Ken Grunke

Tony wrote:

Anyone has tried the HF 18V variable speed cordless drill (Drill Master)? It
was on sale at our local store for 16.99 (yes, no typo), but I did not get one.
It is 0-900 rpm and has 16 torque settings. Question: How is the torque setting
being "set"? Is it that they just limit the maximum current that can be drawn?
I thought that everyone would love to set it at the maximum torque, No???

That would refer to the slip clutch, most likely--you set it low when
screwing drywall so it doesn't go through and highest for drilling.
"Torque" is an improper term for this, but would correctly apply to the
hi-low switch which gives two gear ranges.

Ken Grunke

--
take da "ma" offa dot com fer eemayl