Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hope and Change - How is it working out....

Report Card on Obama's First Two Years
By K.E. Campbell
Two years ago today, Barack Obama was inaugurated as president of the
United States. Are you better off today than you were two years ago?

Numbers don't lie, and here are the data on the impact he has had on the
lives of Americans:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/..._first_tw.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-07, Steve W. wrote:

Report Card on Obama's First Two Years
By K.E. Campbell
Two years ago today, Barack Obama was inaugurated as president of the
United States. Are you better off today than you were two years ago?

Numbers don't lie, and here are the data on the impact he has had on the
lives of Americans:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/..._first_tw.html

The "hope and change" is working great for me.

I am far better off now than I was two year ago.

The American thinker report shows decent progress too. Stock market up
50% percent, cheaper housing, CPI up only 3.8%. In addition, American
thinker neglects to mention that we are in the midst of a broad
economic recovery that I call "Obama recovery".

Inflation and debt, doubtless, is a worry to me, to a greater extent
than the bond market seems to think.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message

Report Card on Obama's First Two Years
By K.E. Campbell
Two years ago today, Barack Obama was inaugurated as president of the
United States. Are you better off today than you were two years ago?

Numbers don't lie, and here are the data on the impact he has had on the
lives of Americans:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/..._first_tw.html

How stupid do they think their readers are? We all know when the recession
started and more-or-less the policies that caused it.

Why do they not show when these numbers started trending in a bad direction
and when they started trending in a good direction?

When a ship is steaming full tilt backwards into a reef, and a new captain
takes over and reverses the engines, will its motion suddenly reverse? No,
it will gradually slow its backward movement and then start moving forwards
taking some time until it again reaches that point where the more attentive
captain took over.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-07, anorton wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message

[...]

What did you expect from them, honest analysis?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-07, Steve W. wrote:

Report Card on Obama's First Two Years
By K.E. Campbell
Two years ago today, Barack Obama was inaugurated as president of the
United States. Are you better off today than you were two years ago?

Numbers don't lie, and here are the data on the impact he has had on
the lives of Americans:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/..._first_tw.html

The "hope and change" is working great for me.

I am far better off now than I was two year ago.

The American thinker report shows decent progress too. Stock market up
50% percent, cheaper housing, CPI up only 3.8%. In addition, American
thinker neglects to mention that we are in the midst of a broad
economic recovery that I call "Obama recovery".

Inflation and debt, doubtless, is a worry to me, to a greater extent
than the bond market seems to think.

I still can't find a job doing what I was doing - building commercial
cabinetry . This is because there is *NO* commercial construction going on
here to speak of . You might be better off , but there's still an awful lot
of people without jobs . A lot of people have dropped off the unemployment
rolls , which gives a skewed picture of the true situation .
I'm luckier than some , my wife's job is just barely enough to make ends
meet , and I contribute what I can when I can find work . I'm hoping my
handyman business picks up when the weather warms a bit , or this is gonna
be one mighty damn bleak summer .
--
Snag
Tightening my belt

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-07, anorton wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message

[...]

Well , uh , yes !

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"anorton" wrote in message
news

"Steve W." wrote in message

Report Card on Obama's First Two Years
By K.E. Campbell
Two years ago today, Barack Obama was inaugurated as president of the
United States. Are you better off today than you were two years ago?

Numbers don't lie, and here are the data on the impact he has had on the
lives of Americans:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/..._first_tw.html

How stupid do they think their readers are? We all know when the
recession started and more-or-less the policies that caused it.

Yes, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and their, everyone should own a home
policies, which
include Fannie May and Freddie Mac buying up the mortgages, banks were
forced to make
under boycot threats.
And Alan Greenspan making money to cheap for to long.
Mikek

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In my social circle. Prices are up. Unemployment is up. The
economy is a mess. I trace it all back to "stimulus" waste
of my money. Inflation, and business killing presidential
directives, like prohibiting oil drilling. I'd take Bush II
back, any day. Along with conservatives in the house and
senate. Not necessarily Republicans, but definitely
conservatives.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve W." wrote in message

Report Card on Obama's First Two Years
By K.E. Campbell
Two years ago today, Barack Obama was inaugurated as
president of the
United States. Are you better off today than you were two
years ago?

Numbers don't lie, and here are the data on the impact he
has had on the
lives of Americans:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/..._first_tw.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I think the recession started with the implementing of
massive "stimulus" deficit spending. This destroyed consumer
confidence. Combined with regulations, taxes, and
prohibiting businsess action like drilling in Gulf of
Mexico. Has really damaged the economy.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"anorton" wrote in
message
news
How stupid do they think their readers are? We all know
when the recession
started and more-or-less the policies that caused it.

Why do they not show when these numbers started trending in
a bad direction
and when they started trending in a good direction?

When a ship is steaming full tilt backwards into a reef, and
a new captain
takes over and reverses the engines, will its motion
suddenly reverse? No,
it will gradually slow its backward movement and then start
moving forwards
taking some time until it again reaches that point where the
more attentive
captain took over.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news
On 2011-02-07, Steve W. wrote:

[...]

If you're twiddling your thumbs waiting for the next construction boom then
you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Hint:

Pretty much most of the money that had been going into your wallet during
the housing bubble was borrowed--and now it, ( along with the interest
paymenst ) are slowly being re-paid to the banksters and other speculative
"investors"....most whom are already extremely wealthy...

And to make matters worse, much of the ( Bush ) Bailout money straight went
into pockets ( at taxpayer expense ) of investment firm executives who had
made poor choices for their clients...yes, the same rich assholes that alway
come out as being against revoking any tax cuts that Bush had made for the
rich.

By the time Bush was done mucking things up we were losing jobs at the
astounding rate of 700,000 per month

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_...omestic_policy

"
Under the Bush Administration, real GDP grew at an average annual rate of
2.5%,[96] considerably below the average for business cycles from 1949 to
2000.[97][98] Bush entered office with the Dow Jones Industrial Average at
10,587, and the average peaked in October 2007 at over 14,000. When Bush
left office, the average was at 7,949, one of the lowest levels of his
presidency.[99] Unemployment originally rose from 4.2% in January 2001 to
6.3% in June 2003, but subsequently dropped to 4.5% as of July 2007.[100]
Adjusted for inflation, median household income dropped by $1,175 between
2000 and 2007,[101] while Professor Ken Homa of Georgetown University has
noted that "after-tax median household income increased by 2%"[102] The
poverty rate increased from 11.3% in 2000 to 12.3% in 2006 after peaking at
12.7% in 2004.[103] By October 2008, due to increases in domestic and
foreign spending,[104] the national debt had risen to $11.3
trillion,[105][106] an increase of over 100% from the start of the year 2000
when the debt was $5.6 trillion.[107][108] Most debt was accumulated as a
result of what became known as the "Bush tax cuts" and increased national
security spending.[109] By the end of Bush's presidency, unemployment
climbed to 7.2%.[110] The perception of Bush's effect on the economy is
significantly affected by partisanship.[111]

In December 2007, the United States entered the longest post-World War II
recession,[15] which included a housing market correction, a subprime
mortgage crisis, soaring oil prices, and a declining dollar value.[112] In
February, 63,000 jobs were lost, a five-year record.[113][114] To aid with
the situation, Bush signed a $170 billion economic stimulus package which
was intended to improve the economic situation by sending tax rebate checks
to many Americans and providing tax breaks for struggling businesses. The
Bush administration pushed for significantly increased regulation of Fannie
Mae and Freddie Mac in 2003,[115] and after two years, the regulations
passed the House but died in the Senate. Many Republican senators, as well
as influential members of the Bush Administration, feared that the agency
created by these regulations would merely be mimicking the private sector's
risky practices.[116][117] In September 2008, the crisis became much more
serious beginning with the government takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
followed by the collapse of Lehman Brothers[118] and a federal bailout of
American International Group for $85 billion.[119]

Many economists and world governments determined that the situation became
the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.[120][121] Additional
regulation over the housing market would have been beneficial, according to
former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan.[122] Bush, meanwhile,
proposed a financial rescue plan to buy back a large portion of the U.S.
mortgage market.[123] Vince Reinhardt, a former Federal Reserve economist
now at the American Enterprise Institute, said "it would have helped for the
Bush administration to empower the folks at Treasury and the Federal Reserve
and the comptroller of the currency and the FDIC to look at these issues
more closely", and additionally, that it would have helped "for Congress to
have held hearings".[117]

In November 2008, over 500,000 jobs were lost, which marked the largest loss
of jobs in the United States in 34 years.[124] The Bureau of Labor
Statistics reported that in the last four months of 2008, 1.9 million jobs
were lost.[125] By the end of 2008, the U.S. had lost a total of 2.6 million
jobs.[126]"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message
news:BcWdnU9oKMw7_M3QnZ2dnUVZ_oWdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Snag" wrote in message

I still can't find a job doing what I was doing - building commercial
cabinetry . This is because there is *NO* commercial construction going
on

Oops--almost forgot...good luck finding a new job.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message

I still can't find a job doing what I was doing - building
commercial cabinetry . This is because there is *NO* commercial
construction going on

Oops--almost forgot...good luck finding a new job.

--

I've quit looking , am working a handyman business now . I think it'll
work out , when the weather warms things should pick up .

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

the economy is a mess. I trace it all back to "stimulus" waste
of my money.

Except we all know that you don't pay any taxes.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

the economy is a mess. I trace it all back to "stimulus" waste
of my money.

Except we all know that you don't pay any taxes.

--

And how do we know this ???

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

the economy is a mess. I trace it all back to "stimulus" waste
of my money.

Except we all know that you don't pay any taxes.

--

And how do we know this ???

I guess I'll retract the "we" part...

Anyways, it's pretty obvious if you've followed his postings for any length
of time...which, apparently, some here haven't.

Chris only works part time *at best*

--mostly relying on members of his church for the occasional odd job picking
locks or attempting to troubleshooti and repair hvac systems.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That's one of the most absurd things I've ever read.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in
message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message

the economy is a mess. I trace it all back to "stimulus"
waste
of my money.

Except we all know that you don't pay any taxes.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Same way that he knows I'm a racist, homophobe, child
molestor, and a greedy capitalist. Oh, and I have been known
to vote Republican. I also drink milk out of the jug.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Snag"
wrote in message ...

Except we all know that you don't pay any taxes.

--

And how do we know this ???

--
Snag
Learning keeps
you young !

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

And supposing I work part time at best. Are you implying
that racist, homophobe, child molesting, capitalist,
Republican voting, part time workers who drink milk out of
the jug pay no taxes?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

news:B56dndcN2ZEi5M3QnZ2dnUVZ_hqdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

And how do we know this ???

I guess I'll retract the "we" part...

Anyways, it's pretty obvious if you've followed his postings
for any length
of time...which, apparently, some here haven't.

Chris only works part time *at best*

--mostly relying on members of his church for the occasional
odd job picking
locks or attempting to troubleshooti and repair hvac
systems.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message

I still can't find a job doing what I was doing - building
commercial cabinetry . This is because there is *NO* commercial
construction going on

Oops--almost forgot...good luck finding a new job.

--

I've quit looking , am working a handyman business now . I think it'll
work out , when the weather warms things should pick up .

BTW , I don't blame Bush , I don't blame Obammy , I don't blame
republicans or democrats . I blame all the politicians , those who
"just went along" , and those lined their pockets with special
interest money . The bankers and others couldn't have done what they
did to us without the complicity of those who make the laws that
regulate them . Follow the money .

Snag, sorry to hear about this predicament (being in office furniture
business at the wrong time). You get hit by a double whammy, one being
that there is less office construction, and another that the market is
full of used office furniture, when companies are looking for ways to
save money and buy used.

I personally think that office construction was overdone in late
2000s, and that it is unlikely to come back at those levels.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-07, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Snag" wrote in message
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

the economy is a mess. I trace it all back to "stimulus" waste
of my money.

Except we all know that you don't pay any taxes.

--

And how do we know this ???

I guess I'll retract the "we" part...

Anyways, it's pretty obvious if you've followed his postings for any length
of time...which, apparently, some here haven't.

Chris only works part time *at best*

--mostly relying on members of his church for the occasional odd job picking
locks or attempting to troubleshooti and repair hvac systems.

I would be shocked if this Storming Mormon paid any income taxes. I
agree with your assessment of his economic situation.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
And supposing I work part time at best. Are you implying
that racist, homophobe, child molesting, capitalist,
Republican voting, part time workers who drink milk out of
the jug pay no taxes?

Obvious I struck a raw nerve...

First off, I have nothing against the poor..

My only implication was that in all likelyhood your annual income level is
well below the threshold at which you would be responsible for payment of
any federal taxes

Might as well start flapping your arms and clucking since you're already
doing the chicken dance now.

....LOL...

"stimulus waste of my money"

--what a whopper...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message

Report Card on Obama's First Two Years
By K.E. Campbell
Two years ago today, Barack Obama was inaugurated as president of the
United States. Are you better off today than you were two years ago?

Numbers don't lie, and here are the data on the impact he has had on the
lives of Americans:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/..._first_tw.html

The company I work for is global with plants in Russia, Romania, Germany,
Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, ...all over the world. The amount of work I
get in overtime is proportional to the economy of the USA. The last year of
Bush, I made $70k, the 1st year of Obama, I made $62K, the 2nd year of Obama
I made $66K, I made more last year than the year before, but I'm still not
making what I made the last year of Bush. And my earnings are right in line
with the statistics, the economy is better than 2009 but still not as good
as 2008. For those paying attention, the economic nosedive happened the
same time Obama pulled ahead in the polls, our plants overtime and projects
halted the day after the election that Obama won. Just a coincidence I'm
sure, yeah right!

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 13:13:02 -0600, Ignoramus31358

On 2011-02-07, Steve W. wrote:

Report Card on Obama's First Two Years
By K.E. Campbell
Two years ago today, Barack Obama was inaugurated as president of the
United States. Are you better off today than you were two years ago?

Numbers don't lie, and here are the data on the impact he has had on the
lives of Americans:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/..._first_tw.html

The "hope and change" is working great for me.

I am far better off now than I was two year ago.

What, specifically, has Obama done that has made you better off?

The American thinker report shows decent progress too. Stock market up
50% percent, cheaper housing, CPI up only 3.8%. In addition, American
thinker neglects to mention that we are in the midst of a broad
economic recovery that I call "Obama recovery".

Only a democrat in denial could think that hundreds of thousands of
homes in foreclosure, lowering the value of all properties, was a good
thing and call it "cheaper housing". You ought to be ashamed for
lying to yourself (and others) on that one, Ig.

--
If the American people ever allow private banks to control
the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-07, Steve W. wrote:

[...]

This area has seen a lot of retail businesses closing, along with
restaurants. Even thrift stores are going out of business.

Good luck with your handyman business. Word of mouth is your best
advertising. In Obama's economy a lot of people are doing without a
telephone, or are using that 100 minute a month free cell phone service
which doesn't go far.

Teflon coated.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-08, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
And supposing I work part time at best. Are you implying
that racist, homophobe, child molesting, capitalist,
Republican voting, part time workers who drink milk out of
the jug pay no taxes?

Obvious I struck a raw nerve...

First off, I have nothing against the poor..

My only implication was that in all likelyhood your annual income level is
well below the threshold at which you would be responsible for payment of
any federal taxes

Might as well start flapping your arms and clucking since you're already
doing the chicken dance now.

He may be paying sales taxes on the beer and cigarette taxes, but he
is very unlikely to be paying income tax, which is what he is
complaining about.

...LOL...

"stimulus waste of my money"

--what a whopper...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-07, Steve W. wrote:

Report Card on Obama's First Two Years
By K.E. Campbell
Two years ago today, Barack Obama was inaugurated as president of the
United States. Are you better off today than you were two years ago?

Numbers don't lie, and here are the data on the impact he has had on the
lives of Americans:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/..._first_tw.html

The "hope and change" is working great for me.

I am far better off now than I was two year ago.

What, specifically, has Obama done that has made you better off?

Restored general confidence tat a collapse of everything will not be
allowed.

The American thinker report shows decent progress too. Stock market up
50% percent, cheaper housing, CPI up only 3.8%. In addition, American
thinker neglects to mention that we are in the midst of a broad
economic recovery that I call "Obama recovery".

Only a democrat in denial could think that hundreds of thousands of
homes in foreclosure, lowering the value of all properties, was a good
thing and call it "cheaper housing". You ought to be ashamed for
lying to yourself (and others) on that one, Ig.

Actually, yes, lower housing prices is a good and not a bad thing, it
means that houses are more affordable. As for those in foreclosure, it
simply is a result of loans that were given unwisely, at the time when
they were actually given.

You cannot blame Obama for a dumb loan made in 2007 to an
irresponsible borrower.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

On 2011-02-07, Steve W. wrote:

[...]

You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a band-aid on it, because
it's Teflon coated.

Thanks , I've been down this road before . Last time I was self-employed
my main thing was home repairs and remodeling . I'm not exactly looking to
hump 4x8 plywood up stairs anymore ...
A little welding , fix a dishwasher , replace faucet washers looks more
attractive now ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-07, Steve W. wrote:

[...]

But we CAN blame those who forced banks to make loans they shouldn't have
made in the first place - they're called "politicians" .

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-07, Steve W. wrote:

[...]

SNAG, YOU HAVE IT ALL BACKWARDS!

The bankers paid the politicians to change those old laws -
so they could make buckets of bucks!

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-07, Steve W. wrote:

[...]

I agree with that, yes.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-07, Steve W. wrote:

Report Card on Obama's First Two Years
By K.E. Campbell
Two years ago today, Barack Obama was inaugurated as president of the
United States. Are you better off today than you were two years ago?

Numbers don't lie, and here are the data on the impact he has had on the
lives of Americans:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/..._first_tw.html

The "hope and change" is working great for me.

I am far better off now than I was two year ago.

What, specifically, has Obama done that has made you better off?

Restored general confidence tat a collapse of everything will not be
allowed.

"Here's a trillion. Please don't collapse." Rinse, repeat. sigh

No, I mean physically "done", not "said" or "hoped for".
No etherics, please.

And on the flip side, terror from the realities of Obamacare hasn't
yet saturated the public's awareness, but expect absolute panic when
it finally does.

The American thinker report shows decent progress too. Stock market up
50% percent, cheaper housing, CPI up only 3.8%. In addition, American
thinker neglects to mention that we are in the midst of a broad
economic recovery that I call "Obama recovery".

Only a democrat in denial could think that hundreds of thousands of
homes in foreclosure, lowering the value of all properties, was a good
thing and call it "cheaper housing". You ought to be ashamed for
lying to yourself (and others) on that one, Ig.

Actually, yes, lower housing prices is a good and not a bad thing, it
means that houses are more affordable. As for those in foreclosure, it
simply is a result of loans that were given unwisely, at the time when
they were actually given.

I'm sorry. I forgot that you were a True Believer of The Chosen One.

You cannot blame Obama for a dumb loan made in 2007 to an
irresponsible borrower.

I sure as hell _can_! He helped creat, as well as tremendously
expand, fully irresponsible LOANERS.

He was one of the senators who pushed the hell out of the Powers That
Be in D.C. (on the boards of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, in Congress,
and in the media) to loan more money to people (primarily, blacks) who
could not afford a home. that meant they were loaning to people of all
color who couldn't afford homes. You can verify that via the
Democratic Black Caucus. And he turned ACORN into what it was, a
thuggish mob ready to show people how to cheat the gov't. (See ACORN
scandal movies, etc.)

I didn't catch the Obama interview on O'Reilly last Saturday, did you?

--
Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening
of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Highly opinionated people like you, who know everything
about people you've never met. Seldom listen to reason, in
any case. I think the pure absurdity of what you've written
is really clear, from here. Any person in the USA who buys
and sells, earns and spends money, pays taxes. The taxes are
built into the price of what a person purchases. You are so
myopic.

As to stimulus money, I know of no where in the Constitution
that the Fed has been given the power to regulate or
stimulate the economy. Certainly not by taxing working
people, and then redistributing the money to other people.
The working people who actually do useful work have been
damaged quite a lot by that reckless spending.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in
message

Obvious I struck a raw nerve...

First off, I have nothing against the poor..

My only implication was that in all likelyhood your annual
income level is
well below the threshold at which you would be responsible
for payment of
any federal taxes

Might as well start flapping your arms and clucking since
you're already
doing the chicken dance now.

....LOL...

"stimulus waste of my money"

--what a whopper...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 7, 10:18*pm, Ignoramus31358 ignoramus31...@NOSPAM.
31358.invalid wrote:

What, specifically, has Obama done that has made you better off?

Restored general confidence tat a collapse of everything will not be
allowed.

Actually, yes, lower housing prices is a good and not a bad thing, it
means that houses are more affordable. As for those in foreclosure, it
simply is a result of loans that were given unwisely, at the time when
they were actually given.

You cannot blame Obama for a dumb loan made in 2007 to an
irresponsible borrower.

I do not believe that Obama restored confidence. I had confidence,
but it was shaken when Obama put the emphasis on the Health Care
instead of the economy. And it is somewhat shaken by the increase in
the national debt.

Lower house prices are a good thing, unless one wants to sell their
house or in my case some land. The land was acquired back in 1975 for
cash so no problem with loans. Just not much market for land and the
real estate taxes still have to be paid. According to the evalution
for taxes the land has gone down in value by 87k$ from 2010 to 2011.
That time period is all on OBama's watch. Problems selling applies
regardless of whether the loans were prudent or unwise.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message

According to the evalution
for taxes the land has gone down in value by 87k$ from 2010 to 2011.
That time period is all on OBama's watch.

Bush caused 9/11

Happened on his watch....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I figured the taxes of Clinton, and the stagflation of
Carter. In both cases, I understimated our Community
Organizer in Chief.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

I do not believe that Obama restored confidence. I had
confidence,
but it was shaken when Obama put the emphasis on the Health
Care
instead of the economy. And it is somewhat shaken by the
increase in
the national debt.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 08:42:48 -0700, Steve Ackman
wrote:

wrote:

I'm sorry. I forgot that you were a True Believer of The Chosen One.

Larry, you're the one who first mentioned ch. 4 in
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion. (Thanks for
that, btw -- took me a while to get around to it, but
I'm finally on the last chapter)

Jewelcome. Ed Huntress, I believe, turned me on to that several years
ago. I was happy to pass it on. Great book, isn't it? The jewelry
sale was another thing that caught my eye. (Store owner couldn't sell
pieces at $5, left instructions for the clerk to run 'em at 2/5 while
she left for the weekend/ vacation, clerk mistook that for $25 and
sold them all that weekend at the increased price, IIRC.)

Remember, once the prophesied occurences don't, the
faithful become even more rabidly faithful.

I didn't catch the Obama interview on O'Reilly last Saturday, did you?

Not at the time, but it's available.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3SX0lRWjEk

I'll definitely have to watch the squirming, though I'm sure it was an
entirely scripted scene. I don't think The O's handlers let him talk
freely. Is this guy another (slightly more tanned) version of Slick
Willy, or what?

the Muslim Brotherhood, "there are strains of their ideology which
are anti-US"? Sheeeeeeit, what an understatement.

--
Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening
of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences.
It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is
happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with
awareness. -- Louis L'Amour
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm sorry. I forgot that you were a True Believer of The Chosen One.

Larry, you're the one who first mentioned ch. 4 in
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion. (Thanks for
that, btw -- took me a while to get around to it, but
I'm finally on the last chapter)

Jewelcome. Ed Huntress, I believe, turned me on to that several years
ago. I was happy to pass it on. Great book, isn't it? The jewelry
sale was another thing that caught my eye. (Store owner couldn't sell
pieces at $5, left instructions for the clerk to run 'em at 2/5 while
she left for the weekend/ vacation, clerk mistook that for $25 and
sold them all that weekend at the increased price, IIRC.)

I loved that book when I read it 11 years ago.

Remember, once the prophesied occurences don't, the
faithful become even more rabidly faithful.

I didn't catch the Obama interview on O'Reilly last Saturday, did you?

Not at the time, but it's available.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3SX0lRWjEk

I'll definitely have to watch the squirming, though I'm sure it was an
entirely scripted scene. I don't think The O's handlers let him talk
freely. Is this guy another (slightly more tanned) version of Slick
Willy, or what?

the Muslim Brotherhood, "there are strains of their ideology which
are anti-US"? Sheeeeeeit, what an understatement.

I watched the recording (about 80% of it) and it was actually very
nice.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

CaveLamb wrote:
Snag wrote:
Ignoramus31358 wrote:
You cannot blame Obama for a dumb loan made in 2007 to an
irresponsible borrower.

But we CAN blame those who forced banks to make loans they shouldn't
have made in the first place - they're called "politicians" .

SNAG, YOU HAVE IT ALL BACKWARDS!

The bankers paid the politicians to change those old laws -
so they could make buckets of bucks!

Everybody wins but the "general public" ... one of these days the "general
public" is gonna get fed up with being raped repeatedly by big business and
politicians , and there will be blood in the streets . I'm not lookin'
forward to it , but am prepared should it happen .
I won't go out lookin' for targets , but ya best not mess with me and mine
..
--
Snag
Learning keeps