Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sheldon Lathe group I want to join. I have an early 1940 Sheldon 10"

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 08:13:33 -0800 (PST), Don Dotson
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 10:02:55 PM UTC-8, Bob AZ wrote:
I have done the google seach and of course this forum.

Bed number is S2570.

Catalog number is 5FWQM.

I have determined that the bed number, S2570, means 12" but the
Catalog number is bewildering.

The M in the Catalog number means 56" bed. The lathe bed length is 56"
according to the nameplate.

The man who does the lathes site in the UK is away until next week.

Any input would be appreciated.

Try asking at www.vintagemachinery.org Bob. It's more woodworking
oriented, but some machinists and metalworkers play there. A quick
check of their mfgr page didn't give me anything on Sheldon lathes,
tho.

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is
necessary that he should not only be capable