Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Recommendations on .380 ACP ammunition.

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 19:09:14 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/22/2015 10:49 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 02:17:21 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/22/2015 1:00 AM, John B. wrote:

One is forced to ask, is there one in the toilet also? Or do you feel
safe relieving yourself without an armory to defend you?
--
cheers,

John B.

Statistically, 73% of all home invasions occur when someone is on the
john. So, all bathrooms should have a firearm...in a safe of course.

So, how long would it take you to get your gun out of your wall safe
while on the john and an invasion is in process?

"Gee, I knew my combination a minute ago..."

Perhaps the solution to that little dilemma is to have everyone go
armed. (to the "wild west" groupies, 300mil+ arms are in American
hands now, and no wild west show has happened yet)

I sure wish that the statisticians would separate the numbers for us.
AFAIC, suicide is not a gun crime. If the gun grabbers saw the figures
that came from the gang members alone, it might be enough to stop
their crusade against guns and start after the gangs. Isn't it about
time for a wholesome change? Perhaps a 3-strikes-and-you're-dead law?
(Warehousing only seems to breed a more hardened criminal. And the
recidivism rate for dead criminals is zero.) Open season on gang tats?
Cops and police snipers finally get some serious trigger time.

And let's stop wasting money on the War Against Crime. Spend just a
tiny bit of that money on ammo and ranges to get the boys in blue some
trigger time to get their precision back up. The shots to hits ratio
is miserable right now.

--
Some people confuse change with progress.
--Abraham Lincoln

One of my buds is a sergeant in a suburban police force. We shoot
together frequently and he wants me to help train the cops he works
with. He's looking into the legalities, if it's on the books, I could
get paid! I might need another endorsement on my certs. I don't know
how but for some reason I became rather capable of teaching basic
shooting skills, especially with women. It's all mental...like golf.
Once your equipment is right, it's a mater of getting in the zone and
practice, practice, practice. I'm back to 1k rounds a month.

Have you taken that accuracy course offered online? UFR, but it seems
to work. One-hole magazine shooting. Many of those taking it have cut
a playing or business card in half, edgewise, after the course.
_That's_ accuracy. If you can take it and train with it, you'd be
more highly paid, I'm certain. Sergeants would just love to have
their guys shooting that well. Couple hundred bucks worth it?

http://www.tacticalfirearmstrainings...om/insight-usb