Old February 26th 18, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sheldon Lathe group I want to join. I have an early 1940Sheldon 10"

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 11:50:59 -0500
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

wrote in message
How do i join the group

One of the yahoo groups I belong to moved to another venue. The
moderators, group owners said that Yahoo wasn't interested in
supporting groups anymore. Just a heads...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Old March 20th 18, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sheldon Lathe

On Thursday, 11 February 2010 00:02:55 UTC-6, Bob AZ wrote:
I have done the google seach and of course this forum.

Bed number is S2570.

Catalog number is 5FWQM.

I have determined that the bed number, S2570, means 12" but the
Catalog number is bewildering.

The M in the Catalog number means 56" bed. The lathe bed length is 56"
according to the nameplate.

The man who does the lathes site in the UK is away until next week.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob AZ

Old March 20th 18, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, 11 February 2010 00:02:55 UTC-6, Bob AZ wrote:
I have done the google seach and of course this forum.

Bed number is S2570.

Catalog number is 5FWQM.

I have determined that the bed number, S2570, means 12" but the
Catalog number is bewildering.

The M in the Catalog number means 56" bed. The lathe bed length is 56"
according to the nameplate.

The man who does the lathes site in the UK is away until next week.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob AZ

I have A Sheldon lathe model EM-46-P Serial # M24332. I need some info and will need some replacement parts. Ware can I find parts and other info. Logging On This site and using it is confusing but I got this far. Any help is appreciated Thanks BILL
Old March 20th 18, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have A Sheldon lathe model EM-46-P Serial # M24332. I need some info and
will need some replacement parts. Ware can I find parts and other info.
Logging On This site and using it is confusing but I got this far. Any
help is appreciated Thanks BILL

There is a Sheldon lathe group on Yahoo :

John Knox is from the family that ran Sheldon, and worked in the factory.
He has a HUGE amount of documentation, including cross references for most
of the parts.

Major parts and castings are not available except from parted-out machines.
But, all sorts of smaller parts (bearings, seals and that sort of thing he
can tell you where to get them.)

Jon

Old February 9th 20, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have a Sheldon type KS, No 857. I am looking for a number k128 lead screw nut and a manual for this lathe, any help would be appreciated. Thanks