Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default [OT] Speaking of gasoline..

http://lfb.org/today/how-government-...d-the-gas-can/

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I truly hate those mother****ers.

I spill a lot more gasoline when I use those CARB cans.

They are impossible to use while some CARB faggots masturbate together
and congratulate each other.

On 2012-10-27, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

http://lfb.org/today/how-government-...d-the-gas-can/

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 13:48:24 -0500, the renowned Ignoramus21219
wrote:

I truly hate those mother****ers.

I spill a lot more gasoline when I use those CARB cans.

They are impossible to use while some CARB faggots masturbate together
and congratulate each other.

What do you _really_ think, Iggy? ;-)

Hey, I drove an empty 16' cube van across the border this morning to
pick up all the stuff I bought for US dollarettes.. it could have been
filled with gas cans that actually work and toilets that flush
properly on the first try. WTF happened to this land of the free
stuff?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message

http://lfb.org/today/how-government-...d-the-gas-can/

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I buy old plastic gas cans at yard sales(usually for 50 cents), salvage
the vents and install them in my new cans. I never throw a vent away.
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

?
?I spill a lot more gasoline when I use those CARB cans.
?
?They are impossible to use while some CARB faggots masturbate together
?and congratulate each other.
?
?i
?
What do you _really_ think, Iggy? ;-)

Hey, I drove an empty 16' cube van across the border this morning to
pick up all the stuff I bought for US dollarettes.. it could have been
filled with gas cans that actually work and toilets that flush
properly on the first try. WTF happened to this land of the free
stuff?

Too amny liberal idiots were voted into office.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

? wrote:

?I truly hate those mother****ers.
?
?I spill a lot more gasoline when I use those CARB cans.
?
?They are impossible to use while some CARB faggots masturbate together
?and congratulate each other.
?
?i
?
What do you _really_ think, Iggy? ;-)

Hey, I drove an empty 16' cube van across the border this morning to
pick up all the stuff I bought for US dollarettes.. it could have been
filled with gas cans that actually work and toilets that flush
properly on the first try. WTF happened to this land of the free
stuff?

Too amny liberal idiots were voted into office.

so, how do you strike a balance between hydrocarbon pollution and your
personal convenience? surely you don't believe that gasoline vapors are
good for you - they are in fact a narcotic and a major source of
photochemical smog

--
For a $5 dollar donation today you get credit for $10 with HIM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

? wrote:

[...]

The point that was lost on you, is that the CARB gas cans do not
reduce pollution and introduce major inconvenience.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/27/2012 2:48 PM, Ignoramus21219 wrote:
I truly hate those mother****ers.

I spill a lot more gasoline when I use those CARB cans.

They are impossible to use while some CARB faggots masturbate together
and congratulate each other.

Maybe now you can begin to understand how a lot of us feel about the
Government that has run amok and why we want it to change.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

a friend wrote:

?
? Spehro Pefhany wrote:
??
?? On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 13:48:24 -0500, the renowned Ignoramus21219
?? ? wrote:
??
?? ?I truly hate those mother****ers.
?? ?
[...]

I drive less than 3000 miles a year. How about you?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-10-27, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
On 10/27/2012 2:48 PM, Ignoramus21219 wrote:
I truly hate those mother****ers.

I spill a lot more gasoline when I use those CARB cans.

They are impossible to use while some CARB faggots masturbate together
and congratulate each other.

Maybe now you can begin to understand how a lot of us feel about the
Government that has run amok and why we want it to change.

I have not, yet, encountered a regulation that affected my business,
that I feel is outright wrong. Some I feel are too onerous, but none
that I found, are outright wrong.

I am open minded, however.

What I do see, not in my own business of course, is an incredible
amount of various rule breaking, corner cutting and cheating, that
goes on in small busniess.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 16:41:25 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

a friend wrote:

?
? Spehro Pefhany wrote:
??
?? On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 13:48:24 -0500, the renowned Ignoramus21219
?? ? wrote:
??
[...]

Ooh, where's my IV rig? Gotta get me summa that narco smog!

I drive less than 3000 miles a year. How about you?

I put in almost 6,000 a year, Mikey. Everything I do it local except
the trip to CA in the summer, about 900 miles worth. And I buy lots
of stuff via Amazon to get the free shipping on purchases over $25.
eBay, Craigslist, Freecycle get some business, too.

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If the word gets out, they will make single use
disposable gas cans. Like they do with
refrigerants, now.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Black Dragon" wrote in message
Spehro Pefhany wrote:

http://lfb.org/today/how-government-...d-the-gas-can/

It's too bad the attendant and the writer of that article are both
too stupid to figure out that the cap which is removed to fill
the gas can also be removed to pour into a funnel from it, eh?

--
Black Dragon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-10-27, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
On 10/27/2012 2:48 PM, Ignoramus21219 wrote:
I truly hate those mother****ers.

I spill a lot more gasoline when I use those CARB cans.

They are impossible to use while some CARB faggots masturbate together
and congratulate each other.

Maybe now you can begin to understand how a lot of us feel about the
Government that has run amok and why we want it to change.

I have not, yet, encountered a regulation that affected my business,
that I feel is outright wrong. Some I feel are too onerous, but none
that I found, are outright wrong.

I am open minded, however.

What I do see, not in my own business of course, is an incredible
amount of various rule breaking, corner cutting and cheating, that
goes on in small business.

I understand and respect that. I, on the other hand am exposed to many,
many, costly, unfair and downright wrong regulations that have been
instituted in the last four years. Ask my employees, who all have
profit sharing, how much it has cost THEM. Ask who our shop Union
endorses unanimously...and I have not discussed politics to any of my
employees, other than to give them a paid hour on election days.

Rule breaking, cheating, corner cutting does NOT go on here, never did
in four generations, 133 years. I walk the talk.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I drive less than 3000 miles a year. How about you?

We hear that you drive like Mario Andretti and tell your passenger:
"Hold my beer and watch THIS!"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

?
? I drive less than 3000 miles a year. How about you?
?

We hear that you drive like Mario Andretti and tell your passenger:

In a 15 year old Dodge pickup that needs more repairs than it's
worth? More like, "Get out & push, and don't step in the power steering
fluid." I leave four old printers in the passnger's side so people
don't ask for rides.

"Hold my beer and watch THIS!"

The last beer I had was in 1973.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?
?a friend wrote:
??
?? so, how do you strike a balance between hydrocarbon pollution and your
?? personal convenience? surely you don't believe that gasoline vapors are
?? good for you - they are in fact a narcotic and a major source of
?? photochemical smog

Ooh, where's my IV rig? Gotta get me summa that narco smog!

? I drive less than 3000 miles a year. How about you?

I put in almost 6,000 a year, Mikey. Everything I do it local except
the trip to CA in the summer, about 900 miles worth. And I buy lots
of stuff via Amazon to get the free shipping on purchases over $25.
eBay, Craigslist, Freecycle get some business, too.

Most of what I buy online has free shipping. Lots of components to
repair tools & equipment that has been in storage for over 10 years. I
usually wait till I have no choice but to leave the house, then make as
many stops as I can while I'm out. There have been months that I drove
a total of 60 miles, for two trips to get groceries. I can't find all
of what I can eat at any one store, so it takes multiple stops.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

?
? I drive less than 3000 miles a year. How about you?
?

We hear that you drive like Mario Andretti and tell your passenger:

In a 15 year old Dodge pickup that needs more repairs than it's
worth? More like, "Get out & push, and don't step in the power steering
fluid." I leave four old printers in the passnger's side so people
don't ask for rides.

"Hold my beer and watch THIS!"

The last beer I had was in 1973.

Those pin printers are now worth a small fortune, they are the only
thing to do multi-part forms.

I had a friend that had a big Epson that did everything for his business
multi-part forms and when it would crap out the local Epson repair
center couldn't find the problem because it would always work fine on
the test bench. My buddy realized that all he had to do was take the
printer for a ride when it pooped and put it back to work.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-10-27, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
[...]

I do not have any union here, thankfully.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/27/2012 7:21 PM, Gunner wrote:

Need any 7.65x54R?

Gunner

Could use some 7.65x49 to feed my SKS's...know of any cheap that are brass?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , cayoung61
says...

.

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

http://lfb.org/today/how-government-...d-the-gas-can/

It's too bad the attendant and the writer of that article are both
too stupid to figure out that the cap which is removed to fill
the gas can also be removed to pour into a funnel from it, eh?

Except that the fill opening is so big that controlled pouring into a
funnel presents difficulties. Then there's that stupid latch they put
on it for some reason.

Really, we need a Constitutional Amendment that abolishes the practice
of non-legislated regulation outright and restricts the size of the US
Code and the Code of Federal Regulations. If they continue to grow
without limit they are going to bury us.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-10-27, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
[...]

It has it's advantages. They take care of most trivial drama related
stuff, they keep productivity up with peer pressure, they terminate
dead-beats because dead-beats affect their bonus. Only serious issues
or decisions come to my attention. And, I only have to negotiate with
two people...and they GET it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Refrig cans can be converted to small high pressure cans of air
that you charge up on the tank and tote it to the place you need it.

Not hard to do. They are rated for more pressure than you can pump in.

Martin

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

http://lfb.org/today/how-government-...d-the-gas-can/

It's too bad the attendant and the writer of that article are both
too stupid to figure out that the cap which is removed to fill
the gas can also be removed to pour into a funnel from it, eh?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Those pin printers are now worth a small fortune, they are the only
thing to do multi-part forms.

I had a friend that had a big Epson that did everything for his business
multi-part forms and when it would crap out the local Epson repair
center couldn't find the problem because it would always work fine on
the test bench. My buddy realized that all he had to do was take the
printer for a ride when it pooped and put it back to work.

Like taking a bad dog for a ride, while telling him that the vet's
going to fix him? ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 19:56:53 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?
?a friend wrote:
??
[...]

Ditto. Safeway is higher than most everyone in town for everything
but meat, so I get my beef and pork there. Fred Meyer has great
prices on most things, so they're my top stop. Walmart has specials
on some things so I get those there.

I almost never go into town with a single task in mind. I stuff as
many stops as possible into the trips to save gas. The round trip is
as circular as possible to save gas, too. No zigzagging around,
wasting time and gas. I amazed my neighbor with a $125 shopping trip
one day. I left at 7am and got back just after 8am, stopping at 4
stores and one place to drop off a package.

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

In article ?, cayoung61
says...
?
? If the word gets out, they will make single use
? disposable gas cans. Like they do with
? refrigerants, now.
?
? Christopher A. Young
? Learn more about Jesus
? www.lds.org
? .
?
? "Black Dragon" ? wrote in message
? ...
? Spehro Pefhany wrote:
?
? ? http://lfb.org/today/how-government-...d-the-gas-can/
?
? It's too bad the attendant and the writer of that article are both
? too stupid to figure out that the cap which is removed to fill
? the gas can also be removed to pour into a funnel from it, eh?

Except that the fill opening is so big that controlled pouring into a
funnel presents difficulties. Then there's that stupid latch they put
on it for some reason.

Really, we need a Constitutional Amendment that abolishes the practice
of non-legislated regulation outright and restricts the size of the US
Code and the Code of Federal Regulations. If they continue to grow
without limit they are going to bury us.

Laws should have expiration dates, like politicans need term limits.
If the law is a good idea, they'll have no problem renewing it when it
expires. Better yet, put them on the ballots.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Martin Eastburn wrote:

Refrig cans can be converted to small high pressure cans of air
that you charge up on the tank and tote it to the place you need it.

Not hard to do. They are rated for more pressure than you can pump in.

I used to see conversion kits for R22 tanks for about $15.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 19:56:53 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?Larry Jaques wrote:
??
?? Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?? ?
?? ?a friend wrote:
?? ??
[...]

A small chain called Sweetbay marks down meat first thing, every
morning, so I check to see what they have when I'm in the area. It's
usually the smallest packages that didn't sell for a couple days and is
often half price. They just don't want it in the store, and it's under
1% of the total meat they sell in a normal day. I buy some at Sam's
Club, and Walmart. The other stores in the area are Publix, Winn-Dixie,
Save-A-Lot and Auldi's. I find some name brand things at Dollar Tree
like day old bread & instant mashed potatoes. I use the potatoes in
soup, and to stiffen stew.

I almost never go into town with a single task in mind. I stuff as
many stops as possible into the trips to save gas. The round trip is
as circular as possible to save gas, too. No zigzagging around,
wasting time and gas. I amazed my neighbor with a $125 shopping trip
one day. I left at 7am and got back just after 8am, stopping at 4
stores and one place to drop off a package.

I go grocery shopping about 5:30 in the morning, during the summer.
I get home around 8:00 to 8:30.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" Mars@Tacks wrote in message
On 10/27/2012 7:21 PM, Gunner wrote:

Need any 7.65x54R?

Gunner

Could use some 7.65x49 to feed my SKS's...know of any cheap that are
brass?

I'm pretty sure you meant 7.62x39 ... and brass cases don't work so well
in SKS's , the extractors tear up the lip and I've seen brass cases double
..... That said , I read a very interesting article recently about reloading
Berdan primed cases . Hardest part is decapping , and there is more than one
way to do that . Hydraulic pressure or a hook type tool , but I'm not so
sure about running those steel cases into a resizing die .
--
Snag
Useta have a

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 22:12:24 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Martin Eastburn wrote:

Refrig cans can be converted to small high pressure cans of air
that you charge up on the tank and tote it to the place you need it.

Not hard to do. They are rated for more pressure than you can pump in.

I used to see conversion kits for R22 tanks for about $15.

I got a couple of the A and B tanks from ooly packing foam from work
back in 1975 and have been using them as air pigs ever since. I've
replaced a few bashed gauges and rotted hoses, but they're still
hangin' in there. These were nylon(?) lined from the factory so they
don't rust.

They're about 5.5 gallons and my big air chisel would only last about
30 seconds on one, but the stapler or nailers will do over a hundred
pops before the tank gets down to below 55psi, where the staplers
don't work well.

They're light enough to hang on your belt for climbing on ladders if
you don't have a long hose. 3/8" poly hose is just great for those.
Light and pliable in the cold. I've hooked both into my main
compressor for longer run times between cycling, too.

On 2012-10-27, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

http://lfb.org/today/how-government-...d-the-gas-can/

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

You need to do some manufacturing. I take a large fender washer that
fits inside the POS spout collar. Bore the center out to fit a short
piece of EMT. Braze the two together. Now attach a section of large fuel
line to the new nipple. Now you have the pour side. For a vent I plastic
weld a vacuum nipple into a hole on the top corner. Use a vacuum cap to
seal it when not in use.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?
?a friend wrote:
??
[...]

No, no it's not free.
It's just hidden in the sale price.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard wrote:

?
? Larry Jaques wrote:
??
?? Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?? ?
?? ?a friend wrote:
?? ??
[...]

It is, when the winning bid is $0.01 and with a tracking number from
China. Like this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190720178932 ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 22:12:24 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?Martin Eastburn wrote:
??
[...]

I've got several portable tanks, and two 20 gallon tanks from scrap
compressors. No need to make parts for them, after I got a free 60 gal
upright compressor that was in good condition.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard wrote:

?
? Larry Jaques wrote:
??
?? Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?? ?
?? ?a friend wrote:
?? ??
[...]

Ok... You are the exception that proves the rule then...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I suspect the people who need to approve such
ammendment, are the people who are giving us
trouble. Not likely to happen.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...

Really, we need a Constitutional Amendment that abolishes the practice
of non-legislated regulation outright and restricts the size of the US
Code and the Code of Federal Regulations. If they continue to grow
without limit they are going to bury us.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

For the last decade or so, refrigerant cans have
been required to have one way valves. You can
draw refrigerant out, but can't pump it back in.

Those old freon to air tank kits from the auto parts,
no longer work.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
Refrig cans can be converted to small high pressure cans of air
that you charge up on the tank and tote it to the place you need it.

Not hard to do. They are rated for more pressure than you can pump in.

Martin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

New law, the tanks sold now days have a one way
valve. You can put your adaptor kit on, but you
can't inflate the can through the valve.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Refrig cans can be converted to small high pressure cans of air
that you charge up on the tank and tote it to the place you need it.

I used to see conversion kits for R22 tanks for about $15.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:
Tom Gardner wrote:
?
[...]

Hey if they are worth money we have a NEW in the box unit at the fire
station. Believe it's an Epson.
Came in a package deal with one of our OLD Defib units. Was supposed to
be used to print out reports when you used the machine.
I think it may have been out of the box once just to demonstrate how to
hook it up. Guess I'll have to dig it out and wipe the dust off the box....

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard wrote:

Richard wrote:

?
? Larry Jaques wrote:
??
?? Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?? ?
?? ?a friend wrote:
?? ??
[...]

Actually, I win those type auctions fairly often. One bid & walk
away. If I win, I win. If not, the item will be relisted that way
again. Things like M3 hex brass spacers for less than the brass would
cost me.

O/T: Welcome to $4/gal gasoline Lew Hodgett[_5_] Woodworking 64 March 1st 11 01:12 PM
Welcome to $4/gal gasoline Dave In Texas Woodworking 0 February 24th 11 02:11 PM
Old gasoline FDR Home Repair 51 November 13th 05 09:26 AM
Gasoline in oil, B&S 15.5hp fish Home Repair 14 June 4th 05 03:03 AM
Other fun uses for gasoline ? CROQ Metalworking 0 May 28th 05 10:20 PM