Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gorilla Glass

"New" 48 year old invention.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ope6uViLcEY

Interesting video. Its nice that its stronger than regular glass, but I
would have liked to see them push it until it did break.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob La Londe wrote:
"New" 48 year old invention.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ope6uViLcEY

Interesting video. Its nice that its stronger than regular glass, but I
would have liked to see them push it until it did break.

Was this video made in 1987? It sure sounds and looks like it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Bob La Londe wrote:
"New" 48 year old invention.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ope6uViLcEY

Interesting video. Its nice that its stronger than regular glass, but I
would have liked to see them push it until it did break.

Was this video made in 1987? It sure sounds and looks like it.

I would not be surprised. The product was developed in 1962.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob La Londe wrote:
"New" 48 year old invention.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ope6uViLcEY

Interesting video. Its nice that its stronger than regular glass, but I
would have liked to see them push it until it did break.

Was this video made in 1987? It sure sounds and looks like it.

I would not be surprised. The product was developed in 1962.

It has properties that are not dissimilar to the original Pyrex, which is
borosilicate glass (still available as cookware in Europe, but it's not the
Pyrex sold for that purpose today in the US). "Gorilla glass" is
aluminosilicate.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 08:58:40 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"New" 48 year old invention.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ope6uViLcEY

Interesting video. Its nice that its stronger than regular glass, but I
would have liked to see them push it until it did break.

==========

Its an interesting product, but the corporate actions are
even more interesting.

From the available media reports, Corning will make no
attempt to [expand] manufacture of the product in the U.S.
but is converting an existing plant in Japan, with the
product in finished form, e.g. flat screen TVs, to be
imported to the United States.
http://www.csmonitor.com/Money/new-e...s-head-to-Asia

Thus not only are jobs exported, and the infrastructure/tax
base expanded in other than U.S. tax jurisdictions, but the
current account trade deficit increased at a time of serious
U.S. unemployment and deficits.

I have already written my Senators and Representative about
this [for what ever good that will do]. A copy of this
email is attached below. Feel to use all, any part, or none
of it, to write your own "Congress persons."

Almost all Senators and Representatives have a web site with
a mail page. You can locate your Senators and their web
mail addresses at http://senate.gov/ any your representative
at http://house.gov/ You can send an email to the President
at http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ although there is a
1,500 character limit.

One hint -- after you identify your "Congress Persons" and
locate their web mail pages, "bookmark" for easy future
"nagging."

===== start of email ====
"GORILLA GLASS" AND THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER.

The media has had several news items about a new and rising
demand for a 50-year old product, a very strong and scratch
resistant glass by Corning.

For detailed information see:
http://news.google.com/news/search?a...s&oq =gorilla

The reason I am writing is that it appears the patent owner,
Corning, appears determined to export the jobs created by
the demand for this new old product, and the factory
investment needed to produce it.
http://www.csmonitor.com/Money/new-e...s-head-to-Asia

To be sure, as the owner of the patent [now apparently
expired] and possibly "trade secrets," they currently have
the right to produce the material wherever they wish and
import it for the U.S. market, however it is totally
unconscionable for them to receive U.S. tax credits for so
doing, either as special "investment tax credits," some sort
of "export tax credits for intellectual property," or
through deductibility of overseas investments and interest
as a business expense on their U.S. taxes.

The rationale for tax deductibility for "investments,"
interest, and capitalization/depreciation of R&D has been
that such tax preferences eventually generate enough U.S.
jobs, increase the U.S. tax base, develop the U.S.
manufacturing capacity and increase domestic "intellectual
property" enough to at least offset the taxes initially
lost. This is self-evidently no longer the case with the
proliferation of U.S. domiciled transnational corporations
and their increasing abuse of these provisions of the tax
code.

I am therefore suggesting:

(1) Revision of the IRS code to prohibit the tax
deductibility of investments and interest or other payments
for these investments, ON U.S. TAXES, for any facilities
constructed, operated or purchased outside U.S. tax
jurisdiction.

(2) Revision of the IRS code for the mandatory pro rata
reduction of tax deductabilities, tax exemptions, tax
credits, subsidies, etc. after the application of (1) above,
by the percent of non-U.S. citizens employed at these
facilities, illegal or legal, i.e. H1b. Most of the
required data is already available through the IRS W2 wage
reporting system, backed by ICE.

(3) Revision of the IRS code to provide for the recapture
of tax credits and deductions, with interest and penalties,
for "R&D," when the products or processes developed are
"exported" through sale or license for production overseas,
which are then imported into the U.S., unless it can be
shown that sufficient U.S. taxes have been generated by the
domestic application of the "R&D" through increased jobs,
increased tax base, etc. using accepted economic
methodology, to offset the tax reductions/exemptions. In
the case of "sleeper products" such as "Gorilla Glass," that
have remained dormant for many years, NPV/DCF adjustment
with a reasonable internal rate of return and inflation
adjustment should be applied to the original R&D
"investment" costs to prevent "shelving."

=== end of email ====

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob La Londe wrote:
"New" 48 year old invention.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ope6uViLcEY

Interesting video. Its nice that its stronger than regular glass, but I
would have liked to see them push it until it did break.

Was this video made in 1987? It sure sounds and looks like it.

I would not be surprised. The product was developed in 1962.

It has properties that are not dissimilar to the original Pyrex, which is
borosilicate glass (still available as cookware in Europe, but it's not the
Pyrex sold for that purpose today in the US). "Gorilla glass" is
aluminosilicate.

Anchor Hocking still makes & sells borosilicate glass products in the
US. A search on their site gives 442 hits so you're wrong, yet again.

http://www.anchorhocking.com/search.html?search=borosilicate+glass
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Bob La Londe wrote:
"New" 48 year old invention.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ope6uViLcEY

Interesting video. Its nice that its stronger than regular glass,
but I
would have liked to see them push it until it did break.

Was this video made in 1987? It sure sounds and looks like it.

I would not be surprised. The product was developed in 1962.

It has properties that are not dissimilar to the original Pyrex, which is
borosilicate glass (still available as cookware in Europe, but it's not
the
Pyrex sold for that purpose today in the US). "Gorilla glass" is
aluminosilicate.

Anchor Hocking still makes & sells borosilicate glass products in the
US. A search on their site gives 442 hits so you're wrong, yet again.

Not since 1998, Michael. Read what I said above. Pyrex cookware sold in the
US today is tempered soda lime glass, and has been for over a decade. That's
why Anchor Hocking doesn't call their glass products "Pyrex."

Once again, in your desperate quest to prove your superiority, you've stuck
your foot in your mouth.

Check your facts, Michael. You should know better by now.

--
Ed Huntress

http://www.anchorhocking.com/search.html?search=borosilicate+glass

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Anchor Hocking still makes & sells borosilicate glass products in the
US. A search on their site gives 442 hits so you're wrong, yet again.

Not since 1998, Michael. Read what I said above. Pyrex cookware sold in the
US today is tempered soda lime glass, and has been for over a decade. That's
why Anchor Hocking doesn't call their glass products "Pyrex."

Unless something changed recently, Ed is absolutely correct. I looked into this a while
back.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 02:39:44 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
om...

Bob La Londe wrote:
[...]

Our of curiosity, why isn't US Pyrex and similar borosilicate glass anymore? I
can even buy the stuff in sheet from the glassworks half a mile from home
(useful when you break the oven door and want to replace it with something
decent..).

On the original topic, I'm less than impressed that the videos all seem to
show them comparing the new glass with ordinary soda-lime glass. That's a bit
like comparing a Nimonic alloy with wood :-|

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mark Rand wrote:

Check your facts, Michael. You should know better by now.

Our of curiosity, why isn't US Pyrex and similar borosilicate glass anymore? I
can even buy the stuff in sheet from the glassworks half a mile from home
(useful when you break the oven door and want to replace it with something
decent..).

Here is one take on it.

http://thestatsblog.wordpress.com/20...ion-continues/

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news:IZCdnVD2bKBLc8HRnZ2dnUVZ_qudnZ2d@earthlink. com...

Bob La Londe wrote:
[...]

It's only the cookware. You can still get lab glassware labelled Pyrex
that's borosilicate.

I dunno why. Soda-lime glass probably is cheaper. Dow-Corning sold the
cookware business in the US to some other company in 1998.

I think it was Iggy that had a Pyrex baking dish explode. There are lots of
complaints about the new stuff.

can even buy the stuff in sheet from the glassworks half a mile from home
(useful when you break the oven door and want to replace it with something
decent..).

They make the real stuff in France. I considered importing it, but the
licensing and trademark thing is sewed up tight.

On the original topic, I'm less than impressed that the videos all seem to
show them comparing the new glass with ordinary soda-lime glass. That's a
bit
like comparing a Nimonic alloy with wood :-|

Yeah. I never heard of aluminosilicate glass before, but apparently it's
been around since the '60s.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/7/2010 5:30 PM, Wes wrote:

Here is one take on it.

http://thestatsblog.wordpress.com/20...ion-continues/

Here is World Kitchens, LLC answer to another article. What is
interesting is the statement that soda-lime glass is superior in the
application. The product sold outside the US, however, is borosilicate.
This begs the question: Why are they selling inferior glassware in Europe?

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._response.html

Kevin Gallimore

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 7, 4:53*pm, Wes wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

* Anchor Hocking still makes & sells borosilicate glass products in the
US. *A search on their site gives 442 hits so you're wrong, yet again.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 3, 9:09*pm, F. George McDuffee gmcduf...@mcduffee-
associates.us wrote:

From the available media reports, Corning will make no
attempt to [expand] manufacture of the product in the U.S.
but is converting an existing plant in Japan, with the
product in finished form, e.g. flat screen TVs, to be
imported to the United States. *http://www.csmonitor.com/Money/new-e...rilla-glass-in...

-- Unka George *(George McDuffee)

Makes perfect sense to me. Why would you make the glass for flat
screen TV's in the U.S. when the flat screen tv's are made in Asia.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Anchor Hocking still makes & sells borosilicate glass products in the
US. A search on their site gives 442 hits so you're wrong, yet again.

Not since 1998, Michael. Read what I said above. Pyrex cookware sold in the
US today is tempered soda lime glass, and has been for over a decade. That's
why Anchor Hocking doesn't call their glass products "Pyrex."

Unless something changed recently, Ed is absolutely correct. I looked into this a while
back.

Wes

Anchor Hocking can't use the name Pyrex, but they sell borosilicate
glassware. I bought some a month ago, and their website had 442 hits
for "borosilicate glass".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

"Ed wrote:

Anchor Hocking still makes& sells borosilicate glass products in the
US. A search on their site gives 442 hits so you're wrong, yet again.

Not since 1998, Michael. Read what I said above. Pyrex cookware sold in the
US today is tempered soda lime glass, and has been for over a decade. That's
why Anchor Hocking doesn't call their glass products "Pyrex."

Unless something changed recently, Ed is absolutely correct. I looked into this a while
back.

Wes

Anchor Hocking can't use the name Pyrex, but they sell borosilicate
glassware. I bought some a month ago, and their website had 442 hits
for "borosilicate glass".

You might want to look more closely at those 442 hits. Searching on
borosilicate alone yields 9 hits, searching on borosilicate glass yields
443, however examining them it appears that 434 of them do not contain
the world "borosilicate"--apparently the search is on "borosilicate OR
glass" rather than "borosilicate AND glass" or the phrase "borosilicate
glass".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

axolotl wrote:

On 8/7/2010 5:30 PM, Wes wrote:

Here is one take on it.

http://thestatsblog.wordpress.com/20...ion-continues/

Here is World Kitchens, LLC answer to another article. What is
interesting is the statement that soda-lime glass is superior in the
application. The product sold outside the US, however, is borosilicate.
This begs the question: Why are they selling inferior glassware in Europe?

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._response.html

Kevin Gallimore

I sure don't plan to buy some of both and do my own testing. I seem to remember mom
having a baking dish fail when I was a kid. That would have had to be borosilicate due to
the time frame. One isolated case means squat.

#later in day, I knew I was going over so I stopped typing#
Checking with mom at dinner today had her coming up blank so it might have been grandma
(departed) or a memory from somewhere else. Mom doesn't ever remember an issue with glass
bakeware.

If there was a problem with either one, I'm sure the tort lawyers would be all over it so
I'm going to stick with the opinion that it is a non-issue at this point in time.

FWIW, I installed a couple Waldmann light fixtures in a couple od/id grinders after
getting tired of replacing the plastic lense covers on the oem lighting that would get
destroyed by a blown wheel.

With borosilicate glass, haven't had one crack yet and it has been at least 5 years. I
didn't think acrylic would fare so good with CBN wheels. (scratching)

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Wes wrote:

"Ed wrote:

[...]

The Anchor Hocking items I purchased state that they are made of
borosilicate glass. Are you going to claim that they weren't?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Wes wrote:

"Ed wrote:

[...]

I'm not "claiming" anything except that there are only nine items on the
Anchor Hocking web site that are specifically described on that site as
being made from borosilicate glass, and there appears to be no general
statement on that site that Anchor Hocking products are made from
borosilicate. If you can show that others currently for sale are also
made from it, please provide a list of products and SKU numbers (and,
ideally, links to photos of the labels showing the SKU number and the
"borosilicate glass" statement) so that others wanting borosilicate
glass can benefit from your experience.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Wes wrote:

"Ed wrote:

[...]

Just to set the record straight, there are no Anchor Hocking cookware items
made of borosilicate glass. There are a few pieces of their stemware that
are, and some decorative canisters. But no cookware. All of their cookware
is made of tempered soda-lime glass, just like US-sold Pyrex.

As far as they know, there is no borosilicate glass cookware sold on the US
market. I have no way of checking that for accuracy.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/10/2010 5:34 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
"J. wrote in message

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Wes wrote:

"Ed wrote:

[...]

Bodum sells some borosilicate measuring cups.

Saint Gobain Vidros sells Brazilian-made "Marinex" brand borosilicate
bakeware in the US if you can find it--Amazon.com lists quite a lot of
it. Note that they also have a line of tableware sold under the same
brand name that appears to be tempered soda-lime so read the details
carefully.

Arcuisine in France sells a couple of sizes of borosilicate baking dish
on the US market--google "arcuisine elegance" and you should find a
number or sources.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 10, 5:34*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Just to set the record straight, there are no Anchor Hocking cookware items
made of borosilicate glass. There are a few pieces of their stemware that
are, and some decorative canisters. But no cookware. All of their cookware
is made of tempered soda-lime glass, just like US-sold Pyrex.

As far as they know, there is no borosilicate glass cookware sold on the US
market. I have no way of checking that for accuracy.

--
Ed Huntress

I may have been wrong when I said Anchor Hocking sold borosilicate
glass bakeware. I did find references to Anchor Hocking selling
borosilicate glass bakeware with the tradename Fireking.
But they may have stopped selling borosilicate glass bakeware. The
Anchor Hocking website that I looked at does not promote Fireking
bakeware.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. wrote in message

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Wes wrote:

"Ed wrote:

[...]

Interesting. Arc in France makes borosilicate Pyrex, but it isn't sold here.
I wonder what the relationship is, if any, between Arcuisine and Arc?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. wrote in message

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Wes wrote:

"Ed wrote:

[...]

"Arcuisine Elegance" is the product that is sold in the UK as "Pyrex
Elegance".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. wrote in message

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Wes wrote:

"Ed wrote:

[...]

The plot thickens. g

Last November, after we had our earlier discussion about this, after Iggy's
baking dish explosion, I had a lawyer friend look into the prospects for
importing Arc Pyrex into the US (importing cookware used to be one of my
parents' businesses, and I was interested.) Basically, he said "no way."
Pyrex is sewed up. To sell under another brand, you'd have to be prepared to
spend big bucks to build a brand.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. wrote in message

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Wes wrote:

"Ed wrote:

[...]

Depends on how big a market you want. I doubt that they're trying to
dethrone Pyrex as a brand.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

I'm not "claiming" anything except that there are only nine items on the
Anchor Hocking web site that are specifically described on that site as
being made from borosilicate glass, and there appears to be no general
statement on that site that Anchor Hocking products are made from
borosilicate. If you can show that others currently for sale are also
made from it, please provide a list of products and SKU numbers (and,
ideally, links to photos of the labels showing the SKU number and the
"borosilicate glass" statement) so that others wanting borosilicate
glass can benefit from your experience.

These are two of the items I bought about two months ago. The
paperwork with each stated that they were made with borosilicate glass:

http://www.anchorhocking.com/prodd_4...ics_9_pie.html

http://www.anchorhocking.com/prodd_4...n_storage.html

I can't find the third item on the A-H website, but here is a similar
Pyrex brand item:

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...keware&prdNo=5

There are several other items I can no longer find on the A-K website
that were there when I researched the items I purchased.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. wrote in message

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Wes wrote:

"Ed wrote:

[...]

My family having been in that business for years, but long before web
marketing, our experience was that marketing niche items in that market is
expensive business. There are several angles you can take but they're either
fiercely price competitive, at the low end, or they require some kind of
prestige cache, at the high end. My idea was that, if you could market
"original Pyrex," you'd have a natural. But it appears that the license
holders have it sewn up pretty tight. No surprise.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. wrote in message

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Wes wrote:

"Ed wrote:

[...]

It looks like there's a niche market for borosilicate bakeware that none
of the big players in the US are filling. That seems to be what Saint
Gobain and Arc are going after.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

[...]

Interesting. Next time I see such an item I'll have to check it out.
Meanwhile I emailed Anchor Hocking asking about this--it will be
interesting to see what they say.

Oh, and just for clarity, you did buy in the US?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. wrote in message

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Wes wrote:

"Ed wrote:

[...]

With a gourmet cachet that they've carefully cultivated -- and paid for.

St. Gobain is a classy brand. Arc is not well known in the US by its own
name, but it has the horsepower to drive distribution. At least, enough for
their purposes.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

"J. Clarke" wrote:

[...]

See if they say something like this:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact Anchor Hocking.

"Anchor Hocking strives to maintain high quality standards to produce the
finest glassware available.

"We would like you to know that the material used in all glass ovenware
in the market place today is known as soda lime glass, which has been
subjected to a manufacturing process known as tempering. It is the same
process used to produce tempered safety glass found in many windows or
glass shower doors, etc.

"Tempered glassware is also a more durable glass and beside the
durability and safety there is no lead or harmful chemicals in our
products making them very consumer health conscious glassware products.

"We do appreciate hearing from you."

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote:

[...]

Does Florida qualify? ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote:

[...]

Yup, that's fine--just wanted to be sure we weren't going around over
European or Asian vs US glass.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

[...]

Well, in response to my inquiry, I got back from Anchor Hocking:

"Anchor Hocking strives to maintain high quality standards to provide
the finest glassware products available. We are proud of our products
and responsiveness to our consumer questions.

We would like you to know the material used in glass ovenware in the
market place today is known as soda lime glass, which has been subjected
to a manufacturing process known as tempering. It is the same process
used to produce tempered safety glass found in many windows or glass
shower doors, etc.

Additionally, tempered ovenware products are more durable and a
healthier product. Our glassware contains no lead or harmful chemicals
making it a very consumer health conscious product. "

So, if they are producing borosilicate bakeware they don't want it to be
known.

Perhaps the items you have were "new old stock"?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote:

[...]

That's possible. Some retailers aren't know for being careful to
rotate stock. Still, it makes you wonder why there are so many hits for
borosilicate when you search their site. They showed a set of salt &
pepper shakers as borosilicate. I wonder if they never bothered to
remove old keywords, or if it's SEO fraud?

At any rate, the items I bought were exactly what I was looking for.
I notice that the prices have dropped since I bought mine, too.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote:

[...]

I don't think that salt and pepper shakers or any of the other 9 items
they list as borosilicate are "ovenware".

At any rate, the items I bought were exactly what I was looking for.
I notice that the prices have dropped since I bought mine, too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 19:25:30 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

I don't think that salt and pepper shakers or any of the other 9 items
they list as borosilicate are "ovenware".

Where do you think Hot Chillie Pepper comes from????

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

?
? "J. Clarke" wrote:
??
?? On 8/10/2010 10:17 PM, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
???
??? "J. Clarke" wrote:
????
[...]

No, but a lot of people leave them sitting on a stove, near the vent
from the oven. I've seen them crack, or worse from the heat.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

?
? "J. Clarke" wrote:
??
?? On 8/10/2010 10:17 PM, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
???
??? "J. Clarke" wrote:
????
[...]

Relevance? Anchor Hocking said that their "ovenware" was not
borosilicate. They did not say that their salt and pepper shakers were
not borosilicate. Since those are not "ovenware" there is no
contradiction between the statement that they emailed me that their
ovenware was not borosilicate and the statement on their Web site that
their salt and pepper shakers are borosilicate.