Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Recommendations on .380 ACP ammunition.

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 09:37:16 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 10:49:48 AM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:

So, how long would it take you to get your gun out of your wall safe
while on the john and an invasion is in process?

I must be doing something wrong. I have newer had a home invasion, much less one while I was on the john. I live a very boring life.

Dan

Bless your god(s). And the smartness to live where you live.

I know folks who have been hit 2-4 times before they moved or were
killed. Shrug. I live in a very very small and safe town. We get
maybe 1-4 strong arm robberies a year between the druggies..and I
cannot recall the last time we had an armed robbery. And Ive been
here over 30 yrs.

On the other hand...40 miles away in Bakersfield..there are a couple
sections of town that its fairly common. Ethnic enclaves to be frank.
Both black and latino.

Same with Los Angeles.

On the other hand..I was sitting watching TV one night and a complete
stranger busted through the door and stood there staring at me for
about 2 seconds before being backed into a corner by a pack of dogs
and there was another 1 second or so period and he was staring down
the barrel of a condition 1 1911 with a ****ed off old boy on the
other end of it. I DO carry a lot of the time.
He was not a robber, just a drunk who went to the wrong house for a
party. He got to live and realize that he had ****ed up..nearly
terminally.

There has been a total of 6 times in the past 30+ yrs where Ive had
to draw and present a loaded firearm in defense of myself or another.
Fortunately...its been 35 yrs since I had to squeeze off rounds into
human targets in defense of myself or another. Each of those 6
times...I could have, and probably should have.. discharged my weapon,
simply to get the trash off the street...but there was no "need" to do
so as my rapid response to the threats minimized the threat nearly
instantly..or at least..gave them enough pause to understand they were
about to be harmed or killed and I gave them a moment or two to
realize this....and stop doing what I was about to shoot them for
doing. And I would have done just that..and gone for a burger
afterwards, if they had not "stood down" when they did.

Sometimes though...they dont give you the time to make those
decisions..and you do what you have to do, in the manner appropriate
at that instant in time. Shrug
Sucks to be you and their next of kin.

Taking a human life is easy. Living with it afterwards ...for most
folks..is much harder.