Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Day 81 update

Thanks for sharing, Don. Glad to see you're moving through the grief
process.

BTW, I'm a professional "turn the valve with an extension" designer.
Got six locations to drain. My best design is a small round plate, the
O.D. of the valve handle. Then six drill and tap holes to match the
six triangle openings in the valve (a small valve may have four). Then
put a headless bolt in each drill and tap. Mine are "real long" so I
weld a square tubing to make it to ground level and then had a square
rod that will fit inside to turn it. A shaft the right length with a
handle would serve you well.

Karl