Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sheldon Lathe

Bob -

I have a Sheldon - 11L44 - several of us have them.

I bought it with Dad - I carried off the some tool as he had
his hands full with tooling. Hardware store. Don't you love 1952!

National Acme Co.
Sheldon Machine Div.
170 E. 131 St street
Cleveland, Ohio 44108

Telephone - 1-800-553-2263
Fax 1-216-268-1287

The number on the ways normally has a letter set and a number set.
You had one letter - hum. Feel there is more.

The catalog number indicates the options. For example

Gary has a EXL-56B and the serial number is TXE 19683 T

If you call Acme/Sheldon (now) they can provide parts list and parts.(high).
(high if you can find them - ok if you can't!)

Be sure to have full set of bead alpha-number sets and the marketing / catalog
as well. The options are called out - and the parts list is different...

Mine has a nice set of Chrome ways. Use it from time to time and need
to replace the two wire power plug with some (larger wire, it is a 1hp) and
provide a frame ground.

Martin

Bob AZ wrote:
I have done the google seach and of course this forum.

Bed number is S2570.

Catalog number is 5FWQM.

I have determined that the bed number, S2570, means 12" but the
Catalog number is bewildering.

The M in the Catalog number means 56" bed. The lathe bed length is 56"
according to the nameplate.

The man who does the lathes site in the UK is away until next week.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob AZ