Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Roger Hull

Default Need help in removing drill chuck from Sears Reversible Variable Speed Hand Drill

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:20:29 -0800, Tony wrote
(in message ):

Hi,
I have the said drill in fairly good condition, except that the run-out of
the
chuck was terrible. Lately, I have acquired a Sears Rotary Tool Stand.
When I
clamped the Tool Chuck (which was quite good visually) to the Drill Chuck,
the
run-out of the hand drill was so bad, that the whole thing shakes! I want to
disassemble the Hand Drill chuck and see if I can do anything to improve it.
Any suggestion?

Tony
---

Open the chuck as wide as it goes. Look in, there should be a screw head
visible. The end of the motor shaft is tapped and threaded for this screw and
it MAY be left-handed threads. Once this screw is removed you can unscrew the
chuck from the drill. It should be right-hand thread.