Gunner

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 02:07:44 GMT, Tony
wrote:

Yes, the screw is a Left-hand thread!
There is also a small hole about 3/16" in the casting along the drill shaft,
that a nail can be put in to lock the drill shalf for chuck removal.
Now I got the Craftman chuck out, and I happened to have a cheapie 1-speed
Harbour Freight 3/8'" drill laying around. I switched the HF chuck into the
Craftman drill, and the runout is greatly improved, to the point that I can use
the Craftman drill in the drill press stand. Thanks to everyone, including
Gunner and Bugs for the sarcastic comments.

It wasnt meant to be a sarcastic comment. In 6 months, post to the
group how well this kludge works. I had one of those lashups and hated
it from the first time I used it.

Shrug..time will tell

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio