Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Ok. However, if you had the average storage system and added a pump to
give you the sort of shower you wanted, a combi just isn't going to

give
the same result.

Oh my God. My mains pressure shower gives 4.5 bar.

And 4.5 bar is normal for mains?

About 3 to 3.5 bar, which is over 3 times better than 90% of power shower
pumps.

Ah - so yet again you base all your 'advice' on some top end hypothesis?

Now you know.

Perhaps you might also want to know that flow and temperature are
important for a decent shower too - otherwise any old instant electric
shower would be superb.

Do you ever wash since you seem to know little about real world showers or
baths?

--
*If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
But a pal who's just replaced a power shower with a combi said by the
plumber to be every bit as good disagrees

Probably put in a cheapo combi.

I haven't seen it so couldn't say. But the price paid was anything but
cheap.

Combis are famous for the instant high pressure showers they give. That
is why many people go for them.

Well this plumber, like you, didn't provide a system as specified. Ie, to
provide a shower at least as good in every way as the power one fed off a
storage cylinder. And this is likely to cost him dearly.

--
*We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Paul Giverin wrote:
Getting back to the shower:- Given the benefits that the improvements
to my house (which I detailed above) will give me, the loss of my power
shower would never have scuppered these plans. I'm now trying to make
sure that I get the best possible shower I can with the system I now
have.

Thanks for the complete explanation, Paul.

Sorry to jump in so quickly, but it's so common these days for people to
be conned into a combi without realising the disadvantages. As you'd find
elsewhere in this thread it's happened to a pal of mine, and it's the
middle of the year where incoming water temperature means it will be at
the peak of performance.

As regards the best shower to get for your particular circumstances I'm
sure others have helped.

--
*There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Paul Giverin wrote:

Getting back to the shower:- Given the benefits that the improvements
to my house (which I detailed above) will give me, the loss of my power
shower would never have scuppered these plans. I'm now trying to make
sure that I get the best possible shower I can with the system I now
have.

Sorry to jump in so quickly,

You didn't jump in quickly, you just didn't know.

but it's so common these days for people to
be conned into a combi without realising
the disadvantages.

No disadvantages in the average house if sized up properly.

As you'd find elsewhere in this thread
it's happened to a pal of mine, and it's the
middle of the year where incoming water
temperature means it will be at
the peak of performance.

Not sized properly.

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
But a pal who's just replaced a power shower with a combi said by the
plumber to be every bit as good disagrees

Probably put in a cheapo combi.

I haven't seen it so couldn't say.

Sounds like it, and probably the wrong shower mixer for a mains pressure
system.

But the price paid was anything but
cheap.

Rip off artists again.

Combis are famous for the instant
high pressure showers they give. That
is why many people go for them.

Well this plumber, like you,

I'm not a plumber.

didn't provide a system as
specified. Ie, to provide a
shower at least as good in
every way as the power one
fed off a storage cylinder.
And this is likely to cost him dearly.

I would have assessed the requirements and sized the combi and shower mixer
to suit.

Paul Giverin

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Paul Giverin wrote:
Getting back to the shower:- Given the benefits that the improvements
to my house (which I detailed above) will give me, the loss of my power
shower would never have scuppered these plans. I'm now trying to make
sure that I get the best possible shower I can with the system I now
have.

Thanks for the complete explanation, Paul.

Sorry to jump in so quickly, but it's so common these days for people to
be conned into a combi without realising the disadvantages. As you'd find
elsewhere in this thread it's happened to a pal of mine, and it's the
middle of the year where incoming water temperature means it will be at
the peak of performance.

As regards the best shower to get for your particular circumstances I'm
sure others have helped.

No problems Dave. Luckily I know you from elsewhere

--
Paul Giverin

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Ok. However, if you had the average storage system and added a

pump to
give you the sort of shower you wanted, a combi just isn't going

give
the same result.

Oh my God. My mains pressure shower gives 4.5 bar.

And 4.5 bar is normal for mains?

About 3 to 3.5 bar, which is over 3 times better than 90% of power

shower
pumps.

Ah - so yet again you base
all your 'advice' on some top
end hypothesis?

You must learn to read. I said "About 3 to 3.5 bar [normal for mains],
which is over 3 times better than 90% of power shower pumps."

raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes
Combis are famous for the instant
high pressure showers they give. That
is why many people go for them.

Well this plumber, like you,

I'm not a plumber.

Well, what are you then ?

--
geoff
Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes
Combis are famous for the instant
high pressure showers they give. That
is why many people go for them.

Well this plumber, like you,

I'm not a plumber.

Well, what are you then ?

Heating engineer.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Well this plumber, like you,

I'm not a plumber.

At least that's true. Judging by your hacksaw antics. So what are you?

didn't provide a system as specified. Ie, to provide a shower at least
as good in every way as the power one fed off a storage cylinder. And
this is likely to cost him dearly.

I would have assessed the requirements and sized the combi and shower
mixer to suit.

Not judging by the rubbish you spout on here. If someone said 'I want my
bath to fill quickly', your answer is to get a smaller bath. If the mains
pressure is poor you quote some figure plucked from your head as being the
norm, then reduce that figure when challenged.

So the chances of you specifying to someone's actual requirements are near
zero.

--
*What happens if you get scared half to death twice? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Ah - so yet again you base all your 'advice' on some top end
hypothesis?

You must learn to read. I said "About 3 to 3.5 bar [normal for mains],
which is over 3 times better than 90% of power shower pumps."

Then you get a shower pump suited to the task. Unless you're saying they
don't exist?

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
raden wrote:
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes
Combis are famous for the instant high pressure showers they give.
That is why many people go for them.

Well this plumber, like you,

I'm not a plumber.

Well, what are you then ?

The 64,000 dollar question. How about setting up a fund to pay an inquiry
agent to find out? I'll bung in a few quid. ;-)

--
*Why is the word abbreviation so long? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes
Combis are famous for the instant
high pressure showers they give. That
is why many people go for them.

Well this plumber, like you,

I'm not a plumber.

Well, what are you then ?

Heating engineer.

So, what professional body do you belong to ?

--
geoff
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Ah - so yet again you base all your 'advice' on some top end
hypothesis?

You must learn to read. I said "About 3 to 3.5 bar [normal for mains],
which is over 3 times better than 90% of power shower pumps."

Then you get a shower pump suited to the task. Unless you're saying they
don't exist?

My God! Does this turkey know how much, the size and price, and noise and
vibration of a 4.5 bar pump? He thinks it is like a fish tank pump.

Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes
Combis are famous for the instant
high pressure showers they give. That
is why many people go for them.

Well this plumber, like you,

I'm not a plumber.

Well, what are you then ?

Heating engineer.

So, what professional body do you belong to ?

None. I don't like cliques, clans and clubs. Are you in the Morris dancing
club?

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
raden wrote:
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes
Combis are famous for the instant high pressure showers they give.
That is why many people go for them.

Well this plumber, like you,

I'm not a plumber.

Well, what are you then ?

The 64,000 dollar question. How about setting up a fund to pay an inquiry
agent to find out? I'll bung in a few quid. ;-)

I'll give you a PO box to send all your worldly wealth. Nah forget it, the
soshie will have to pick up your tab eventually.

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Well this plumber, like you,

I'm not a plumber.

At least that's true. Judging by your hacksaw antics. So what are you?

didn't provide a system as specified. Ie, to provide a shower at least
as good in every way as the power one fed off a storage cylinder. And
this is likely to cost him dearly.

I would have assessed the requirements and sized the combi and shower
mixer to suit.

Not judging

His pills are wearing off. You are so naive=, you can't see you are just an
object of fun. Keep it up and like having fun with you. I feel an ode
coming on...

snip inane, senile drivel

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
raden wrote:
Well this plumber, like you,

I'm not a plumber.

Well, what are you then ?

Heating engineer.

So, what professional body do you belong to ?

The Royal and Ancient Guild of ******s.

Chief Stroker.

--
*If you can read this, thank a teecher

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
You must learn to read. I said "About 3 to 3.5 bar [normal for
mains], which is over 3 times better than 90% of power shower pumps."

Then you get a shower pump suited to the task. Unless you're saying
they don't exist?

My God! Does this turkey know how much, the size and price, and noise
and vibration of a 4.5 bar pump? He thinks it is like a fish tank pump.

Why would you need a 4.5 bar pump if 'normal' mains pressure is 3 bar?

One of these days you'll understand figures and what they mean.

However, a good shower needs volume as well as pressure. Don't you ever
wash?

--
*Filthy stinking rich -- well, two out of three ain't bad

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I feel an ode coming on...

snip inane, senile drivel

Thank gawd for that. The biggest waste of bandwidth ever. Even Phil Kyle
wastes less.

--
*Gaffer tape - The Force, light and dark sides - holds the universe together*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
You must learn to read. I said "About 3 to 3.5 bar [normal for
mains], which is over 3 times better than 90% of power shower

pumps."

Then you get a shower pump suited to the task. Unless you're saying
they don't exist?

My God! Does this turkey know how much, the size and price, and noise
and vibration of a 4.5 bar pump? He thinks it is like a fish tank pump.

Why would you need
a 4.5 bar pump if 'normal'
mains pressure is 3 bar?

This fool has no focus whatsoever.

snip drivel

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I feel an ode coming on...

snip inane, senile drivel

Thank gawd for that.

Yes all be glad of your caber tossing splutter snipped.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
So, what professional body do you belong to ?

The Royal and Ancient Guild of ******s.

Chief Stroker.

All fits.

Then keep taking your medication. You know it makes sense.

--
*Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off NOW.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Capitol

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The 64,000 dollar question. How about setting up a fund to pay an inquiry
agent to find out? I'll bung in a few quid. ;-)

You don't need to. A slow Google will reveal all!

Regards
Capitol

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
My God! Does this turkey know how much, the size and price, and
noise and vibration of a 4.5 bar pump? He thinks it is like a fish
tank pump.

Why would you need
a 4.5 bar pump if 'normal'
mains pressure is 3 bar?

This fool has no focus whatsoever.

No - or Prius. I drive a decent car.

--
*If you ate pasta and anti-pasta, would you still be hungry?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I feel an ode coming on...

snip inane, senile drivel

Thank gawd for that.

Yes all be glad of your caber tossing splutter snipped.

Wonder what your first language is? Zog?

--
*Great groups from little icons grow *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes
Combis are famous for the instant
high pressure showers they give. That
is why many people go for them.

Well this plumber, like you,

I'm not a plumber.

Well, what are you then ?

Heating engineer.

So, what professional body do you belong to ?

None. I don't like cliques, clans and clubs. Are you in the Morris dancing
club?

Sorry mate, it's 20 yearrs since I did any morris dancing

So you're not a member of the association of heating and plumbing
counter staff then

--
geoff
raden

In message , Capitol
writes

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The 64,000 dollar question. How about setting up a fund to pay an inquiry
agent to find out? I'll bung in a few quid. ;-)

You don't need to. A slow Google will reveal all!

Do it

out the bugger

--
geoff
Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message

ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes
Combis are famous for the instant
high pressure showers they give. That
is why many people go for them.

Well this plumber, like you,

I'm not a plumber.

Well, what are you then ?

Heating engineer.

So, what professional body do you belong to ?

None. I don't like cliques, clans and clubs. Are you in the Morris

dancing
club?

Sorry mate, it's 20 yearrs since I did any morris dancing

Whre you promoted to Rover dancing?

Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
news
In message , Capitol
writes

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The 64,000 dollar question. How about setting up a fund to pay an

inquiry
agent to find out? I'll bung in a few quid. ;-)

You don't need to. A slow Google will reveal all!

Do it

out the bugger

There are strange lunatics here. I couldn't be bothered about someone else.
You one of those pathetic types that stands out all night to watch the Queen
the next day.

Matt

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

The 64,000 dollar question. How about setting up a fund to pay an inquiry
agent to find out? I'll bung in a few quid. ;-)

No need, with the right contacts there is a huge file of info
available. Very interesting reading.
Doctor Drivel

"Matt" wrote in message
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

The 64,000 dollar question. How about setting up a fund to pay an inquiry
agent to find out? I'll bung in a few quid. ;-)

No need, with the right contacts there is a huge file of info
available. Very interesting reading.

An amateur Sherlock if ever there was one. What loonies.

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

My God! Does this turkey know how much, the size and price, and noise

and
vibration of a 4.5 bar pump? He thinks it is like a fish tank pump.

304mm x 423mm x 247mm
34 litres/minute @ 4.75bar
£203.28 trade

.....plus VAT, which means you will be pay closer to £300, then the flexible
and other fitting on top will make it probaly over £300. Some combi's are
not that much more expensive, and do not put out 44.8 dBA @ 1 metre, of
sound and vibrate the house down and never run out of hot water. Best go
for an additional combi.

Andy Hall

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 12:02:08 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

My God! Does this turkey know how much, the size and price, and noise

and
vibration of a 4.5 bar pump? He thinks it is like a fish tank pump.

304mm x 423mm x 247mm
34 litres/minute @ 4.75bar
£203.28 trade

....plus VAT, which means you will be pay closer to £300, then the flexible
and other fitting on top will make it probaly over £300. Some combi's are
not that much more expensive, and do not put out 44.8 dBA @ 1 metre, of
sound and vibrate the house down and never run out of hot water. Best go
for an additional combi.

Is there a combi guild or something like that? A deeper magic (in CS
Lewis speak)? Please tell us and we will understand that there is a
Deeper Magic here.

I noted from a recent article published by the BBC that over 70% of
people are not in favour of building on green field sites. I suppose
that the remaining 30% think that it is and believe that combis cure
world hunger, Bush's foreign policy and send helicopters to
Mozambique.

Clearly these people never run out of hot water either and firmly
believe that extracting a quart from a pint pot is eminently possible.
They also believe that water and gas supply provisioning is infinite
and that Poxi Batterton is a quality manufacturer. I imagine that
they still believe that Tony Blair is an honest man.

Discuss.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Andy Hall

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 09:03:44 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"raden" wrote in message
news
In message , Capitol
writes

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The 64,000 dollar question. How about setting up a fund to pay an

inquiry
agent to find out? I'll bung in a few quid. ;-)

You don't need to. A slow Google will reveal all!

Do it

out the bugger

There are strange lunatics here. I couldn't be bothered about someone else.
You one of those pathetic types that stands out all night to watch the Queen
the next day.

So you admit to being selfish. You don't like the idea of
organisations, trade bodies and centres of excellence, believing that
these are unqualified (even thiough you are unqualified yourself).

I am shocked. I thought that you were a good socialist. Clearly
some animals are more equal than others. I'm devasted at how you've
let down the Politburo. Lenin would turn in his tomb and Henry
wotsisname would wet his armchair.

Her Majesty is not amused.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:34:05 +0100, Matt
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

The 64,000 dollar question. How about setting up a fund to pay an inquiry
agent to find out? I'll bung in a few quid. ;-)

No need, with the right contacts there is a huge file of info
available. Very interesting reading.

there's enough material here for an entire conference.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 12:02:08 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

My God! Does this turkey know how much, the size and price, and noise

and
vibration of a 4.5 bar pump? He thinks it is like a fish tank pump.

304mm x 423mm x 247mm
34 litres/minute @ 4.75bar
£203.28 trade

....plus VAT, which means you will be pay closer to £300, then the

flexible
and other fitting on top will make it probaly over £300. Some combi's

are
not that much more expensive, and do not put out 44.8 dBA @ 1 metre, of
sound and vibrate the house down and never run out of hot water. Best go
for an additional combi.

Is there a combi guild or something like that?

Do you wnat to join?

I noted from a recent article
published by the BBC that over 70% of
people are not in favour of building on
green field sites.

That is because they are victims of propaganda. Tell people less than 7.5 %
of the land is built on and they don't believe it; you never knew until I
told you. They are so indoctrinated that they think half the country is
paved. Well your sycophantic ways would to keep the stinking landowning
rich, very rich. Must something to do with reptiles.

I suppose that the remaining 30% think
that it is and believe that combis cure
world hunger,

Was that in the survey too?

I imagine that
they still believe that Tony Blair
is an honest man.

Still brainwashed by Thatcher and the Tory party aren't you. The Tory party
has nothing to give 95% of the people of this country whatsoever.

We could all vote for them again, and have all those people living on the
streets and mass poverty again. ..and have them issue free Makita's to
Little Middle Englanders to put up high fences so they can't see the council
houses.

Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 09:03:44 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"raden" wrote in message
news
In message , Capitol
writes

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The 64,000 dollar question. How about setting up a fund to pay an

inquiry
agent to find out? I'll bung in a few quid. ;-)

You don't need to. A slow Google will reveal all!

Do it

out the bugger

There are strange lunatics here. I couldn't be bothered about someone

else.
You are one of those pathetic types that stands out all night to watch

the Queen
the next day.

So you admit to being selfish.

No. I'm not selfish.

You don't like the idea of
organisations, trade bodies and centres
of excellence, believing that
these are unqualified (even thiough you
are unqualified yourself).

Great in theory, but far too many are self interest groups.

I am shocked. I thought that you
were a good socialist.

I am Mr Citizen himself.

Clearly some animals are more equal
than others.

Like snakes?

I'm devasted at how you've
let down the Politburo.
Lenin would turn in his tomb and Henry
wotsisname would wet his armchair.

The Tory red under the bed brainwashing is surfacing.

Her Majesty is not amused.

I would have them totally gone and then most of us can be amused.

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

The 64,000 dollar question. How about setting up a fund to pay an

inquiry
agent to find out? I'll bung in a few quid. ;-)

No need, with the right contacts there is a huge file of info
available. Very interesting reading.

there's enough material here for an entire conference.

Do you go Googling on other people for days on end? You pervo!