Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Good answer. A look on Ebay will tell you chain winch is very cheap.

Bolt
to the rafers and pull up. Boy some people here are dumb.

Apparently so.... they might end up with a landing full of tiles and a
large hole in the roof if they follow that advice!

Highly unlikely if common sense is applied.

--
Cheers,

John.

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" who spams a lot on this news group
wrote in message ...
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" the copper industry spammer wrote

in
message ...
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

You are thick at times. I said that once below a certain depth the

temp
is
always the same. "No" seasonal changes, always the same. You could

get a
large coil of 32mm MDPE pipe, take it off the mains and bury it as

deep
as
possible in the garden. Constant mains temp all the time.

No it isn't. Do you know the consequences of "bury it as deep as
possible in the garden" are ?

Do you know at what temperature the MDPE will fail?

You are real thick at times. He wants a copper coil in there. Such a
spamming saddo.

No one said anything of the sort and copper is far better employed
elsewhere.

The implications of what you originally posted could be very dangerous

Could it blow up?

No,

Thank you

snip babbling drivel

Doctor Drivel

"John Schmitt" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:32:05 +0100, Doctor Drivel
wrote:

Back to the counter Dribble

Yes you must sell more copper as the industry is failing. Stand outside
and
shout "get your copper 'ere, get your copper 'ere". That may improve
sales.

The price of copper is rising steadily, as is the demand. China is
developing an insatiable appetite for copper. In fact, the "copper"
coinage in the UK is no longer solid copper, as its scrap value exceeds
its monetary value. It is a sandwich of steel in copper. Try a magnet. The
uses zinc as a sandwich filling in its "copper" pennies. The only way the
copper industry is failing is not keeping up with demand. Which village do
you come from? They must be sorely missing their idiot.

It wasn't a village full of Nazis.

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" dribbled down his jersey and wrote in
message ...
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

That is two separate items slapped into one frame. I believe you have

assemble it. Not the same as in a ready made box, but getting there.

They
could have at least put a case around it and made it into a full one

box
solution; bad marketing. The Duet can't deliver 380 litres in 10

minutes.
It
has 200 litres maximum.

We all get carried away with litres/min, when other times are more

relevant
to the application, like 10 mins. You could get 42 litres/min for 5

mins,
but that will not fill two baths simultaneously. ACV is a class above
Keston, and the tank-in-tank ****es all over others for re-heat. The

ACV
has
an 80 litres unvented cylinder store, which can up to 10 bar, the Duet

can't
go that high. The Keston is reduced to about 3 bar and the less the

pressure
the less the throughput. The ACV has no restriction, so a greater
throughput. The first 80 to 100 litres from the ACV will be equiv to

the
Duet. Keston is equiv. to W-Bosch. I believe the cylinder in the

Duet
is
made by Ariston.

In less time than it took you to write that Drivel my bath was filled
to overflowing at 45 deg C.

You are telling more porkies.

Back to the counter Dribble

Yes you must sell more copper as the industry is failing. Stand outside

and
shout "get your copper 'ere, get your copper 'ere". That may improve

sales.

It is selling faster than it can be produced.

Not for long in the water business, as plastic, and stainless take over.

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" in a haze of senile flatulence
wrote in message ...
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
In addition the application of a point load of 170kg
plus the weight of a chain winch to a "rafter"

You run a bar through a number of rafers to spead the weight.

What are you smoking now?

He is trying bum a ciggie now.

Boy you are dumb at times..........well all the time.

Please explain how 'you run a bar through a number of rafters'?

You have confirmed your dumbness.

John Schmitt

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:19:38 +0100, John Schmitt
dropped one:

The uses zinc as a sandwich filling in its "copper" pennies.

^^
US

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" stupidly wrote in message
John Rumm wrote:

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Good answer. A look on Ebay will tell you chain winch is very cheap.

Bolt
to the rafers and pull up. Boy some people here are dumb.

Apparently so.... they might end up with a landing full of tiles and a
large hole in the roof if they follow that advice!

That just makes the job easier ;-) Tie a rope to the 170kg lump, throw
rope over roof. One bloke climbs ladder with 170kg lump on his back
while another two pull on rope on other side of house. When 170kg lump
reaches hole in roof drop through the convenient hole.

You are clearly mad.

Doctor Drivel

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Is Mary a man?

She's more man than you'll ever be, sunshine.

All clear now. I see why Richard Cranium fancies him.

Chris Bacon

John Schmitt wrote:
In fact, the "copper" coinage in the UK is no longer solid copper

It never was, AFAIK.
Doctor Drivel

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
John Schmitt wrote:
In fact, the "copper" coinage in the UK is no longer solid copper

It never was, AFAIK.

True. The older coins had more copper and in the 1960/1970/80s during a
copper price hype, a company was gathering all the old pennies and melting
them down. It was very profitable. They bought the pennies of course.

John Schmitt

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:43:30 +0100, Doctor Drivel
wrote:
They must be sorely missing their idiot.

It wasn't a village full of Nazis.

Spoiler follows for those who object to strong language.

The reason that you are not reading this is in German is that various of
my forebears died fighting the Axis powers, you pathetic ingrate. It is
unwise to make assumptions about peoples history by their surnames. More
to the point, it is the French spelling of the name, coming from
Alsace-Lorraine (go on, do the frog jokes, tosser). Further to that, you
snivelling little turd, the forebears of five out of eight
great-grandparents arrived in the United States Without passing through
Ellis Island. That is because it had not been built yet. I have come to
expect Nazi taunts on usenet from anonymous asswipes so you are like water
off a duck's back. Now go and find the largest dildo you can, wrap it in
barbed wire (to put some DIY into this post) and go and **** yourself with
it.

John Schmitt

John Schmitt

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:16:06 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

John Schmitt wrote:
In fact, the "copper" coinage in the UK is no longer solid copper

It never was, AFAIK.

Up to at least 1859, they were pure copper, then solid copper-rich bronze
up to 1992. Then the sandwich coins were introduced.

John Schmitt

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
The older coins had more copper and in the 1960/1970/80s during a copper
price hype, a company was gathering all the old pennies and melting them
down. It was very profitable. They bought the pennies of course.

Makes no difference how they acquired them - it's illegal.

--
*I was once a millionaire but my mom gave away my baseball cards

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" who spams a lot on this news group
wrote in message ...
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .

A closer look at the legislation may make you realise you can't just
buy any old chain winch off ebay and deploy it in a commercial
environment.

domestic.

If you even try arguing that with the HSE and you will fall flat on
your face.

In addition the application of a point load of 170kg
plus the weight of a chain winch to a "rafter"

You run a bar through a number of rafers to spead the weight.

Yes of course you do.

Good. You are learning.

Combis, stainless stell and plastic pipes are taking over and you will be
out of a job soon.

Dribble

No you will be out of a job. How does anyone ever employ you anyhow?

Dribble, It might be a stange concept that a mere slave like yourself
has difficulty understanding. No one employs me, they all work their
butts off making me incredibly rich so I can just enjoy spending lots
of money, winding you up now and again and then as further reward
receiving lots of freebies from numerous parties.

Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Good answer. A look on Ebay will tell you chain winch is very cheap.

Bolt
to the rafers and pull up. Boy some people here are dumb.

Apparently so.... they might end up with a landing full of tiles and a
large hole in the roof if they follow that advice!

Highly unlikely if common sense is applied.

Well that's you knackered for a start.

Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" who spams a lot on this news group
wrote in message ...
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

[...]

Blowing up never entered the list of hazards. The ones you should be
really considering are nothing to do with blowing up but could still
seriously ruin both your day and everyone around you. You really ought
to be showing improvement this far into your treatment.

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" idiotically wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" who spams a lot on this news group
wrote in message ...
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

[...]

Could this be blowing in then?

Doctor Drivel

news
wrote:
They must be sorely missing their idiot.

It wasn't a village full of Nazis.

The reason that you are not reading
this is in German is that various of
my forebears died fighting the Axis powers,

So you say. My uncle was on D-Day and fought the SS Nazis in Normandy and
just shot them. No prisoners. He later walked in Belsen death camp in the
first hour of liberation of the camp - a nice sight. Another uncle was sunk
and killed in the Atlantic by a U boat and another torpedoed twice and lived
to tell the tales. As a family we are not too struck on the likes of you.

five out of eight
great-grandparents arrived in the United States Without passing through
Ellis Island. That is because it had not been built yet.

One of my ancestors was involved in the releasing the slaves over there.

I have come to
expect Nazi taunts on usenet

I should think so as well, as you an insulting unsociable type.

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" slobbered down his sweater and scibbled
in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" who spams a lot on this news group
wrote in message ...
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Are you a movie star? Where you in Pop Idle.

John Rumm

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You intend drilling large holes in structural timbers? And just how do you
thread this presumably rigid bar through them? Remove the end wall?

You remeber before when he was telling us the plastic was not for
"pros"[1] and you should run copper through joists etc? I guess he would
do the same he drill through the gable...! (Bit bu**ered if it is a
hipped roof mind you)

[1] that was before "plastic is the future"

So as well as flooding the basement with your plumbing, you're now
attacking the top of the house?

Well, all those holes are somewhere for the cookoos in his loft to nest.

--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm

Matt wrote:

At this point the 170kg lump may fall through the ceiling but that's a
minor problem.

Well in his timegoesby personality that would be good... he likes open
spaces!

--
Cheers,

John.

Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" spat babble and drivel in
message ...
Matt wrote:

At this point the 170kg lump may fall through the ceiling but that's a
minor problem.

Well in his timegoesby personality that would be good... he likes open
spaces!

You are Napoleon 1V, aren't you?

Capitol

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Yes you must sell more copper as the industry is failing. Stand outside and
shout "get your copper 'ere, get your copper 'ere". That may improve sales.

Boy, you are thick. The sales of copper are rising year on year, copper
mine shares have nearly doubled in value in the past few years!!

Oh well, I suppose Darwin was correct!

Regards
Capitol

Doctor Drivel

"Capitol" wrote in message

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Yes you must sell more copper as the industry is failing. Stand outside

and
shout "get your copper 'ere, get your copper 'ere". That may improve

sales.

Boy, you are thick. The sales of copper are rising year on year,

In water systems its is not. We are in a building boom and most of the
pipes are plastic in new build.

Copper will diminish as more stainless steel cylinders, combi's, and plastic
fittings are sold.

Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

Are you a movie star?

No

Where you in Pop Idle.

No, I've heard of it but never seen it. Is that all they let you watch
in your room?

Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .

Blowing up never entered the list of hazards. The ones you should be
really considering are nothing to do with blowing up but could still
seriously ruin both your day and everyone around you.

Could this be blowing in then?

No, you are just guessing again. Blowing never enters the equation,
nor, contrary to what the actress said to the archbishop, does
sucking.

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

Are you a movie star?

No

Where you in Pop Idle.

No,

Drug dealer?

Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

Are you a movie star?

No

Where you in Pop Idle.

No,

Drug dealer?

I once sold a packet of cough sweets to a little old lady for 1p more
than I paid for them.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
You intend drilling large holes in structural timbers? And just how do
you thread this presumably rigid bar through them? Remove the end wall?

You remeber before when he was telling us the plastic was not for
"pros"[1] and you should run copper through joists etc? I guess he would
do the same he drill through the gable...! (Bit bu**ered if it is a
hipped roof mind you)

Ah - of course. I'd forgotten that pearl of wisdom. There have been so
many.

[1] that was before "plastic is the future"

Yes - he certainly changed his tune. Strange, given that if he can't make
a decent joint in plastic, what sort of a mess would he make with
capillary?

So as well as flooding the basement with your plumbing, you're now
attacking the top of the house?

Well, all those holes are somewhere for the cookoos in his loft to nest.

;-)

--
*I can see your point, but I still think you're full of ****.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Boy, you are thick. The sales of copper are rising year on year,

In water systems its is not. We are in a building boom and most of the
pipes are plastic in new build.

Of course. It's cheap and easy to install. You don't need skilled labour.
And it's less likely to be nicked as it has no scrap value.

None of which apply to making a good job DIY wise.

Perhaps you and your alter ego should start a newsgroup about housing
development. Then you can pat one another on the back about the worst way
of doing everything.

--
*How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Matt wrote:
Where you in Pop Idle.

No, I've heard of it but never seen it.

That's because the show was Pop Idol. Great show to work on. Think about
fitting radio mics...

Is that all they let you watch in your room?

Should be drinking his cocoa by that time.

--
*This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for extra security *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
John Schmitt

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:36:35 +0100, Doctor Drivel
wrote:

Copper will diminish as more stainless steel cylinders, combi's, and
plastic
fittings are sold.

My God, you _are_ obtuse. About 70% of the copper the world produces goes
into wiring, and developing countries setting up power infrastructures
will, for the forseeable future put a strain on copper production. From
1960 to 1996, copper production increased by more than threefold on a
constant trend and is showing no signs of slowing down. Is your next
witter going to be on the superiority of stainless steel and plastic as
conductors of electricity?

John Schmitt

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

Copper will diminish as more stainless steel cylinders, combi's, and
plastic
fittings are sold.

My God, you _are_ obtuse. About
70% of the copper the world produces goes
into wiring,

The point was relating to water systems, not other uses. I have seen
installation in 100% plastic pipe with stainless steel cylinders and stanles
steel heat exchanger boilers. There was No copper whatsoever, only steel
and brass.metals.

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" in a haze of senile flatulence
wrote in message ...
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Boy, you are thick. The sales of copper are rising year on year,

In water systems its is not. We are in a building boom and most of the
pipes are plastic in new build.

Of course. It's cheap and easy to install. You don't need skilled labour.
And it's less likely to be nicked as it has no scrap value.

None of which apply to making a good job DIY wise.

What the hell is he on about? It happens at his age that is for certain.

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
John Rumm wrote:
You intend drilling large holes in structural timbers? And just how do
you thread this presumably rigid bar through them? Remove the end

wall?

You remeber before when he was telling us the plastic was not for
"pros"[1] and you should run copper through joists etc? I guess he would
do the same he drill through the gable...! (Bit bu**ered if it is a
hipped roof mind you)

Ah - of course. I'd forgotten that pearl of wisdom. There have been so
many.

What are these two dorks on about?

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" in the manner of an unchastised tosser
wrote in message ...
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

Are you a movie star?

No

Where you in Pop Idle.

No,

Drug dealer?

I once sold a packet of cough sweets to a little old lady for 1p more
than I paid for them.

Goes to show. If you had been chastised for that who would not have ended up
a tosser as you now are.

Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

There was No copper whatsoever, only steel
and brass.metals.

Its a miracle!!! Copper free brass coming soon to a plumbers merchants
near you.

Drivel you *seriously* need professional help.

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Water Softeners, good or bad?? Martin Hirsch Home Repair 23 July 14th 04 03:27 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM