Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Day 81 update

This will only make sense to regular readers and old friends who were
with me back in March.

I still have a long ways to go, but I'm making progress. My smiler is
workin' again, there is joy in my life.

http://members.goldengate.net/dforem...t_cabin_visit/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
This will only make sense to regular readers and old friends who were
with me back in March.

I still have a long ways to go, but I'm making progress. My smiler is
workin' again, there is joy in my life.

http://members.goldengate.net/dforem..._cabin_visit/\

Great to hear you are doing ok Don. When I saw the picture of the well house
valve fix I thougth there may be a pic of you there too but there wasn't.
After years of seeing your posts on here I wonder a litte what you look
like. Sounds like you have some realy good friends.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
This will only make sense to regular readers and old friends who were
with me back in March.

I still have a long ways to go, but I'm making progress. My smiler is
workin' again, there is joy in my life.

http://members.goldengate.net/dforem..._cabin_visit/\

Great to hear you are doing ok Don. When I saw the picture of the well
house valve fix I thougth there may be a pic of you there too but there
wasn't. After years of seeing your posts on here I wonder a litte what you
look like. Sounds like you have some realy good friends.

PS - I use similar PVC pipe fittings for storing and transporting my
fishing rods. I find the threads can bind up REAL tight. I'm not sure what
the solution is, but beware you might find the cap hard to remove next time
you need to.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 01:04:31 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

This will only make sense to regular readers and old friends who were
with me back in March.

I still have a long ways to go, but I'm making progress. My smiler is
workin' again, there is joy in my life.

http://members.goldengate.net/dforem...t_cabin_visit/

Bravo!!

Say...since you like to read...I do have about 35 gigs of books on the
computer...if you want any. All manner of material..from firearms to
machining to fiction (heavy on SciFi) and so forth.
All you need is a puter to read em on.

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 14:24:26 +0800, "Dennis" wrote:

"Dennis" wrote in message
.au...

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
This will only make sense to regular readers and old friends who were
with me back in March.

I still have a long ways to go, but I'm making progress. My smiler is
workin' again, there is joy in my life.

http://members.goldengate.net/dforem..._cabin_visit/\

Great to hear you are doing ok Don. When I saw the picture of the well
house valve fix I thougth there may be a pic of you there too but there
wasn't. After years of seeing your posts on here I wonder a litte what you
look like. Sounds like you have some realy good friends.

PS - I use similar PVC pipe fittings for storing and transporting my
fishing rods. I find the threads can bind up REAL tight. I'm not sure what
the solution is, but beware you might find the cap hard to remove next time
you need to.

Vasoline or a shot from the grease gun.

Works for my rod holders just fine

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Glad you're improving.
Gunner. I thought oil was supposed to cause the PVC to deteriorate.
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Use aqua-lube then. Never looked for it at a retailer, but they must
have it. The greenish-blue stuff is best, but they make clear stuff
for swimming pools.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 14:24:26 +0800, "Dennis" wrote:

"Dennis" wrote in message
m.au...

[...]

I put a little white silicon grease on mine, all it did was attract every
bit of grit in a 100m radius!

Just had a thought, maybe silicon spray would do the job.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 19:29:52 +0800, "Dennis" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 14:24:26 +0800, "Dennis" wrote:

"Dennis" wrote in message
om.au...

[...]

It too will attract debris. Anything you use will likely attract grit.

Try rubbing the threads on a good parafin candle

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Oil will over time. White lithium tends to not screw it up. Least in my
experience.

One is assuming we are discussing the rod holders from another thread?

And improving from what?

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

This will only make sense to regular readers and old friends who were
with me back in March.

I still have a long ways to go, but I'm making progress. My smiler is
workin' again, there is joy in my life.

What'dja grease it with, Don?

http://members.goldengate.net/dforem...t_cabin_visit/

Who knows? Maybe Herr Gott enjoyed the dialog, too.

your sail, I bought a set of these when they were on sale for $8.
http://goo.gl/JsOze _very_ handy. I keep a 100' hank of paracord in
the truck, too, and found some 3mm paracord for my BugOutBag.

It sounds like you have a nice little 2,000sf cabin by a lake.

Isn't it time to dig the dirt away from the base of the wellhouse and
paint that trim, sir? Good fix, even though you eliminated a job for
a flexible, young acrobat.

Keep your Jiffy cornbread mix. It has a toxic ingredient in it. Sugar.
I make mine straight up, no tox.

Poly tubs are great, I concur.

Sounds as if you had a grand old time reopening the cabin. Keep up the
good work, suh.

--
Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can.
-- Mark Twain
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dennis wrote:
"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...
"Don Foreman" wrote in message
This will only make sense to regular readers and old friends who were
with me back in March.

I still have a long ways to go, but I'm making progress. My smiler is
workin' again, there is joy in my life.

http://members.goldengate.net/dforem..._cabin_visit/\

Great to hear you are doing ok Don. When I saw the picture of the well
house valve fix I thougth there may be a pic of you there too but there
wasn't. After years of seeing your posts on here I wonder a litte what you
look like. Sounds like you have some realy good friends.

PS - I use similar PVC pipe fittings for storing and transporting my
fishing rods. I find the threads can bind up REAL tight. I'm not sure what
the solution is, but beware you might find the cap hard to remove next time
you need to.

I had the same problem. Used some powdered graphite spray. Made a big
difference. Being dry it doesn't attract crud.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:
This will only make sense to regular readers and old friends who were
with me back in March.

I still have a long ways to go, but I'm making progress. My smiler is
workin' again, there is joy in my life.

It's good to hear from you Don. I was getting ready to send
a 'ping Don' message to find out how it's going.
Sounds to me like you are surrounded by some loving friends.

Don inventing extemporaneously at Farm 'n Fleet

You do that too?

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks for sharing, Don. Glad to see you're moving through the grief
process.

BTW, I'm a professional "turn the valve with an extension" designer.
Got six locations to drain. My best design is a small round plate, the
O.D. of the valve handle. Then six drill and tap holes to match the
six triangle openings in the valve (a small valve may have four). Then
put a headless bolt in each drill and tap. Mine are "real long" so I
weld a square tubing to make it to ground level and then had a square
rod that will fit inside to turn it. A shaft the right length with a
handle would serve you well.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 05:40:13 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

It sounds like you have a nice little 2,000sf cabin by a lake.

More like 800 sf. Cozy!

Keep your Jiffy cornbread mix. It has a toxic ingredient in it. Sugar.
I make mine straight up, no tox.

The stuff I gave away had a lot more sugar. That's why I gave it
away.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It sounds like you have a nice little 2,000sf cabin by a lake.

More like 800 sf. Cozy!

Nice.

Keep your Jiffy cornbread mix. It has a toxic ingredient in it. Sugar.
I make mine straight up, no tox.

The stuff I gave away had a lot more sugar. That's why I gave it
away.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! I buy Albers corn meal and use their recipe, sans
any sugar. It's much better that way. Cornbread is a bread, not a
cake, IMHO.

Corn meal sure got expensive a few years ago. It's $2.69 for a tiny
box now. SCREW ETHANOL!

--
Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can.
-- Mark Twain
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-08, Don Foreman wrote:
This will only make sense to regular readers and old friends who were
with me back in March.

I still have a long ways to go, but I'm making progress. My smiler is
workin' again, there is joy in my life.

Glad to hear that.

Best of luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Did you notice that Live Mail removes any cross-posted posts after you read
them in the first group seen.

----------

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

YES, I hate Live Mail but this new laptop rund Windows 7 and I don't like
the alternatives either. I like OE dammit! Why didn't MS continue it or at
least allow it to work on 7?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 14:59:06 -0400, "Josepi"
wrote:

I hated it at first also but I am really getting to like it. It definitely
has challenges but there are so many new features that surpass most of these
attempts at readers.

Notice how the foreign reader users will all bitch and whine about format
of post now? It's a riot watching these Agent and Mozerella users try to
decode a post that isn't formatted perfectly. Then the fights break out
'cause they all confused and want to cry about it...LOL

huh?

Gunner, Agent 1.93 user

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability
that any object will,through quantum effects, tunnel from
the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs,Indiana
(unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which
case the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota).

The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability.
Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones,
of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines."
Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Right on cue. Geesh!.. and that was a simple one to understand...LOL

Thanks Gunner.

-----------

-------------
wrote:

I hated it at first also but I am really getting to like it. It definitely
has challenges but there are so many new features that surpass most of these
attempts at readers.

Notice how the foreign reader users will all bitch and whine about format
of post now? It's a riot watching these Agent and Mozerella users try to
decode a post that isn't formatted perfectly. Then the fights break out
'cause they all confused and want to cry about it...LOL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-13, Josepi J.R.M wrote:
I hated it at first also but I am really getting to like it. It definitely
has challenges but there are so many new features that surpass most of these
attempts at readers.

Notice how the foreign reader users will all bitch and whine about format
of post now?

How do you define "foreign" in this application? And what are
you considering "native"?

Note that Usenet came into existence long before the PC (let
alone Windows) was on the market, and most newsreading was done in unix
systems, or DEC's VMS or various other systems -- and usually read on
plain ASCII terminals -- not via a GUI interface, and especially not
with a web browser.

So based on this, I would consider whatever *you* are using
(apparently some new Windows program) to be more foreign.

It's a riot watching these Agent and Mozerella users try to
decode a post that isn't formatted perfectly. Then the fights break out
'cause they all confused and want to cry about it...LOL

For that matter -- define "formatted perfectly"? Standard
nettequette guidelines call for lines no longer than the standard
terminal width (80 characters max, and usually 72 characters for
original text so there is room for a few layers of quoting before) among
many other things -- including the interleaved text with lots of
trimming form of posting often mis-called "bottom posting".

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Right on cue!

That's one

-------------

On 2011-06-13, Josepi J.R.M wrote:
[...]

(too) near Washington D.C. |

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-14, Josepi J.R.M wrote:
Right on cue!

That's one

Plonk!

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Classic!!! (my way or the highway)

I forgot to mention that Agent users were usually temperamental also.

Next time please adhere to the posting format that you are responding to.
Very rude of you.

On 2011-06-14, Josepi J.R.M wrote:
Right on cue!

That's one

update Mike Home Repair 1 March 10th 10 12:14 AM
RCD update Gib Bogle UK diy 0 April 25th 09 02:34 AM
Ode to the nut-An Update Lew Hodgett Woodworking 5 July 26th 06 03:27 AM
Captain's Bed Update, Web page update Mark & Juanita Woodworking 3 July 3rd 06 04:57 PM
Update Saml Home Repair 4 May 22nd 05 07:03 PM