Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default Amway

"Ignoramus12778" wrote in message
On 2009-11-10, SteveB wrote:
"Ignoramus12778" wrote in message
On 2009-11-09, SteveB wrote:
Mark Twain - Beware of a man who tells you he's honest. He'll probably
lie
about other things, too. (paraphrased, of course)

I believe in this very deeply. Mark Twain was very right.

IIRC, I got into deep **** in the past for admitting things, and having
people question my honesty. It was about retrieving forklifts from
underwater, and making sure they were in gear so the drivers wouldn't
lose
their jobs. Got some pretty righteous answers from some perfect and
righteous honest people. Glad I'm not that sick. I'm not perfect, just
little better than I was, and learning to ask forgiveness and not to
judge
others.

Being honest does not mean never lying. It means having values that
prevent lying for ulterior purposes.

IIRC, also, I don't recall ever claiming to be honest. Or perfect.

And this is really the key.

Thank God a few people got my point, and not just entertainment from a
public flogging.

Steve