Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sheldon Lathe group I want to join. I have an early 1940 Sheldon10"

I have to find which cabinet / desk I have my Sheldon documents.

I have a L-44 a 44" bed length - not between centers as some think.
L- is a marketing / sales name. the Way number is the real stuff.

I have a good set of copies - but quality from the company that bought
out Sheldon.
I have IIRC 10, 11, 12 machine booklets. I have to find them to see.

What are you looking for ? look on the plate on the front - is it a
L-56 or L-xxx an L machine ? V Belt ?

I found some of my soft versions - but hard paper is stored safe.

Keep me posted or this feed alive. email directly is ok.

Martin TX

On 12/20/2016 10:13 AM, Don Dotson wrote:
On Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 10:02:55 PM UTC-8, Bob AZ wrote:
I have done the google seach and of course this forum.

Bed number is S2570.

Catalog number is 5FWQM.

I have determined that the bed number, S2570, means 12" but the
Catalog number is bewildering.

The M in the Catalog number means 56" bed. The lathe bed length is 56"
according to the nameplate.

The man who does the lathes site in the UK is away until next week.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob AZ