Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT sailboat crap / was: Bunch of sailboats this week...some killer deals!

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 10:07:28 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 11/18/2014 1:42 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Oh...Ebay is a great place to look also

Try this search...may not work for you...but..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Sailboats-/6...&_nkw=sailboat

sailboats are in Ebay Motors and there are a number of searches you
can do. The above one may..may start in my area.

Id LOVE..****ing LOVE to have that 22' S2 thats currently at $10.

Well made, fast, and that one looks to be in great shape

Its also in New York state..sigh...

You can look for sailboats (and anything else) by distance from your
locale..and cheapest first etc etc.

Gunner

You should at least warn people that you don't buy a boat, even if it's
given to you----*YOU MARRY IT!!!* And, it's a cruel spouse.

Some...some truth to that. But on the other hand..you can have a harem
with little ill effects. There is some truth to "A boat is nothing
but a hole in the water you throw money into".

Sailboats...particularly trailer sailers are far smaller holes and
often times are almost microscopic.

Ive got 6 boats, running from 13'-24'...and in the year or so Ive
owned them...the most expensive thing has been registration.,,or the
gas to go pick them up.

Registration costs about $65 every 2 yrs, including the Quaga Mussel
sticker.

Ive owned a Hobi 16 since 1986..and its cost me virtually noting.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke