Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] wmbjkREMOVE@citlink.net is offline

Default Amway

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:35:29 -0800, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

SteveB wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote

He still has my Milwaukee 9" grinder as well. So perhaps he isnt as
honest and perfect as one would think...eh?

Gunner

What's yer problem. The man said he'd pay you. He just didn't say
when.

His grinder is right where he left it.
He can pick it up at his leisure

His leisure? Then you should post a photo of it, and gummy can spend a
few hours writing up some colorful fables describing the amazing and
death-defying ways that he's using the image to grind on pictures of
projects. :-)

and the only reason it is here at all is
that he left it so I could pay ONE OF MY GUYS to do a job I'd already more
than paid him in full , in advance and on his word that he'd finish up, to
do.

I take it that you made a deal *before* he became the
ex-P.E./taxpayer? Oh well, hopefully the job wasn't fabricating
spare-tire brackets. :-) Weird though that he accepted payment in
advance. 'Cus when he's the buyer, whenever possible he prefers to pay
snorf a loooooooooooong time after receiving services.

He also said he'd pick it up on one of his many trips through the area.

It sounds like he'd rather abandon the grinder than face up to a
broken promise. If I were in your shoes, I think I'd write up a
humorous Ebay ad, sell the grinder for say, $4, and send gummy the
proceeds (less commission and the cost of the stamp) along with a copy
of the ad. Or just tell him that some old guy came by to pick up
another of the items he "bought" from gummer 2 years ago. :-)

You guys are right about one thing though. I'm not perfect unless taking
gunner at his word makes me a perfect fool.
Hey, wait...
I guess you ARE right.

BTDT Many years ago I got a pair of paint-spattered vise-grips from a
contractor who didn't want to return to the scene of his crime. I told
him to drop by to pick them up, but apparently he feared the
anticipated tongue-lashing more than he needed the vise-grips. :-)

Wayne