Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Amway

On 2009-11-06, Roger Shoaf wrote:

"Ignoramus11615" wrote in message

Of course they were. I got to wonder, however, if a Mercedes 300 is
really a big manifestation of success. That's a $30,000 dollar car? Or
am I off with my pricing?

Well I just picked one up last week, cost was $1,364 plus tax and license.

Now we will admire and worship you!!!

just kidding
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 16:06:07 -0600, Ignoramus16167

On 2009-11-06, Roger Shoaf wrote:

"Ignoramus11615" wrote in message

Of course they were. I got to wonder, however, if a Mercedes 300 is
really a big manifestation of success. That's a $30,000 dollar car? Or
am I off with my pricing?

Well I just picked one up last week, cost was $1,364 plus tax and license.

Now we will admire and worship you!!!

just kidding

Nothing says "hasbeen" or "wannabee" quite like a banged up or rusty
MB, Lincoln, or Caddie!!!!!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-06, Roger Shoaf wrote:

"Ignoramus11615" wrote in message

Of course they were. I got to wonder, however, if a Mercedes 300 is
really a big manifestation of success. That's a $30,000 dollar car? Or
am I off with my pricing?

Well I just picked one up last week, cost was $1,364 plus tax and
license.

Now we will admire and worship you!!!

just kidding

Nothing says "hasbeen" or "wannabee" quite like a banged up or rusty
MB, Lincoln, or Caddie!!!!!

You forgot the worst, the Beemer. I parked cars in Vegas for years, and
Beemer owners were just wannabe Mercedes owners. And every one of them was
a lousy dollar tipper, and wanted their car first. Yeah, right, like that's
gonna happen. Took them forever to do the stylish entry into the car, close
the door lightly, lock the doors, put on the seat belt, adjust the mirror,
it goes on and on.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

And nothing says "I drive what I drive 'cause I like it" quite like my
1978 Chrysler Newport!

I had a '68 convertible with the 383 wedge engine, 4 bbl carb. 2.90 rear
end gears, and the puppy would cruise at 75. Wish I had it today. Fast,
stylish, powerful, and had good lines.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message

Nothing says "hasbeen" or "wannabee" quite like a banged up or rusty
MB, Lincoln, or Caddie!!!!!

Well you can think want you want, I got this because these cars are cheap to
maintain and are durable.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 19:45:21 -0600, Terry
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 17:03:54 -0600, Ignoramus23290
wrote:

I have a friend from school days who joined Amway. He called me
recently and told me some gibberish about how I can live a life full
of expensive things without working if I join Amway.

This is not the first time I have heard about that company and I have
always been of the opinion that either complete suckers, or complete
scumbags, or often both, join Amway. I am obviously not considering
joining that sort of an enterprise, but I wonder if anyone had friends
or family get involved, and what happened.

It's the sort of thing that really only works in the large cities. In
rural areas you just can't get enough of a "downpipe" to make it
worthwhile.
The big money is in having so many "below" you...

Indeed. My wife tried it about 15 yrs ago. Products were ok...some
actually decent..but in a town of 15k..and 10 other dealers......she
lost interest really fast.

One of the few things she tried that didnt cost me (much) money.

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Roger Shoaf wrote:

Well you can think want you want, I got this because these cars are cheap to
maintain and are durable.

My thoughts exactly. Not everyone views cars as extensions of ego. Some
of us just use them to get where we want to go...

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 6, 6:34*pm, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

And nothing says "I drive what I drive 'cause I like it" quite like my
1978 Chrysler Newport!

Or a Fiat 500?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Of course they were. I got to wonder, however, if a Mercedes 300 is
really a big manifestation of success. That's a $30,000 dollar car? Or
am I off with my pricing?

My 82 300TD Wagon is probably worth about $4K now, but being an ex-mercedes
tech i got it with a few problems and fixed it for far less. Damned good car
and rated to haul 1/2 ton with hydraulic suspension to keep it level.
Most people can't drive an old one like that anymore as it "nickle and
dimes" them with $50 and $100s as old parts fail.
--
Stupendous Man,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 15:45:51 -0600, Ignoramus11615
On 2009-11-05, SteveB wrote:
Amway especially, seems to be have an ingrained culture of flashing
wealth (probably much of it not really owned, as you mention).

I disdain and avoid any sales managers who have the "cheerleader"
attitude. It is contagious crowd hysteria, and some people are very
good at it. And then, they take this stolen money and send their kids
to dance school, and buy all sorts of flashy items, and keep up the
image. They are sad people living on fluff and waiting for their
balloon to burst. And they have no soul.

Yes, and also, I think that it illustrates a saying "you cannot cheat an
honest man".

It's HARD to cheat an honest man, but in today's world it is no longer
impossible.

These days, it's damn near impossible to _find_ an honest man.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rich Grise" wrote

These days, it's damn near impossible to _find_ an honest man.

Thanks,
Rich

Mark Twain - Beware of a man who tells you he's honest. He'll probably lie
about other things, too. (paraphrased, of course)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2009-11-06, Roger Shoaf wrote:
[...]

Hey, I resent that! And I've never been accused of stylish entry
(6'4", over 50, Z3)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:51:52 -0700, "SteveB" wrote:

"Rich Grise" wrote

These days, it's damn near impossible to _find_ an honest man.

Thanks,
Rich

Mark Twain - Beware of a man who tells you he's honest. He'll probably lie
about other things, too. (paraphrased, of course)

I lie quite often, but I'm not gonna tell you who with :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-09, SteveB wrote:

"Rich Grise" wrote

These days, it's damn near impossible to _find_ an honest man.

Mark Twain - Beware of a man who tells you he's honest. He'll probably lie
about other things, too. (paraphrased, of course)

I believe in this very deeply. Mark Twain was very right.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-05, SteveB wrote:
Amway especially, seems to be have an ingrained culture of flashing
wealth (probably much of it not really owned, as you mention).

I disdain and avoid any sales managers who have the "cheerleader"
attitude. It is contagious crowd hysteria, and some people are very
good at it. And then, they take this stolen money and send their kids
to dance school, and buy all sorts of flashy items, and keep up the
image. They are sad people living on fluff and waiting for their
balloon to burst. And they have no soul.

Yes, and also, I think that it illustrates a saying "you cannot cheat an
honest man".

It's HARD to cheat an honest man, but in today's world it is no longer
impossible.

These days, it's damn near impossible to _find_ an honest man.

Thanks,
Rich

Actually..no its not. But they are not as common as they once were.

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-05, SteveB wrote:
[...]

It says a lot about the kind of people Rich hangs out with.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-05, SteveB wrote:
[...]

Perhaps, but it could be that he considers hypocrites like Gunner to be
dishonest.
That would literally be true.

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 23:50:31 +0000, Mark Rand
wrote:

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:51:52 -0700, "SteveB" wrote:

"Rich Grise" wrote

These days, it's damn near impossible to _find_ an honest man.

Thanks,
Rich

Mark Twain - Beware of a man who tells you he's honest. He'll probably lie
about other things, too. (paraphrased, of course)

I lie quite often, but I'm not gonna tell you who with :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Well done! Very well done!

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-09, SteveB wrote:

"Rich Grise" wrote

These days, it's damn near impossible to _find_ an honest man.

Mark Twain - Beware of a man who tells you he's honest. He'll probably
lie
about other things, too. (paraphrased, of course)

I believe in this very deeply. Mark Twain was very right.

IIRC, I got into deep **** in the past for admitting things, and having
people question my honesty. It was about retrieving forklifts from
underwater, and making sure they were in gear so the drivers wouldn't lose
their jobs. Got some pretty righteous answers from some perfect and
righteous honest people. Glad I'm not that sick. I'm not perfect, just a
little better than I was, and learning to ask forgiveness and not to judge
others. IIRC, also, I don't recall ever claiming to be honest. Or perfect.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-05, SteveB wrote:
[...]

Ah, John. If we were all just honest, and perfect, like you, what a
wonderful world this would be.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Perhaps, but it could be that he considers hypocrites like Gunner to be
dishonest.
That would literally be true.

I have no more reason to believe anything you say, than Gunner. Your
constant rants are irritating, and hard to read with all the typos. You
come across as a very bitter old man with dozens of chips on your
shoulders.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote

He still has my Milwaukee 9" grinder as well. So perhaps he isnt as
honest and perfect as one would think...eh?

Gunner

What's yer problem. The man said he'd pay you. He just didn't say when.

Steve ;'-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-09, SteveB wrote:
Mark Twain - Beware of a man who tells you he's honest. He'll probably
lie
about other things, too. (paraphrased, of course)

I believe in this very deeply. Mark Twain was very right.

IIRC, I got into deep **** in the past for admitting things, and having
people question my honesty. It was about retrieving forklifts from
underwater, and making sure they were in gear so the drivers wouldn't
lose
their jobs. Got some pretty righteous answers from some perfect and
righteous honest people. Glad I'm not that sick. I'm not perfect, just
little better than I was, and learning to ask forgiveness and not to
judge
others.

Being honest does not mean never lying. It means having values that
prevent lying for ulterior purposes.

IIRC, also, I don't recall ever claiming to be honest. Or perfect.

And this is really the key.

Thank God a few people got my point, and not just entertainment from a
public flogging.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote

He still has my Milwaukee 9" grinder as well. So perhaps he isnt as
honest and perfect as one would think...eh?

Gunner

What's yer problem. The man said he'd pay you. He just didn't say
when.

His grinder is right where he left it.
He can pick it up at his leisure and the only reason it is here at all is
that he left it so I could pay ONE OF MY GUYS to do a job I'd already more
than paid him in full , in advance and on his word that he'd finish up, to
do.
He also said he'd pick it up on one of his many trips through the area.

You guys are right about one thing though. I'm not perfect unless taking
gunner at his word makes me a perfect fool.
Hey, wait...
I guess you ARE right.

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
[...]

Ya wannna post that again? I missed it the first time. And the second
time.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
[...]

Actually I didn't even want to post it once. Gunner humiliates himself
enough.
He doesn't need my help.

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
[...]

LMAO. Care to go for four?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 20:13:58 -0500, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:06:28 -0800, Rich Grise

These days, it's damn near impossible to _find_ an honest man.

Actually..no its not. But they are not as common as they once were.

It says a lot about the kind of people Rich hangs out with.

So, Michael, why the personal hard-on for me?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:00:04 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote

He still has my Milwaukee 9" grinder as well. So perhaps he isnt as
honest and perfect as one would think...eh?

Gunner

What's yer problem. The man said he'd pay you. He just didn't say when.

Steve ;'-)

Pay me? It isnt for sale. I simply loaned it to him. No charge. And
drove 80 miles to bring it to him.

Gunner

DISCLAIMER: The content does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either
my ISP, myself, my company or employer, my friends (if any,) my goldfish or
my neighbour's mad dog; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything;
all rights reserved; the post is distribution copyrighted to the extent that
you may distribute the post and all its associated parts freely but you may
not make a profit from it or include the post in commercial publications
without written permission from the Prime Minister of Hutt Province; other
copyright laws for specific posts apply wherever noted or not noted, either
deliberately, negligently, or otherwise; posts are subject to change without
notice; posts are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to
actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental;
hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or
spindle; do not pass go; do not collect $200; your mileage may vary; no
substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; the post is void where
prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; the post is provided "as is"
without any warranties expressed or implied; user assumes full liabilities;
not liable for damages due to use or misuse; an equal opportunity abuse
employer; no shoes, no shirt; quantities are limited while supplies last; if
defects are discovered, do not attempt to fix them yourself but return to an
authorised post service centre; caveat emptor; read at your own risk;
parental advisory - explicit words; text may contain material some readers
may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised; not suitable for
children; not suitable for adults; not for human consumption; keep away from
sunlight, pets and small children; limit one-per-family; no money down; no
purchase necessary; to approved purchasers only; facsimiles are acceptable
in South Australia; you need not be present to read this post; some assembly
required; batteries not included; action figures sold separately; no
preservatives added; tools not included; safety goggles may be required
during use; sealed for your protection, do not use if the safety seal is
broken; call before you dig; for external use only; if a rash, redness,
irritation or swelling develops, discontinue use; use only with proper
ventilation; avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool, dry place; keep
away from open flames, naked flames and old flames; avoid inhaling fumes;
avoid contact with mucous membranes; do not puncture, incinerate, or store
above 60 degrees Centigrade; do not place near flammable or magnetic source;
smoking the post may be hazardous to your health; the best safeguard, second
only to abstinence, is the use of a good laugh; text used on the post is
made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles; no animals were
used to test the hilarity of this post other than Synapse Syndrome; no salt,
MSG, artificial colour or flavour added; may contain traces of replies to
peanuts; if ingested, do not induce vomiting, if symptoms persist, consult
your humourologist; post is ribbed for your pleasure; slippery when wet;
must be 18 to read; possible penalties for early withdrawal; post offer
valid only in participating newsgroups; slightly higher in South Australia;
allow four to six weeks for delivery; damage from hurricane, lightning,
tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, flood, orgasm, misuse,
self-abuse, neglect, unauthorised repair, damage from improper installation,
broken antenna, marred cabinet, incorrect line voltage, missing or altered
serial numbers, sonic boom vibrations, electromagnetic radiation from
nuclear blasts or other Acts of God are not covered; incidents owing to
aeroplane crash, ship sinking, motor vehicle accidents, leaky roof, broken
glass, falling rocks, mud
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
[...]

Me too. I left a job unfinished? Which job would that have been?
Oddly enough..I loaned it to him for knocking off the crud from a cast
iron muliti drill press table. I cant remember if I sold the table to
him, gave it to him or simply provided the grinder and wire cup wheel.

Shrug

But not finishing a job? Hardly.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
[...]

Yah..Id like to know as well

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-09, SteveB wrote:

"Rich Grise" wrote

These days, it's damn near impossible to _find_ an honest man.
Mark Twain - Beware of a man who tells you he's honest. He'll probably
lie
about other things, too. (paraphrased, of course)

I believe in this very deeply. Mark Twain was very right.

IIRC, I got into deep **** in the past for admitting things, and having
people question my honesty. It was about retrieving forklifts from
underwater, and making sure they were in gear so the drivers wouldn't lose
their jobs. Got some pretty righteous answers from some perfect and
righteous honest people. Glad I'm not that sick. I'm not perfect, just a
little better than I was, and learning to ask forgiveness and not to judge
others. IIRC, also, I don't recall ever claiming to be honest. Or perfect.

Steve

This world would be an awfully boring place if everyone was perfect
like me!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-09, SteveB wrote:

"Rich Grise" wrote

[...]

Maybe after they finish laughing at you! ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:35:29 -0800, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

SteveB wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote

He still has my Milwaukee 9" grinder as well. So perhaps he isnt as
honest and perfect as one would think...eh?

Gunner

What's yer problem. The man said he'd pay you. He just didn't say
when.

His grinder is right where he left it.
He can pick it up at his leisure

His leisure? Then you should post a photo of it, and gummy can spend a
few hours writing up some colorful fables describing the amazing and
death-defying ways that he's using the image to grind on pictures of
projects. :-)

and the only reason it is here at all is
that he left it so I could pay ONE OF MY GUYS to do a job I'd already more
than paid him in full , in advance and on his word that he'd finish up, to
do.

I take it that you made a deal *before* he became the
ex-P.E./taxpayer? Oh well, hopefully the job wasn't fabricating
spare-tire brackets. :-) Weird though that he accepted payment in
advance. 'Cus when he's the buyer, whenever possible he prefers to pay
snorf a loooooooooooong time after receiving services.

He also said he'd pick it up on one of his many trips through the area.

It sounds like he'd rather abandon the grinder than face up to a
broken promise. If I were in your shoes, I think I'd write up a
humorous Ebay ad, sell the grinder for say, $4, and send gummy the
proceeds (less commission and the cost of the stamp) along with a copy
of the ad. Or just tell him that some old guy came by to pick up
another of the items he "bought" from gummer 2 years ago. :-)

You guys are right about one thing though. I'm not perfect unless taking
gunner at his word makes me a perfect fool.
Hey, wait...
I guess you ARE right.

BTDT Many years ago I got a pair of paint-spattered vise-grips from a
contractor who didn't want to return to the scene of his crime. I told
him to drop by to pick them up, but apparently he feared the
anticipated tongue-lashing more than he needed the vise-grips. :-)

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:06:28 -0800, Rich Grise

These days, it's damn near impossible to _find_ an honest man.

Actually..no its not. But they are not as common as they once were.

It says a lot about the kind of people Rich hangs out with.

So, Michael, why the personal hard-on for me?

What hard on? You sure seem to like the term, though. You've used
it plenty of times and bragged about getting a blow job from a drag
queen. I don't care if you're as queer as a Hillary Clinton 23 dollar
bill, but I'm not. You even bragged that your brother was a
'stewardess'.

It was a simple statement of facts. If everyone around you is a lair
or thief, it doesn't say anything good about you, no matter who you
are. At the very least it shows that you are too stupid to find good
friends.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:06:28 -0800, Rich Grise

These days, it's damn near impossible to _find_ an honest man.

Actually..no its not. But they are not as common as they once were.

It says a lot about the kind of people Rich hangs out with.

So, Michael, why the personal hard-on for me?

What hard on? You sure seem to like the term, though. You've used
it plenty of times and bragged about getting a blow job from a drag
queen. I don't care if you're as queer as a Hillary Clinton 23 dollar
bill, but I'm not. You even bragged that your brother was a
'stewardess'.

What is exactly wrong with someone who has a stewardess brother?

I lost you here.

It was a simple statement of facts. If everyone around you is a lair
or thief, it doesn't say anything good about you, no matter who you
are. At the very least it shows that you are too stupid to find good
friends.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:06:28 -0800, Rich Grise

These days, it's damn near impossible to _find_ an honest man.

Actually..no its not. But they are not as common as they once were.

It says a lot about the kind of people Rich hangs out with.

So, Michael, why the personal hard-on for me?

What hard on? You sure seem to like the term, though. You've used
it plenty of times and bragged about getting a blow job from a drag
queen. I don't care if you're as queer as a Hillary Clinton 23 dollar
bill, but I'm not. You even bragged that your brother was a
'stewardess'.

What is exactly wrong with someone who has a stewardess brother?

I lost you here.

Women are stewardess, men are stewards.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-11, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

bill, but I'm not. You even bragged that your brother was a
'stewardess'.

What is exactly wrong with someone who has a stewardess brother?

I lost you here.

Michael has apparently been lost for a very long time. He clearly hates
me; he's probably envious that at age 60, I still ride my bike a couple of
miles a day, I drink with impunity, I smoke cigarettes, and I smoke
marijuana recreationally. I'm guessing that all of these things are things
that he hates; he probably mostly resents my Freedom. I do find it
interesting that he seems to keep a personal file to record all of my
faults.

He doesn't realize that his venomous hatred has no effect on me, but it's
eating him up alive from the inside.

Oh, well, live and let live, I guess. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich