Old Nick

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:37:04 -0500, Gene Kearns
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I agree with what you say, and live a life tat proves my stance....

But Murphy is one jump ahead. You will ......NEED...... something that
is _nearly_ it........but just different enough that it takes more
time than it's worth to modify...etc etc....

Murphy RULES, OK? ALWAYS.

....Never underestimate the power of Murph.
G???

Yeah, right.... the surest way to tempt Murphy is to throw something
away. It may not have been touched for 30 years, but the moment after
you throw it away... you'll NEED it....

I've seen this done with everything from tooling, to entire sets of
blueprints.....