Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gorilla Glass

Wes wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Anchor Hocking still makes & sells borosilicate glass products in the
US. A search on their site gives 442 hits so you're wrong, yet again.

Not since 1998, Michael. Read what I said above. Pyrex cookware sold in the
US today is tempered soda lime glass, and has been for over a decade. That's
why Anchor Hocking doesn't call their glass products "Pyrex."

Unless something changed recently, Ed is absolutely correct. I looked into this a while
back.

Wes

Anchor Hocking can't use the name Pyrex, but they sell borosilicate
glassware. I bought some a month ago, and their website had 442 hits
for "borosilicate glass".