PV

Default need hot water FAST

Hello,

I bought a newly built house 3 years ago. At that time, I asked the
builder why it took so long, 3-4 minutes, before hot water came out of
the faucets when you first turned them on. He said that was the
standard wait.

I'm annoyed now that I have to wait so long for the hot water to come
out. The temperature of the water is fine and I have no problems with
running out of hot water. I want to know if there is something I can
install/replace to make the hot water get to the faucet quicker, in 1
minute instead of 5 minutes. And I have this wait with all of my
faucets, kitchen, shower and bathrooms.

Thanks for your assistance!
Grim

"PV" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I bought a newly built house 3 years ago. At that time, I asked the
builder why it took so long, 3-4 minutes, before hot water came out of
the faucets when you first turned them on. He said that was the
standard wait.

I'm annoyed now that I have to wait so long for the hot water to come
out. The temperature of the water is fine and I have no problems with
running out of hot water. I want to know if there is something I can
install/replace to make the hot water get to the faucet quicker, in 1
minute instead of 5 minutes. And I have this wait with all of my
faucets, kitchen, shower and bathrooms.

Thanks for your assistance!

Plumbing is not my area, but it sounds like you do not have a hot water
loop. A hot water loop is when you run a pipe from the farthest point in the
house back to the hot water heater. It's a lot easier to have this pipe
installed when the house is currently under construction. As to what you can
do about putting one in, I myself would have to call a plumber.

Grim

---
Aint No Stinkin Viruses Here!

Steve

It sounds like your water heater is located a long distance from each of the
fixtures.. However, even in and extreme situation in an average home,
anything longer than 30 sec. it too much (sometimes it seems like 5 min.
when your standing there).

Try timing it and see if you haven't exagerated the wait time.

If in fact it is taking several minutes then you have a problem with water
flow rate.. Most residence are piped with 1/2" OD pvc or 3/8" ID copper
tubing.. Either way the cross section area is going to be about 3/8".. The
other factor would be the water pressure. Around 50 lb is standard but in
some home that could be as low as 30.

I just did a test of my furthest bath room, about 40 ft of 1/2" pipe run
from the waterheater.. It took 35 sec. to get warm water, 45 sec. to get hot
and about 55 till it was extremely hot.. My water heater is set at about 150
deg.F.

Some might recommend insulating pipes but that only prevents the pipes from
cooling off after you have run the hot water into them. Does nothing to
shorten your time when the pipe are already cold (30 min. after the last hot
water demand).

Move the hot water heater closer to the main demand.. Have knowledgeable
plumer put in a hot water recirculating pump. This is used in some
commercial installations to keep the hot water at the tap at all times..
This method cost you money because of the pump running periodically and for
reheating the water as it cools and is returned to the water heater..

The last but most common solution is the 'on demand' water heater in each
bathroom.. These have no tank and heat the water as you need it.. but like I
say, you will have to have one for each bath and maybe the kitchen.. These
would be efficient, especially if you supply them from the existing hot
water line and leave your regular hot water heater on.. Once the hot water
from the regular heater get to the 'on demand' heater the electric element
will turn off..

Steve
(retired steam fitter/pipe fitter)

pb

PV wrote:

Hello,

I bought a newly built house 3 years ago. At that time, I asked the
builder why it took so long, 3-4 minutes, before hot water came out of
the faucets when you first turned them on. He said that was the
standard wait.

I'm annoyed now that I have to wait so long for the hot water to come
out. The temperature of the water is fine and I have no problems with
running out of hot water. I want to know if there is something I can
install/replace to make the hot water get to the faucet quicker, in 1
minute instead of 5 minutes. And I have this wait with all of my
faucets, kitchen, shower and bathrooms.

Thanks for your assistance!

This might be a consequence of running 3/4 feeds, as many new
houses have. Thus, more standing water has to be replaced before
the hot water shows up. I replaced my hot water lines with 3/8
flex, and now get hot water after 20 oz. of draw, with no
appreciable lessening of volume. But my runs are short.

pb
j j

"PV" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I bought a newly built house 3 years ago. At that time, I asked the
builder why it took so long, 3-4 minutes, before hot water came out of
the faucets when you first turned them on. He said that was the
standard wait.

that's bull****. if you have a tank then it's full of hot water and the only
time you need to wait is the time it takes for water to each the faucet from
the tank, which is 10 or 20 seconds, not 4 minutes.
If you have a tankless water heater, I don't know how long you wait but I
doubt people would use those if waiting 4 minutes for hot water with the
faucet running would be the norm.

SQLit

"PV" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I bought a newly built house 3 years ago. At that time, I asked the
builder why it took so long, 3-4 minutes, before hot water came out of
the faucets when you first turned them on. He said that was the
standard wait.

I'm annoyed now that I have to wait so long for the hot water to come
out. The temperature of the water is fine and I have no problems with
running out of hot water. I want to know if there is something I can
install/replace to make the hot water get to the faucet quicker, in 1
minute instead of 5 minutes. And I have this wait with all of my
faucets, kitchen, shower and bathrooms.

Thanks for your assistance!

Insulate all of the hot water pipes that you can get to.
Homedepot sells a hot water pump that mounts under the sink that pulls hot
water and pushes the cold back into the cold water pipe, ~$150.00. I think.
I have one. Place the pump at the farthest away from the water heater.
All of my lines are underground and the water takes a while to get warm.
With the pump I hit the switch brush my teeth and hot water is waiting for
me. I even have it on a timer that is ready for me in the mornings before I
go to work.

Joseph Meehan

Let me add one more to the list. With an electric heater, one dead
element can cause some strange results. With either electric or gas a bad
dip tube or mis plumbed (incoming water connected to the hot (outlet) and
outgoing water connected to the cold water supply can cause such problems.

Five minutes, if it is really that long, would indicate a long string of
odd situations, like extra large supply lines, cold area, heavy heat sink
pipe material and very long runs from the heater to the outlet.

Do all the sinks tubs etc in you home have the same problem?

What kind of hot water heater do you have? Integrated with you home
heat, electric, gas, oil, no-tank?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"PV" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I bought a newly built house 3 years ago. At that time, I asked the
builder why it took so long, 3-4 minutes, before hot water came out of
the faucets when you first turned them on. He said that was the
standard wait.

I'm annoyed now that I have to wait so long for the hot water to come
out. The temperature of the water is fine and I have no problems with
running out of hot water. I want to know if there is something I can
install/replace to make the hot water get to the faucet quicker, in 1
minute instead of 5 minutes. And I have this wait with all of my
faucets, kitchen, shower and bathrooms.

Thanks for your assistance!

Bruce

In alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I've never head of a hot water loop

Quite common to see them used where needed in better quality construction.

Maybe more common up north. I'm in Texas and I have never seen them, even
in "better quality construction."

but for it to do any good, each
plumbing run would have to have one and it would require a pump to run
continuously.

Not necessarily. Some of them run by gravity ("thermosyphon"). Cold water is
heavier than hot. They work the same as the old "gravity" hydronic heating
systes.

Interesting but I can't imagine it moving very quickly. And in Texas, the
hot water heater is in the attic so it ain't gonna move uphill.
Steve

For a thermosyphon to work the water heater needs to be lower than the
fixtures and that usually requires the water heater to be in the basement.
Even then the syphon won't work if there is any horizontal runs or dips..

I have worked on hot water heating systems, as a steamfitter, that were
actually single pipe systems. The hot water rises up the pipe and the cold
water goes down as. Actually the water never really travels or circulates.
The BTUs of heat migrate up through the column of water.. These primative
system are generally very simple with the hot water boiler at the bottom of
a column (pipe) in the basement and each hot water radiator is tee'ed off at
each floor level of the house.. I haven't seen one of these sytems for 50
years. Sorry for the 'flash-back'.

Steve

RB

Texas is a case unto itself. Where else will you find water heaters and
the associated cold water supply lines running in unheated attic crawl
spaces? Frequently without even a pan under the hot water heater. I
can recall seeing water pouring from the front door of homes in the
Dallas area a few years back when a cold snap hit at Christmas, power
went out and folks were away visiting relatives. All was well until
things thawed out. Much of Texas doesn't know what quality construction is.

RB

Bruce wrote:
In alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I've never head of a hot water loop

Quite common to see them used where needed in better quality construction.

Maybe more common up north. I'm in Texas and I have never seen them, even
in "better quality construction."

but for it to do any good, each
plumbing run would have to have one and it would require a pump to run
continuously.

Not necessarily. Some of them run by gravity ("thermosyphon"). Cold water is
heavier than hot. They work the same as the old "gravity" hydronic heating
systes.

Interesting but I can't imagine it moving very quickly. And in Texas, the
hot water heater is in the attic so it ain't gonna move uphill.

RB

Steve,

The water does move, albeit slowly. I had a problem with long delays in
getting hot water to my fixtures. My supply line (because I have a 40
to 60 psi well supplied system) is a 1" dia copper pipe so I needed to
dump about 6 gallons to move hot water from the water heater to the most
distant bathroom. A few years ago I ran a 1/2" return line at basement
ceiling height the length of my basement from that most distant bathroom
back to the water heater, a distance of about 150 ft. I teed the return
into the water heater behind the drain valve giving me an elevation
difference of 9 to 10 ft, insulated the supply and return lines and hot
water is now quickly available.

Recall that Henry Ford was able to cool his Model T quite well with a
thermosyphon and the height difference there is only about a foot.

RB

Steve wrote:
For a thermosyphon to work the water heater needs to be lower than the
fixtures and that usually requires the water heater to be in the basement.
Even then the syphon won't work if there is any horizontal runs or dips..

I have worked on hot water heating systems, as a steamfitter, that were
actually single pipe systems. The hot water rises up the pipe and the cold
water goes down as. Actually the water never really travels or circulates.
The BTUs of heat migrate up through the column of water.. These primative
system are generally very simple with the hot water boiler at the bottom of
a column (pipe) in the basement and each hot water radiator is tee'ed off at
each floor level of the house.. I haven't seen one of these sytems for 50
years. Sorry for the 'flash-back'.

Steve

PV

I've timed it. For each faucet, it takes 3-4 minutes before the water
that comes out is warm. It is an excruciating long time to wait for
warm water, especially now that it is winter. In the summer, I didn't
mind washing my hands in cold water.

I'm in NC, my hot water heater uses gas and is located in the attic of
my 2-story house, not integrated. The pipes for the first floor
bathroom and kitchen run along the top of the cold crawl space under
the house. It has been a while since I was in the crawl space but I
think the piping I saw was clear plastic, not copper. But still, even
the 2nd floor bathroom faucets take the same amount of time before
warm water comes out.

I just want to know what I can do differently the next time I have a
builder build me a house. I am satisfied with everything the builder
did when building my home except for this one nagging problem.

"PV" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I bought a newly built house 3 years ago. At that time, I asked the
builder why it took so long, 3-4 minutes, before hot water came out of
the faucets when you first turned them on. He said that was the
standard wait.

I'm annoyed now that I have to wait so long for the hot water to come
out. The temperature of the water is fine and I have no problems with
running out of hot water. I want to know if there is something I can
install/replace to make the hot water get to the faucet quicker, in 1
minute instead of 5 minutes. And I have this wait with all of my
faucets, kitchen, shower and bathrooms.

Thanks for your assistance!

Michael Baugh

Last house I plumbed for myself, I used 1/4" copper
lines from the water heater to the individual fixtures. It
was no big deal, since there were only three, but the
kitchen was far enough away that it would have taken
a LONG time to get hot water. Sounds like you're
encountering that sort of thing. The lines ran in the basement,
and obviously had plenty of opportunity to cool down.

Later, when I had to rerun that kitchen line for a remodeling
project, I was very careful to put a gentle but steady upward
slope to it as it went towards the kitchen. that way, the warm
water was presented to the fixture.

We never had to wait for hot water at the fixture, and I don't know
which path made the difference, but I certainly remind you that
the bigger the delivery line, the longer it takes to empty its contents.

PV wrote in message
m...
I've timed it. For each faucet, it takes 3-4 minutes before the water
that comes out is warm.

Joseph Meehan

I think your problem is with the heater, not the distribution system.

"It has been a while since I was in the crawl space but I think the piping
I saw was clear plastic, not copper."

I have never heard of clear plastic being approved for domestic hot
water, but I guess it is possible. It is used for hot water heat supply
(well sort of clear). Maybe your memory is not too clear from when you saw
it.

I suggest getting a plumber out to check it. It should be correctable,
and I am going to guess it is not going to cost all that much.

Frankly in your area, I don't think I would want any plumbing going
through a non-heated part of my home, nor would I want my hot water heater
in an area not easily assessable.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"PV" wrote in message
m...
[...]

. ..

"PV" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I bought a newly built house 3 years ago. At that time, I asked the
builder why it took so long, 3-4 minutes, before hot water came out of
the faucets when you first turned them on. He said that was the
standard wait.

I'm annoyed now that I have to wait so long for the hot water to come
out. The temperature of the water is fine and I have no problems with
running out of hot water. I want to know if there is something I can
install/replace to make the hot water get to the faucet quicker, in 1
minute instead of 5 minutes. And I have this wait with all of my
faucets, kitchen, shower and bathrooms.

Thanks for your assistance!

Jeff Wisnia

PV wrote:

I've timed it. For each faucet, it takes 3-4 minutes before the water
that comes out is warm. It is an excruciating long time to wait for
warm water, especially now that it is winter. In the summer, I didn't
mind washing my hands in cold water.

I'm in NC, my hot water heater uses gas and is located in the attic of
my 2-story house, not integrated.

snipped

How about trying this check and telling us the results:

Tomorrow morning, before anyone opens a hot water faucet in the house, clamber up to where the hot water heater is and
grab the outlet pipe a couple of feet from the heater.

Then yell down to SWMBO to open a hot water tap somewhere and then see how the pipe feels.

If it was warm and cools down, then there's a problem with the heater.

Might be that the installer screwed up and plumbed the inlet and outlet reversed so it's feeding the water out through
the dip tube from the bottom of the tank where the cooler water sits, instead of from the top, where the heated water
rises to. That's not hard to do if you don't pay attention to the "Hot and Cold" markings on the tank.

If the pipe gets hot right away and stays hot for the several minutes it takes for the water at the tap to get hot,
then as most of the others have said, it's a piping length/volume problem, best solved by using one of those motorized
recirculating pmp thingies and some additional piping, or selling the house. (Ducking...)

Happy New Year,

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/

PV

The other builder in the subdivision (DR Horton) placed their hot
water heaters in the garage. When I asked to have mine put in the
garage, my builder scoffed at the idea and said the raising and
lowering of the garage doors would frequently blow the pilot light
out.

The attic where the heater sits is pretty cold and the crawl space
under the house is pretty cold. I can see why it takes a while to get
hot water.

Thanks for all the comments. Something to keep in mind for the next
house.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message . ..
I think your problem is with the heater, not the distribution system.

"It has been a while since I was in the crawl space but I think the piping
I saw was clear plastic, not copper."

I have never heard of clear plastic being approved for domestic hot
water, but I guess it is possible. It is used for hot water heat supply
(well sort of clear). Maybe your memory is not too clear from when you saw
it.

I suggest getting a plumber out to check it. It should be correctable,
and I am going to guess it is not going to cost all that much.

Frankly in your area, I don't think I would want any plumbing going
through a non-heated part of my home, nor would I want my hot water heater
in an area not easily assessable.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

Joseph Meehan

I would not want a gas water heater in the garage. Open flames and
gasoline don't mix.

Around her, they are put in utility rooms in homes without basements.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"PV" wrote in message
om...
[...]

RB

Don't jump to a conclusion so quickly. It took me at least 3 minutes to
get hot water. Flushing cold water from 150 ft of 1" pipe takes (about
6 gallons) takes 4 minutes at 1.5 gpm. At 2.2 gpm drops to 2.7 minutes.
Still a long time. Installing a thermosyphon dropped this to seconds.

RB

j j wrote:
"PV" wrote in message
om...

Hello,

I bought a newly built house 3 years ago. At that time, I asked the
builder why it took so long, 3-4 minutes, before hot water came out of
the faucets when you first turned them on. He said that was the
standard wait.

that's bull****. if you have a tank then it's full of hot water and the only
time you need to wait is the time it takes for water to each the faucet from
the tank, which is 10 or 20 seconds, not 4 minutes.
If you have a tankless water heater, I don't know how long you wait but I
doubt people would use those if waiting 4 minutes for hot water with the
faucet running would be the norm.

Instant hot water can be achieved by installing a RedyTemp. The unit
is loved by homeowners but not as many plumbers. The main reason for
this is RedyTemp's "super easy less then 10 minute install". You
can't bill much labor for a 10 minute install. And even less if the
homeowner installs it themselves. If you visit www.redytemp.com you
can see a movie of a 10 yr old girl install the unit is LESS THAN 3
MINUTES. Whether you need hot water fast, have pipes frozen, water
frozen in pipe issues, want to save water, save gas, save electric or
just want to save energy RedyTemp is ready when you are.

Hot water recirculators have been around for some time. But, most
people don't even know about them. I on the other hand believe I do
know alot about them...why? Because I did over 2 months of comparison
analysis of the different types / brands on the market. Anyone can
download this analysis which contains pictures, prices, and other
miscellaneous "facts" which I collected exclusively from the internet
during the 2 month study.

Why would I do a 2 month study? Because I was offered to purchase a
business, patent and trademark for a great sum of money. Just like
me, you would also put a great amount of thought, research, market
analysis before you spent a lot of your savings. The market analysis
which consisted of surfing the internet for hot water recirculators,
hot water on d'mand systems. There are roughly 8 different kinds
available on the market. They're priced anywhere from $149 through
$600 and more (this does not include the installation cost). Some
have wireless remote control activation (so you can just "press a
button remotely", if the non-standard camera battery in the remote
control has been replaced within the last 30 days, costing $15 dollars
or more every 30 days to replace, and you don't mind having one
clipped on your belt next to your cellphone so you don't have to chase
it down), some have "press button" to activate, some run all the time,
some run automatically, some have timers, some only work with "closed
loop" or dedicated hot water return lines (RedyTemp can be used on
either type of systems), some use the cold water line to return the
water back to the water heater (causing issues with warmy water in the
cold line, RedyTemp doesn't have this problem due to its patented
manifold and adjustable temp control capability). Some are noisey,
some are quiet. Installations range from 10 minutes to do an
installation....and others can take up to 3 hours or more and require
multiple plumbers type tools, draining of the water heater, cutting
and measuring pipe, soldering, running wires all throughout your house
to each tap / faucet (so you can press a button "every" time your
gonna use the hot water....and then.....stilll wait for hot water to
arrive), most require mounting to a solid wall, purging, calibrating.
Most void warranty if unit is run without water in the line,
accidentally or not (RedyTemp has run tests to ensure that this is not
an issue with our units). All these troublesome installation issues
often cause homeowners to shy away from the hot water recirculator
idea. Plumbers would much rather run a dedicated line back to your
water heater which takes "time" and materials ....thats where the
dollars can quickly jump from your pocket to theirs. I have nothing
against plumbers, they have families too and they provide a valuable
service to the community.

Throughout my research I discovered 2 consistant issues with all the
recirculators on the market as of 2004... The problems were the
installations were just too scary from a homeowners point of view who
has no plumbing experience (that included me) and the second thing was
that calcium / hard water more often then not made the recirculators
fail / clog within the first or second year and sometimes as quick as
a few months. I even heard a guy who had bought a brand, took it
home, installed it...thinking it was faulty due to the "not soo hot"
water which was being delivered, took it back to the store and stated
that it must be a bad one, got another one off the shelf, took it home
installed it...but, still the water being delivered was not hot. He
then took this second unit he had tried back to the depot store and
asked why the water was not so hot...where the plumbing dept person
working their stated that, 95degree's was the highest temperature that
any hot water recirculator could do (apparently he hadn't heard of a
RedyTemp)..

All this dissappointing information I was discovering made me all the
more interested in the RedyTemp. Why? Because it was the "only" hot
water recirculator which over came the problems that all the others on
the market had not.. RedyTemp's installation was so simple it could
be compared to the difficulty of hooking up two garden hoses. The
movie showing a 10 yr old girl installing a RedyTemp in less then 3
minutes (available for download at www.RedyTemp.com) proves just how
simple it is. The calcium / hard water problem was also overcome by
the RedyTemp, by creating the patented manifold which is not made of
metal / copper etc., which we all know calcium loves to stick to, the
RedyTemps' manifold has never had a single unit fail in all its
history in business since 1994. Where all the others on the market
require "periodic" maintenance / cleaning schedule, the RedyTemp is
100% maintenance free. RedyTemp also is the only hot water
recirculator which has a patented temperature control capability,
allowing the homeowner to adjust how hot is enough and how much does
he want to regulate his savings.

Nonetheless, I became very excited and after speaking with previous
owners of the RedyTemp and previous owners of others on the market, I
did end up becoming the new owner of Temtrol Delta T. Inc., the
manufacturer of the RedyTemp Instant Hot Water Recirculator.

Hot water recirculators do work...but for how long and to what
efficiency is the only real mystery. What is not a mystery is that
there are over 3,000 satisfied RedyTemp users in America that love
their unit, couldn't live without it, etc. I myself, its just what
America needs. With the increase in population, the ever growing
concern for water shortages, the growing issues with natural gas and
electric, I don't understand why a RedyTemp is not in every home.

When a person waits and waits for hot water to arrive at their tap,
not only is water being wasted down the drain, but the local water
company is filling up your water heater with "very cold" city water to
replace the water thats going down the drain. This "extra" very cold
city water is having to be heated now unnecessarily. Most homeowners
I've spoken with think "so it saves water, how much does water cost?"
but what they don't realize, until I explain whats happening, is that
they're wasting not only water, but gas / electric to heat the new
water which has replaced the water you wasted down the drain while you
waited for the hot water in the first place. Lets not forget the
minutes that the lights were on while you waited..., day after
day...use after use...it really adds up.

Now, my research wouldn't be complete unless I also considered
tankless water heaters. This is a fairly new technology in America.
They are always very high in price especially after you factor in the
installation expense, inspections from local code enforcements. I've
read throughout the news groups and discussion forums that they just
cost way too much, and because of this homeowners often buy the
cheapest one they can find, only to discover that they didn't get the
right size for their home and because of this people are getting
bursts of very hot water while showering and doing laundry / dishes or
someone else in the home uses water at the same times. As for waiting
for hot water... plan on it. You will continue to wait for hot water
at you faucets / showers / laundry / dishwashers with a tankless water
heater. So.... the savings can be great, in exchange for discomfort
and having to wait for hot water. As for my opinion on the
Thermosyphon System, it would appear that as long as you have bright
sunny days, a solid roof, this system would save on energy cost due to
the fact that the sun would be heating any newly delivered city water
to the home (of course that is "if" its not night time and its bright
and sunny) but, this system still would not deliver "no wait" hot
water to the tap unless it was directly over the tap. Nothing beats
the RedyTemps flexible installation options, multiple control
capabilities, i.e. motion sensor integration, step switch, the
clapper, etc. and with a RedyTemp your limited to only the length of
the flex lines you use as to where you can place it in your home.
Meaning, you could pass the flexlines through a floor or wall and then
to the faucets.

I personally, am still very glad I bought the company, it still is the
superior product on the market and the only one that I know which
people aren't complaining about because "it" really works. Every
month a new customer calls too ask questions wanting reassurance that
the RedyTemp will not fail like the competitor product failed /
clogged so quickly... RedyTemp is time tested and continually makes
people glad they own one... day after day. Especially during the
winter months, thats when its really appreciated but we're not sure if
its due to the fact that the RedyTemp stops pipes freezing, frozen
water line problems in check.

Whether you need hot water fast, have pipes frozen, water frozen in
pipe issues, want to save water, save gas, save electric or just want
to save energy RedyTemp is ready when you are.

Thanks for listening to my two cents and hope you'll visit our website
to see what makes the RedyTemp the smart choice in Hot Water
Recirculators. The 30 day money back quarantee and 2 year warranty
doesn't hurt either.

j j wrote:
"PV" wrote in message
om...

Hello,

I bought a newly built house 3 years ago. At that time, I asked the
builder why it took so long, 3-4 minutes, before hot water came out of
the faucets when you first turned them on. He said that was the
standard wait.

that's bull****. if you have a tank then it's full of hot water and the only
time you need to wait is the time it takes for water to each the faucet from
the tank, which is 10 or 20 seconds, not 4 minutes.
If you have a tankless water heater, I don't know how long you wait but I
doubt people would use those if waiting 4 minutes for hot water with the
faucet running would be the norm.

HeatMan

Spam.

Pure and simple Spam

www.killyourselfifselfinstalled.com you
can see a movie of a 10 yr old girl install the unit is LESS THAN 3
MINUTES. Whether you need hot water fast, have pipes frozen, water
frozen in pipe issues, want to save water, save gas, save electric or
just want to save energy RedyTemp is ready when you are.

rest snipped

Default need hot water FAST NOT SPAM...see testimonials at www.RedyTemp.com

Ignorance... you must be a plumber who needs work.... if you have
some comments, them speak them... but don't make other people not
learn the truth. The Testimonials on the website are not made up...
only your ignorance of new technology.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:16:34 GMT, "HeatMan"
wrote:

Spam.

Pure and simple Spam
wrote in message
.. .
Instant hot water can be achieved by installing a RedyTemp. The unit
is loved by homeowners but not as many plumbers. The main reason for
this is RedyTemp's "super easy less then 10 minute install". You
can't bill much labor for a 10 minute install. And even less if the
homeowner installs it themselves. If you visit

www.killyourselfifselfinstalled.com you
can see a movie of a 10 yr old girl install the unit is LESS THAN 3
MINUTES. Whether you need hot water fast, have pipes frozen, water
frozen in pipe issues, want to save water, save gas, save electric or
just want to save energy RedyTemp is ready when you are.

rest snipped

m Ransley

Default need hot water FAST NOT SPAM...see testimonials atwww.RedyTe...

OK not spam, just lies and alot of crap from a snake oil salesman - A
CON

HeatMan

Default need hot water FAST - It Is SPAM

wrote in message
Ignorance... you must be a plumber who needs work.... if you have
some comments, them speak them... but don't make other people not
learn the truth. The Testimonials on the website are not made up...
only your ignorance of new technology.

Actually, if you'd read my handle, I'm not a plumber.

UCE is Unsolicited Commercial Email. That is what you did, plain and
simple. If I were really in a foul mood, I'd report you to your ISP and if
they got enough compalints, they'd be well within their rights to dump you
and your website.

BTW, I didn't bother to go to your website. Just from reading your Spam, I
guess it's a very basic recirculation system like I've put on several
houses. Grundfos makes a good one that lists for about $330.00. Here's the
link - http://tinyurl.com/2cxsq

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:16:34 GMT, "HeatMan"
wrote:

Spam.

Pure and simple Spam
wrote in message
.. .
Instant hot water can be achieved by installing a RedyTemp. The unit
is loved by homeowners but not as many plumbers. The main reason for
this is RedyTemp's "super easy less then 10 minute install". You
can't bill much labor for a 10 minute install. And even less if the
homeowner installs it themselves. If you visit

www.killyourselfifselfinstalled.com you
can see a movie of a 10 yr old girl install the unit is LESS THAN 3
MINUTES. Whether you need hot water fast, have pipes frozen, water
frozen in pipe issues, want to save water, save gas, save electric or
just want to save energy RedyTemp is ready when you are.

rest snipped

Don't forget that with the grundfos you'll have to do periodic
cleaning...as shown on their website and in the downloadable product
comparison study which can be downloaded at ....where else
www.redytemp.com oh, and don't forget to order a $36 dollar each
valve that you'll have to put at the faucets...

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:58:54 GMT, "HeatMan"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
Ignorance... you must be a plumber who needs work.... if you have
some comments, them speak them... but don't make other people not
learn the truth. The Testimonials on the website are not made up...
only your ignorance of new technology.

Actually, if you'd read my handle, I'm not a plumber.

UCE is Unsolicited Commercial Email. That is what you did, plain and
simple. If I were really in a foul mood, I'd report you to your ISP and if
they got enough compalints, they'd be well within their rights to dump you
and your website.

BTW, I didn't bother to go to your website. Just from reading your Spam, I
guess it's a very basic recirculation system like I've put on several
houses. Grundfos makes a good one that lists for about $330.00. Here's the
link - http://tinyurl.com/2cxsq

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:16:34 GMT, "HeatMan"
wrote:

Spam.

Pure and simple Spam
wrote in message
.. .
Instant hot water can be achieved by installing a RedyTemp. The unit
is loved by homeowners but not as many plumbers. The main reason for
this is RedyTemp's "super easy less then 10 minute install". You
can't bill much labor for a 10 minute install. And even less if the
homeowner installs it themselves. If you visit
www.killyourselfifselfinstalled.com you
can see a movie of a 10 yr old girl install the unit is LESS THAN 3
MINUTES. Whether you need hot water fast, have pipes frozen, water
frozen in pipe issues, want to save water, save gas, save electric or
just want to save energy RedyTemp is ready when you are.

rest snipped

HeatMan

wrote in message
Don't forget that with the grundfos you'll have to do periodic
cleaning...as shown on their website and in the downloadable product
comparison study which can be downloaded at ....where else
www.redyscrew.com oh, and don't forget to order a $36 dollar each
valve that you'll have to put at the faucets...

First off, I did not say if your product was garbage or not but the way you
defend it, it may be. I was only commenting that it was UCE.

Since you refuse to admit your error, I will point out some facts.

The owner's manual in the box, which happens to be right beside me, says
nothing about cleaning. Neither does the .pdf on the Grundfos site. If you
can find it, please point it out to me. The valve (and only one is needed
unless the hot water system is branched) is included in the kit. Most
houses don't have branched HW systems.

I will not give you another hit on your site by going there.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:58:54 GMT, "HeatMan"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

wrote:

Spam.

Pure and simple Spam
wrote in message
.. .
Instant hot water can be achieved by installing a RedyTemp. The

unit
is loved by homeowners but not as many plumbers. The main reason

for
this is Redyscrew's "super easy less then 10 minute install". You
can't bill much labor for a 10 minute install. And even less if

the
homeowner installs it themselves. If you visit
www.killyourselfifselfinstalled.com you
can see a movie of a 10 yr old girl install the unit is LESS THAN 3
MINUTES. Whether you need hot water fast, have pipes frozen,

water
frozen in pipe issues, want to save water, save gas, save electric

or
just want to save energy Redyscrew is ready when you are.

rest snipped

BTW, do you know what a branched system is?

Default need hot water FAST - It Is SPAM - GrundFosCleaning_Comfort_Eu.pdf (0/4)

The attached was download from the grundfos site, it is in standard
adobe acrobat reader format...

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:05:45 GMT, "HeatMan"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

wrote:

Spam.

Pure and simple Spam
wrote in message
.. .
[...]

wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

wrote:

Spam.

Pure and simple Spam
wrote in message
.. .
Instant hot water can be achieved by installing a RedyTemp. The

unit
is loved by homeowners but not as many plumbers. The main reason

for
this is Redyscrew's "super easy less then 10 minute install". You
can't bill much labor for a 10 minute install. And even less if

the
homeowner installs it themselves. If you visit
www.killyourselfifselfinstalled.com you
can see a movie of a 10 yr old girl install the unit is LESS THAN 3
MINUTES. Whether you need hot water fast, have pipes frozen,

water
frozen in pipe issues, want to save water, save gas, save electric

or
just want to save energy Redyscrew is ready when you are.

rest snipped

BTW, do you know what a branched system is?

HeatMan

I downloaded a .pdf from the Grundfos comfort site. The one I opened had
nothing to say about cleaning and was an exact copy of the I & O manual.

If you are so very certain you are correct, why not post the link to the
..pdf you're talking about. Most people obscure the facts simply by not
giving all the info available. BTW, I'm emailing all this info to my
contact with Grundfos.

Idiot@Redyscrewcom wrote in message
The attached was download from the grundfos site, it is in standard
adobe acrobat reader format...

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:05:45 GMT, "HeatMan"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

wrote:

Spam.

Pure and simple Spam
wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Hello McFly...anybody in there "knock on head"... see the picture
with a brush scrubb scrub scrub... that depicts cleaning... calcium
from the pump... Those that have used non-RedyTemp recirc's know the
deal... I'm not concerned with your dust mite opinions. As Walter
Chronkite would put it........GOOD DAY!!!

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:46:49 GMT, "HeatMan"
wrote:

I downloaded a .pdf from the Grundfos comfort site. The one I opened had
nothing to say about cleaning and was an exact copy of the I & O manual.

If you are so very certain you are correct, why not post the link to the
.pdf you're talking about. Most people obscure the facts simply by not
giving all the info available. BTW, I'm emailing all this info to my
contact with Grundfos.

Idiot@Redyscrewcom wrote in message
.. .
The attached was download from the grundfos site, it is in standard
adobe acrobat reader format...

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:05:45 GMT, "HeatMan"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

wrote:

Spam.

Pure and simple Spam
wrote in message
.. .
[...]

m Ransley

Oh no, the Ready Temp Ass is back,
Well I never cleaned my B&G and dont know anyoune who has. If you had
water that hard the usual pocedure is to add a sotener.
Or if you are Ready Temp ,,,just Lie and Scare everyone,

m Ransley

Default mRansley 375 posts count'm...since 12-14-03 thru 1-28-04...the...

Gee i thought it was 3000, im getting slow in my old age,
But Ready Temp only needs one to show he is full of it,, Just like his
Co disclaimer on their published " facts"

HeatMan

You just don't have a clue, do you?

You emailed me an attachment. I don't open attachments, but I did notice it
had 'eur' in the line. Smart guy. That means it was for Europe, not North
America.

If I gave you a quarter, would you buy a clue?

wrote:

I downloaded a .pdf from the Grundfos comfort site. The one I opened had
nothing to say about cleaning and was an exact copy of the I & O manual.

If you are so very certain you are correct, why not post the link to the
.pdf you're talking about. Most people obscure the facts simply by not
giving all the info available. BTW, I'm emailing all this info to my
contact with Grundfos.

Idiot@Redyscrewcom wrote in message
.. .
The attached was download from the grundfos site, it is in standard
adobe acrobat reader format...

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:05:45 GMT, "HeatMan"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

wrote:

Spam.

Pure and simple Spam
wrote in message
.. .
[...]

CBhvac

"HeatMan" wrote in message
ink.net...
You just don't have a clue, do you?

You emailed me an attachment. I don't open attachments, but I did notice

it
had 'eur' in the line. Smart guy. That means it was for Europe, not

North
America.

If I gave you a quarter, would you buy a clue?

A full DNS scan of his sites posted elsewhere...you can actually tell him
yourself how you feel....

Leak in hot water tank Johnny UK diy 9 April 9th 04 07:28 PM
Hot water problem limey Home Repair 9 November 26th 03 02:31 AM
Hot water sulphur smell Robert A. Barr Home Repair 12 November 19th 03 04:37 PM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 02:34 PM