Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bunch of sailboats this week...some killer deals!

Winter is here in many northern states and boat prices are falling
like a rock.

I posted some 60+ boats yesterday..some killer deals! Including a Free
32' Morgan..which someone already snagged.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 7:09:21 PM UTC-8, Gunner Asch posted sailboat ads because he's an asshole:

snip

**** off and die soon, Wieber.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 17-Nov-14 11:09 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

FFS as if the volume of political bull**** isn't enough, now the group
is merging into boatsales.com?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 15:43:14 +0800, Ken wrote:

On 17-Nov-14 11:09 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

FFS as if the volume of political bull**** isn't enough, now the group
is merging into boatsales.com?

Gee Ken, it would appear that your post just turned it into
Bitchabrick.com

Poor *******..simply couldnt keep your mouth shut could you...tsk tsk
tsk.

Now we get to have a half dozen posts on the subject simply because
you couldnt leave well enough alone.

Btw..there are at least (2) people here looking for sailboats..3 if
you count me.

Now what do you have to offer, other than a load of bull****?

Hummmm???

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 00:01:56 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 15:43:14 +0800, Ken wrote:

On 17-Nov-14 11:09 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
FFS as if the volume of political bull**** isn't enough, now the group
is merging into boatsales.com?

Gee Ken, it would appear that your post just turned it into
Bitchabrick.com

Poor *******..simply couldnt keep your mouth shut could you...tsk tsk
tsk.

Now we get to have a half dozen posts on the subject simply because
you couldnt leave well enough alone.

Btw..there are at least (2) people here looking for sailboats..3 if
you count me.

Now what do you have to offer, other than a load of bull****?

Gunner, you are in the wrong on this. For some time you've been
spamming the group with off-topic craigslist crap about sailboats.
Going on the attack instead of admitting you are wrong is bad.

--
jiw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In fact...here is a hell of a deal!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151472259580...:B:WNA:US:3160

Currently at $227. Consignor sale. $150 additional document fee

VERY nice boat!!!

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, November 17, 2014 12:42:11 PM UTC-8, James Waldby wrote:
[...]

What else would you expect from a ****bag like Mark Wieber who destroyed this newsgroup years ago with his crossposting to political and gun groups.

**** Mark Wieber and **** those who are a part of his clique of idiots.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Excellent deal!!!

1983 S2 Grand Slam 6.7 22' Sailboat - New York

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-S2-Gran...-/390973402653

US $10.85 Used in eBay Motors, Boats, Sailboats

2 days left to go

Very high marks from owners!!!

http://www.sailnet.com/boatchk/showp...p?product=1514

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT sailboat crap / was: Bunch of sailboats this week...some killer deals!

Hey Gunner , your clock is a few minutes fast . About 10 or so ... say ,
any chance you could find me a free sailboat to go with my $25 tractor ?
Near Heber Springs Ar , if possible , I don't have anything big enough to
haul one .

--
Snag
snicker

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 07:50:57 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Hey Gunner , your clock is a few minutes fast . About 10 or so ... say ,
any chance you could find me a free sailboat to go with my $25 tractor ?
Near Heber Springs Ar , if possible , I don't have anything big enough to
haul one .

How big or small a boat do you want? They come in size from 13' and
up. How big is your vehicle? Smaller trailerable sailboats tend to
not weigh very much (all things considered) My 24' Macgregor weighs
right at 2000 lbs. Add the weight of the trailer and its almost 2600.
The small boats weigh a couple hundred-500 lbs plus 200-300 for the
trailer.

Here are a few links..I dont know if they are still available and are
not free..but...shrug

Which reminds me..I found a Luger 16 for a guy yesterday..the owner
simply gave it to the fella. Trailer, 2.5 hp outboard..everything.
The guy has been undergoing treatment for cancer and he doesnt have
much money...so he was tickled ****less.
A lot of people will bargain down a LOOONG ways simply to get rid of a
boat they cant use anymore or are moving etc etc. The most money Ive
got tied up in any of my boats is $400 or so, and that includes
restoration cost.

Here is what I found within 200 miles of your zip code

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/boa/4736457951.html

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/boa/4704964189.html

http://memphis.craigslist.org/boa/4706488470.html

http://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/4757917485.html

http://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/4750338346.html

http://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/4734358955.html

http://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/4702930461.html

http://northmiss.craigslist.org/boa/4713891672.html

http://joplin.craigslist.org/boa/4744689414.html

I search 2x a week..and Ill repost any in your area, here.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hey Gunner , your clock is a few minutes fast . About 10 or so ... say ,
any chance you could find me a free sailboat to go with my $25 tractor ?
Near Heber Springs Ar , if possible , I don't have anything big enough to
haul one .

Oh..my clock is dead nuts on the money according to WWV and NIST

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hey Gunner , your clock is a few minutes fast . About 10 or so ... say ,
any chance you could find me a free sailboat to go with my $25 tractor ?
Near Heber Springs Ar , if possible , I don't have anything big enough to
haul one .

Join this yahoo group..its free of course and keep watching your area

Might want to go through the older ads and then try to contact the
owners..boat might still be around.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hey Gunner , your clock is a few minutes fast . About 10 or so ... say ,
any chance you could find me a free sailboat to go with my $25 tractor ?
Near Heber Springs Ar , if possible , I don't have anything big enough to
haul one .

Join this yahoo group..its free of course and keep watching your area

Might want to go through the older ads and then try to contact the
owners..boat might still be around.

Oh...Ebay is a great place to look also

Try this search...may not work for you...but..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Sailboats-/6...&_nkw=sailboat

sailboats are in Ebay Motors and there are a number of searches you
can do. The above one may..may start in my area.

Id LOVE..****ing LOVE to have that 22' S2 thats currently at $10.

Well made, fast, and that one looks to be in great shape

Its also in New York state..sigh...

You can look for sailboats (and anything else) by distance from your
locale..and cheapest first etc etc.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hey Gunner , your clock is a few minutes fast . About 10 or so ...
say , any chance you could find me a free sailboat to go with my $25
tractor ? Near Heber Springs Ar , if possible , I don't have
anything big enough to haul one .

snipped a bunch
Gunner

Ah , Gunner , I just said that to tweak those two that have been bitchin'
at you . Last thing I need is a boat .
--
Snag
Def of a boat : A hole in the water that you throw money into.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hey Gunner , your clock is a few minutes fast . About 10 or so ...
say , any chance you could find me a free sailboat to go with my $25
tractor ? Near Heber Springs Ar , if possible , I don't have
anything big enough to haul one .

snipped a bunch
Gunner

Ah , Gunner , I just said that to tweak those two that have been bitchin'
at you . Last thing I need is a boat .

But it was On Topic!

(Grin)

Ever been sailing? For a thinking man.its a blast. Anyone can flip a
switch and turn the steering wheel...(look at the number of for ****
drivers)..but sailing is an Art!

ought to try it sometime.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hey Gunner , your clock is a few minutes fast . About 10 or so ...
say , any chance you could find me a free sailboat to go with my
$25 tractor ? Near Heber Springs Ar , if possible , I don't have
anything big enough to haul one .

snipped a bunch
Gunner

Ah , Gunner , I just said that to tweak those two that have been
bitchin' at you . Last thing I need is a boat .

But it was On Topic!

(Grin)

Ever been sailing? For a thinking man.its a blast. Anyone can flip a
switch and turn the steering wheel...(look at the number of for ****
drivers)..but sailing is an Art!

ought to try it sometime.

Gunner

I get my rush on a motorcycle . And I spent enough time on the water back in
the 70's to last my lifetime and beyond .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hey Gunner , your clock is a few minutes fast . About 10 or so ...
say , any chance you could find me a free sailboat to go with my
$25 tractor ? Near Heber Springs Ar , if possible , I don't have
anything big enough to haul one .

snipped a bunch
Gunner

Ah , Gunner , I just said that to tweak those two that have been
bitchin' at you . Last thing I need is a boat .

But it was On Topic!

(Grin)

Ever been sailing? For a thinking man.its a blast. Anyone can flip a
switch and turn the steering wheel...(look at the number of for ****
drivers)..but sailing is an Art!

ought to try it sometime.

Gunner

I get my rush on a motorcycle . And I spent enough time on the water back in
the 70's to last my lifetime and beyond .

Hell son..I got scooters, skis, snow boards and sailboats. They dont
interfer with each other

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:59:10 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:
Ah , Gunner , I just said that to tweak those two that have been bitchin'
at you . Last thing I need is a boat .

I wasn't bitching at Gunner. I was pointing out that sailboat-for-sale
posts are off-topic in rec.crafts.metalworking. For some reason Gunner
reacted badly to the information. Oh well.

--
jiw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

James Waldby wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:59:10 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:
Ah , Gunner , I just said that to tweak those two that have been
bitchin' at you . Last thing I need is a boat .

I wasn't bitching at Gunner. I was pointing out that
sailboat-for-sale posts are off-topic in rec.crafts.metalworking.
For some reason Gunner reacted badly to the information. Oh well.

Actually James I find them a lot less irritating than those political posts
that are crossed to a gazillion groups .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
James Waldby wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:59:10 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:
Ah , Gunner , I just said that to tweak those two that have been
bitchin' at you . Last thing I need is a boat .

I wasn't bitching at Gunner. I was pointing out that
sailboat-for-sale posts are off-topic in rec.crafts.metalworking.
For some reason Gunner reacted badly to the information. Oh well.

Actually James I find them a lot less irritating than those
political posts that are crossed to a gazillion groups .

--
Snag

Then they all went away. Was it something I said?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 23:29:59 +0000 (UTC), James Waldby
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:59:10 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:
Ah , Gunner , I just said that to tweak those two that have been bitchin'
at you . Last thing I need is a boat .

I wasn't bitching at Gunner. I was pointing out that sailboat-for-sale
posts are off-topic in rec.crafts.metalworking. For some reason Gunner
reacted badly to the information. Oh well.

The posting of "off topic" messages to RCM is hardly a new event, nor
is/was it limited to Gunner :-)
--
cheers,

John D.Slocomb
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:59:10 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:
Ah , Gunner , I just said that to tweak those two that have been bitchin'
at you . Last thing I need is a boat .

I wasn't bitching at Gunner. I was pointing out that sailboat-for-sale
posts are off-topic in rec.crafts.metalworking. For some reason Gunner
reacted badly to the information. Oh well.

The posting of "off topic" messages to RCM is hardly a new event, nor
is/was it limited to Gunner :-)
--
cheers,

John D.Slocomb

Except Mark Wieber started it years ago with cross posting to political and gun groups.

Wake the **** up, asshole.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

James Waldby wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:59:10 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:
Ah , Gunner , I just said that to tweak those two that have been
bitchin' at you . Last thing I need is a boat .

I wasn't bitching at Gunner. I was pointing out that
sailboat-for-sale posts are off-topic in rec.crafts.metalworking.
For some reason Gunner reacted badly to the information. Oh well.

Actually James I find them a lot less irritating than those
political posts that are crossed to a gazillion groups .

--
Snag

Then they all went away. Was it something I said?

You ! You ! It was you ! Please , please , tell me how you made the
political posts go away ! Is it magic ? Do you have an amulet ? Oh my diety
of choice , it was , it was , it was ... a KILL FILTER !

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/18/2014 1:42 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Oh...Ebay is a great place to look also

Try this search...may not work for you...but..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Sailboats-/6...&_nkw=sailboat

sailboats are in Ebay Motors and there are a number of searches you
can do. The above one may..may start in my area.

Id LOVE..****ing LOVE to have that 22' S2 thats currently at $10.

Well made, fast, and that one looks to be in great shape

Its also in New York state..sigh...

You can look for sailboats (and anything else) by distance from your
locale..and cheapest first etc etc.

Gunner

You should at least warn people that you don't buy a boat, even if it's
given to you----*YOU MARRY IT!!!* And, it's a cruel spouse.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

NICE boat!!

http://reno.craigslist.org/boa/4766322494.html

Catalina Capri 22 Sailboat -(trade Hobie Island/Twin Island) - $5000

Selling my beautiful 1985 Catalina Capri 22
Tall Rig, Fin Keel
New anti foul bottom paint (epoxy barrier coat under that)
Honda 5hp low time starts first pull
LED lighting and new electrical system
Cockpit table added makes it great for boat camping
Solar panel and controller
Some nice racing mod's
Like new sail wardrobe 3x 150 genoa's, 1x Jib, Spinnaker and Pentex
main.
Will help with setup and intro sail lesson.
$5000 on the trailer ready to sail (even has a Tahoe seal on it)
Trade +/- Cash for Mercedes/Range Rover, Or Hobie Adventure/Tandem
Island
PJ O'Rourke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 10:07:28 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 11/18/2014 1:42 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Oh...Ebay is a great place to look also

Try this search...may not work for you...but..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Sailboats-/6...&_nkw=sailboat

sailboats are in Ebay Motors and there are a number of searches you
can do. The above one may..may start in my area.

Id LOVE..****ing LOVE to have that 22' S2 thats currently at $10.

Well made, fast, and that one looks to be in great shape

Its also in New York state..sigh...

You can look for sailboats (and anything else) by distance from your
locale..and cheapest first etc etc.

Gunner

You should at least warn people that you don't buy a boat, even if it's
given to you----*YOU MARRY IT!!!* And, it's a cruel spouse.

Some...some truth to that. But on the other hand..you can have a harem
with little ill effects. There is some truth to "A boat is nothing
but a hole in the water you throw money into".

Sailboats...particularly trailer sailers are far smaller holes and
often times are almost microscopic.

Ive got 6 boats, running from 13'-24'...and in the year or so Ive
owned them...the most expensive thing has been registration.,,or the
gas to go pick them up.

Registration costs about $65 every 2 yrs, including the Quaga Mussel
sticker.

Ive owned a Hobi 16 since 1986..and its cost me virtually noting.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, November 17, 2014 2:43:19 AM UTC-5, Ken wrote:
On 17-Nov-14 11:09 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

FFS as if the volume of political bull**** isn't enough, now the group
is merging into boatsales.com?

"Boats Too Costly to Keep Are Littering Coastlines" by DAVID STREITFELD
Published: March 31, 2009 New York Times

MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. -- Boat owners are abandoning ship.
They often sandpaper over the names and file off the registry numbers, doing their best to render the boats, and themselves, untraceable. Then they casually ditch the vessels in the middle of busy harbors, beach them at low tide on the banks of creeks or occasionally scuttle them outright.

The bad economy is creating a flotilla of forsaken boats. While there is no national census of abandoned boats, officials in coastal states are worried the problem will only grow worse as unemployment and financial stress continue to rise. Several states are even drafting laws against derelicts and say they are aggressively starting to pursue delinquent owners.

"Our waters have become dumping grounds," said Maj. Paul R. Ouellette of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. "It's got to the point where something has to be done."

Derelict boats are environmental and navigational hazards, leaking toxins and posing obstacles for other craft, especially at night. Thieves plunder them for scrap metal. In a storm, these runabouts and sailboats, cruisers and houseboats can break free or break up, causing havoc.

Some of those disposing of their boats are in the same bind as overstretched homeowners: they face steep payments on an asset that is diminishing in value and decide not to continue. They either default on the debt or take bolder measures.

Marina and maritime officials around the country say they believe, however, that most of the abandoned vessels cluttering their waters are fully paid for. They are expensive-to-maintain toys that have lost their appeal.

The owners cannot sell them, because the secondhand market is overwhelmed. They cannot afford to spend hundreds of dollars a month mooring and maintaining them. And they do not have the thousands of dollars required to properly dispose of them.

When Brian A. Lewis of Seattle tried to sell his boat, Jubilee, no one would pay his asking price of $28,500. Mr. Lewis told the police that maintaining the boat caused "extreme anxiety," which led him to him drill a two-inch hole in Jubilee's hull last March.

The boat sank in Puget Sound, and Mr. Lewis told his insurance company it was an accident. His scheme came undone when the state, seeking to prevent environmental damage, raised Jubilee. Mr. Lewis pleaded guilty last week to insurance fraud.

While there are no reliable national statistics on boating fraud, Todd Schwede, an insurance investigator in San Diego, said the number of suspicious cases he was handling had roughly tripled in the last year, to around 70.

In many cases, he said, the boater is following this logic: "I am overinsured on this boat. If I make it go away so no one will find it, the insurance company will give me enough to cover the debt and I'll make something on the deal as well."

Lt. David Dipre, who coordinates Florida's derelict vessel program, said the handful of owners he had managed to track down were guilty more of negligence than fraud. "They say, 'I had a dream of sailing around the world, I just never got around to it.' Then they have some bad times and they leave it to someone else to clean up the mess," Lieutenant Dipre said.

Florida officials say they are moving more aggressively to track down owners and are also starting to unclog the local inlets, harbors, swamps and rivers. The state appropriated funds to remove 118 derelicts this summer, up from only a handful last year.

In South Carolina, four government investigators started canvassing the state's waterways in January. They quickly identified 150 likely derelicts.

"There are a lot more than we thought there would be," said Lt. Robert McCullough of the state Department of Natural Resources. "There were a few boats that have always been there, and now all of a sudden they've added up and added up."

In January, it became illegal in South Carolina to abandon a boat on a public waterway. Violators can be fined $5,000 and jailed for 30 days.

"We never needed a law before," said Gary Santos, a Mount Pleasant councilman.

Not that having one is necessarily proving much of a deterrent. Mr. Santos took a spin on a friend's motorboat the other day and saw a newly abandoned catamaran within seconds of leaving the dock.

It had been run aground at an awkward angle, a weathered "for sale" sign testament to the owner's inability to get rid of it. Local watermen said the boat had abruptly appeared one day in February, and had not been touched in weeks.

"Boats are luxuries," Mr. Santos said. "This isn't a good moment for luxuries."

South Carolina's unemployment rate in February was 11 percent, the second-highest in the nation after Michigan. The online classified ad service Craigslist in Charleston, S.C., features dozens of boats for sale every day. "Wife's employer is downsizing and we are forced to do the same," read one post.

Mr. Santos, 50, grew up in this well-to-do community on the northern side of Charleston harbor. In his youth, he never saw an abandoned boat. As recently as a decade ago, they were no more than an occasional nuisance.

Now they are proliferating. Crab Bank, a protected bird rookery in the harbor within sight of Fort Sumter, is home to a dozen derelicts -- two sunken, two beached, the other eight still afloat. They range from houseboats to a two-masted sailboat.

State officers have placed placards on each, warning that the vessels have been identified as abandoned. Thanks to a local ordinance sponsored by Mr. Santos, the Mount Pleasant police are also tagging the vessels. After 45 days, they will be removed and junked.

California is taking a more benign approach, with plans in the Legislature for a boater bailout of sorts. Under a law proposed by State Representative Ted Lieu, owners of marginally seaworthy vessels would be encouraged to surrender them to the state. If they abandoned the boat, the bill would double the fine to $1,000.

The legislature passed the bill last year, but Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger returned it and many others unsigned during the state's long struggle to settle on a budget. The measure has been reintroduced this year, and unanimously passed the assembly's transportation committee last week and could become law as early as this summer.

Kevin Ketchum, general manager of California Yacht Marina, which operates six marinas in the state, predicted that the law "is going to be phenomenally popular. It will help honorable people who want to do the right thing but can't afford it."

The cost of the disposals would be paid by existing fees on boat owners. Mr.. Lieu said that "in a perfect world" the fear of punishment would be enough to get people to stop abandoning boats.

"But to actually enforce that would take way more governmental resources than we have," he said.

A version of this article appeared in print on April 1, 2009, on page A1 of the New York edition.

-- http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/01/bu...anted=all&_r=0
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/19/2014 4:30 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Ive owned a Hobi 16 since 1986..and its cost me virtually noting.

Gunner

My family always had boats, we still have a beach-front place on Catawba
Island on Lake Erie. Mostly power boats for water skiing and little
sailboats like a Super Porpoise that I learned to sail on. As I got
older I assumed more responsibility and costs. In retrospect, it wasn't
bad, but a hundred bucks in the '70s was a lot for a kid.