Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Fein Multimaster - Is there a cheaper alternative

"Matt" aka Lord Hall wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:32:06 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wittered and whined in his usual pathetic manner:

"Matt" aka Lord Hall wrote in message
news
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:56:52 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
oozed several words purporting to be english:

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
.. .

Do you actually have a Multimaster?

No. need as a few other cheaper alternative does what it does, and

even
more.

have you even used one?

Nope

Then you can't possibly have any reasonable chance of giving any
balanced comment on the matter.

Lord Hall, I can. I know what it does, and others can do that in a

variety
of tools that is collectively cheaper.

No, for the specific job I was doing (and continuing to do) the
Multimaster was, and still is the ONLY tool that off the shelf
fulfilled the functionality I required.

I bought one more or less based solely
on the literature that came bundled with
an Axminster promotion a
couple of years ago. I took a chance as I needed a detail sander and
having relied on circular or rectangular orbital ones before the
ability to power finish right into a corner was essential for this
particular job

You bought it on chance because of its sanding abilities? £160 for a

detail
sander? Lord Hall?

No, I bought it because of its specific sanding abilities with one
attachment that NO other sander actually offered. The fact it can also
be used for a whole host of other uses is a bonus. It also cost me 100
quid (including VAT) not 160.

The era of having
a bunch of half assed clone copies of dubious build quality passed me
by years ago.

Lord Hall, what clone is there?

Precisely no clones, no copies,

Can't be that good, as if it was others would have copied it by now.