Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bargains

Default Fein Multimaster - Is there a cheaper alternative

I'm looking at the Fein Multimaster to do a few jobs:-

Cut out sections of skirting board.

Cut out small sections of sheet (chipboard) flooring

I've seen the Fein Multimaster in action & was very impressed.

But at about £150 are there any alternative brands???

Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 00:39:59 GMT, "Bargains"
wrote:

I'm looking at the Fein Multimaster to do a few jobs:-

Cut out sections of skirting board.

Cut out small sections of sheet (chipboard) flooring

I've seen the Fein Multimaster in action & was very impressed.

But at about £150 are there any alternative brands???

Cheers

I find that I use mine a lot - probably more than any other power
tool. You mentioned cutting, but then there are various forms of
sanding, scraping and other capabilities.

I looked long and hard for an alternative, and have not seen anything
as good and with the same action.

As far as I'm concerned, the Fein has definitely earned its keep.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Bargains" wrote in message
I'm looking at the Fein Multimaster to do a few jobs:-

Cut out sections of skirting board.

Cut out small sections of sheet (chipboard) flooring

I've seen the Fein Multimaster in action & was very impressed.

But at about £150 are there any alternative brands???

Do Google there was a recent thread on this. Discs are available for angle
drills to cut skirting.
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...35&src=froogle
Also one of the rotothingies will cut out the floor. These are available in
most sheds quite cheaply now. I saw one for £17 in Aldi recently.
Screwfix Ferm No. 12875 The B&Q PP Pro is better all around and it comes
with a circle cutter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Bargains wrote:

I'm looking at the Fein Multimaster to do a few jobs:-

Cut out sections of skirting board.

Cut out small sections of sheet (chipboard) flooring

I've seen the Fein Multimaster in action & was very impressed.

But at about ï½£150 are there any alternative brands???

I have not seen any comparable tool other than an Austrailian version on
sterroids that is good for removing bricks and tree lopping etc, but
those are 700 quid!

There are other ways of doing the jobs... cutting the skirting is the
most tricky. A hand tool like the Azebiki saw from Axminster would make
a neat enough job for most of the cut - you may need a sharp chisel to
finish. You could also do a rougher cut with a reciprocating saw.
Possibly even a jigsay using a snapped off flush cut blade.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...ile= 1&jump=0

Access under the floor can be done very will with a jig made by Trend
called the Routabout that you use with a router. It cuts a neat circular
acces hole. You then take the material removed, slot it into one of the
purpose made frames, and it then snaps back into the floor as a little
access hatch you can open again in future should you need. This is
probably a better solution than using a multimaster.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...sfile=1&jump=0

There are other options for getting under the floor - snapped off blade
in a jigsaw is one (so you can cut down the middle of a joist). The
Azebiki saw would also do it.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Bargains" wrote in message
I'm looking at the Fein Multimaster to do a few jobs:-

Cut out sections of skirting board.

Cut out small sections of sheet (chipboard) flooring

I've seen the Fein Multimaster in action & was very impressed.

But at about £150 are there any alternative brands???

Do Google there was a recent thread on this. Discs are available for angle
drills to cut skirting.
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...35&src=froogle
Also one of the rotothingies will cut out the floor. These are available in
most sheds quite cheaply now. I saw one for £17 in Aldi recently.
Screwfix Ferm No. 12875 The B&Q PP Pro is better all around and it comes
with a circle cutter.

Has anybody used one, it looks a bit of a handfull. I can't imagine
that the result would be very neat except when done by an expert.

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

wrote in message
ups.com...

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Bargains" wrote in message
I'm looking at the Fein Multimaster to do a few jobs:-

Cut out sections of skirting board.

Cut out small sections of sheet (chipboard) flooring

I've seen the Fein Multimaster in action & was very impressed.

But at about £150 are there any alternative brands???

Do Google there was a recent thread on this. Discs are available for

angle
drills to cut skirting.
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...35&src=froogle
Also one of the rotothingies will cut out the floor. These are available

in
most sheds quite cheaply now. I saw one for £17 in Aldi recently.
Screwfix Ferm No. 12875 The B&Q PP Pro is better all around and it comes
with a circle cutter.

Has anybody used one, it looks a bit of a handfull.

It is just a blade on an angle drill.

I can't imagine
that the result would be very neat
except when done by an expert.

A steady hand and anyone should master it.

The Multimaster is a detail sander with extras. You can buy a detail sander
for £10. £25 gets you a good Ryobi.

£28 for this blade
£25 for a detailed sander
£17 for a Rotzip thingy form Aldi

That is: £70 max and they will all do most of what the multimaster will do,
and even more, and better too in many circumstances. A big difference to
£160

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:25:04 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

The Multimaster is a detail sander with extras.

Hardly.

Take a look at

http://www.feinmultimaster.co.uk/index.php

and

http://www.feinmultimaster.co.uk/pro...plications.htm

You can buy a detail sander
for £10.

Possibly, but nothing of any quality and certainly not like the
Multimaster in operation.

£25 gets you a good Ryobi.

No such thing.

£28 for this blade
£25 for a detailed sander
£17 for a Rotzip thingy form Aldi

That is: £70 max and they will all do most of what the multimaster will do,
and even more, and better too in many circumstances.

Such as?

A big difference to
£160

Certainly, but also comparing apples and pears.

Do you actually have a Multimaster? have you even used one?

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

The Multimaster is a detail sander with extras.

Hardly.

It is.

Take a look at

http://www.feinmultimaster.co.uk/index.php

I have already looked.

and

http://www.feinmultimaster.co.uk/pro...r/applications
..htm

You can buy a detail sander
for £10.

Possibly, but nothing of any quality and certainly not like the
Multimaster in operation.

£25 gets you a good Ryobi.

No such thing.

There is such a thing as Ryobi do make one.

£28 for this blade
£25 for a detailed sander
£17 for a Rotzip thingy form Aldi

That is: £70 max and they will all do most
of what the multimaster will do,
and even more, and better too in many
circumstances.

Such as?

A big difference to
£160

Certainly, but also comparing apples and pears.

That lot can do what the multimaster does and even more. If you need one
tool in your bag as you travel around then the multimaster is what you
carry, as in having the Wickes (Kress) drill/driver and angle drill all in
one drill package. Many tradesmen will not carry tools, although useful,
they only use occasionally.

Do you actually have a Multimaster?

No. need as a few other cheaper alternative does what it does, and even
more.

have you even used one?

Nope, but sen a demo. Its functionality is the point and there are cheaper
ways of achievement what it does with a variety of tools. This is DIY, not
the waste your money news group.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:
Drivel is, yet again, talking complete and utter rubbish about tools
he's never used.

I love the way he goes on about Rotazip or whatever as if it were an
accurate tool. Used freehand in most types of wood it has a mind of its
own. But he's seen a video demo and believes everything on it.

--
*Two wrongs are only the beginning *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through through a haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...
In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:
Drivel is, yet again, talking complete and utter rubbish about tools
he's never used.

I love the way he goes on about Rotazip or whatever as if it were an
accurate tool. Used freehand in most types of wood it has a mind of its
own.

Richard here is obviously a poor craftsman. They don't let him near sharp
things in the home.

** snip senile drivel **

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
Bargains wrote:

I'm looking at the Fein Multimaster to do a few jobs:-

Cut out sections of skirting board.

Cut out small sections of sheet (chipboard) flooring

There are other options for getting under the floor - snapped off blade
in a jigsaw is one (so you can cut down the middle of a joist). The
Azebiki saw would also do it.

I find a circular saw quick and easy. Just make sure you remember to
set the depth of cut so that you don't cut any pipes or cables.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

manatbandq wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Bargains wrote:
I'm looking at the Fein Multimaster to do a few jobs:-

Cut out sections of skirting board.

Cut out small sections of sheet (chipboard) flooring

There are other options for getting under the floor - snapped off blade
in a jigsaw is one (so you can cut down the middle of a joist).

Why snap a blade off? This is abuse of your tool. Use an ordinary
blade, tip the tool onto its nose, and go along like that. If you
just use a short piece of blade perpendicular to the floor, it will
play hell with the gears.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
manatbandq wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Bargains wrote:
I'm looking at the Fein Multimaster to do a few jobs:-

Cut out sections of skirting board.

Cut out small sections of sheet (chipboard) flooring

There are other options for getting under the floor - snapped off blade
in a jigsaw is one (so you can cut down the middle of a joist).

Why snap a blade off? This is abuse of your tool. Use an ordinary
blade, tip the tool onto its nose, and go along like that. If you
just use a short piece of blade perpendicular to the floor, it will
play hell with the gears.

He probably used this to rip out his wonderful forced air system.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Bacon wrote:
manatbandq wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Bargains wrote:
I'm looking at the Fein Multimaster to do a few jobs:-

Cut out sections of skirting board.

Cut out small sections of sheet (chipboard) flooring

There are other options for getting under the floor - snapped off blade
in a jigsaw is one (so you can cut down the middle of a joist).

Why snap a blade off? This is abuse of your tool. Use an ordinary
blade, tip the tool onto its nose, and go along like that. If you
just use a short piece of blade perpendicular to the floor, it will
play hell with the gears.

Please be more careful in snipping and quoting as the above could be
read as though I advocated using a snapped off blade. Someone else said
it, not me.

I don't like your method, either. It would be all too easy to get the
depth wrong and cut a cable or pipe. It could be dangerous if the blade
snags.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:56:52 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

The Multimaster is a detail sander with extras.

Hardly.

It is.

Take a look at

http://www.feinmultimaster.co.uk/index.php

I have already looked.

and

http://www.feinmultimaster.co.uk/pro...r/applications
.htm

You can buy a detail sander
for £10.

Possibly, but nothing of any quality and certainly not like the
Multimaster in operation.

£25 gets you a good Ryobi.

No such thing.

There is such a thing as Ryobi do make one.

I meant the use of the words "good" and "Ryobi" in the same sentence.
"Above average" would be more accurate.

Do you actually have a Multimaster?

No. need as a few other cheaper alternative does what it does, and even
more.

have you even used one?

Nope, but sen a demo. Its functionality is the point and there are cheaper
ways of achievement what it does with a variety of tools. This is DIY, not
the waste your money news group.

So no to both questions.

DIY does not necessarily equate to doing things on the cheap.

It is perfectly reasonable to use professional quality tools for DIY
purposes if the user wishes to do so, finds the tools better to use
and can produce a better outcome.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:56:52 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

.. .

http://www.feinmultimaster.co.uk/pro...er/application

.htm

You can buy a detail sander
for £10.

Possibly, but nothing of any quality and certainly not like the
Multimaster in operation.

£25 gets you a good Ryobi.

No such thing.

There is such a thing as Ryobi do make one.

I meant the use of the words "good" and "Ryobi" in the same sentence.
"Above average" would be more accurate.

Matt, the label whore spaketh again.

Do you actually have a Multimaster?

No. need as a few other cheaper alternative does what it does, and even
more.

have you even used one?

Nope, but sen a demo. Its functionality is the point and there are

cheaper
ways of achievement what it does with a variety of tools. This is DIY,

not
the waste your money news group.

So no to both questions.

But yes to knowing what it can do. I don't have a Shuttle, but I know what
that does as well.

DIY does not necessarily equate to doing things on the cheap.

Yep.

It is perfectly reasonable to use professional quality tools for DIY
purposes if the user wishes to do so,

Yep.

finds the tools better to use
and can produce a better outcome.

Produce a better outcome? Other cheaper ways of doing that for a DIYer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Chris Bacon wrote:
There are other options for getting under the floor - snapped off blade
in a jigsaw is one (so you can cut down the middle of a joist).

Why snap a blade off? This is abuse of your tool.

It's just a blade, for gawd's sake. They're not exactly an endangered
species.

Use an ordinary blade, tip the tool onto its nose, and go along like
that. If you just use a short piece of blade perpendicular to the floor,
it will play hell with the gears.

To me that puts more strain on the jigsaw. With the 'broken' blade - set
to give a maximum cut the thickness of the board - you still start with
the jigsaw pivoted but quickly end up with it operating normally.

--
*Succeed, in spite of management *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:56:52 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
oozed several words purporting to be english:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

Do you actually have a Multimaster?

No. need as a few other cheaper alternative does what it does, and even
more.

have you even used one?

Nope

Then you can't possibly have any reasonable chance of giving any
balanced comment on the matter. I bought one more or less based solely
on the literature that came bundled with an Axminster promotion a
couple of years ago. I took a chance as I needed a detail sander and
having relied on circular or rectangular orbital ones before the
ability to power finish right into a corner was essential for this
particular job - without making a number of customised backing plates
the air tools I had previously used just couldn't give me access (but
having said that the air motors were extremely light and also
relatively vibration free)

I had seen, and more importantly tried most that is available from the
most basic B&Q/B&D/Bosch/DeWalt/Wickes etc up to around the 200 quid
mark. With most I would end up with vibration white finger in
literally minutes, the dust extraction facilities were also usually
none existent, the finish they provided was only just passable. They
might be useful for a one off *tiny* household project but nothing
more. The "Blue" Bosch was just about ok for sanding at around 80 quid
but far less versatile than the Multimaster, and there were also
others (paying for the name) that were way too expensive at 200 quid
for nothing but a basic sander. And shock, horror, I even dismissed
Makita (although their filing sander is simply superb)

I ended up picking up the Multimaster in a cheap package as damaged
stock, in reality just the corners of the cardboard box were dented,
for around 100 quid (reduced from 140) and was still unsure if it
would be all it was cracked up to be. But the reality is for a lot of
jobs the Multimaster is way better than they claim. Having said that,
for extended use some form of anti-vibration grip/sleeve would be
extremely useful. For the job I bought it for which has specific
access issues that only the Multimaster can solve "off the shelf" it
has saved me literally hundreds of pounds and at the end of the day
that, and the quality of the finish is all that matters. The range of
the attachments is so wide I doubt you'd ever use them all but no
other manufacturer, even across a number of tools has *anything* that
comes close to the wide range of jobs it can tackle. The era of having
a bunch of half assed clone copies of dubious build quality passed me
by years ago. Others, surprisingly maybe even ones who just peer at
catalogues all day, might have lower standards and a desire for
shelves full of spare tools just in case one goes wrong but not me.

Also for (almost) invisibly lifting sections of floorboards it has to
my eyes absolutely no equal.

(no connection with any of the companies mentioned, just a satisfied
user)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Matt" aka Lord Hall wrote in message
news
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:56:52 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
oozed several words purporting to be english:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

Do you actually have a Multimaster?

No. need as a few other cheaper alternative does what it does, and even
more.

have you even used one?

Nope

Then you can't possibly have any reasonable chance of giving any
balanced comment on the matter.

Lord Hall, I can. I know what it does, and others can do that in a variety
of tools that is collectively cheaper.

I bought one more or less based solely
on the literature that came bundled with
an Axminster promotion a
couple of years ago. I took a chance as I needed a detail sander and
having relied on circular or rectangular orbital ones before the
ability to power finish right into a corner was essential for this
particular job

You bought it on chance because of its sanding abilities? £160 for a detail
sander? Lord Hall?

The era of having
a bunch of half assed clone copies of dubious build quality passed me
by years ago.

Lord Hall, what clone is there?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:26:42 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
.. .

DIY does not necessarily equate to doing things on the cheap.

Yep.

It is perfectly reasonable to use professional quality tools for DIY
purposes if the user wishes to do so,

Yep.

finds the tools better to use
and can produce a better outcome.

Produce a better outcome? Other cheaper ways of doing that for a DIYer.

What does "for a DIYer" mean? This is completely irrelevant in
terms of tools and materials chosen for a job.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:35:03 +0000, Matt
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:56:52 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
oozed several words purporting to be english:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Well said. My experience is the same with this.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:35:03 +0000, Matt aka Lord Hall
wrote:

[...]

Matt, it would be.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
.. .

DIY does not necessarily equate to doing things on the cheap.

Yep.

It is perfectly reasonable to use professional quality tools for DIY
purposes if the user wishes to do so,

Yep.

finds the tools better to use
and can produce a better outcome.

Produce a better outcome? Other cheaper ways of doing that for a DIYer.

What does "for a DIYer" mean? This is completely irrelevant in
terms of tools and materials chosen for a job.

Matt, the op wants top do some simple tasks which a multimaster is way over
the top in price, when what he wants doing can be met using cheaper tools.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:21:02 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

the op wants top do some simple tasks which a multimaster is way over
the top in price, when what he wants doing can be met using cheaper tools.

You don't know that. The comment was that he likes the Multimaster
and thinks that it will do all that he wants to do.
I can confirm that, because I have one and have done all of the jobs
mentioned with it and very well. If anything, they undersell it.

The next question is whether there is an equivalent tool available for
less money, and the answer to that one is a clear no.

The fact that you have had to scratch around to come up with a variety
of unsuitable crap (i.e. no one tool does all the things mentioned)
illustrates that point clearly. Moreover, none of them are as
effective at their individual tasks as the Multimaster doing the same
job.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

the op wants top do some simple tasks which a multimaster is way over
the top in price, when what he wants doing can be met using cheaper

tools.

You don't know that. The comment was that he likes the Multimaster
and thinks that it will do all that he wants to do.
I can confirm that, because I have one and have done all of the jobs
mentioned with it and very well. If anything, they undersell it.

The next question is whether there is an equivalent tool available for
less money, and the answer to that one is a clear no.

The fact that you have had to scratch around to come up with a variety
of unsuitable crap (i.e. no one tool does all the things mentioned)
illustrates that point clearly.

Matt, such nonsense. The tool do the specific jobs admirably.

Moreover, none of them are as
effective at their individual tasks as
the Multimaster doing the same
job.

Wrong. The multimaster is a jack of all trades and master of few.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

wrote:

[...]

I see. Exactly how do you justify that position considering that on
your own admission, you don't own one, have never touched one and have
only seen a short demo?

Bit of a tricky one really...

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

[...]

You are backing up an expensive purchase, that's all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley

wrote:

The tool do the specific jobs admirably.

Cut a wall tile in half, while still attached to the wall.

Saw out the screwhead that had worked loose from a mortice lock ,jamming
the door shut, whilst the door is still jammed shut.

Remove a glued-in windscreen (not a rubber trim) without damage.

Cut the pipes loose from a mixer tap, where the wasn't room to swing a
hacksaw.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:28:58 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Moreover, none of them are as
effective at their individual tasks as
the Multimaster doing the same
job.

Wrong. The multimaster is a jack of all trades and master of few.

I see. Exactly how do you justify that position considering that on
your own admission, you don't own one, have never touched one and have
only seen a short demo?

Bit of a tricky one really...

You are backing up an expensive purchase, that's all.

Not really. I don't need to do so.

I check into things carefully before buying - you know my criteria for
that.

Anything that doesn't do what it says on the box goes back (witness
the Scorpion saw). I don't take prisoners in regard to crappy
products or crappy service.

It's unusual that I need to return anything. This is mainly from
choosing carefully, buying on quality, functionality and servicability
and then finally on price.

Taking much longer over a piece of work, producing a poor result and
returning faulty or poorly performing product is a much more expensive
activity than buying something decent in the first place.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:32:06 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wittered and whined in his usual pathetic manner:

"Matt" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:56:52 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
oozed several words purporting to be english:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

Do you actually have a Multimaster?

No. need as a few other cheaper alternative does what it does, and even
more.

have you even used one?

Nope

Then you can't possibly have any reasonable chance of giving any
balanced comment on the matter.

Lord Hall, I can. I know what it does, and others can do that in a variety
of tools that is collectively cheaper.

No, for the specific job I was doing (and continuing to do) the
Multimaster was, and still is the ONLY tool that off the shelf
fulfilled the functionality I required.

I bought one more or less based solely
on the literature that came bundled with
an Axminster promotion a
couple of years ago. I took a chance as I needed a detail sander and
having relied on circular or rectangular orbital ones before the
ability to power finish right into a corner was essential for this
particular job

You bought it on chance because of its sanding abilities? £160 for a detail
sander? Lord Hall?

No, I bought it because of its specific sanding abilities with one
attachment that NO other sander actually offered. The fact it can also
be used for a whole host of other uses is a bonus. It also cost me 100
quid (including VAT) not 160.

The era of having
a bunch of half assed clone copies of dubious build quality passed me
by years ago.

Lord Hall, what clone is there?

Precisely no clones, no copies, even a whole bunch of tools duplicated
and triplicated from your numerous suppliers to fictional tradesmen
all over North London wouldn't ever replace it. But having never owned
one you wouldn't realise that would you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

The tool do the specific jobs admirably.

Cut a wall tile in half, while still attached to the wall.

I have done that with a rotozip thingy.

Saw out the screwhead that had worked loose from a mortice lock ,jamming
the door shut, whilst the door is still jammed shut.

Remove a glued-in windscreen (not a rubber trim) without damage.

Cut the pipes loose from a mixer tap, where the wasn't room to swing a
hacksaw.

Use an angle grinder or ratchet pipe cutter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message

Moreover, none of them are as
effective at their individual tasks as
the Multimaster doing the same
job.

Wrong. The multimaster is a jack of all trades and master of few.

I see. Exactly how do you justify that position considering that on
your own admission, you don't own one, have never touched one and have
only seen a short demo?

Bit of a tricky one really...

You are backing up an expensive purchase, that's all.

Not really.

Matt, you are

Posted to uk.d-i-y
[...]

Can't be that good, as if it was others would have copied it by now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:21:00 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Matt" aka Lord Hall wrote in message

Precisely no clones, no copies,

Can't be that good, as if it was others would have copied it by now.

A search on the US Patent office Web site will explain that various
aspects of this tool have been patented in at least the U.S. and
Europe.

- The oscillatory drive
- The motor design
- The use of these in the Multimaster and other Fein products

Go to www.uspto.gov

Select Search-Advanced Search and then use

an/(fein and gmbh)

This searches by assignee name

You will find a substantial list of U.S. patents with the others
referenced from them, e.g.

6926595, 6713929, 6099397 and so on - about 65 in all.

Perhaps if you're very good and ask Santa, he might bring you one for
Christmas......

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

"Matt" aka Lord Hall wrote in message

Precisely no clones, no copies,

Can't be that good, as if it was others would have copied it by now.

A search on the US Patent office Web site will explain that various
aspects of this tool have been patented in at least the U.S. and
Europe.

- The oscillatory drive
- The motor design
- The use of these in the Multimaster and other Fein products

They haven't patented the functionality.

Perhaps if you're very good and ask Santa, he might bring you one for
Christmas......

Down the pecking order in Santa tools at the mo'.