Too_Many_Tools

Default Where Do You Put It All? ;<)

Now let me first say that I am a life long dumpster diver so I know the
thrill of the BIG FIND while dumpster diving....nothing else is quite
like it.

The problem I have and many others do too is "Where do you put it after
you find it?"

For me storage is a MAJOR problem...so much so that I have had to pass
on many, many good EXPENSIVE things.

I guess it is the age old problem of putting 10 pounds of stuff in a 5
pound box.

I would be interested in hearing of any suggestions (creative or
otherwise) of how you find somewhere...anywhere to put the booty that
we all find AND use.

Thanks

TMT

ff

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Now let me first say that I am a life long dumpster diver so I know the
thrill of the BIG FIND while dumpster diving....nothing else is quite
like it.

The problem I have and many others do too is "Where do you put it after
you find it?"

For me storage is a MAJOR problem...so much so that I have had to pass
on many, many good EXPENSIVE things.

I guess it is the age old problem of putting 10 pounds of stuff in a 5
pound box.

I would be interested in hearing of any suggestions (creative or
otherwise) of how you find somewhere...anywhere to put the booty that
we all find AND use.

Thanks

TMT

A guy I know was storing his junk in an unused dumpster (of all
things!) Unfortunately another diver discovered and claimed the
treasure :-(
Tim Killian

A better question might be "Why do we try to keep it all?". One of my
favorite Dilbert cartoons has Dilbert bringing a stack of documents to
the company archive. He tells the guy at the window "These are important
documents, and they need to be stored forever". After Dilbert leaves,
the archivist throws the whole stack into a trash can with the comment
"My job got so much easier when I realized they never ask for this stuff
again."

Look around at your collection and ask "When was the last time I opened
that box or picked up that tool? If it was more than five years ago,
throw it away, donate it, or sell it without another thought. If it was
more than two years ago, think seriously about its real value and
utility, and why you're still keeping it.

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Now let me first say that I am a life long dumpster diver so I know the
thrill of the BIG FIND while dumpster diving....nothing else is quite
like it.

The problem I have and many others do too is "Where do you put it after
you find it?"

For me storage is a MAJOR problem...so much so that I have had to pass
on many, many good EXPENSIVE things.

I guess it is the age old problem of putting 10 pounds of stuff in a 5
pound box.

I would be interested in hearing of any suggestions (creative or
otherwise) of how you find somewhere...anywhere to put the booty that
we all find AND use.

Thanks

TMT

carl mciver

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
SNIP

| I would be interested in hearing of any suggestions (creative or
| otherwise) of how you find somewhere...anywhere to put the booty that
| we all find AND use.
|

| Thanks
|

| TMT

I grew up near and industrial district and used to go diving every other
Sunday or so. Not only did I score some cool stuff, I learned a lot about
all kinds of stuff from the things folks throw away!

At work we use a lot of a certain part and each comes in a box that
happens to have foam, can be unfolded flat, and is just the right size for
about half of what I own in the garage. Like a small shoe box, sort of, and
it folds on the side, making stacking a very nice deal. Being black, I
simply use a white marker or white label on the end. I've got over a
hundred of them in different areas, storing different things. I more or
less ran out of places that accept them, so I have to figure something out
again. Maybe its time to start thinking about ebay, craigs list, or
freecycle as a way to unload some of the stuff I truly have never used, or
don't think I ever will.

If you don't want to invest in some plastic storage containers, find a
source for cardboard storage bins. You can get them in all sizes and
depths, although they can't be stacked very well because of the open tops.
Very cheap, too. I see entire pallets of them still flat and wrapped,
heading down to surplus, now that the company is going to just in time.

Grant Erwin

One simple rule: use it or lose it! The larger something is the more useful
it has to be RIGHT NOW AND ALL THE TIME. If something is big or cost a lot
and you aren't using it, it should GO. Reclaim your space and your money.

This is a hard hard lesson to learn. It's taken me a lifetime and I'm still
learning.

GWE

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Now let me first say that I am a life long dumpster diver so I know the
thrill of the BIG FIND while dumpster diving....nothing else is quite
like it.

The problem I have and many others do too is "Where do you put it after
you find it?"

For me storage is a MAJOR problem...so much so that I have had to pass
on many, many good EXPENSIVE things.

I guess it is the age old problem of putting 10 pounds of stuff in a 5
pound box.

I would be interested in hearing of any suggestions (creative or
otherwise) of how you find somewhere...anywhere to put the booty that
we all find AND use.

Thanks

TMT

AZOTIC

Look around at your collection and ask "When was the last time I opened
that box or picked up that tool? If it was more than five years ago,
throw it away, donate it, or sell it without another thought. If it was
more than two years ago, think seriously about its real value and
utility, and why you're still keeping it

My heirs have indicated they prefer cash.

Best Regards
Tom.
Nick Hull

In article ,
Gene Kearns wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:15:16 -0700, Tim Killian
wrote:

Look around at your collection and ask "When was the last time I opened
that box or picked up that tool? If it was more than five years ago,
throw it away, donate it, or sell it without another thought. If it was
more than two years ago, think seriously about its real value and
utility, and why you're still keeping it.

Yeah, right.... the surest way to tempt Murphy is to throw something
away. It may not have been touched for 30 years, but the moment after
you throw it away... you'll NEED it....

I've seen this done with everything from tooling, to entire sets of
blueprints.....

Amen. I have some tools I only use for a few minutes every 5 years. If
I didn't keep it I would have to make a new one every time.

Where to keep it? Start by buying a farm, 100 ac is a good start. You
van keep lots of good stuff. Yes, I do throw stuff away if I NEVER use
it.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Errol Groff

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:33:37 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:

Being black, I simply use a white marker or white label on the end.

Carl:

I can't imagine that it makes any difference to any r.c.m.'er what
your race, national origin or religion is. Your contirbution to the
list is appreciated whaterever or whoever you are.

Oh, wait, you meant that the BOXES are black. Silly me. Ignore the
previous paragraph.

Errol

Errol Groff

Last year, after my mother in law had passed on, we had to deal with
the problem of getting riid of all her stuff and her home.

During that wickedly laborious process my daughter was over to our
house and looked around and said "I certinaly hope you guys have a
plan for what to do with all your stuff."

I immediatly responded, "we sure do Sue, we plan to get old, die, and
let you figure out what to do with it!"

Apparently that was not the answer that she was looking for.

Errol Groff

Tom Gardner

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Now let me first say that I am a life long dumpster diver so I know the
thrill of the BIG FIND while dumpster diving....nothing else is quite
like it.

The problem I have and many others do too is "Where do you put it after
you find it?"

For me storage is a MAJOR problem...so much so that I have had to pass
on many, many good EXPENSIVE things.

I guess it is the age old problem of putting 10 pounds of stuff in a 5
pound box.

I would be interested in hearing of any suggestions (creative or
otherwise) of how you find somewhere...anywhere to put the booty that
we all find AND use.

Thanks

TMT

This is the first tim I have bottom-posted...I hope I do it right.

I just wish you lived near me, I could save a fortune in hauling services.

larry g

Errol
Do as my Mother in law does....send it off to you children. About 6-8 times
a year we get a large box filled with old clothes, nicnacks, and just plain
junk. Most of it is sent right on to Goodwill or where ever but at least
MIL doesn't have to deal with it.
lg
no neat sig line

"Errol Groff" wrote in message
news

Last year, after my mother in law had passed on, we had to deal with
the problem of getting riid of all her stuff and her home.

During that wickedly laborious process my daughter was over to our
house and looked around and said "I certinaly hope you guys have a
plan for what to do with all your stuff."

I immediatly responded, "we sure do Sue, we plan to get old, die, and
let you figure out what to do with it!"

Apparently that was not the answer that she was looking for.

Errol Groff

Gunner

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 07:39:22 -0500, Nick Hull
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Ive been building a pole barn/awning the last couple weekends and for
the first time in 8 yrs, dug out the Clark "Realist" transit to level
it. If Id disposed of it, Id still be working on getting it level.
Took me about 20 minutes to do the job.

Course I did have to move a whole bunch of Stuff to find it....sigh

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
Grant Erwin

Ive been building a pole barn/awning the last couple weekends and for
the first time in 8 yrs, dug out the Clark "Realist" transit to level
it. If Id disposed of it, Id still be working on getting it level.
Took me about 20 minutes to do the job.

Course I did have to move a whole bunch of Stuff to find it....sigh

Gunner, you are the LAST guy to ask for advice about how to keep from
accumulating too much stuff. If you lived where I lived you'd have the
rustiest back yard on the planet. Of course, I *love* back yards like yours,
sigh.

Grant
Too_Many_Tools

Maybe...maybe not.

The stuff I have usually goes for big bucks on Ebay....trash it ain't.

The difference between good and bad "junk" is usually defined by the
user.

What my neighbors consider to be junk in my shop is worth more
dollarwise than all the contents of their home.

My problem (if you want to call it that) is too many tools with too
little room (and too little time).

TMT

Mark Rand

On 22 Jan 2005 15:03:20 -0800, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

Now let me first say that I am a life long dumpster diver so I know the
thrill of the BIG FIND while dumpster diving....nothing else is quite
like it.

The problem I have and many others do too is "Where do you put it after
you find it?"

For me storage is a MAJOR problem...so much so that I have had to pass
on many, many good EXPENSIVE things.

I guess it is the age old problem of putting 10 pounds of stuff in a 5
pound box.

I would be interested in hearing of any suggestions (creative or
otherwise) of how you find somewhere...anywhere to put the booty that
we all find AND use.

Thanks

TMT

For the two weeks before Christmas there was a 6'x3', double sided, louvred
panel, storage rack in the scrap compound at work. It kept calling out to me,
but I ignored it. In the week after new year I gave in, loaded it into the van
and brought it home. Last week I got 120 bins in two different sizes for it,
on ebay. Now I've got more storage.... once I've finished building the new
workshop to put it in.

Mark Rand
RTFM

Gerald Miller

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 09:45:46 -0800, "larry g"
wrote:

[...]

SWMBO plans to hold the yard sale to end all yard sales on the first
weekend after my funeral.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Spehro Pefhany

wrote:

[...]

Be sure to check at the end of our driveway the first garbage day
after mine. And probably quite a few after that. ;-)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Jordan

For storage of large things over a period of months, I bought an old
shipping container and got it delivered to my place.
After loading it, I sent it to a container storage company, who charged
far less than self-storage companies. When I was ready for it again, it
was delivered back to me.
I had to get something out while it was still at the container company,
but that didn't cost much. Fun to see them use the giant forklift to get
my container which was about 40 foot up a stack.
When I was done with the container, I sold it and got most of what I
paid back again.
Considerations:
Used shipping containers can be quite beat-up or rusty. I paid more for
a lockable, waterproof one.
I had to make sure I didn't make it too heavy - the tilt-tray truck
needs to able to lift it (ask beforehand, not later!).
Access - the truck needs to able to get to the container, so a big, flat
area helps. Municipal authorities tend not to like you putting it on the
street.
If using a tilt-tray transporter, it comes down with a bit of a thump!
Things need to be secured, or accept there might be some damage.
Cost of transport needs to be added, every time it's moved.
Not a perfect solution to all storage needs, but it worked great for me,
and the overall cost was very low compared to other options.
This in no way supports the notion that one should collect more junk!

Jordan
Grant Erwin

Peter W. Meek wrote:

Well, as an heir, I prefer the "stuff". My dad has
been collecting neat stuff since he was a kid. He
has a basement full as well as an old dairy barn
stuffed to the ceilings with all kinds of neat things.
He used to haunt the local surplus store back when
military surplus meant something other than green
clothing.

I'd feel betrayed of my patrimony if he ever decided
to get rid of everything.

... and thus it is demonstrated yet again that the disease of clutter-itis
is indeed a transgenerational behavioral disorder.

GWE

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:37:04 -0500, Gene Kearns
wrote:

Look around at your collection and ask "When was the last time I opened
that box or picked up that tool? If it was more than five years ago,
throw it away, donate it, or sell it without another thought. If it was
more than two years ago, think seriously about its real value and
utility, and why you're still keeping it.

Yeah, right.... the surest way to tempt Murphy is to throw something
away. It may not have been touched for 30 years, but the moment after
you throw it away... you'll NEED it....

I've seen this done with everything from tooling, to entire sets of
blueprints.....

Yes, my bore pump stopped Saturday, traced it to a corroded tank
level microswitch. When I installed the system 10+ years ago I
bought 2 microswitches so I just have to fit the spare on the tank.
--

Homepage
http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/machine_shop/index.htm

Alan
in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8
VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address

On 23 Jan 2005 11:19:02 -0800, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

My problem (if you want to call it that) is too many tools with too
little room (and too little time).

Same for me, my workshop is only 6 metres square, other than metal
lathe & mill, all my (woodworkinmg) tools are mounted on wheeled
stands and rolled out when I need to use them. Not very
satisfactory, so I will probably get a 40' seatainer ( less expensive
than a shed ). I can move all my timber stocks, sawbench, router
table, wood lathes out there AND still have room to store the tractors
under cover in the seatainer. Workshop would then be purely for
metalworking.
Alan
in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8
VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:03:15 -0500, the inscrutable Gerald Miller
spake:

SWMBO plans to hold the yard sale to end all yard sales on the first
weekend after my funeral.

Have you made up stickers and a valuation list for her yet, Gerry?

Hmmm, on second thought, that might not be a good idea. When she finds
out how much your "junk" is worth, the potential for greed just might
shorten your lifespan.

Please return Stewardess to her original upright position.
--------------------------------------
http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!

Grant Erwin

One thing to add to this (periodically recurring) thread. When purging,
you can sell things, donate them to charity, give them away to friends, or
as a last resort you can put them out with a free sign on them. I have
rid myself of a lot of stuff with a free sign.

Recently, however, a bunch of stuff at the end of my (long) driveway
apparently caught the interest of someone on the shady side since they
felt free to also help themselves to my 5000 watt generator and my 2
welded aluminum sawhorses. Ouch.

So *if* you put stuff out with a free sign be aware that it will attract
very acquisitive people, and that this can be a security risk.

Lesson learned ..

GWE
jim rozen

In article , Grant Erwin says...

One thing to add to this (periodically recurring) thread. When purging,
you can sell things, donate them to charity, give them away to friends, or
as a last resort you can put them out with a free sign on them. I have
rid myself of a lot of stuff with a free sign.

Recently, however, a bunch of stuff at the end of my (long) driveway
apparently caught the interest of someone on the shady side since they
felt free to also help themselves to my 5000 watt generator and my 2
welded aluminum sawhorses. Ouch.

AAAahhh! What skunks! My condolances.

The only worse thing is coming home all the time
and finding those "machine tools for sale, U-haul-em,
one dollar each!" signs my wife *swears* she is not
putting in the front yard.

Jim

please reply to:

Winston

Grant Erwin wrote:
(...)

So *if* you put stuff out with a free sign be aware that it will attract
very acquisitive people, and that this can be a security risk.

http://www.freecycle.org/

As the donor, I get to specify where and when the item is picked up.
The parking lot of my local strip mall is the perfect site.

I've freed up several square feet in the garage and storage building
over the last few weeks by Freecycling.

Request a phone number as part of your ad. It is a great 'flake filter'.

If you have several folks who email you in response to your listing, you
may select from them based on any criteria at all. (Politeness works
wonders with me).

This stuff is *Out of Here*.

(4) 50 lb bags of refractory cement
(16) 3/8" and 1/2" drive sockets of random description and size
(Now I can open my socket drawer *any time*! Ahhh!)
(1) Mini refrigerator. Worked great, just didn't need it.
(8) Electric motors of various types.

BTW the effect of getting rid of something (and then needing it) has happened
to me exactly *twice* in my lifetime. I have used the resulting square feet
of shop space many hundreds of times, though.

This is a trade I would make again, anytime.

--Winston

Grant Erwin

jim rozen wrote:

In article , Grant Erwin says...

One thing to add to this (periodically recurring) thread. When purging,
you can sell things, donate them to charity, give them away to friends, or
as a last resort you can put them out with a free sign on them. I have
rid myself of a lot of stuff with a free sign.

Recently, however, a bunch of stuff at the end of my (long) driveway
apparently caught the interest of someone on the shady side since they
felt free to also help themselves to my 5000 watt generator and my 2
welded aluminum sawhorses. Ouch.

AAAahhh! What skunks! My condolances.

The only worse thing is coming home all the time
and finding those "machine tools for sale, U-haul-em,
one dollar each!" signs my wife *swears* she is not
putting in the front yard.

In the city where I grew up I used to hear guys saying "bitch put my
stuff out on the street" .. at least no matter how bad things get in
my relationship, she isn't going to throw my Bridgeport out the back
door :-)

GWE
SteveF

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Now let me first say that I am a life long dumpster diver so I know the
thrill of the BIG FIND while dumpster diving....nothing else is quite
like it.

The problem I have and many others do too is "Where do you put it after
you find it?"

For me storage is a MAJOR problem...so much so that I have had to pass
on many, many good EXPENSIVE things.

I guess it is the age old problem of putting 10 pounds of stuff in a 5
pound box.

I would be interested in hearing of any suggestions (creative or
otherwise) of how you find somewhere...anywhere to put the booty that
we all find AND use.

Thanks

One guy I know frequents the disposal sales at the local military bases and
has several surplus shipping containers lined up in his yard that he got
pretty cheaply.

Steve.

Gerald Miller

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:27:48 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:03:15 -0500, the inscrutable Gerald Miller
spake:

SWMBO plans to hold the yard sale to end all yard sales on the first
weekend after my funeral.

Have you made up stickers and a valuation list for her yet, Gerry?

Hmmm, on second thought, that might not be a good idea. When she finds
out how much your "junk" is worth, the potential for greed just might
shorten your lifespan.

Actually, most of my "stuff" is of little value to anyone who doesn't
have the mental plans for it. The computers are valued at a buck each,
or less, except for this one, and she knows how to use it. Three sons
could pretty well demolish the tool supply.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Grant Erwin wrote:
jim rozen wrote:

In article , Grant Erwin says...

[ ... ]

The only worse thing is coming home all the time
and finding those "machine tools for sale, U-haul-em,
one dollar each!" signs my wife *swears* she is not
putting in the front yard.

In the city where I grew up I used to hear guys saying "bitch put my
stuff out on the street" .. at least no matter how bad things get in
my relationship, she isn't going to throw my Bridgeport out the back
door :-)

Hmm ... that depends.

1) Do you have a forklift?

2) Does she know how to use it?

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Porky

Well, I really didn't know that you are black. You sound so white to
me

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:33:37 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:

Being black, I
simply use

Too_Many_Tools

On making lists of your workshop contents and giving it to your
spouse...

After observing what has happened when several neighborhood marriages
ended over the years, I would think twice before making a list of your
tools with valuations and giving it to the spouse.

Nothing like giving someone you thought you could trust a very big
knife to cut your own throat to make a divorce even more interesting
than it would normally be.....

TMT

Rich

Not necessarily..
My dad had it, to some extent, my mom certainly didn't.
I've ALWAYS had it... my brother doesn't. I was 8 years old, he 14, and
I was storing some school papers. "Throw those AWAY!" he told me. "You
can throw them away now, or you can throw them away later, but some day
you are going to throw them away, why not throw them away NOW!"

A good friend of mine, finishing a project, was throwing some scrap
lumber away. "HEY!", I shouted, "Those 2x4's are still good for
something!" He replied: "If I need them in the future, I'll buy them
fresh, in the right quantity and size that I need. Until then, there is
no need to keep them, taking up space, on the chance I'll use them."

Some people (me) think things have value in and of themselves.
Other people (rational ones) think things have value only when they can
DO something for you.

Rich
(Hello... My name is Rich, and I am a clutteraholic)
OOOooooo... I might NEED that someday!

Grant Erwin wrote:
Peter W. Meek wrote:

.. and thus it is demonstrated yet again that the disease of clutter-itis
is indeed a transgenerational behavioral disorder.

GWE

Peter W. Meek

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:46:00 -0800, Winston
wrote:

BTW the effect of getting rid of something (and then needing it) has happened
to me exactly *twice* in my lifetime. I have used the resulting square feet
of shop space many hundreds of times, though.

It's happened to me a lot more often than that.
But then I keep a lot of stuff and use a lot
of stuff in tinkering. Being a "keeper" means
I tend to do things that a keeper is *able* to
do simply because he has all that miscellany.

In contrast to my "keep everything" mentality,
my cousin Jerry has a policy of "not used for
two years then dump it". He says that by not
paying for facilities to store all the junk,
he can afford to buy new if it turns out that
he needs something that got dumped. He may be
right, but I say that the "thing" isn't there
on a snowed-in Saturday night when you discover
you need it. (Of course, it might take you 'til
Wednesday to find the darn thing.)

And when I say dumped, I mean it. Brand new or
once used stuff in original boxes gets loaded
into a 12 x 8 trailer and pickup box and hauled
to the dump.

--
--Pete
"Peter W. Meek"
Old Nick

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:37:04 -0500, Gene Kearns
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I agree with what you say, and live a life tat proves my stance....

But Murphy is one jump ahead. You will ......NEED...... something that
is _nearly_ it........but just different enough that it takes more
time than it's worth to modify...etc etc....

Murphy RULES, OK? ALWAYS.

....Never underestimate the power of Murph.
G???

Yeah, right.... the surest way to tempt Murphy is to throw something
away. It may not have been touched for 30 years, but the moment after
you throw it away... you'll NEED it....

I've seen this done with everything from tooling, to entire sets of
blueprints.....

Old Nick

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:23:31 -0800, Grant Erwin
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

And I thought the clutteritis was a transgenital thing......

.. and thus it is demonstrated yet again that the disease of clutter-itis
is indeed a transgenerational behavioral disorder.

Old Nick

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 07:39:22 -0500, Nick Hull
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

150 acres......... According to your calcs, I have 50 acres of
"bitchin' free" junk area....

bugger! blew it! Used the 50 acres...still working on the bitchin'

Where to keep it? Start by buying a farm, 100 ac is a good start. You
van keep lots of good stuff. Yes, I do throw stuff away if I NEVER use
it.

Old Nick

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:05:55 GMT, vaguely
proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

microswitch?????????!!!!!!!

That's a little thing! Unfair! (but a bewdy)

That's the sort of legalese I use for my justification! The things
that need justifying are the saws, backhoe arms, ploughs, ditch
diggers, sheds......

.....the really painful ones are the piles of unconstructed
shelving......

Now you may knock me for that. But have you ever bought a pile of
shelving for a thousand bucks (spend money get excited right???) then
spent three days building the fuggin bits......

.......and 5 minutes filling them........

...........with stuff you really are not sure you want?

Sounds like that date, and SEX , and marriage, right?

Yes, my bore pump stopped Saturday, traced it to a corroded tank
level microswitch. When I installed the system 10+ years ago I
bought 2 microswitches so I just have to fit the spare on the tank.
--

Homepage
http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/machine_shop/index.htm

Alan
in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8
VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address

Hey, man! How goes it? You been quiet.....Just watching my stirring?

BTW. I agree about the level switch. I constantly fight my watering
system, which runs on the edge of disaster at all times. Non-Aust
people outside of deserts may not comprehend. G Those bits and
pieces can save your bum.

Old Nick

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:01:29 GMT, Errol Groff
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Last year, after my mother in law had passed on, we had to deal with
the problem of getting riid of all her stuff and her home.

During that wickedly laborious process my daughter was over to our
house and looked around and said "I certinaly hope you guys have a
plan for what to do with all your stuff."

I immediatly responded, "we sure do Sue, we plan to get old, die, and
let you figure out what to do with it!"

chncchnnchcn! Beautiful!