Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sheldon Lathe

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
I agree. The mental state of the new company is thinking - trash old,
when they get excited and buy our new... or maybe not!

DeVlieg-Bullard II (the successors of national Acme, who were the
successors, in turn, of Sheldon) made nothing under $100 grand, so they
definitely were NOT in the home shop market. I think Bourne & Koch are
in even more stratospheric markets, if that is possible. I don't think
either of them make traditional machine tools (lathes, mills) but
special-purpose punch press type stuff.

Jon