
levels of public servants to misbehave ( engage in sex in this case)
while on duty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/4720014.stm

"A police constable has admitted having sex with a woman when he should
have been on patrol in Merseyside.

James Ruddock, 35, pleaded guilty at Liverpool Crown Court to misconduct
in public office on Thursday.

But he admitted having sex with a woman at her home when he should have
been on patrol and will be sentenced at a later date."

One instance of many...
--
Mr X
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Roger wrote:

I thought it showed at least a trace of a sense of humour when he
changed from Dr Evil to Dr Drivel in line with how most of us referred
to him. But will he change to Dribble or even Dr Dribble?

Na, he should change it to "prescott" ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mr X wrote:
Recent records (prosecutions) indicate it is not lawful for the lower
levels of public servants to misbehave ( engage in sex in this case)
while on duty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/4720014.stm

"A police constable has admitted having sex with a woman when he should
have been on patrol in Merseyside.

James Ruddock, 35, pleaded guilty at Liverpool Crown Court to misconduct
in public office on Thursday.

But he admitted having sex with a woman at her home when he should have
been on patrol and will be sentenced at a later date."

One instance of many...

What evidence have you that Prescott was shagging while actually on duty
and not in his lunch break, etc?

But perhaps proof of such things doesn't matter to you?

--
*I love cats...they taste just like chicken.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr X

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes

In article ,
Mr X wrote:
Recent records (prosecutions) indicate it is not lawful for the lower
levels of public servants to misbehave ( engage in sex in this case)
while on duty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/4720014.stm

"A police constable has admitted having sex with a woman when he should
have been on patrol in Merseyside.

James Ruddock, 35, pleaded guilty at Liverpool Crown Court to misconduct
in public office on Thursday.

But he admitted having sex with a woman at her home when he should have
been on patrol and will be sentenced at a later date."

One instance of many...

What evidence have you that Prescott was shagging while actually on duty
and not in his lunch break, etc?

That is the purpose of an investigation -- to find out if allegations of
criminal offences have any substance. You really are rather thick,
aren't you?

But perhaps proof of such things doesn't matter to you?

As above.
--
Mr X
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mr X wrote:
What evidence have you that Prescott was shagging while actually on
duty and not in his lunch break, etc?

That is the purpose of an investigation -- to find out if allegations of
criminal offences have any substance. You really are rather thick,
aren't you?

Since the police have ruled out any investigation it's safe to assume he
was shagging in his rest time while at work.

But doesn't that make you the thick one since it's old news?

--
*Can atheists get insurance for acts of God? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
The Natural Philosopher

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
You honestly think Gordon will ever get to number ten? For a couple of
weeks maybe..
There is a ****load of economic trouble boiling up: Gordon can't escape
it...by the time he's in the frame, his name will be mud.

That rumour has been around for what - 10 years?

What rumour?

This is almost as near fact as any economic prediction can be.

Whatever happens at the next election Laber won't have an overall
majority. They may not even have ANY majority.

I suspect a liberal conservative alliance would be the most likely outcome.

If the Torys don't win outright..
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Roger wrote:

I thought it showed at least a trace of a sense of humour when he
changed from Dr Evil to Dr Drivel in line with how most of us referred
to him. But will he change to Dribble or even Dr Dribble?

Na, he should change it to "prescott" ;-)

It is clear you should adopt Johnny's stance and have a shag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Mr X wrote:
Recent records (prosecutions) indicate it is not lawful for the lower
levels of public servants to misbehave ( engage in sex in this case)
while on duty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/4720014.stm

"A police constable has admitted having sex with a woman when he should
have been on patrol in Merseyside.

James Ruddock, 35, pleaded guilty at Liverpool Crown Court to misconduct
in public office on Thursday.

But he admitted having sex with a woman at her home when he should have
been on patrol and will be sentenced at a later date."

One instance of many...

What evidence have you that Prescott
was shagging while actually on duty
and not in his lunch break, etc?

He has no set times of work, at time working way into the night and at
weekends. Tory MPs only devoted 25%, or less, of their time to government as
they were more concerned with running own businesses. They regarded being
an MP as a part time thing. Prescott picked up on Heseltine's lack of
attendance when he was dpm.

So, Johnny can have a shag any time he likes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
There is a ****load of economic trouble boiling up: Gordon can't
escape it...by the time he's in the frame, his name will be mud.

That rumour has been around for what - 10 years?

What rumour?

Your one that I was replying to. ;-) Same as the house prices crash.

--
*Why is the word abbreviation so long?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Doctor Drivel

"The Natural Philosopher" a snotty uni person wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) through a haze of senile flatulence wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
You honestly think Gordon will ever get to number ten? For a couple of
weeks maybe..
There is a ****load of economic trouble boiling up: Gordon can't escape
it...by the time he's in the frame, his name will be mud.

That rumour has been around for what - 10 years?

What rumour?

This is almost as near fact as any economic prediction can be.

A fact is a fact. It is or it is not. A near fact? Wow. Is this like,
near lie - a lie that wasn't a lie but might have been if lies were told?
This must be snotty uni logic. As the senile one said for 10 years we have
heard all this crap out economic collapses, a house price crash, etc. None
of it ever came near. The CBI have moved their headquarters from Centre
point to near the Labour Party headquarters. I wonder why?

If the Torys don't win outright..

Wishful thinking from the snotty uni one. The people of the country
remember the utter incompetence of the Tories and political spite they
always engage in. A bunch of weirdoes obsessed with petty snobbery. Look at
the piece on the Skylon:
http://www.skyscrapernews.com/lost_wonders.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr X

Mr X wrote:
What evidence have you that Prescott was shagging while actually on
duty and not in his lunch break, etc?

That is the purpose of an investigation -- to find out if allegations of
criminal offences have any substance. You really are rather thick,
aren't you?

Since the police have ruled out any investigation it's safe to assume he
was shagging in his rest time while at work.

You can assume whatever you like in your cosy little fantasy world.

But doesn't that make you the thick one since it's old news?

It makes *you* a troll, that's for sure.
--
Mr X
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
[Prescott]
Since the police have ruled out any investigation it's safe to assume he
was shagging in his rest time while at work.

Shades of Monty Python... and the TSB, IIRC.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Chris Bacon

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Whatever happens at the next election Laber won't have an overall
majority. They may not even have ANY majority.

I suspect a liberal conservative alliance would be the most likely outcome.

Oh dear. Dr. Drivel's dream come true.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod

John Rumm wrote in news:44686f52$0$558
:

Roger wrote:

I thought it showed at least a trace of a sense of humour when he
changed from Dr Evil to Dr Drivel in line with how most of us referred
to him. But will he change to Dribble or even Dr Dribble?

Na, he should change it to "prescott" ;-)

Sort of merging ideas I came up with "Two Ascots" for his new tag.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Roger wrote:

I thought it showed at least a trace of a sense of humour when he
changed from Dr Evil to Dr Drivel in line with how most of us referred
to him. But will he change to Dribble or even Dr Dribble?

Na, he should change it to "prescott" ;-)

Sort of merging ideas I came up with "Two Ascots" for his new tag.

Wow! Fancy walking around with a name like Rod.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Edward W. Thompson

On Mon, 15 May 2006 18:31:39 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Mr X wrote:
What evidence have you that Prescott was shagging while actually on
duty and not in his lunch break, etc?

That is the purpose of an investigation -- to find out if allegations of
criminal offences have any substance. You really are rather thick,
aren't you?

Since the police have ruled out any investigation it's safe to assume he
was shagging in his rest time while at work.

It was my understanding (source Newspaper) that the Police ruled it
was an inappropriate use of Police resources. It appears there has
been no investigation. The question is why? It appears when other
civil servants engage in similar practice the Police do investigate,
i.e. it an 'appropriate use of resources'.

From the account of his 'partner' in this, it does appear some of the
activities did in fact take place during 'on duty' time although I
would have thought Cabinet Ministers are always on duty.

But doesn't that make you the thick one since it's old news?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Edward W. Thompson wrote:
Since the police have ruled out any investigation it's safe to assume he
was shagging in his rest time while at work.

It was my understanding (source Newspaper) that the Police ruled it
was an inappropriate use of Police resources. It appears there has
been no investigation. The question is why? It appears when other
civil servants engage in similar practice the Police do investigate,
i.e. it an 'appropriate use of resources'.

From the account of his 'partner' in this, it does appear some of the
activities did in fact take place during 'on duty' time although I
would have thought Cabinet Ministers are always on duty.

If a cabinet minister is always on duty then shagging his wife at any time
would satisfy 'misconduct in public office'...

--
*A day without sunshine is like... night.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

If a cabinet minister is always on duty then shagging his wife at any time
would satisfy 'misconduct in public office'...

Perhaps that is why they spend so much time shagging each other, their
secretaries, and the country then?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
If a cabinet minister is always on duty then shagging his wife at any
time would satisfy 'misconduct in public office'...

Perhaps that is why they spend so much time shagging each other, their
secretaries, and the country then?

Yes - put them on a 40 hour week so they can't do so much harm.

--
*I'm not your type. I'm not inflatable.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
If a cabinet minister is always on duty then shagging his wife at any time
would satisfy 'misconduct in public office'...

Why?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Chris Bacon wrote:
If a cabinet minister is always on duty then shagging his wife at any
time would satisfy 'misconduct in public office'...

Why?

You can't be attending to your work while otherwise occupied?

--
*The colder the X-ray table, the more of your body is required on it *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
If a cabinet minister is always on duty then shagging his wife at any
time would satisfy 'misconduct in public office'...

Why?

You can't be attending to your work while otherwise occupied?

That activity is relatively normal between married
couples (!?). The misconduct is in "carrying on"
outside his marriage, whilst he's "in office" as
well as, reportedly, "in the office". That's what
Dribble doesn't agree with.

If he's not "attending to his work while otherwise
occupied", then that could also apply to his other
activities - eating up all those pies, for instance.