Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Sheldon Lathe

On Feb 11, 9:13�pm, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:
I found mine - a TLWQ 10406 way number or serial number.
I would think or hope that the uk site would have a key.
An option key for the way and model numbers.
Martin

Martin

From the searching I have done it is apparent that I will have to take
a better look at the Nameplate and the Way number. Two of us were
looking at the numbers and letters so I thought we had all correct.
But apparently not.

Is there a chart or the like that cross references the numbers and
letters? The lathe looks just like many of the pictures I have found
on the web. Also someone mentioned that Sheldon would do a custom job
if asked. So I will just have to be patient and do more research.

The lathe I have is real dirty and grimy. It is partially
disassembled. We are cleaning and soaking lots of parts. The motor is
an underdrive type and too dirty to touch. 1/2HP and large enough to
be a 5HP if it was todays vintage. Originally 110V but I will change
it to 220V. The wiring is terrible but I can handle it. Replace it
all. Switch is up behind the tailstock. This will get moved to a safer
location.

The stand is the drawer type. 5 drawers with a coolant tray. The base
or feet are the tubular type. Right side flat on the floor. Leftside
curves up to the left. You probably know what I mean. And all is
dirty.

Thanks for the input
Bob AZ