Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT sailboat crap / was: Bunch of sailboats this week...some killer deals!

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 07:50:57 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Hey Gunner , your clock is a few minutes fast . About 10 or so ... say ,
any chance you could find me a free sailboat to go with my $25 tractor ?
Near Heber Springs Ar , if possible , I don't have anything big enough to
haul one .

How big or small a boat do you want? They come in size from 13' and
up. How big is your vehicle? Smaller trailerable sailboats tend to
not weigh very much (all things considered) My 24' Macgregor weighs
right at 2000 lbs. Add the weight of the trailer and its almost 2600.
The small boats weigh a couple hundred-500 lbs plus 200-300 for the
trailer.

Here are a few links..I dont know if they are still available and are
not free..but...shrug

Which reminds me..I found a Luger 16 for a guy yesterday..the owner
simply gave it to the fella. Trailer, 2.5 hp outboard..everything.
The guy has been undergoing treatment for cancer and he doesnt have
much money...so he was tickled ****less.
A lot of people will bargain down a LOOONG ways simply to get rid of a
boat they cant use anymore or are moving etc etc. The most money Ive
got tied up in any of my boats is $400 or so, and that includes
restoration cost.

Here is what I found within 200 miles of your zip code

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/boa/4736457951.html

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/boa/4704964189.html

http://memphis.craigslist.org/boa/4706488470.html

http://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/4757917485.html

http://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/4750338346.html

http://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/4734358955.html

http://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/4702930461.html

http://northmiss.craigslist.org/boa/4713891672.html

http://joplin.craigslist.org/boa/4744689414.html

I search 2x a week..and Ill repost any in your area, here.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke