Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dowsing

"Phil Kangas" wrote in message ...

"California Rocket Scientist"
wrote in message wrote:

Get off your ass and go outside
and try it, maybe
you'll be the winner? Or are there a million
people ahead of you?

Why are you suggesting that someone else collect the million? Don't
you want it? Why are you here when you could be proving something that
you say is easy? What are the chances that you won't answer the
obvious questions?

Checked wiki for dowsing and found this :
"Many dowsers today use a pair of simple L-shaped metal rods. One rod is
held in each hand, with the short arm of the L held upright, and the long
arm pointing forward. When something is found, the rods cross over one
another making an "X" over the found object. If the object is long and
straight, such as a water pipe, the rods will point in opposite directions,
showing its orientation. The rods are sometimes fashioned from wire coat
hangers, and glass or plastic rods have also been accepted. Straight rods
are also sometimes used for the same purposes, and were not uncommon in
early 19th century New England.
In all cases, the device is in a state of unstable equilibrium from which
slight movements may be amplified.[10] "

You skipped this part, Phil:

"There is no accepted scientific rationale behind dowsing, and there is no
scientific evidence that it is effective."

Then they go on to cite several examples of testing that showed the results
were no better than chance.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich teletyped:
on Sat, 19 Nov 2011 13:50:12 -0800

(...)

People do strange things when their corporation has
them frightened literally 'out of their mind'.

I had a foreman who was,,, nuts. Some of his nuttiness was "cool"
- "Begone thou possessed of multiple psychotic demons!" (Or was it
"possessed of psychotic multiple daemons"?) And he did say "please
and thank you" - I'll put up with a lot for that.
But came the day I'd had enough. Figured I'd call in Friday and
say "Tell (whatsisname) the guns told me to say home and clean them.
Be back on Monday." I figured one of three things would happen.
Nobody would mention it; I'd get fired; he'd quit.
Didn't have a chance to find out, he was fired on Wednesday.

My mind reels at what he possibly could have done
to the bosses son's daughters in order to get fired.
(I really don't want to know.)

In my former outfit, sabotage, threats and attempted
murder were grounds for....bonuses and promotion.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:
On Nov 19, 12:28 am, wrote:

(...)

Doesn't sound like 'first prize' to me.

--Winston

Gunner apparently doesn't understand addiction. Somehow, I'm not
surprised.

I was plenty concerned about the potential.
I didn't need any more illustrations.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in
message ...

wrote in message wrote:

[...]

You are missing the stated fact that it has been
used to find water
pipes for at least the last two hundred years! I'm
not talking about
finding water etc....... This is so easy to do I
can't believe you
haven't tried it yourself! This is the only use
for dowsing IMO.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message wrote:

[...]

No, that's not what they said. What you quoted was a description of how
dowsers do their thing. Then it says it doesn't work.

I'm not talking about
finding water etc....... This is so easy to do I can't believe you
haven't tried it yourself! This is the only use for dowsing IMO.

There is no use for dowsing, or someone would have collected that million
dollars.

Why haven't you?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

g I think what you've quoted there actually was from Winston -- I'm
using a new newsreader and I'm making a mess of quotes and attributions.
Winston definitely is a serious poster.

Ed is much more serious than I, however.

If you want my opinion, I don't know quite what to make of it. There
tends to be a thread of superstition and crazy ideas about physics
running through some of the posts on this NG, but this one takes the
cake. I got right out of it as soon as I heard otherwise intelligent
people talking about magnetic fields created by flowing water and
telephone repairmen finding underground cables by using two pieces of
baling wire.

As for why they won't claim the million dollars, you'll have to ask
them. It defies logic, IMO.

My second 'official' job ever, was working at a place that
reconditioned telephone line tools. (Breakdown test sets,
sweep generators and *lots* of little vacuum-tube tone
amplifiers. My boss was always looking for an idea for
a 'breakthrough' product.

He had me participate in a closed-door test of these exact
dowsing rods. He demonstrated them to me. He tossed a
nickel into a mess of scrap paper on the floor. As he walked
over it, the rods crossed. He left the room.
On his return he repeated the test and it worked again!

I took his nickel out of my pocket and handed it to him.

He mumbled something about 'water pipes in the foundation'.
We didn't investigate that tool further.

--Winston -- Ask me about his "enclosed heat sink
halogen vault light"! :eyeroll:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"California Rocket Scientist" wrote in message

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 17:17:33 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

If you want my opinion, I don't know quite what to make of it. There tends
to be a thread of superstition and crazy ideas about physics running
through
some of the posts on this NG, but this one takes the cake. I got right out
of it as soon as I heard otherwise intelligent people talking about
magnetic
fields created by flowing water and telephone repairmen finding
underground
cables by using two pieces of baling wire.

Right. If someone were to claim that Santa Claus is real then most of
the same posters would eviscerate the claim. Although I suppose that
some of the younger ones might not. What's the average age of posters
here?

It's pretty high. I'm 63.

Perhaps I could type up a list of things they should stop
believing in. Tooth fairy, trickle down etc.

It would be a waste of time. These things crop up in the most unlikely
places.

As for why they won't claim the million dollars, you'll have to ask them.
It
defies logic, IMO.

They could be part of the infamous 1%. I always wondered what they did
in their spare spare time.

This is 1%, but I don't know 1% of what.

The curious thing is that you'll note a pretty high level of intelligence
overall. There are just these pockets of True Belief, in the sense that Eric
Hoffer used the term.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message wrote:

[...]

Note the last sentence which explains why dowsing only APPEARS to
work. To weaker minds anyway.

I take it that you don't intend to answer any of my questions or
collect the million. Which I also take to mean that you don't really
believe in your own opinion and can't admit it. With a little work you
could grow to the level of that end of the world guy. I thought for
sure that his own world would end before he finally saw the light but
he proved me wrong.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

If you want my opinion, I don't know quite what to make of it. There tends
to be a thread of superstition and crazy ideas about physics running through
some of the posts on this NG, but this one takes the cake. I got right out
of it as soon as I heard otherwise intelligent people talking about magnetic
fields created by flowing water and telephone repairmen finding underground
cables by using two pieces of baling wire.

Right. If someone were to claim that Santa Claus is real then most of
the same posters would eviscerate the claim. Although I suppose that
some of the younger ones might not. What's the average age of posters
here? Perhaps I could type up a list of things they should stop
believing in. Tooth fairy, trickle down etc.

As for why they won't claim the million dollars, you'll have to ask them. It
defies logic, IMO.

They could be part of the infamous 1%. I always wondered what they did
in their spare spare time.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"California Rocket Scientist"

I take it that you don't intend to answer any of
my questions or
collect the million. Which I also take to mean
that you don't really
believe in your own opinion and can't admit it.
With a little work you
could grow to the level of that end of the world
guy. I thought for
sure that his own world would end before he
finally saw the light but
he proved me wrong.

Up yours, you anonymous posting jackass coward
......... ;)}

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 14:46:25 -0800, Winston
wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
On Nov 19, 12:28 am, wrote:

(...)

Doesn't sound like 'first prize' to me.

--Winston

Gunner apparently doesn't understand addiction. Somehow, I'm not
surprised.

Im hardly surprised that SucksRangers has firsthand and personal
understanding of personal addiction.

His virtual living at gay bathhouses with a a nose full of blow is well
known.

As for myself..I used up my life savings getting my son clean from being
a meth addict.

Used every cent I had..3 times getting him clean.

He's been clean 8 yrs now and is going to school to be an engineer.

Gunner

I was plenty concerned about the potential.
I didn't need any more illustrations.

--Winston

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

$20k for a loose $1 surplus radio antenna swinging from a $0.31
piece of plastic?

_We_ are in the wrong business, my man.

Owww. Not *Again!*

Apparently Sniffex was the decoy in a stock 'pump and dump' scheme.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniffex

A fraud within a fraud.

--Winston--Enjoys sleeping at night.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston on Sun, 20 Nov 2011 14:44:04 -0800
[...]

He was ... not very effective as a foreman. What hacked me off
what his pop psychology examination for white women marry black man. I
didn't want to pop his bubble, but ... she was German, not American.

In my former outfit, sabotage, threats and attempted
murder were grounds for....bonuses and promotion.

Al couldn't even do that effectively.
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich beamed forth:
on Sun, 20 Nov 2011 14:44:04 -0800
pyotr filipivich teletyped:

(...)

Didn't have a chance to find out, he was fired on Wednesday.

My mind reels at what he possibly could have done
to the bosses son's daughters in order to get fired.
(I really don't want to know.)

He was ... not very effective as a foreman. What hacked me off
what his pop psychology examination for white women marry black man. I
didn't want to pop his bubble, but ... she was German, not American.

You might be shocked to learn how little concern I
have about *anyone's* adult consensual bed mate.
INOMFB (It's none of my business.)

In my former outfit, sabotage, threats and attempted
murder were grounds for....bonuses and promotion.

Al couldn't even do that effectively.

Mystery solved then.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:57:27 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

$20k for a loose $1 surplus radio antenna swinging from a $0.31
piece of plastic?

_We_ are in the wrong business, my man.

Owww. Not *Again!*

Apparently Sniffex was the decoy in a stock 'pump and dump' scheme.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniffex

A fraud within a fraud.

Yet the Navy bought 'em at $50k apiece...

--Winston--Enjoys sleeping at night.

OK, scratch that idea. We couldn't sleep at night if we pulled that
kind of a scam, could we?

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"California Rocket Scientist" wrote in message

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 19:56:34 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

The curious thing is that you'll note a pretty high level of intelligence
overall.

I'm seeing more far right wing politics than anything else. Which is
the opposite of intelligent.

There are just these pockets of True Belief, in the sense that Eric
Hoffer used the term.

The genuine true believers will agree to be tested properly for free.
After failing the test the intelligent among them will admit they've
been gullible.

The phony true believers won't agree to be tested properly for any
amount of money. They can't take the chance of having to own up to any
gullibility. Which is far from intelligent IMO.

[reply]

We read Hoffer differently. A True Believer won't even hear the results of a
test. His mind is already made up.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 20, 11:29*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 14:46:25 -0800, Winston
wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
On Nov 19, 12:28 am, *wrote:

(...)

Doesn't sound like 'first prize' to me. *

--Winston

Gunner apparently doesn't understand addiction. Somehow, I'm not
surprised.

Im hardly surprised that SucksRangers has firsthand and personal
understanding of personal addiction.

His virtual living at gay bathhouses with a a nose full of blow is well
known.

As for myself..I used up my life savings getting my son clean from being
a meth addict.

Used every cent I had..3 times getting him clean.

He's been clean 8 yrs now and is going to school to be an engineer.

Gunner

I was plenty concerned about the potential.
I didn't need any more illustrations.

--Winston

--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --

Firstly, Mr. Gunner, you may call me anythig you like, if it amuses
you, But the fact is that the NY Rangers of the National Hockey League
suck all by themselves, and do not need my help. My psuodonym is
simply my way expressing my opinion about that particular hockey team.
Your insistance in twisting it into some sort of homosexual reference
says way more about you than it does me.

I would also think that your experience with addiction would lead you
to understand that for a person like Winston who, fortunately,
recognized that he was approaching the slippery slope before he
actually crashed, and then chose to act proactively to avoid the
temptation, that was, for him, the best action to take, and it is to
be admired, not questioned.

Perhaps if your son had rmoved himself from the exposure to meth
before he became addicted to it, there would have been a better
outcome. That he had to be "cleaned up" three times says that he was
never actually cleaned up the first two times. He may have stopped
using for a while, but the addiction was still there, and he really
didn't care enough about it. Otherwise he would never have gone near
the stuff again. That he's cleaned up now and back in school is a good
thing. I wish him and you the best.

--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:30:55 -0500, "Phil Kangas"
wrote:

Up yours, you anonymous posting jackass coward
........ ;)}

Apparently your mother taught you to combat reality by ignoring it.
And she wears army boots.

Should you ever decide to face the facts you can try this simple test
which can be done by the least talented in 15 minutes using shop
scrap. Cut a few equal pieces of conduit of your choosing. Put some
wire inside one and mark it with tape or paint. Lay the conduits on
the ground spaced out side by side. Take up a magic device of your
choosing. It doesn't matter if it's willow or coat hanger or a washer
on a string because they all work equally. Have a friend repeatedly
shuffle the conduits and cover them with a blanket each time while you
watch. Your device will point or sway at the marked conduit every
time. Then change one thing. Turn your back when the conduits are
shuffled. All of a sudden your success rate will drop to chance. What
happened? That is another question that the weak minded never answer
because you won't test yourselves fairly whether it's 15 minutes or a
million at stake. That puts you way down from the sincere dowsers. At
least they truly believe in their foolishness and can't wait to earn
an easy million.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:24:01 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

A True Believer won't even hear the results of a
test. His mind is already made up.

In the battle of a sane made up mind against a million dollars the
million should win every time. Here we have people refusing to grab an
easy million and insisting that anyone who doesn't agree with their
position is ignoring the obvious truth of their claims. We're also
expected to accept that dowsing for wire is more believable than
dowsing for water. AKA I'm more credible because others are less
credible although they might be credible as well.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:57:27 -0800,
wrote:

(...)

A fraud within a fraud.

Yet the Navy bought 'em at $50k apiece...

Holey underwear!

--Winston--Enjoys sleeping at night.

OK, scratch that idea. We couldn't sleep at night if we pulled that
kind of a scam, could we?

Not me, brudder.
The thought of telling someone that an area is clear of
UXB (when it is not clear) makes me deeply concerned.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

(...)
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/...for-bombs.html

OMG.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:

(...)

[...]

You probably aren't in Gunner's KF, ranger.
Thanks for the kind words.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Edward A. Falk wrote:
In ,
California Rocket wrote:

You seem like a serious poster. Multiple people here are insisting
that they have the skills required to scoop up an easy milllion. Yet
they keep barking instead of scooping. Are they already rich or what?

I suppose that must be the reason. I know that if I could dowse, I'd
be out dowsing for buried treasure or lost wallets or something, not
wasting my time looking for water or old pipes.

http://letsmakerobots.com/node/9928

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:26:21 -0800, Winston
wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:

--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --

You probably aren't in Gunner's KF, ranger.
Thanks for the kind words.

--Winston

SucksRangers is indeed in my killfile. And will remain there for
eternity.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --

You probably aren't in Gunner's KF, ranger.
Thanks for the kind words.

--Winston

SucksRangers is indeed in my killfile. And will remain there for
eternity.

Gunner

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Gunner Asch

And **** you too, Gunner. You are, indeed, and asshole's asshole.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:36:11 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

yawn ...........

The whole thread was started about finding water pipes and buried cables.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Dowsing for pipes and cables is every bit as deluded as dowsing for
treasure or water. In fact a dollars worth of cable or pipe IS
treasure in that if you can legitimately prove that you can dowse them
then you're entitled to a million dollars.

I take it that you're one of those who claims he can demonstrate his
ability to anyone anytime for free. Yet you decline to demonstrate for
a million. What is your idiotic excuse for that and why do you have
time for making excuses but none for scooping a million?

Yesterday I wrote a description of a simple 15 minute test using shop
scrap. Video yourself taking that test and post it on Youtube. That is
your first step to collecting the million and it can be free and take
less time than you've wasted here already. Don't bother claiming you
don't need a million because people who work to convince others to
believe in nonsense tend to be more needy than average.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Once again, Gunner runs away (Was Dowsing)

wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --

You probably aren't in Gunner's KF, ranger.
Thanks for the kind words.

--Winston

SucksRangers is indeed in my killfile. And will remain there for
eternity.

Gunner

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Gunner Asch

And once again, having been faced with the facts, Gunner drops an
"insult" and runs away. What a wimp.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --

You probably aren't in Gunner's KF, ranger.
Thanks for the kind words.

--Winston

SucksRangers is indeed in my killfile. And will remain there for
eternity.

Gunner

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Gunner Asch

And once again, having been faced with the facts, Gunner drops an
"insult" and runs away. What a wimp.

It seems that all of those promoting dowsing are MIA. They must be too
busy to spend 15 minutes demonstrating their talent. And none of them
has any use for a million dollars! They are the first rich dowsers
that anyone has ever heard of. As I said before, dowsing promoters
tend to be below average in wealth. How did the ones here make their
money?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:

--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --

You probably aren't in Gunner's KF, ranger.
Thanks for the kind words.

He IS is many of our killfiles, though, so thanks for quoting him.
Pfffffft!

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --

You probably aren't in Gunner's KF, ranger.
Thanks for the kind words.

He IS is many of our killfiles, though, so thanks for quoting him.
Pfffffft!

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Another closed-minded rightwinger (who quotes big thinkers but doesn't
pay them any mind) heard from.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:
wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --

You probably aren't in Gunner's KF, ranger.
Thanks for the kind words.

He IS is many of our killfiles, though, so thanks for quoting him.
Pfffffft!

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Another closed-minded rightwinger (who quotes big thinkers but doesn't
pay them any mind) heard from.

Kids! Don't make me stop the car.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:

--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --

You probably aren't in Gunner's KF, ranger.
Thanks for the kind words.

He IS is many of our killfiles, though, so thanks for quoting him.
Pfffffft!

ROFLMAO!!

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 21:28:06 -0800, Winston
wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --

You probably aren't in Gunner's KF, ranger.
Thanks for the kind words.

He IS is many of our killfiles, though, so thanks for quoting him.
Pfffffft!

Another closed-minded rightwinger (who quotes big thinkers but doesn't
pay them any mind) heard from.

I'm considering the source and grinning at that one.

Kids! Don't make me stop the car.

It is now entirely illegal to swat the kids like you used to, Win.
The little monsters will take care of us in our old age homes, too.
Scary thought, wot?

--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 21:28:06 -0800,
wrote:

(...)

Kids! Don't make me stop the car.

It is now entirely illegal to swat the kids like you used to, Win.

Heh! You must be thinking of someone else.

I leave parenthood to the kind, wealthy, wise and competent.

The little monsters will take care of us in our old age homes, too.
Scary thought, wot?

Karma.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 07:49:24 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 21:28:06 -0800,
wrote:

(...)

Kids! Don't make me stop the car.

It is now entirely illegal to swat the kids like you used to, Win.

Heh! You must be thinking of someone else.

I leave parenthood to the kind, wealthy, wise and competent.

Ditto. I got fixed (vas) when I was 32, just in case.

The little monsters will take care of us in our old age homes, too.
Scary thought, wot?

Karma.

"Karma" is the Indian word for "scary thought".

--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,
when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities.
-- Susan Rice
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:

--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --

You probably aren't in Gunner's KF, ranger.
Thanks for the kind words.

He IS is many of our killfiles, though, so thanks for quoting him.
Pfffffft!

ROFLMAO!!

Gunner

Holy ****! Ranger. Larry Jacques. Winston. Now there's a discussion
group I want to be in.

NOT!

Too bad they all have me killfiled. Or is it the other way around. I get
confused. ;-)

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 10:30:43 -0800, "Steve B" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:

--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --

You probably aren't in Gunner's KF, ranger.
Thanks for the kind words.

He IS is many of our killfiles, though, so thanks for quoting him.
Pfffffft!

ROFLMAO!!

Gunner

Holy ****! Ranger. Larry Jacques. Winston. Now there's a discussion
group I want to be in.

NOT!

Too bad they all have me killfiled. Or is it the other way around. I get
confused. ;-)

Steve

Hell Steve..you arent in mine. So we can natter back and forth and
neither Larry or Dumb**** will see our posts.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:

--WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO GUNNER (OR SIMPLY REPLY TO
IT), AS HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ME KILLFILED, AS HE DOES WITH PRETTY MUCH
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM --

You probably aren't in Gunner's KF, ranger.
Thanks for the kind words.

He IS is many of our killfiles, though, so thanks for quoting him.
Pfffffft!

ROFLMAO!!

Gunner

Holy ****! *Ranger. *Larry Jacques. *Winston. *Now there's a discussion
group I want to be in.

NOT!

Too bad they all have me killfiled. *Or is it the other way around. *I get
confused. *;-)

Steve

Excuse me, but I do not have ANYONE killfiled. Unlike many of the
radical right in this group, I don't mind reading opposing opinions.