Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Recommendations on .380 ACP ammunition.

On 10/22/2015 1:00 AM, John B. wrote:

One is forced to ask, is there one in the toilet also? Or do you feel
safe relieving yourself without an armory to defend you?
--
cheers,

John B.

Statistically, 73% of all home invasions occur when someone is on the
john. So, all bathrooms should have a firearm...in a safe of course.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 02:17:21 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/22/2015 1:00 AM, John B. wrote:

One is forced to ask, is there one in the toilet also? Or do you feel
safe relieving yourself without an armory to defend you?
--
cheers,

John B.

Statistically, 73% of all home invasions occur when someone is on the
john. So, all bathrooms should have a firearm...in a safe of course.

You mean that you are sitting there on the "throne" and the noise from
someone smashing in a solid front door with proper locks on it doesn't
alert you?

Or that the cheap hollow core front door that you didn't bother to
lock open so easy that you didn't hear it?

I'm in no way opposed to gun ownership but what I read - a 6 year old
kid at home, his parents out, finds a loaded gun and shoots a playmate
- sounds like some thing out of fiction. If you had young kids would
you leave loaded guns laying around all over the house? On top of the
fridge?

Of course, as one individual wrote you may actually need a loaded gun
in the kitchen to protect your 2nd amendment rights? Right?

Now, I can be a bit specific, I never had less then three pistols and
1 shotgun and two rifles in the house, in an unlocked gun cabinet or
gun box the whole time our three kids were growing up and never a
single one of that ever tinkered with any of the guns.

And I don't consider me, or my kids as anything unusual. I was raised
in a family that had, at least in the living generations, always had
guns, and the kids never fooled with them. My eldest grandparent was
born in 1875 and still alive when I was a kid. Had a Fox double barrel
12 gauge set in the corner of the kitchen as far back as I can
remember. How else would you keep the foxes away from the chickens?

So that is a family that dates back for 140 years with guns in the
house and not a single kid shot his playmate.

I have this dreadful feeling that it isn't the guns that are the
problem, it is the people.
--
cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 10/22/2015 1:00 AM, John B. wrote:

One is forced to ask, is there one in the toilet also? Or do you feel
safe relieving yourself without an armory to defend you?
--
cheers,

John B.

Statistically, 73% of all home invasions occur when someone is on the
john. So, all bathrooms should have a firearm...in a safe of course.

So, how long would it take you to get your gun out of your wall safe
while on the john and an invasion is in process?

"Gee, I knew my combination a minute ago..."

Perhaps the solution to that little dilemma is to have everyone go
armed. (to the "wild west" groupies, 300mil+ arms are in American
hands now, and no wild west show has happened yet)

I sure wish that the statisticians would separate the numbers for us.
AFAIC, suicide is not a gun crime. If the gun grabbers saw the figures
that came from the gang members alone, it might be enough to stop
their crusade against guns and start after the gangs. Isn't it about
time for a wholesome change? Perhaps a 3-strikes-and-you're-dead law?
(Warehousing only seems to breed a more hardened criminal. And the
recidivism rate for dead criminals is zero.) Open season on gang tats?
Cops and police snipers finally get some serious trigger time.

And let's stop wasting money on the War Against Crime. Spend just a
tiny bit of that money on ammo and ranges to get the boys in blue some
trigger time to get their precision back up. The shots to hits ratio
is miserable right now.

--
Some people confuse change with progress.
--Abraham Lincoln
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 10:49:48 AM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:

So, how long would it take you to get your gun out of your wall safe
while on the john and an invasion is in process?

I must be doing something wrong. I have newer had a home invasion, much less one while I was on the john. I live a very boring life.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/21/2015 11:00 PM, John B. wrote:

One is forced to ask, is there one in the toilet also? Or do you feel
safe relieving yourself without an armory to defend you?
--
cheers,

John B.

I do not arm myself for the second amendment.

I arm myself to protect my family from heartless
cold-blooded murders, rapist, thugs and thieves.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John B." wrote:

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 08:24:52 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"John B." wrote:

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 18:13:07 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/20/2015 2:36 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I know, safes cost tens of thousands of dollars, so why waste the money?

Actually..big safes cost many thousands of dollars. How much for one
that will hold 77 rifles and handguns?

Gunner

You know the point I'm trying to make, don't fight me.

Perhaps a better question might be "why was there a loaded piston on
the top of the fridge". Are U.S. kitchens so dangerous that one needs
to go armed?

Not at all. They are kept ready just in case some idiot foreigner
mouths off about taking away our Second Amendment. We have no desire to
be turned into the sissies that you losers allowed yourself to become.
We welcome any of you whiny assed little girls to come and try to disarm
us.

The word intended was "pistol", not "piston", but that aside, you are
saying that the threat to the 2nd amendment is actually so grave that
one needs a gun in the kitchen to defend it?

No, I'm saying that you are a fool.

One is forced to ask, is there one in the toilet also? Or do you feel
safe relieving yourself without an armory to defend you?

Do you really want to find out for yourself? You might not survive
the answer. All I need is a spray can and a match, in the bathroom. It
would fry your face, and blind you. There is an old saying, Don't pick
a fight with an old man. They don't have as much to lose, so they will
just do you in.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/22/2015 7:21 AM, John B. wrote:

I have this dreadful feeling that it isn't the guns that are the
problem, it is the people.
--
cheers,

John B.

My point all along. A locked box is cheap, cheap insurance.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

One of my buds is a sergeant in a suburban police force. We shoot
together frequently and he wants me to help train the cops he works
with. He's looking into the legalities, if it's on the books, I could
get paid! I might need another endorsement on my certs. I don't know
how but for some reason I became rather capable of teaching basic
shooting skills, especially with women. It's all mental...like golf.
Once your equipment is right, it's a mater of getting in the zone and
practice, practice, practice. I'm back to 1k rounds a month.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 18:54:02 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/22/2015 7:21 AM, John B. wrote:

I have this dreadful feeling that it isn't the guns that are the
problem, it is the people.
--
cheers,

John B.

My point all along. A locked box is cheap, cheap insurance.

Not to get into an argument, but I thought that the original reason
for a "gun safe" was to prevent the casual robber from stealing your
guns and selling them on the street.

Heck, if you go back to the very early American days there was a law
that said you had to have a firelock and ammunition in the house else
you were subject to being fined. Never heard of them Pilgrim kids
shooting their mates :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Have you taken that accuracy course offered online? UFR, but it seems
to work. One-hole magazine shooting. Many of those taking it have cut
a playing or business card in half, edgewise, after the course.
_That's_ accuracy. If you can take it and train with it, you'd be
more highly paid, I'm certain. Sergeants would just love to have
their guys shooting that well. Couple hundred bucks worth it?

http://www.tacticalfirearmstrainings...om/insight-usb

--
Some people confuse change with progress.
--Abraham Lincoln

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 06:02:27 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 1:10:39 AM UTC-4, Tom Gardner wrote:

You can't train or trust a 3 year-old. No safe, no brains!

You may not be able to teach a 3 year old. But some of us are better at teaching than that.

Dan

Ayup.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:03:49 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 12:27:00 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

You may not be able to teach a 3 year old. But some of us are better at teaching than that.

Dan

locking up
guns when they're not actually in use is a lot more appropriate to the
realities of the world today, than teaching kids not to touch the
shotgun nehind the door.
--
Ed Huntress

I prefer to secure the ammunition. It is a lot smaller package to lock up and has less interest to kids.

And I do not teach kids not to touch guns. ] teach them how to check to see that they are not loaded. Not just the magazine , but also the chamber. And if it has a tubular magazine, to thump the butt on the floor to be sure there is not one in the magazine. And that you never point a gun at anything you do not want to shoot.

And also teach them to shoot. At three maybe a pellet rifle, but at about 7 teach shooting a .22.

Trying to teach them not to touch the shotgun behind the door just makes them curious about the shotgun. The more time you spend teaching them and letting them handle the guns, the less secret thrill there is at handling a gun.

Dan

Smart man!!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 07:35:28 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 20:04:05 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 17:54:40 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 5:01:18 PM UTC-4, Tom Gardner wrote:

Any gun owner that doesn't have and use a safe should be shot! Also, if
you have kids, get one with a combination lock, kids will ALWAYS find keys.

All gun owners should teach gun safety to all the members of their family. Kids are likely to find guns sometime. If the kids know gun safety, they will be okay even if they find guns and ammunition at the neighbours house.

Dan

Yep! I have had a bunch of guns floating around the house and we
raised one of our own and a bunch of foster kids with no incidents.

Familarity, training and actually taking them out to shoot with
regularity teachs the little ****s safe handling and they do pass what
they learned along to their friends and children

It's why our generations were safe to carry weapons to school and hunt
or plink on the way home. A gun is merely another tool in our arsenal
of wrestling/dancing with the world.

But one doesn't have to spend thousands on a safe. Locking gun
cabinets keep weapons out of the hands of kids and minor thieves, too.
8/10/12-long-gun cabinets cost under $200, and pistol cabinets start
at $50. http://tinyurl.com/nze797r / http://tinyurl.com/pnmyoll

You have seen my humble little collection....think I could get enough
of those 12 gun cabinets for less than $2k to fit my gear?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 07:45:35 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 23:35:25 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 01:07:28 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/19/2015 8:54 PM, wrote:
On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 5:01:18 PM UTC-4, Tom Gardner wrote:

Any gun owner that doesn't have and use a safe should be shot!
Also, if you have kids, get one with a combination lock, kids will
ALWAYS find keys.

All gun owners should teach gun safety to all the members of their
family. Kids are likely to find guns sometime. If the kids know gun
safety, they will be okay even if they find guns and ammunition at
the neighbours house.

Dan

Depends on how old they are. Kids have friends over. Why take the
chance? The responsible thing to do is get a safe!

Depends on where you live. In my neck of the desert...literaly every
home has at least one firearm in it. Accidental shootings are
literally unheard of.

In areas where gun owners are minorities..might be another story.

I have gun cabinets simply to keep the dust off them. They do have

Har! Unfortunately, your big cabinet doesn't really keep the dust off
them. Then again, it's large enough to have its own environment. Have
you seen clouds yet?

Grin
True enough..the big cabinet doesnt do a very good job of keeping the
dust off...but then I live in a dust bowl here in the desert. The
smaller high dollar one does a fair job, but 3/4 of them are in cases
in that cabinet...just to keep the brusing down.

decent locks..but there are arms here and there hidden throughout my
home. Now if someone from out of the area brings in kids and they are
not gun people...I advise them to keep an eye on their kids..as there
are guns around. Most of them wont be loaded with one up the
spout..

'Loaded with 1 chambered' is good. Hot prowls and kicked-in doors
don't leave you time to get up, remember the key/combination to the
safe, and secure a weapon.

Thats why I have revolvers as my hideaway guns for the most part.

but some indeed will be. And I put up the ones that are within
gun ignorant kids reach until they leave.

Good. I don't invite those types inside. g

Indeed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 07:15:59 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 23:36:17 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 01:12:14 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/19/2015 9:03 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Idiocracy Happens. The laws are in the books already, so there is no
need to add to the existing 20,000 laws, right?

BTW, any parent who doesn't introduce their very young children to
guns should also be whupped upside the haid. Familiarity reduces
accidents.

--
Some people confuse change with progress.
--Abraham Lincoln

I know, safes cost tens of thousands of dollars, so why waste the money?

Actually..big safes cost many thousands of dollars. How much for one
that will hold 77 rifles and handguns?

Got steel plate and a welder, son? wink, wink, nudge, nudge

You seem to be forgetting I dont live in a residence with a concrete
slab as a foundation. Its a manufactured home..which is pretty damned
close to a mobile home. Now...I could build a subfloor..or pour one
rather....want to come down and crawl under my place, build a form and
then have the 'crete pumped in, for me? Do ya?

(Grin)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 10/20/2015 2:36 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I know, safes cost tens of thousands of dollars, so why waste the money?

Actually..big safes cost many thousands of dollars. How much for one
that will hold 77 rifles and handguns?

Gunner

You know the point I'm trying to make, don't fight me.

Yeah..I know the point. I believe that its wrong. But then..Im old
school..where we had guns next to the door, loaded guns..and the kids
were trained to not screw with them. Personal responsibility has to
be taught from the nipple onwards.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 10/20/2015 2:36 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I know, safes cost tens of thousands of dollars, so why waste the money?

Actually..big safes cost many thousands of dollars. How much for one
that will hold 77 rifles and handguns?

Gunner

You know the point I'm trying to make, don't fight me.

Perhaps a better question might be "why was there a loaded piston on
the top of the fridge". Are U.S. kitchens so dangerous that one needs
to go armed?

In some places, yes indeed. In other places...those guns are the very
reason those places are very safe to live.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 18:21:42 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I'm in no way opposed to gun ownership but what I read - a 6 year old
kid at home, his parents out, finds a loaded gun and shoots a playmate
- sounds like some thing out of fiction. If you had young kids would
you leave loaded guns laying around all over the house? On top of the
fridge?

My kids never "found" a gun. They knew where they all were. And which
ones were loaded. And why. In fact..my kids shot each and every one
of my non secured weapons and were trained from the time they could
crawl what they were, why they were there (though teaching a 3 yr old
about "bad people" without leaving a pyschic bruise is tough..)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 09:37:16 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 10:49:48 AM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:

So, how long would it take you to get your gun out of your wall safe
while on the john and an invasion is in process?

I must be doing something wrong. I have newer had a home invasion, much less one while I was on the john. I live a very boring life.

Dan

Bless your god(s). And the smartness to live where you live.

I know folks who have been hit 2-4 times before they moved or were
killed. Shrug. I live in a very very small and safe town. We get
maybe 1-4 strong arm robberies a year between the druggies..and I
cannot recall the last time we had an armed robbery. And Ive been
here over 30 yrs.

On the other hand...40 miles away in Bakersfield..there are a couple
sections of town that its fairly common. Ethnic enclaves to be frank.
Both black and latino.

Same with Los Angeles.

On the other hand..I was sitting watching TV one night and a complete
stranger busted through the door and stood there staring at me for
about 2 seconds before being backed into a corner by a pack of dogs
and there was another 1 second or so period and he was staring down
the barrel of a condition 1 1911 with a ****ed off old boy on the
other end of it. I DO carry a lot of the time.
He was not a robber, just a drunk who went to the wrong house for a
party. He got to live and realize that he had ****ed up..nearly
terminally.

There has been a total of 6 times in the past 30+ yrs where Ive had
to draw and present a loaded firearm in defense of myself or another.
Fortunately...its been 35 yrs since I had to squeeze off rounds into
human targets in defense of myself or another. Each of those 6
times...I could have, and probably should have.. discharged my weapon,
simply to get the trash off the street...but there was no "need" to do
so as my rapid response to the threats minimized the threat nearly
instantly..or at least..gave them enough pause to understand they were
about to be harmed or killed and I gave them a moment or two to
realize this....and stop doing what I was about to shoot them for
doing. And I would have done just that..and gone for a burger
afterwards, if they had not "stood down" when they did.

Sometimes though...they dont give you the time to make those
decisions..and you do what you have to do, in the manner appropriate
at that instant in time. Shrug
Sucks to be you and their next of kin.

Taking a human life is easy. Living with it afterwards ...for most
folks..is much harder.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

No, and that's why I suggested steel plate and a welder. The problem
is hauling around those 1" thick 4x8' sheets...

-
To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want
to change the world who are causing all the trouble.
--Anonymous
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Oh, we'd just rip off the flooring so we could get to it, then
re-floor that room. OK, sho'nuff. My rate is $4k/day, including
subs. Take 3 days. Prepay, pleaseandthankyou.

I just finished painting my house and am recovering, maybe for a week.
sigh

then have the 'crete pumped in, for me? Do ya?

No, I'll let -you- bring it in by the wheelbarrow full.

-
To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want
to change the world who are causing all the trouble.
--Anonymous

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Which reminds me..about 10 yrs ago, a welder here in town built a 3/8"
plate steel gun cabinet out in his shop. He had somewhere over 300
collectable arms stored in it. Probably a half million dollars worth
of high end shotguns. While he and his family were on vacation,
someone got in with a plasma cutter and cut it to pieces and stole his
guns. All of them. Must have taken a couple U haul trailers to get em
out. Neighbors didnt hear a thing.

Gunner

-
To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want
to change the world who are causing all the trouble.
--Anonymous

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Im getting ready to assist on a major repair of a 15000 TON press down
in LA. They managed to break the 39" x 52' long, solid steel,
machined/turned support posts. Snapped 3 of them right off. So Ill
be working 24' up in the air on scaffolding for about 2 weeks,
starting Wed. They are building the scaffolding as I type this, and
removing the plates over the 3 story deep subfloor. It will be the
biggest press Ive ever helped repair. If I can take photos..Ill post
em. Should be interesting. And profitable...and there are 3 more
presses after this one. (Please Crom...money..lots of money!)

It looks somewhat similar to this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1SE1OhrWQ

then have the 'crete pumped in, for me? Do ya?

No, I'll let -you- bring it in by the wheelbarrow full.

Grin

-
To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want
to change the world who are causing all the trouble.
--Anonymous

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Correction..its only a 5000 ton press. But built along the same lines.

then have the 'crete pumped in, for me? Do ya?

No, I'll let -you- bring it in by the wheelbarrow full.

Grin

-
To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want
to change the world who are causing all the trouble.
--Anonymous

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 1:10:39 AM UTC-4, Tom Gardner wrote:

You can't train or trust a 3 year-old. No safe, no brains!

You may not be able to teach a 3 year old. But some of us are better at teaching than that.

Dan

Ayup.

****wit.

Ayup

Yep.

You didn't grow up in an area where hicks say "ayup." It's an
affectation. As stupid as you are, it's hard to believe you could
deliberately affect mannerisms that make you look even more stupid, but
in fact, you do. Say "ayup" if you wish. It's an obvious affectation,
and it makes you look stupid...which is not hard, because you are stupid.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, you see? THAT is why you want at least 1" plate.

That sucks for him, and it was almost certainly someone who knew him
that did the dirty deed.

-
To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want
to change the world who are causing all the trouble.
--Anonymous

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

How did they break so much at once? Did someone put something too
heavy to handle off to one side and keep the button pushed until it
all snapped?

Yes, pics please! G'luck on the money, too.

It looks somewhat similar to this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1SE1OhrWQ

Egad, who's the disco bitch that wrote the "music" for that?

-
To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want
to change the world who are causing all the trouble.
--Anonymous
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

When you are forging a piece of steel the size of a UPS truck...when
the balance goes out after something busts...at 5000,000 psi (5000
tons)...**** tends to unload..and load up other parts of the
press..increasing the pressures way past their own safety ranges and
BANG!!

They broke the nut and threaded end completely off one end of one
rod..the press no longer was in balance..and it simply busted the
remaining two nuts..and the 4th nut...it busted off at the BOTTOM of
the shaft..not the top. It was BANG! BANGBANGBOOM! by accounts..that
fast too. Having a 5' nut some 30' above the operators head come
loose..tends to make assholes pucker up pretty tight. That nut..has a
buttress thread and a hole in the middle of it thats 39" in diameter.

Yes, pics please! G'luck on the money, too.

It looks somewhat similar to this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1SE1OhrWQ

Egad, who's the disco bitch that wrote the "music" for that?

-
To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want
to change the world who are causing all the trouble.
--Anonymous

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 19:48:51 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

When you are forging a piece of steel the size of a UPS truck...when
the balance goes out after something busts...at 5000,000 psi (5000
tons)...**** tends to unload..and load up other parts of the
press..increasing the pressures way past their own safety ranges and
BANG!!

Helluva press!

They broke the nut and threaded end completely off one end of one
rod..the press no longer was in balance..and it simply busted the
remaining two nuts..and the 4th nut...it busted off at the BOTTOM of
the shaft..not the top. It was BANG! BANGBANGBOOM! by accounts..that
fast too. Having a 5' nut some 30' above the operators head come
loose..tends to make assholes pucker up pretty tight. That nut..has a
buttress thread and a hole in the middle of it thats 39" in diameter.

I'll bet people were pinching buttonholes in their skivvies.

That's bigger than Lady Liberty's nuts. g She has nuts with a 1'
span between flats holding her steel infrastructure to the pedestal.
I was impressed.

-
To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want
to change the world who are causing all the trouble.
--Anonymous
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/24/2015 9:26 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Sometimes though...they dont give you the time to make those
decisions..and you do what you have to do, in the manner appropriate
at that instant in time. Shrug
Sucks to be you and their next of kin.

Taking a human life is easy. Living with it afterwards ...for most
folks..is much harder.

I had a guy break in to my folk's attached garage. He was drunk and
thought he was breaking into his girlfriend's garage. As he moved
between the parked car front end and the wall that had 20 sheets of 1/2"
plywood the sheets slipped and pinned him to the bumper. The cops came
and laughed their asses off as the poor guy was in tears crying "Hep-me,
hep-me!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 10/20/2015 2:36 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I know, safes cost tens of thousands of dollars, so why waste the money?

Actually..big safes cost many thousands of dollars. How much for one
that will hold 77 rifles and handguns?

Gunner

You know the point I'm trying to make, don't fight me.

Yeah..I know the point. I believe that its wrong. But then..Im old
school..where we had guns next to the door, loaded guns..and the kids
were trained to not screw with them. Personal responsibility has to
be taught from the nipple onwards.

Most kids in the suburbs have never seen a real gun. My kids would have
had early training but I wouldn't trust their relatives or friends.
Most of my very large family (65 first cousins) are uber liberal and
anti gun...thus untrustworthy...and probably untrainable.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 10:49:48 AM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:

So, how long would it take you to get your gun out of your wall safe
while on the john and an invasion is in process?

I must be doing something wrong. I have newer had a home invasion, much less one while I was on the john. I live a very boring life.

Dan

Taking a human life is easy.

You wouldn't know.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner on Sun, 25 Oct 2015 19:25:52 -0400 typed
On 10/24/2015 9:26 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Sometimes though...they dont give you the time to make those
decisions..and you do what you have to do, in the manner appropriate
at that instant in time. Shrug
Sucks to be you and their next of kin.

Taking a human life is easy. Living with it afterwards ...for most
folks..is much harder.

I had a guy break in to my folk's attached garage. He was drunk and
thought he was breaking into his girlfriend's garage. As he moved
between the parked car front end and the wall that had 20 sheets of 1/2"
plywood the sheets slipped and pinned him to the bumper. The cops came
and laughed their asses off as the poor guy was in tears crying "Hep-me,
hep-me!

Never a carpenter's helper around when you need one.
--
pyotr
Job creation and destruction are both relentless.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

On 10/24/2015 9:26 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Sometimes though...they dont give you the time to make those
decisions..and you do what you have to do, in the manner appropriate
at that instant in time. Shrug
Sucks to be you and their next of kin.

Taking a human life is easy. Living with it afterwards ...for most
folks..is much harder.

I had a guy break in to my folk's attached garage. He was drunk and
thought he was breaking into his girlfriend's garage. As he moved
between the parked car front end and the wall that had 20 sheets of 1/2"
plywood the sheets slipped and pinned him to the bumper. The cops came
and laughed their asses off as the poor guy was in tears crying "Hep-me,
hep-me!

No sheet? Really, no sheet?