Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Recommendations on .380 ACP ammunition.

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 09:12:19 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 05:48:15 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 07:35:28 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 20:04:05 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 17:54:40 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 5:01:18 PM UTC-4, Tom Gardner wrote:

Any gun owner that doesn't have and use a safe should be shot! Also, if
you have kids, get one with a combination lock, kids will ALWAYS find keys.

All gun owners should teach gun safety to all the members of their family. Kids are likely to find guns sometime. If the kids know gun safety, they will be okay even if they find guns and ammunition at the neighbours house.

Dan
Yep! I have had a bunch of guns floating around the house and we
raised one of our own and a bunch of foster kids with no incidents.

Familarity, training and actually taking them out to shoot with
regularity teachs the little ****s safe handling and they do pass what
they learned along to their friends and children

It's why our generations were safe to carry weapons to school and hunt
or plink on the way home. A gun is merely another tool in our arsenal
of wrestling/dancing with the world.

But one doesn't have to spend thousands on a safe. Locking gun
cabinets keep weapons out of the hands of kids and minor thieves, too.
8/10/12-long-gun cabinets cost under $200, and pistol cabinets start
at $50. http://tinyurl.com/nze797r / http://tinyurl.com/pnmyoll

You have seen my humble little collection....think I could get enough
of those 12 gun cabinets for less than $2k to fit my gear?

No, and that's why I suggested steel plate and a welder. The problem
is hauling around those 1" thick 4x8' sheets...

Which reminds me..about 10 yrs ago, a welder here in town built a 3/8"
plate steel gun cabinet out in his shop. He had somewhere over 300
collectable arms stored in it. Probably a half million dollars worth
of high end shotguns. While he and his family were on vacation,
someone got in with a plasma cutter and cut it to pieces and stole his
guns. All of them. Must have taken a couple U haul trailers to get em
out. Neighbors didnt hear a thing.

Gunner

-
To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want
to change the world who are causing all the trouble.
--Anonymous